Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dmarston
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chocky909.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I'm starting to think this guy is something very special. I know there aren't many other pinball sound guys around to compare to but I really think he is the best thing about Stern right now. Obviously Tron is impressive but some might say that is down to the Daft Punk source material. Well, I think Iron Man, Spider Man, Avatar, X-Men, Family Guy and Pirates Of The Caribbean all have similarly excellent sound packages. Not just the music but the SFX and the integration between them. I assume he's the main guy for the more recent titles like Avengers and AC/DC too although the design team aren't listed here but if they were his work then add them to the list.

I'm not sure who else is doing pinball sound right now apart from Chris Grannar who I rate for his past work but am unsure how he compares to Thiel currently. I'm not hugely in love with his post Williams work like Wizard Of Oz, Lord Of The Rings(!), Terminator 3 and Simpsons Pinball Party.

Anyway, I want to stay more positive and was wondering if anyone else is as impressed as I am with Thiel's output over the last few years. I think he deserves a much better sound system than the one Stern is currently showcasing his work with. I'd love to hear what he could do with a JJP setup.

Oh, this post was prompted by a video from PGJ they recently put up although I had been meaning to start a thread about him anyway. He seem like a cool guy.

#17 10 years ago

Interesting. I wonder why he is on his way out and who is there to replace him.

#19 10 years ago

So does anyone have any info on what Thiel's future at Stern is and if he didn't do Avengers who did?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chocky909.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-about-david-thiel?tu=chocky909 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.