20230831_140057 (resized).jpg
20230831_140030 (resized).jpg
20230812_190743 (resized).jpg
20230812_190817 (resized).jpg
20230812_190720 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1690511860651 (resized).jpg
20230710_223232 (resized).jpg
20230710_223345 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

266 posts in this topic match your search for posts by hazoff. You are on page 1 of 2.
#679 10 years ago

SLAYER
Six Feet Under
Jungle Rot
Deicide
Morbid Angel
Entombed
Death
Black Sabbath
Judas Priest
A few of the best but so many more, Real metal.

#680 10 years ago

Had to post this.

#685 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Saw that tour,when JP stopped in NJ.
Great show.

I like JP more in the 21st century, seemed to be heavier live than before and Rob's voice aged like wine. Amazing

1 week later
#696 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Some Doom from Jersey
» YouTube video
Dead Child
» YouTube video
HIGH ON FIRE
» YouTube video
Pig Destroyer
» YouTube video

Man I never heard of any of thee bands, really like it. Try Jungle Rot great band.

#697 10 years ago

Phil doing some heavy shit.

2 months later
#719 9 years ago

So young and innocent I was, go home after school turn on the TV music videos, early 80's all happiness then all of a sudden this and I realized that my soul was as black as night because this was the greatest thing I had ever seen.

#722 9 years ago

7 months later
#745 9 years ago

These guys can still bring it.

1 month later
#756 9 years ago

#757 9 years ago

#761 9 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Tommy G....OHH ! Death growl OG.

Circle of the Tyrants, that song opened up my ears to a whole new style of Metal I had never heard before. 11 Years old and even then loved the evilness, its all been darkside of the force ever since. Good times.

3 months later
#787 8 years ago

Thats serious old school MIDI right there.

4 months later
#810 8 years ago

Classic, one of those albums where every song is great, this one in particular is a personal fav.

#817 8 years ago

Big crush on this lady when I was a young lad, she prompted some rubbing and touching thats for sure.

#827 8 years ago

Not my style but man she is great.

#828 8 years ago

This is my style.

1 year later
#975 7 years ago

#976 7 years ago

More real Metal.

3 weeks later
#990 7 years ago

3 weeks later
#994 7 years ago

1 week later
#1005 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Whereas in more extreme stuff, it's just some noise on top (IMO)

I'm not sure what you mean, oh wait yes I do and I love it, a lot of great stuff is ruined by the vocals, music is great but the singing sucks along with the lyrics for me Death Metal and especially Chris Barnes from old CCorpse and Six Feet Under fits perfectly, I find it soothing and relaxing.

#1007 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I listened to that song and it was great up until Cookie Monster showed up and started moaning about something lol.

maybe thats why I like it so much.

cookie-monster-vocals-death-metal-cookie-monster-vocals-demotivational-posters-1358200928 (resized).jpgcookie-monster-vocals-death-metal-cookie-monster-vocals-demotivational-posters-1358200928 (resized).jpg

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#1009 7 years ago

1 month later
#1016 7 years ago

1 month later
#1022 7 years ago

1 week later
#1032 7 years ago

3 weeks later
#1042 7 years ago

#1047 7 years ago

#1051 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Damn. So is that Bloodbath

If I ever re buy TWD I'm gonna have to change the music, and that Bloodbath song will work perfectly with Bloodbath mode, the rest I think will be mostly Slayer, might be the only way I ever get close to having Slayer and pinball together.

#1052 7 years ago

#1054 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Adrenaline starts to flow yer thrashing all around acting like a maniac

Motorhead version is the best.

#1060 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I've never been a big Kreator fan but their latest album is really good... starting with:

I like the way it started but the chorus ruined the song, like alot of thrash it starts heavy then some kind of pop like chorus with a lame theme and it goes to shit, thankfully Slayer never goes to shit.

#1062 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Hmm, I wonder what you mean by this:
1. They never change/sell-out their sound (like Metallica and Megadeth did)
2. They never stop writing great records (like nobody in the history of heavy rock or metal -- every band eventually hits a creative wall, and start writing the same album over and over -- there is no exception.)
3. Something else.

