20230831_140057 (resized).jpg
20230831_140030 (resized).jpg
20230812_190743 (resized).jpg
20230812_190817 (resized).jpg
20230812_190720 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1690511860651 (resized).jpg
20230710_223232 (resized).jpg
20230710_223345 (resized).jpg
There are 2,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 58.
#1651 6 years ago

I want to kill you!
Take away your live, and torture while you die!

#1652 6 years ago

#1653 6 years ago

German invasion!!!!

#1654 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Kirk is awesome. Too bad he ended up leaving Down, but damn Crowbar is awesome too

Hell yeah, man. I met Down in 2015, super talented guys and I'm a huge Pantera nerd so meeting and talking to Phil was unreal!

#1655 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Hell yeah, man. I met Down in 2015, super talented guys and I'm a huge Pantera nerd so meeting and talking to Phil was unreal!

I bet! Was he coherent? I 'met' (basically they all said hi and spent a couple minutes talking) them when I was a kid in 1994 on this bill: Biohazard, Sepultura, Pantera. I am lucky to have survived, that was AMAZING! Phil was going through his rough years though

#1656 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1657 6 years ago

The end is near... TOTAL DESTRUCTION!

#1658 6 years ago

#1659 6 years ago

From the eclipse this past week emerged a great death metal band name... Swath of Totality

#1660 6 years ago

lost respect for Phil many times over..paid money and travelled to see Down, only to have him ditch the show completely so he could smoke heroin. Megadeth did a double set to fill the slot but not cool. And I can't even spin a Pantera album without cringing!

490a92186597a0e01eceeafb6f2d5168 (resized).jpg490a92186597a0e01eceeafb6f2d5168 (resized).jpg

#1661 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I bet! Was he coherent? I 'met' (basically they all said hi and spent a couple minutes talking) them when I was a kid in 1994 on this bill: Biohazard, Sepultura, Pantera. I am lucky to have survived, that was AMAZING! Phil was going through his rough years though

Oh yeah! Hahah he just woke up from a nap and he came and talked to my buddy, brother, and I about horror movies for like 15 minutes! Also talked to Jimmy Bower and Pepper! I saw Pat carrying coffee down the street and talked to him before the VIP started haha. DUDE!! So you got to see Dime in person?!? LUCKY! Hands down the greatest guitarist in all of music IMO. Here's a picture! I'm in the Black Flag shirt and Phil was like ripping my shirt

IMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPG

#1662 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

lost respect for Phil many times over..paid money and travelled to see Down, only to have him ditch the show completely so he could smoke heroin. Megadeth did a double set to fill the slot but not cool. And I can't even spin a Pantera album without cringing!

Dang, when was the show? Mid 90s?

#1663 6 years ago

The absolute most BADASS era of Pantera was in 2000. They were at their peak. Reinventing the Steel is one the heaviest albums I have ever heard

IMG_1335 (resized).JPGIMG_1335 (resized).JPG

#1664 6 years ago

Reinventing the Steel is one the heaviest albums I have ever heard

Do you listen to Death Metal? I like Pantera and am a big fan of Phils but theres much heavier stuff out there.

Dang, when was the show? Mid 90s?

80's

#1665 6 years ago

Here's a picture! I'm in the Black Flag shirt and Phil was like ripping my shirt

Great lettuce bro. Props.

#1666 6 years ago

Pinball DOOD get the hell off my grass!
Cocky young whippersnappers...

#1667 6 years ago

Lemmy know when the big 2-1 celebration is. I'd love to hang out with yer Dad lol.

#1668 6 years ago

This one goes out to all you youngsters that have great taste in t shirts

#1669 6 years ago

#1670 6 years ago

#1671 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Great lettuce bro. Props.

Thanks, bro! My hair is WAY longer now. I'm still going and never stopping hahah but I do pull it up at work

#1672 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Pinball DOOD get the hell off my grass!
Cocky young whippersnappers...

Hahaha

#1673 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Lemmy know when the big 2-1 celebration is. I'd love to hang out with yer Dad lol.

You talking to me, bro?! Hahah my dad is AWESOME but he only got me into Sabbath and the Ramones, the rest I found on my own PS: ROLLINS AND KEITH MORRIS RULE

#1674 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Do you listen to Death Metal? I like Pantera and am a big fan of Phils but theres much heavier stuff out there.

80's

I'm a Dark Throne kind of dood

#1675 6 years ago

It was a joke that wasn't really a joke. Hell yer pops could be younger than me. But just as I suspected... he's DOOD SR. and he's cool af. Me and him are hangin at yer big one no shit. Got flyers yet?

#1676 6 years ago

I can't stand a cover band but everything has an exception. Most killinest guitarist in the​ state of IN playin in 2 of the 3 bands.
Tomorrow at 7 Black Circle Brewing Co don't sleep on these riffs.
20841738_1628974497114905_7211153306228254625_n (resized).jpg20841738_1628974497114905_7211153306228254625_n (resized).jpg

#1677 6 years ago

They have a LW3 and another pin too shazam.

#1678 6 years ago

if you like your guitarists check out "heavy metal ninjas" from down in my part of the world. instrumental only, main guy was heavily influenced by steve vai.

#1679 6 years ago

Getting Ozzy to play Bark at the Moon while the eclipse happens ... genius!!

But listen to him sing! It's terrible. And why is Zakk back in the band with his stupid squealing and carrying on? Sounds fucking ghastly!! Listen to the BATM solo! Jake E Lee would be turning over in his grave! And he's not even dead!!

Bring back the Greek guy!

the end may be near ...

rd

#1680 6 years ago

I'm a Dark Throne kind of dood

never heard of them, I'll check it out. Here's something so soothing almost like a lullaby.

