20230831_140057 (resized).jpg
20230831_140030 (resized).jpg
20230812_190743 (resized).jpg
20230812_190817 (resized).jpg
20230812_190720 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1690511860651 (resized).jpg
20230710_223232 (resized).jpg
20230710_223345 (resized).jpg
There are 2,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 58.
#1402 6 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

Friends of mine
» YouTube video

Man sorry to hear that.. Bobby seems to have completely f'd things up again. The guys are trying to pick up the pieces but word on the street is it ain't good. He beat up his mom and dad or something(?)

#1403 6 years ago

Indy's own Dustin Boltjes on battery takeover right here. This album to present.

#1404 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man sorry to hear that.. Bobby seems to have completely f'd things up again. The guys are trying to pick up the pieces but word on the street is it ain't good. He beat up his mom and dad or something(?)

I have not heard any real details, but agree with you that it is not good

#1405 6 years ago

Iron Maiden next Friday, Metallica the week after that. David Gilmour next month. 1K in tickets. Worth it. Hope RUSH tours again.

#1406 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Indy's own Dustin Boltjes on battery takeover right here. This album to present.
» YouTube video

Dude, those guys are AWESOME!!!! One of my favorite bands EVER!!!

#1407 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Testament came out in the 80s... how about The New Order? Also the first Sacred Reich album, Sepultura's first 4 I think...

#1408 6 years ago

(with portuguese subtitles)

#1409 6 years ago

Has anyone already been to the Metallica, Avenged, Volbeat show? Just curious who the opener was, I would assume Volbeat, then Avenged, then Metallica.

#1410 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Has anyone already been to the Metallica, Avenged, Volbeat show? Just curious who the opener was, I would assume Volbeat, then Avenged, then Metallica.

I was driving down the road in Denmark yesterday (as one does...) and this little dark grey metallic hatchback comes along side, it has black wheels, blacked out windows and the Volbeat logo all over it.

Dunno if it was a fans car, or offical.

I don't know much about Volbeat except that Rob Cagiano (ex Anthrax) is in the band.

rd

#1411 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I was driving down the road in Denmark yesterday (as one does...) and this little dark grey metallic hatchback comes along side, it has black wheels, blacked out windows and the Volbeat logo all over it.
Dunno if it was a fans car, or offical.
I don't know much about Volbeat except that Rob Cagiano (ex Anthrax) is in the band.
rd

They're not bad - but if you get into them, IMO a lot of the tunes start to sound the same. You kinda know where it's going before they get there. Many of the tunes you will SWEAR you've heard before. That said, Guitar Gangsters and Cadillac Blood is an amazing album. Rob hasn't really changed them much but it's kind of a one-dude-does-it-all band like Danzig is.

#1412 6 years ago

Barney makes everything better.

#1413 6 years ago
Quoted from PinHead2112:

Iron Maiden next Friday, Metallica the week after that. David Gilmour next month. 1K in tickets. Worth it. Hope RUSH tours again.

I was lucky to see Rush during the R40 tour. They are one of only two big name concerts I have been to.

#1414 6 years ago

These guys are pretty awesome. More metal core but still a great band.

#1415 6 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

These guys are pretty awesome. More metal core but still a great band.
» YouTube video

Pretty rocking.

Tennis anyone?

#1416 6 years ago

So this is really weird.

I ignored all Bruce Dickinson solo albums, since:

1. I'm an Iron Maiden fan
2. Solo albums suck (expect for Ozzy's first 2, Dio's first 2 -- rare exceptions)
3. Iron Maiden is a supergroup, all players are top-notch, why would I want to just hear Bruce -- I liked Paul way better.

Ok, having said that -- yesterday thanks to RD mentioning trying out Skid Row's second album -- (which does have a heavy sound and is good production) -- still the compositions are utter crap like from any hair-metal band who don't know shit about music... (but I'm glad I listened, I had no idea they were kinda in-between metal and LA metal) -- so for some reason Spotify went to "Chemical Wedding" after that album... Spotify has improved its AI lately, and is finding me great music...

Holy balls.

Chemical Wedding for me was like getting a FREE missing Iron Maiden album from 1998. Yes, it's a 'vocal album', so it's about backing off the guitar tone and giving the singer space, (not always my favorite style of music) -- but the guitars are very heavy. The album has *almost* zero filler. I think I ditched one song on the very end that sounded like a Deep Purple tribute song that didn't belong on the album.

Anyway, I know a bunch of you knuckleheads already know about Chemical Wedding, but I didn't cause I wasn't soft enough to try it out 20 years ago -- but it made for a great Saturday in the pin-shop on auto-repeat, and I sang right along with it, since Iron Maiden uses about 4 bass lines over and over and over for ALL songs, making them so so so so so so done by like Powerslave (please stop already, you are soooo out of ideas !!!)

chemical wedding: VERY good album. shocker.

-mof

#1417 6 years ago

Glad you found that! The follow up "Chemical Wedding" is even stronger. All around package is better too - songs, melody, artwork, everything

#1418 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

They're not bad - but if you get into them, IMO a lot of the tunes start to sound the same. You kinda know where it's going before they get there.

That's actually a really good description of Volbeat.

#1419 6 years ago

Something for everyone... a lot of fun performances from SNL primarily from the 80's and 90's.