1. yes
2. from Slayer I'm fine with the same thing over and over but that's not the case, its a subtle change but its there if I want something different then I won't listen to Slayer, but for me RIB is quite different from Seasons, both are great.
3. Slayer has never sold out and I've never seen a video or heard a song by them where I would deem it "shit" thats the point, Motorhead has there RnRoll crappola, Sabbath has the hippie thing and Jesus, Met and Mega sold out or were never really hardcore anyway but Slayer is constant, pure, organized evil and I love it.

ef058fccdf691361ba5a3de090da4185 (resized).jpgef058fccdf691361ba5a3de090da4185 (resized).jpg

#1075 7 years ago

#1076 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Sorry Megadeth has not sold out.

explain this piece of crap then, after Rust in Peace everything but the latest album has been disappointing, to me anyway. 3 words tout le monde
Megadeth-Youthanasia (resized).jpgMegadeth-Youthanasia (resized).jpg

#1079 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

what's not to like?

Those 3 songs sorry but they don't even sound like metal, listen I'm glad you like them just being a jackass, I mean I'm more of a Death Metal or heavy Thrash guy so to each his own.

#1080 7 years ago

#1082 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Meanwhile, Rust in Peace is the greatest riff / shredding album of all time.

I'm a Peace sells fan just slightly more than Rust but they are both classics.

#1085 7 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Slayer is, and always will be, Slayer.

Very well said sir.

#1089 7 years ago

#1090 7 years ago

#1092 7 years ago

It was smoke on the water for me, then I switched to bass and learned mostly Rush and Sabbath. Don't mind the snares.

#1094 7 years ago

Still making music.

#1099 7 years ago

Whats not cool, the song or Mels Rock pile?

#1101 7 years ago

You can dislike my song but to dislike Mels Rockpile is just wrong, I'll give you a pass you live a land where this is popular.

MacarenaLosDelRio (resized).jpgMacarenaLosDelRio (resized).jpg

#1103 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

huh.... I don't know that either...

exactly!

#1105 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Anyways, please forgive me if my post offended you... I would never expect that kind of music on a metal thread!
Oh, and btw, Megadeth and Dave Mustaine are as metal as hell!!!!

You didn't offend me, well Mels Rock Pile but I doubt you know SCTV its all good, I was just kidding with regards to the Macarena as for Dave once he found jesus and made Youthanasia Megadeth kinda sucks, I did like the latest album. Its strange because I find that riff to be pretty heavy but I wrote it so probably just me and my drummer isn't a metal guy so it kinda comes off weird. I'll ask you this, do you like Iron maiden after Powerslave? or Metallica after the Justice, just curious.

#1107 7 years ago

Man I've tried to like Iron Maiden after powerslave and can't find anything. Enlighten me please.

#1111 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I stuck with them up to Seventh Son .. that was the last one I bought.
Certainly the best stuff is up to and including Powerslave/Live after Death live LP.

yeah after powerslave its kinda sounding like eurotrash metal, perfect for a soccer theme.

#1115 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

That's nice man. My one year old started immediately dancing.

I'm making dance music I didn't even know I saw Maiden when I was 10 at Maple Leaf Gardens for Powerslave and I'm keeping that as my live Maiden memory but thanks anyway, I haven't been to a concert for 20 years, I'd rather make dance music in my basement...........

#1127 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Highlight was when Belladona came out with KSE and sang Holy Diver. Nice!

Wheres the pictures of Belladona? She is great.

#1131 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Dudes...
1) Maiden will ALWAYS rule (I've got all of their albums - their latest ones on 180g vinyl)!
2) So as ANTHRAX (and JOEY BELLADONNA) and MEGADETH!!!
3) 80's THRASH METAL is the fucking best so all these "new-metal" stuff stinks (KSE i.e.).

Sorry man but metal is faster, more brutal and better than ever, Iron Maiden after Powerslave is pretty much shit, Anthrax and Mega have their place but only the oldschool stuff and while I like 80's thrash it has been crushed by the mighty anvil that is Death Metal.

#1150 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Who here likes babymetal?

I do, who would have thought little Japanese girls singing and dancing to speed metal would work so well, remember once you take Metal too seriously it becomes kinda lame.

#1151 7 years ago

How can't you at least smile while watching this, its pretty heavy and I gotta say its better than a lot of poser Metal I hear these days.

1 week later
#1170 6 years ago

#1176 6 years ago

My fav

#1179 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

My favorite genre is thrash. Any new kickass thrash band recommendations?

#1181 6 years ago

This might be the heaviest riff ever played. Feel free to dispute and post something heavier, I'm waiting

#1182 6 years ago

Impressive.

#1185 6 years ago

Ok, you have a point and I'm a Sabbath freak so its hard to dispute that but its too slow to beat Morbid Angel, its greatness but Zero the Hero is better and even that doesn't beat it. Try again kind sir.

#1189 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Haha, Yeah the Sabbath riff is slow but has that eerie build up. How about this then?