#1681 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It was a joke that wasn't really a joke. Hell yer pops could be younger than me. But just as I suspected... he's DOOD SR. and he's cool af. Me and him are hangin at yer big one no shit. Got flyers yet?

Bring your pins over and we got a party hahah all the metal heads on here are invited

#1682 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

never heard of them, I'll check it out. Here's something so soothing almost like a lullaby.
» YouTube video

Damn, I love it

#1683 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I can't stand a cover band but everything has an exception. Most killinest guitarist in the​ state of IN playin in 2 of the 3 bands.
Tomorrow at 7 Black Circle Brewing Co don't sleep on these riffs.

Some Cutters is AWESOME

#1684 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Getting Ozzy to play Bark at the Moon while the eclipse happens ... genius!!
But listen to him sing! It's terrible. And why is Zakk back in the band with his stupid squealing and carrying on? Sounds fucking ghastly!! Listen to the BATM solo! Jake E Lee would be turning over in his grave! And he's not even dead!!
Bring back the Greek guy!
the end may be near ...
rd
» YouTube video

LOL
Git yer squealys on RD.
"And he's not even dead."---my favorite part.
Jake E. Lee was always a strong #2 behind Randy. Not really sure how Squealy McMountain Man ever got in the band.

#1685 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

LOL
Git yer squealys on RD.
"And he's not even dead."---my favorite part.
Jake E. Lee was always a strong #2 behind Randy. Not really sure how Squealy McMountain Man ever got in the band.

Zakk is overwhelmingly the crowd favorite though - between his crazy antics and BLS, the huge personality - he's the 2nd face of the Ozzy band. Jake got royally screwed over by (I assume) Sharon in the songwriting; he had to write all the songs on BATM and TUS and hand over all songwriting credits to Ozzy so they'd get the $$. He's still bitter. And considering Bob Daisley has the same story, and Sharon is ... well, Sharon..., it does seem likely to be true...

#1686 6 years ago

Yeah Sharon is such a royal bitch. Everytime I see the daughter though, she gets hotter and hotter to me. Would.

#1687 6 years ago

#1688 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Zakk is overwhelmingly the crowd favorite though - between his crazy antics and BLS, the huge personality - he's the 2nd face of the Ozzy band. Jake got royally screwed over by (I assume) Sharon in the songwriting; he had to write all the songs on BATM and TUS and hand over all songwriting credits to Ozzy so they'd get the $$. He's still bitter. And considering Bob Daisley has the same story, and Sharon is ... well, Sharon..., it does seem likely to be true...

Yes, Zakk is very popular. It is very funny how he has gone from a Randy lookalike to Mountain Man since he came on the scene. See the pic ...

Jake E Lee was stupid not to chase up the royalties. He just doesn't want to do it. He has everyone on his side ... the producer, Max Norman, has stated numberous times that Jake and Bob wrote everything, and Ozzy wasn't even there for most of it.

It would have been very interesting if history had been a little different. How would RR be viewed if he had left Ozzy as planned at the end of the Dairy tour
And gone to classical music? Would he still be on the pedestal he is now, if he was still alive? Would Jake E Lees work be almost totally ignored, as it is now?

rd

IMG_6902 (resized).JPGIMG_6902 (resized).JPG

#1689 6 years ago

How could something this perfect exist? The quality is crisp as hell, Bruce sounded phenomenal as well as the band! Wish I could have seen this tour

#1690 6 years ago

A song about a long distance runner, your honor, is anything but metal.
non-perfect!
-mof

#1691 6 years ago

How could something this perfect exist?

somewhere in time isn't bad but is not the perfect Iron Maiden album by a long shot.

iron-maiden-iron-maiden-16769376-1035-1023 (resized).jpgiron-maiden-iron-maiden-16769376-1035-1023 (resized).jpg
the-number-of-the-beast-1982-album-cover-full (resized).jpgthe-number-of-the-beast-1982-album-cover-full (resized).jpg
iron-maiden-piece-of-mind-remastered-album-cover (resized).jpgiron-maiden-piece-of-mind-remastered-album-cover (resized).jpg

Piece of Mind is Iron Maiden perfection for me.

#1692 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Piece of Mind

Negative.

"In a TIME when dinosaurs walked the e-e-earth"

lame!
-mof

#1693 6 years ago

Killers is
#1 best album all time
#2 is Melissa
<mic drop>
-mof

#1694 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Killers is
#1 best album all time
#2 is Melissa
<mic drop>
-mof

I rate Killers very highly ... but NOTB has to be the definitive METAL album of all time, let alone Maiden album.

If anyone asks me what album to buy to get into metal, the answer is always NOTB. Every song is a winner.

rd

#1695 6 years ago

POWERSLAVE!

#1696 6 years ago

NOTB and Piece of Mind are equal for me, Melissa is a top 10 of all time for sure.

#1697 6 years ago

Bunch of Dianno guys I see, I love Dianno but COME ON. I've studied Maidens music for years and I'm a lover of all albums. Somewhere in Time is excellent

#1698 6 years ago

It was beautiful

IMG_0947 (resized).JPGIMG_0947 (resized).JPG

#1699 6 years ago

Powerslave has some good songs ... I got the first retail copy in NZ and wore out my album playing it ... but it has some lesser songs like Losfer Words and Flash of the Blade that aren't as good as the other stuff. The same can be said of Piece of Mind.

Whereas NOTB, every song is killer. Even the weakest track on the album, Invaders, is still fucking killer.

rd

#1700 6 years ago

Reinventing the Steel is one the heaviest albums I have ever heard

There are 2,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-about-metal/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.