6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,555 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 318 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D281A2CB-7ACC-4536-9358-8A6CF710B06F (resized).jpeg
F1F06364-1202-45A3-A469-655BEBEBB4A6 (resized).jpeg
calmer-than-you-are-www-the-h-6774061 (resized).png
QadOLdH (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7EDEC75D-34B9-4AE4-85E4-A349017BC21F (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20181022-224830_Instagram (resized).jpg
913D9F97-A6CC-4738-92DB-C5C05E9C650A (resized).jpeg
D1B8CB5D-0F48-4640-B405-1C4625F8D78B (resized).jpeg
00D127AD-114C-4295-B33A-1E6717FCF94D (resized).jpeg
61142ADD-6DDA-4952-934E-FD47EB768010 (resized).jpeg
1E8D261A-5E07-4E44-A875-9FF0D8D2F8EC (resized).jpeg
8075 (resized).jpg
39018533_10105988326038618_7819987714790391808_o (resized).jpg

There are 2555 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 52.
#1601 2 years ago

20170713_170334 (resized).jpg

#1602 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Nope. Not double tracked...doh...I'm an idget. That's just Ellefson straight killin one of the best bass riffs in metal history.

DAWN PATROL RULES

#1603 2 years ago

No it doesn't. My least favorite track.

#1604 2 years ago

Careful what you say about Misfits

#1605 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

No it doesn't. My least favorite track.

If you want bass then that's the song

#1606 2 years ago

Just joshin ya Dood....Ellefson does no wrong, on any track. Dood ya need to get up here and catch some nasty Indy death metal shows.

#1607 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just joshin ya Dood....Ellefson does no wrong, on any track. Dood ya need to get up here and catch some nasty Indy death metal shows.

Hahaha I know! I'm pretty close. When you come to Louisville Expo this year, let's hang.

#1608 2 years ago

CLIFF EM ALL

image (resized).jpg

#1609 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

The opening riff is CRUSHING.
Such a fine track.

1536632_768564766504254_1685946827_n (resized).jpg

#1611 2 years ago

Nice line up!

#1612 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

my favorite track from Rust.

Five Magics for me

Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

My ALL time favorite MEGADETH album is Peace Sells. Kicks off with Wake up Dead, SHIT GETS REAL

I'm one of the few that prefer So far... over Peace Sells.

Quoted from knockerlover:

I'm always in the minority, but my favorite MD album is youthanasia. I like tracks off rust and peace sells, holy wars etc. but I think youth is the best album in total. Plus the music video for sweating bullets was pretty innovative at the time.

I love all the Megadeth albums so nothing wrong w/ that. Youth (to a lesser degree - Cryptic Writings) the emphasis was on the vocals. I do love the riffs on Youthanasia albeit they're lacking the technical structure, but it does have some of the best Mustaine and Friedman solos. My only real complaint on that album is I overall hate the guitar tone. I saw them play on their Youthanasia tour - one of the best concerts I've been to.

Quoted from yuriijos:

Dystopia is frickin killer. Megadeth is my all time favorite band, and I would so like to have a pinball machine with Vic art everywhere.

Mine too my good man. I picked up the guitar because of Dave Mustaine. 25 years later... still in awe of his work.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm guessing most of the solos on RIP were Friedman, but would love to see who actually played what. Take No Prisoners riffage is just fuckin insane...so fast. One of the best things about that album is Ellefsons playing and the production (Dave) that allows us to hear all Dave E.'s nuances. Love actually HEARING bass in metal.
Was he double tracking on Five Magics or is that him playing on the top AND bottom? I swear I hear 2 bass lines.
Guess I need to go find a Dave Mustaine book.

Actually it's about 60/40 Friedman to Mustaine. Which song/solo in particular were you inquiring about.

#1613 2 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

I'm one of the few that prefer So far... over Peace Sells.

I would say you are the only one.

#1614 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I would say you are the only one.

Nah, my brother does too...