If I could I would carve SLAYER across my chest, I would have lose the man boobs otherwise it would look strange but still no, keep trying.

#1190 6 years ago

I find this to be close but not quite there.

#1191 6 years ago

#1214 6 years ago

#1215 6 years ago

#1216 6 years ago

#1222 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

BTW, who said there's no life at Maiden after Powerslave???

Me and I stand by that, Carcass should be great though, I used to like Lamb of God but that's guys vocals get on nerves real quick. My favorite song by them.....

1 week later
#1250 6 years ago

#1251 6 years ago

#1268 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Amon Amarth is METAL, so is Dragonforce.... I dig them both, what can I do?

Burn all current material then listen to Venom for the next year or so followed by Slayer and then Six Feet Under with a daily listening of Zero the Hero either by Sabbath or the Cannibal Corpse cover, that should cleanse you of those bands.

MORTUAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

#1270 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'd take your advice to heart except for zero the hero by sabbath!

Thats a big part of it, to rid urself of all Eurotrash Metal and bad Death Metal like Arch Enemy you must do this, Zero the Hero is one of the finest heavy songs ever written, do it man, Good Luck

#1271 6 years ago

#1273 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Dude, I'm sorry but I don't think you're being serious by talking shit about ARCH ENEMY!

Arch enemy sucks and so does that Vince Neil, you are cleary a different kind of metal head than me but thats cool

#1280 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Awww, Can't it be a guilty pleasure?

Of course, I was an Angela fan that's for sure, one or two songs but for the most part its just so darned Eurotrash.

740full-angela-gossow (resized).jpg740full-angela-gossow (resized).jpg

#1302 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

PS: a7x and slipknot suck big balls 2!

I agree 100%

#1307 6 years ago

Such bad weak metal.

#1308 6 years ago

#1309 6 years ago

I feel better now

#1312 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

korn and limp bizkit

Korn might have some parts in a few songs that are quite heavy duty but for the most part its shit and Limp Bizkit just plain sucks. I did like the girl but thats the exact sound that I can't stand, its like pop metal and its shit, pop metal vibes have even leaked into Death Metal (Arch Enemy) I now I'm just an old guy know who hates most anything new in music because well how couldn't you, usually the only new stuff I dig is from old bands.

#1313 6 years ago

#1314 6 years ago

#1320 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Painkiller is Priest at their absolute worst.

Pretty much starts with Painkiller for me, and I do like a few modern live versions of the older stuff but thats about it, until painkiller Judas Priest wasn't even metal, not bad but not metal. Once Rob started screaming and the double bass kicked in then it took form but before that pretty much crap.

#1323 6 years ago

#1324 6 years ago

#1325 6 years ago

#1326 6 years ago

Classic

#1331 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

If Chris Cornell really did committ suicide like it's being reported, all the respect and admiration I have for the guy will go down the drain....

I don't think he did, I think he had a heart attack from drugs, either way a shame, normally I wouldn't post a Soundgarden song in a metal thread but Jesus Christ pose is certainly a heavy song and I like most of their library.

#1333 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I just think of Robin Williams and realise not everything is as great as it seems.

Yeah but he was diagnosed with Parkinsons and I believe he snuffed it rather than dealing with the shitty disease which I've seen take effect, my dad had it and it killed him pretty young 66, terrible disease, the man couldn't deal with what was coming, I don't know if I would want to. I think Chris took one too many of something powerful last night and at 52 it stopped his heart.

#1335 6 years ago

#1343 6 years ago

Come on AlexSmendes thats poser metal big time, sounds like the beginning of a cartoon. I think you need to start ur own thread for Eurotrash/poser Metal.
Oh Yeah

#1344 6 years ago

#1346 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Or maybe YOU should drain this thread and stick to the death metal thread YOU created.

I think a poser metal thread is the better option, but I'll will refrain from commenting on ur posts, you are free to listen to what u want even if it sucks.

1 week later
#1354 6 years ago

#1356 6 years ago

#1369 6 years ago

#1373 6 years ago

Skid Row sucks.

#1382 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nothing wrong with biting your tongue .. like I do everytime a video of some no hope, tiny club playing losers with a spiderweb logo and Cookie Monster spewing unintelligent, unmelodic drivel vocals is posted

Wow. oh by the way, Skid Row sucks.

#1383 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think the Quiet Riot albums sound really dated now,

Yeah they do sound dated but Skid Row has stood the test of time. Nobody fucks with Hazoff, Hazoff does the fuckin, Oh Yeah.