Starts of with a 1981 performance with a good mosh pit with punk band Fear
8:14 / Living Color
27:10 / Skid Row - Can't deny Bach's vocals or stage presence!
47:00 / Smashing Pumpkins.
1:17:27 Rage Against The Machine
etc and so forth...enjoy hunting for the rest.

#1420 6 years ago

Is the lead singer of Fear Mr.Body from Clue? which is an amazing movie by the way

#1421 6 years ago

#1422 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Is the lead singer of Fear Mr.Body from Clue? which is an amazing movie by the way

Yep, that's him - Lee Ving!

He did a record with Dave Mustaine back in the 90s called "MD45". I don't know what happened (wink wink), but later Dave decided to re-release the album with himself doing all the vocals.

#1423 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The follow up "Chemical Wedding" is even stronger

I don't follow?
-mof

#1424 6 years ago

Some shots from maiden in VA this weekend.

IMG_1932 (resized).JPGIMG_1932 (resized).JPG
IMG_1968 (resized).JPGIMG_1968 (resized).JPG

#1425 6 years ago

Last year I bought an obstructed view seat at the United Center cause it was so close to stage. Mistake. This year I've got pit tix.
HEY KOOLAID OH YEAHHHH

#1426 6 years ago

Ain't gonna get myself killed!

#1427 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I don't follow?
-mof

After Accident of Birth, Bruce did an album called "Chemical Wedding" which kicks even more ass !

#1428 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Some shots from maiden in VA this weekend.

What song was that second photo from? I do not remember that backdrop

#1429 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

» YouTube video

It's a dangerous meeting...

#1430 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What song was that second photo from? I do not remember that backdrop

Wasted years!

#1431 6 years ago

I figured - we were hauling ass out of the venue by then! I didn't want to sit in the car for 2 hours with my son going "When are we gonna get home...." lol

#1432 6 years ago

lucky kid! Missed the encore but beat the traffic to get home to his video game!

#1433 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

lucky kid! Missed the encore but beat the traffic to get home to his video game!

We were walking in and talking to a couple of guys who had travelled from Pittsburgh (another dad and son, the son was about 30), and the dad asked my son what his favorite song was - he tells him "Speed of Light" - I about fainted! what a kid

#1434 6 years ago

Another drum video (yeah, the guitar may sound like shit but I don't fuckin care)!

#1435 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

» YouTube video

I was lucky enough to catch the KING live a couple of years ago in the House of Blues of Vegas - opening act by none less than fuckin Exodus!!!!

What a night!!!

#1436 6 years ago

These guys are FUN:

#1437 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

These guys are FUN: » YouTube video

Serj Tankian lives in Auckland, we used to see him around the town from time to time.

I never really got into System of a Down, so this must be the place where I write "SYSTEM OF A DOWN SUX!!" hahaha. They're ok. Lots of my non metal friends like them.

rd

#1438 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

They're ok. Lots of my non metal friends like them.
rd

Lots of my friend's non metal girlfriends like them too!

#1439 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Volbeat, Avenged and Metallica in that order. That is, if you don't count Mix Master Mike.

#1440 6 years ago

I'm not big on the newer hardcore tuff guy shit but damn...the last Hatebreed ain't bad at tall. Pretty nasty...even with the video sucking. Only link to original song I could find. Just buy the album like the video says.

#1441 6 years ago

Ok, you pussies.... take that:

#1442 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Serj Tankian lives in Auckland, we used to see him around the town from time to time.
I never really got into System of a Down, so this must be the place where I write "SYSTEM OF A DOWN SUX!!" hahaha. They're ok. Lots of my non metal friends like them.
rd

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Lots of my friend's non metal girlfriends like them too!

This is what my non-metal friends and girlfriends are into

#1443 6 years ago

One of my favorite bands Acid King : Blaze In Blaze Out

Or how bout Sleep

#1444 6 years ago

It's a great night in Houston Tx.

Metal up your ass motherfuckers!!!

We all know Metallica has become a bunch of sellouts...And to Lars...let's make Napster great again!!!

Fortunately they still play the old shit that made them great.

#1445 6 years ago

This one goes to Adam West!

#1446 6 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

One of my favorite bands Acid King : Blaze In Blaze Out
» YouTube video
Or how bout Sleep
» YouTube video

I knew I wasn't the only stoner rocker on here! I was blasting Orange Goblin, Kyuss, the Melvins on the weekend..still need to put them back on the shelf

14972801083902069386050 (resized).jpg14972801083902069386050 (resized).jpg

#1447 6 years ago

I also blasted hank Williams Jr, beastie boys, die antwoord, and some Elvis! Haha

#1449 6 years ago

One more from

#1450 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I knew I wasn't the only stoner rocker on here! I was blasting Orange Goblin, Kyuss, the Melvins on the weekend..still need to put them back on the shelf

The Melvins Dogma and Bullhead albums were what took me away from metal and into the punk/thrash/grunge genre.

I think the music scene in your city also helps define what you listen to. Remember hall shows? Get 3 or 4 local bands, rent a hall and charge $5 cover. Living in Edmonton we had S.N.F.U, The Smalls and a handful of other local bands playing every other weekend so thats what we went to. Rare the big bands would travel up there. Usually had to drive 12hrs to Vancouver to catch the bigger shows.

There are 2,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-about-metal/page/29?hl=pinhead2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.