#1615 2 years ago

I'm happy to say I like all the Megadeth albums. Dave Mustaine is the ultimate riffer and song writer and if your playing lead for Megadeth you had better be pretty damn good too. Most notables, Marty Friedman, Chris Broderick, and now Kiko.

#1616 2 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GREATEST! DARRELL LANCE ABBOTT!

#1617 2 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Five Magics for me
Actually it's about 60/40 Friedman to Mustaine. Which song/solo in particular were you inquiring about.

Five Magics is KVLLER!
I was wondering who that is blazing wood on that opening riff of Take No Prisoners. So fast...my 1st guess is Marty. But being the egomaniac that he is, can't see Dave letting anyone else play it. Doesn't really matter. That whole album is just perfection.
Confession: I have never heard YouthsinAsia.

#1618 2 years ago

All Dave all night right here on Dave TV.
Not a really a rare track, but Kill the King is only available on a couple albums.
The production on Greatest Hits is SHIT but I love how I can listen to Trust, then Kill the King, then Symphony.

#1619 2 years ago

Heavy Metal workout!

rd

IMG_6868 (resized).JPG

#1620 2 years ago

60 minutes?? Git it RD! Yer inspiring me. I get 10 min. Need 60. Was *supposed* to start that hour cardio today...funny ya post that.
So what you were at like 600 and then yer like fuck it, I got 20 more minutes. Let's hit that winning number... right?

#1621 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

60 minutes?? Git it RD! Yer inspiring me. I get 10 min. Need 60. Was *supposed* to start that hour cardio today...funny ya post that.
So what you were at like 600 and then yer like fuck it, I got 20 more minutes. Let's hit that winning number... right?

I was aiming for 666 from the start.

I've been doing 50 minutes for a few weeks and hitting 530-550ish, so I thought add on another 10 mins and hit 666.

As the 60min mark was approaching, there was still a way to go to the 666, so I went hard out but still didn't make it. Hit it 19 seconds into the cooldown.

A hour on an Ellipical trainer seems daunting, but if you build up to it (I started at 20mins months ago) and take your mind off it by listening to a podcast (there's that word again Gryzzzzzzz!) it flies by.

Elliptical trainer burns way more than the treadmill or the Exercycle (at similar exertion levels...) so instead of 30 mins on bike and 30 mins on walker, I just go hard on the elliptical.

rd

#1622 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Rust in Peace set the bar about as high as anyone will ever set it. Perfect album if there ever was one.
Been killin this track lately...
Techno prisoners, TECHNO SHIT.
» YouTube video

Absolutely a head smasher. Make sure you get the original not the "remastered" version where Dave inexplicably re-recorded the vocals on a bunch of songs ("techno Prisoners" sounded particularly awful, like he recorded it during recovery from a bout of laryngitis)

#1623 2 years ago

Well, thanks, but I've owned RIP since like 91. I agree though..."re-masters" generally "re-suck".

#1624 2 years ago

RD in 09 when I got up to like, 250 and could barely tie my shoes I found a local gym in St. Louis I loved. I would actually do an hour of cardio and then an hour of iron. Worked like a charm.
This is week 4 for me. First 2 weeks I got 4 days in, last week got 5. I do sprints on the treadmill for 2 miles and call it a day. Gotta hit that hour back mang I know I can do it, just a matter of DOING IT.
At gym now. Probably gonna skip that fuckin cardio.

#1625 2 years ago

I'm right now trying to give shitallica's hardwired another chance.... sorry to report that it's not working...

#1626 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm right now trying to give shitallica's hardwired another chance.... sorry to report that it's not working...

It's Metallica's best attempt so far at impersonating pre-black album Metallica. But in my opinion.. still doesn't quite hit the mark.

#1627 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

still doesn't quite hit the mark.

Too much filler.
Reduce the album to about 7 songs and it's pretty good.

Crap-list
"dream no more"
"here comes revenge"
"murder one"
"am i savage"
"now that we're dead"

and get down to 7 songs, 45 minutes -- closer to where an album belongs !
-mof

#1628 2 years ago

Man I STILL haven't bought Hardwired yet...I know...lame.
I'm totally ok with being the only asshole on the planet that actually REALLY likes Death Magnetic.