#1393 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You're a musician ... listen to the first 30 seconds of Cum on Feel the Noise ... "Crate" transistor amp tones, tin can drums, hardly audible bass.
Now listen to Monkey Business ...
Michael Wagner producing, cranked hot rodded valve amps, huge drums, searing vocal mix.
Huge difference. Night and day. Even a deaf man can hear the difference.
rd

I can't really listen to any of the 80's stuff, I didn't like Quiet Riot then or now, listen that was a strange time and so many things were deemed metal that never were, like Van Halen and I love me some Van Halen with Roth only of course, and yes Hazoff sucks.

#1395 6 years ago

Denim and Leather, brought us all together, maybe you can learn to play the bass, Classic

#1420 6 years ago

Is the lead singer of Fear Mr.Body from Clue? which is an amazing movie by the way

#1421 6 years ago

2 weeks later
#1489 6 years ago

If they do make an Iron Maiden pin they better not leave out this album, I'd like this for my translite.

#1492 6 years ago

#1493 6 years ago

#1495 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

But I guarantee you any Maiden pin won't have Dianno singing anything.

I bet it will have pictures of old guys on it, no Dianno would really suck, thats some of the best Maiden.

#1500 6 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

How about some Bolt Thrower?

Put me down for a War Master LE. great band

#1502 6 years ago

I did that it was a farce but I was young and the parents paid so its all good.

#1508 6 years ago

This would become my favorite translite ever, not too mention LCD animated clips of the War Master causing death, I'm in for an LE.

#1512 6 years ago

#1514 6 years ago

#1524 6 years ago

1 week later
#1558 6 years ago

#1559 6 years ago

#1566 6 years ago

This isn't really Metal I know and I'm a fan of only a few Zappa songs but this is pretty god damn heavy duty.

1 week later
#1576 6 years ago

#1578 6 years ago

#1579 6 years ago

Man I'm loving this band.

1 week later
#1589 6 years ago

my favorite track from Rust.

#1610 6 years ago

#1664 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Reinventing the Steel is one the heaviest albums I have ever heard

Do you listen to Death Metal? I like Pantera and am a big fan of Phils but theres much heavier stuff out there.

Dang, when was the show? Mid 90s?

80's

#1669 6 years ago

#1670 6 years ago

#1680 6 years ago

I'm a Dark Throne kind of dood

never heard of them, I'll check it out. Here's something so soothing almost like a lullaby.

#1691 6 years ago

How could something this perfect exist?

somewhere in time isn't bad but is not the perfect Iron Maiden album by a long shot.

iron-maiden-iron-maiden-16769376-1035-1023 (resized).jpgiron-maiden-iron-maiden-16769376-1035-1023 (resized).jpg
the-number-of-the-beast-1982-album-cover-full (resized).jpgthe-number-of-the-beast-1982-album-cover-full (resized).jpg
iron-maiden-piece-of-mind-remastered-album-cover (resized).jpgiron-maiden-piece-of-mind-remastered-album-cover (resized).jpg

Piece of Mind is Iron Maiden perfection for me.

#1696 6 years ago

NOTB and Piece of Mind are equal for me, Melissa is a top 10 of all time for sure.

#1714 6 years ago
Quoted from Metalmanmiles:

I could honestly defend any maiden album, but killers is a classic that's for damn sure.

You can? explain anything after Powerslave please because I just don't get it. Love Maiden but I couldn't even get into SITime, something was lost, went very Eurotrash sounding to me anyway.

#1743 6 years ago

my favorite era of Phil. BRUTAL

This is my favorite

#1746 6 years ago

Love that song but let me try to change your mind, bro

Not bad but didn't change my mind.

#1747 6 years ago

More

#1751 6 years ago

untitled (resized).pnguntitled (resized).png

#1761 6 years ago

#1763 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm in absolutely love with these girls

Me too, an attractive women in a Venom T-shirt spells love for me these girls are making some great sounding old school thrash.

#1784 6 years ago

Unmatched line-up in music

Ah youth.

6c952a62fbd6ae0b8e6f39395c29a317_1000x563x1 (resized).jpg6c952a62fbd6ae0b8e6f39395c29a317_1000x563x1 (resized).jpg

Black-Sabbath-Music-Large-Wallpaper (resized).jpgBlack-Sabbath-Music-Large-Wallpaper (resized).jpg

deep-purple-3 (resized).jpgdeep-purple-3 (resized).jpg

judas-priest-wallpaper-HD4 (resized).jpgjudas-priest-wallpaper-HD4 (resized).jpg

motorhead (resized).jpgmotorhead (resized).jpg

#1792 6 years ago

She's lovely, and in a Nuclear Assault T no less. Greatness.

fernandalirametalgoddessesbloggse_5528d8a9e087c321c74eab19 (resized).jpgfernandalirametalgoddessesbloggse_5528d8a9e087c321c74eab19 (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#1828 6 years ago

#1840 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Dude, that's HORRIBLE!!!!

Nope, one of the greatest songs ever from a great band. heres some more

#1853 6 years ago

#1856 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Go get your Mercyful Fate itch scratched WELL with Portrait,

Yeah not even close.

1 week later
#1869 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Right now I'm listening to Trivium, and I gotta say... it's a unique experience, because it will never happen again.... don't blame me for not trying... I just don't dig that nu-metal s***.

Yeah Trivium sucks, they suck bad. I had to listen to some Slayer just to stop myself from ending it all, poser, weak ass metal.

#1880 6 years ago

#1882 6 years ago

#1888 6 years ago

Holy Shit, love this song

#1892 6 years ago

not bad at all, sounds like good old school Sepultura

1 week later
#1907 6 years ago

#1910 6 years ago

The Power Hour.

#1911 6 years ago

#1915 6 years ago

The Powa Howa with Michael Williams, classic. I remember watching that as teenage longhair, I believe I had a white denim jean jacket at that point with a Slayer patch on the back, ah to be young again. Although the metal I listen to now is 10x as brutal so I've actually gotten much worse.

#1924 6 years ago

#1925 6 years ago

#1927 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

TÝR is very very good music with a some serious vocals

1 week later
#1950 6 years ago

#1954 6 years ago

#1979 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

BEST ALBUM EVER!!!!!! Whoever says otherwise should learn a lesson in violence!

Then I need to be taught a lesson, come on man.

Slayer-ReignInBlood (resized).jpgSlayer-ReignInBlood (resized).jpg

#1985 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

And I like Exodus better than Slayer as well...

That's just sick.

#1986 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Tryptykon showed up in my YouTube music feed a couple of weeks ago. I lost track of what Tom G Warrior was doing after Apollyon Sun. I got the latest album and it rocks.</blockquote

Check this out

#1988 6 years ago

#2000 6 years ago

#2001 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Goetia: lyrics . Satan, Savior, Father. Satan lord of destruction and creation

Goetia is one of the best songs for me in existence. More bone crushing music from Tom G, so simple yet powerful. I love it.

#2003 6 years ago

Still the best of the bunch for me

#2004 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

And give Apollyon Sun a listen if you haven't already

A little to industrial for my taste. More triptykon for ya.

#2007 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I like all kinds of music 'cept for country and rap...

Theres good in almost all kinds of music, for me the modern Hip Hop and pop music, nu metal and poser Death Metal is simply shit but old rap and some old country I can appreciate. In fact older Hip Hop is more metal than RandB in my opinion. Then theres horror rap which is what I like best, Kool keith, Brotha Lynch Hung. Oh yeah.

#2009 6 years ago

Alex don't be one of those Metal purist guys who thinks all over forms of music suck, I'm gonna assume you like the native music of Rio, no? I do, I listen to Classical the most followed by Death Metal then Oldschool heavy music a little rock, latin jazz, fusion, big band, Frank S, huge Elvis fan and funk and 70's RandB, the list is long. You see this is the part of Metal I really can't stand, right up there with people who hold up the devil horns hand sign all the time or have to walk around looking like they just crawled out from under a bunch of rocks. I see it in the videos and its lame, but thats why I haven't been to a concert in over 20 years. Its cool to each his own.

#2011 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

And... (you may want to kill me right now) ... I love that 80's LA glam metal scene (well, except the gay bands such as poison...), but bands like TS, Skid Row, Dokken, Motley Crue, WASP... they rocked (and still do) my world!

Hey man I'm with ya, I never liked glam metal but growing up in the 80's makes it tough to hate a lot of the pop music from that time. That new over the top Death Metal where the vocals are just ridiculous or where they have added keyboards and it seems to be based around medieval times its just terrible, to me anyway. We agree on enough that I don't think we need to kill each other, but hear me now and believe me later if you ever start listening to Nicki, Beyonce, Justin or Taylor Swift I'm coming looking for sir and I expect the same in return.

#2015 6 years ago

Listening to this and remembering the greatness that was Metallica, so happy I am and also so sad for the Black album and everything that has followed.

#2017 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think I’ve figured out the reason that folks gravitate towards old music. It reminds them of their “happy times” ... when they had no children, no mortgage, maybe they had a hot GF at the time, some good buddies .. shit like that.

of course we all like music we grew up with but I like new Slayer, lots of new Death Metal, theres some good heavy rock still being made here and there but lets be honest this is by far the worst generation of music ever and that makes it tough to want to have anything to do with it, now while ur not a fan of my cookie monster posts theres stuff now thats stupid fast and the singing is really bad, I mean for you its all bad but for me this is when it becomes ridiculous.

#2019 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If you don’t like it I won’t even click on it lollll
rd

smart move and please don't call the cookie monster a "fukwit"

#2020 6 years ago

The good kind of Cookie Monster, give it a chance rd.

#2023 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Slightly different than a lot of the thrash and death metal I see posted lately, but this is something we've been thinking of throwing into our set when I need a rest on the vocals. yeah I know it's a bit boring on the visuals:

Nice, I'm working a new riff very simple right now I'm playing bass and guitar, oh and I do all the choreography.

#2029 6 years ago

1 week later
#2041 6 years ago

Not really into Arch Enemy or any of those bands but this woman has my attention and the band is exceptional, great song.

#2047 6 years ago

#2050 6 years ago

What a great video, can't seem to stop watching it. I think its the playing.

#2054 6 years ago

Never heard of Holy Moses my entire childhood/teen years and into my 20's then discovered them with this album around 10 years agao, great stuff.

#2058 6 years ago

#2060 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

there's no room for nu-pop-metal here!

ur welcome I had to go and listen to Slayer to cleanse the terrible residue left by Avenged Sevenfold, Ah shit I just typed it, this time I'm gonna use Napalm Death.

There now I feel better.

#2061 6 years ago

Man these guys have some of the heaviest riffs I've ever heard, I wish it stayed that way no time for the little hip hop breakdowns.

is this Metal? the first riff certainly is.

#2070 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

When Anthrax and Killswitch Engage, two of the biggest bands in the scene,

Yeah but Anthrax? they have classic great songs that can't be denied but what lately? I've never even heard of Killswitch Engage, lets say Slayer and Megadeth would have easily sold that out in minutes.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

90% of the public that goes to stadiums to watch SHITalica and avenge SHITfold also listen to madonna, beyonce and bruce springSHIT and think they're cool (mainstream, remember?)!

This is very true.

#2071 6 years ago

Killswitch engage is shit, this is the kind of metal that ruins metal for me like as Alex would say Avenged Shitfold. Its like metal for the Nascar scene. Once again I need to cleanse.

Ok all better now, please start a serperate thread for poser metal like Killswitch, Mastadon, Avenged etc. my heart can't take it.

#2072 6 years ago

#2074 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Metallica tho sells out a 70000 seat stadium in 5 minutes. Sad

sells out is right, hence the sold out stadium. At least they gave me those first 4 albums to enjoy but they suck now big time.

#2079 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Justice wasn't that bad and solid tour so I'd say 5 albums but get your point.

4 and Justice was fantastic, I prefer the newer mix where theres better bass.

#2080 6 years ago

#2084 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

- all metal is shit unless 1 guy from Brazil and 1 guy from Canada say it’s cool

Well it can be more than one but Yes

Quoted from rotordave:

Anthrax are has-beens

Yes and I'll go so far as to say never were's, buts that my opinion much prefer SOD's work

Quoted from rotordave:

Killswitch Engage should instantly make you vomit ... if you don’t vomit you’re not into metal at all and should wear Woman’s clothing and hide in shame

Yes Yes

Quoted from rotordave:

any metal that doesn’t have a cast member of Sesame Street singing lyrics you can’t understand isn’t metal at all .. and your masculinity is questionable if you don’t listen to this genre.

Not sure where u got that from, me? I love Preist and Dio and Sabbath and Deep Purple oh and Sesame Street, don't hate Grover RD just don't do it. You don't have to like Death Metal singing but you do have to hate Killswitch Engaged or embrace it and wear womens clothing, nothing wrong with it.

Quoted from rotordave:

any metal gateway bands, instead of strengthening the genre, are akin to cancer.

I don't even know what a metal gateway band is but Yes.

I take so much flak from people who hate the Death Metal vocal style and you know what I couldn't give 2 shits, RD what do you care what we think, you probably don't relax its just music. I like Metal but never raise my 2 fingers or wear rock tee's none of that. I listen to classical the most, then Death Metal and Thrash as really its the closest thing to Classical music for me in terms of feeling and I prefer Death Metal vocals becasue I'm a jackass and can't stand the majority of lyrics out there, a good song can be ruined for me because of the lyrics just like a good shooting pin can be ruined by the theme.

#2088 6 years ago

Back to it.

#2091 6 years ago

#2093 6 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

If anyone of you think that liking something obscure or speaking ill of something that you do not personally enjoy makes you cool then you're clueless. It's not about filling stadiums, or playing for 11 gutter punks and a 3 legged dog in a scummy basement. It's about escape, visceral release, enjoyment. If you don't like it don't listen.

Ok but this is a discussion thread where we all post what we like and u should be able to say "I like that aswell" or thats "Shit" I didn't even know Avenged Sevenfold or Killswitch Engaged existed till this thread and now I wish I never did know but that doesn't mean I can't post my opinion. Also if you take away the critique aspect this site would be really fuckin boring not to mention Comedy and music and movies and basic general conversation with other humans. Do i think hating Avenged Sevenfold makes me cool? ur god damn right I do.

#2096 6 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

Yet when you say shit like, "please start a serperate thread for poser metal like Killswitch, Mastadon, Avenged etc. my heart can't take it." you are being an asshole and degrading to others who are posting here.

I certainly hope so that was the whole point of the comment, you see PC guys rarely have a sense of humor as does anyone who takes themselves or anything else for that matter too seriously.

Quoted from doompin:

Missed my point entirely. Critique is one thing. Something doesn’t suck simply because someone doesn’t like it. Music sucks when the musicians creating are lousy at playing not when someone doesn’t like the songs that they write.Think of it this way. Why is metal not mainstream? Because most people on earth do not like it. Does that mean it sucks? Your argument is weak sauce.

I didn't miss ur point at all and I'd like to thank you for breaking it down to the most basic element, bad playing? there is a ton of cool music that has been recorded and is adored by millions played by sub standard musicians but it works so that theory is complete horseshit.

Listen I don't care what you or anyone else likes, but if I can help someone who currently thinks Killswitch is good metal music maybe think twice and realize its crap then great if they choose to continue listening to it then I couldn't care less and do I derive a certain degree of pleasure in insulting other people who don't like what I like? Yep. Does all this make me a Jackass? also Yep.

#2103 6 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

I know most of the stuff I listen to is hated by most people. That doesn’t mean it sucks. Ever listen to Khanate? Objectively it’s unlistenable, the sort of stuff that even most metal heads don’t even have the palate for. I love it though. That’s my point.

Exactly and I agree fully, my favorite genre of metal is Death Metal, Six Feet Under, CCorpse, Bolt Thrower and I love it when someone says its crap, I don't care. Ofcourse just because someone else thinks it sucks doesn't make it so, do you realize some people think Nicki Minaj doesn't suck now because no one coming to this thread will argue with that its all good right? I just like to bug people who pretend to be holier than thou, doesn't matter if its pinball, music whatever.

Quoted from doompin:

I bet you (would) dig some of the bands that are predecessors to Killswitch Engage despite a distaste for them.

Yeah that stuff isn't bad but it doesn't make what Killswitch is doing any better, if anyone of you guys love Killswitch or Avenged or Trivium hey man all the power to ya. Just busting balls.

#2104 6 years ago

#2107 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wonder why nobody posts anything in this thread? Because you two dicks keep slagging it off.

That has nothing to do woth it.

Quoted from rotordave:

Clearly you do, because you (and Alex) go out of your way to call everything you don’t like shit. Like a 12 year old kid.

No I really don't, I do enjoy irritating people and you care way more than I do thats why when one of the bands you like is put down seems the claws come out, you can hate any of the bands I like, don't care. Maybe you need to ask urself why you do, I know but it would just enrage you and while I would like to do just that I will refrain.

Quoted from rotordave:

I have every right to like KSE just as much as you to have to like your stuff.

Who said you didn't? you have the right to like it and I have the right to say its crap, steamy, smelly, fly ridden garbage. I'll never stop so maybe we should leave it alone. You know me and Alex have disagreed on many a thing and yet it doesn't turn into this kind of shit show.

#2108 6 years ago

Heres something I think we can all agree is greatness.

#2118 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That’s really quite sad. Maybe time for you to look at your life and aim for better things?

Anyway, I’m gonna leave this thread for you and Alex to fondle each other.

For the others, I’ve created a new thread where you can share whatever shit you want, without fear of judgement from others.

No my aim is just fine and I'm pretty happy, you have no idea. I'll be inflitraiting the new thread real soon RD there is no ecapse. Now Alex prepare to be fondled and I know what Im doing so don't worry.

These 2 guys need to do a entire LP together in my opinion

#2120 6 years ago

#2121 6 years ago

#2122 6 years ago

#2126 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Unfortunately, that's the reality of metal in north america.... The almighty Judas Priest opening for five finger death shit....

It should be Saxon opening for Preist and then end it.

#2149 6 years ago

Classic

#2150 6 years ago

#2151 6 years ago

#2153 6 years ago

Never listened to 70's Priest before and now I can't stop.

#2158 6 years ago

#2159 6 years ago

memory lane

#2168 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Kreator - Pleasure To Kill
» YouTube video

I bought that tape when I was 13. Ahhh the times of cassette's, it was special.

IMG_20141101_030812 (resized).jpgIMG_20141101_030812 (resized).jpg

#2172 6 years ago

#2175 6 years ago

#2176 6 years ago

#2183 6 years ago

#2189 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hazoff, your new avatar looks like Chucky when he was being born... Now that he grew up, he became RAIDERS HC!

Total Recall my friend, Quato.

quato_total_recall_movie_image (resized).jpgquato_total_recall_movie_image (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2232 6 years ago

#2233 6 years ago

#2234 6 years ago

#2242 6 years ago

#2244 6 years ago

#2247 6 years ago

What a great album.

#2256 6 years ago

Heavy and Evil, a perfect mix.

#2261 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

HORRIBLE! Nothing good ever comes from canada... I mean, NEVER!

Well we do have the best beer, and Hockey although I don't watch Hockey or really drink beer so forget that but I can't let u get away with that statement simply due to this band kind sir.

and while u probably don't listen to this kind of music heres another fella from Toronto who knew a thing or two. My favorite pianist playing what he played best by my favorite composer.

Theres alot more Alex, come on man.

#2262 6 years ago

#2263 6 years ago

#2264 6 years ago

#2265 6 years ago

I could keep going but I think I made my point.

#2269 6 years ago

#2272 6 years ago

Holy Shit

#2273 6 years ago

1 week later
#2279 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Man, I LOVE Nuclear Assault! I got all of their albums.... Never caught'em live though....

Saw them on the Nuclear Assault tour, I was just a little guy but man it was great.

#2280 6 years ago

#2281 6 years ago

2 weeks later
#2289 6 years ago

#2308 6 years ago

#2310 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That was the golden age of music videos.

Yes sir a better time.

#2321 6 years ago

Ah when Metallica was actually a good band, u can see how they don't have the chops to pull of this greatness of an album
like this anymore but still the only way u would get me to a Metallica cocert these days.

1 week later
#2326 6 years ago

4 months later
#2379 5 years ago

2 months later
#2404 5 years ago

#2407 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Shogun named Marcus up on ya.

Not my style Gryszz.
The new HoF is amazing but I agree DITC is the best.
I'm having a MotorHead night which is highly amplified by the ingestion of certain chemicals.

1 week later
#2410 5 years ago

2 months later
#2422 5 years ago

#2423 5 years ago

2 weeks later
#2424 5 years ago

1 month later
#2440 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Better than Tommy G? I say AYE.

Love Obit but the Celtic Frost version is still the best.

1 month later
#2447 5 years ago

2 weeks later
#2452 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

What ever happened to Celtic Frost? Is it true that they got lost?

This, and I couldn't be happier about it.

#2453 4 years ago

1 week later
#2458 4 years ago

1 week later
#2463 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

As far as metal there is Metallica’s first 3 albums then everything else falls in behind it.

Man ur way off, Megadeths Peace Sells and Rust In Peace are equal for me personally better than early Metallica.

#2464 4 years ago

#2470 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Again no offense to Hazoff or any other metal heads in here.

No offense taken, still ur way off. I'm with ya with regards to Metallica but why u leave Justice out of their early greats tells me you may be slightly confused. Peace Sells and Rust In Peace are highly regarded as Classic Metal albums right up there with R T Lightning and Puppets. Dave Mustaine is pretty much the King of Thrash guitar and as a musician I can tell u Megadeth over Metallica all day. As far as Kirk being better than Dave well that kinda ends this debate as it would be like trying to explain evolution to a creationinst, no point. Good Day Sir, I said Good Day.

#2476 4 years ago

I agree the mix on Justice, shit sandwich. But I liked all the songs pretty much. Well we will never fully agree and thats ok, now while a not a big Slipknot fan I'm really liking their new song with the almost Death Metal breakdown at the 3min mark.

#2477 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

First half of the album is great... and the accolades end there.

What about "Frayed ends of Sanity" and "Dyers Eve" ? no accolades ? Come on man.

266 posts in this topic match your search for posts by hazoff. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-about-metal/page/1?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.