#1629 2 years ago

What about that damn Stairmaster though RD? We used to run stairs in wrestling, so I still remember the pain.

#1630 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm totally ok with being the only asshole on the planet that actually REALLY likes Death Magnetic.

Yeah, I would say you're the only one.... shit, I've been saying that a lot!!!

btw.... mastodon sucks

#1631 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Five Magics is KVLLER!
I was wondering who that is blazing wood on that opening riff of Take No Prisoners. So fast...my 1st guess is Marty. But being the egomaniac that he is, can't see Dave letting anyone else play it. Doesn't really matter. That whole album is just perfection.

Pretty much what hear on RIP (guitar-wise) was done by Dave with the exception of Marty's solos.

#1632 2 years ago

Death Magnetic was a good album I think. Way better than St. Anger, but that's not saying much.

#1633 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Confession: Youthansia was my first Megadeth cd.
My mom won a free cd as a contest prize when I was in the 6th grade and she didn't want anything on the list so I picked out Megadeth because the name sounded good. After I got it I was looking through my parents cds one day and found Rust In Peace! My dad had bought it and didn't like it so I "borrowed" it.. Shortly after I went out and bought Peace Sells.

If you ever want to pick up Youthanasia get the original version and not the mangled up modern redone release.

#1634 2 years ago

When you're seeing 20 things at a time
You just can't slow things down babe
When you're seeing 20 things in your mind
You just can't slow things down
THEN ALL THOSE EYES
They're just crowding up YOUR HUMAN FACE
Then all those eyes
Take AN OVERLOAD

#1635 2 years ago

Death Magnetic was when Kerry King went nuclear cause Rick Rubin jumped ship. THAT'S why I was so excited to hear it. And it did not disappoint.
Rick Rubin is the OG mothafuckin shiite.

#1636 2 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Pretty much what hear on RIP (guitar-wise) was done by Dave with the exception of Marty's solos.

Thanks Schusler. What I figured. Need to pull up some concert footage of this track, I know. But this is more personable.

#1637 2 years ago

Broken Beatin and Scarred
We die hard.
Us dad rockers. We do. We die hard.

#1638 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well, thanks, but I've owned RIP since like 91. I agree though..."re-masters" generally "re-suck".

Sorry, I was talking in general to PS at large

#1639 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Five Magics is KVLLER!

Dave played all the rhythms on RiP; marty played slightly less than half the solos (just counting through you can pretty well validate this by listening; Dave has a very specific style that's easy to differentiate from Marty). Of course, this is all according to Dave, so take with a grain of salt...

EDIT: should have read a little further down

#1641 2 years ago

Joey Ramone RULES

IMG_0923 (resized).JPG

#1642 2 years ago

If you dudes haven't heard the Ramones cover album We're a Happy Family yer missin out.

#1643 2 years ago

If you think you can, well come on man
I was a Green Beret in Vietnam

#1644 2 years ago

HELL YEAH, believe it or not I'm actually 20 years old. I know my stuff dudes

#1645 2 years ago

First rule is "the laws of Germany"
Second rule is "be nice to mommy"
Third rule is "don't talk to Commies"
Fourth rule is "eat kosher salamis"

#1646 2 years ago

Off to Kreator and Vader next Saturday night with CycoChris

Not that familiar with their older stuff, but I'm digging the new stuff. It reminds me of Metal Church.

rd

#1647 2 years ago

Both kick some serious ass... I'm a Kreator fan since day #1, I have all of their albums.... Since Vader are from Poland I came to know them just a few years ago, but man, they're evil!!!

#1649 2 years ago

The mighty VADER

#1650 2 years ago

Kirk is awesome. Too bad he ended up leaving Down, but damn Crowbar is awesome too

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 27.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 26.95
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 89.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 45.00
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 2555 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 52.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside