image_7.jpg
image_6.jpg
image_5.jpg
image_4.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DMC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 8 years ago

Restored my coin door and spray painted it with a hammered finish. Looks good in the flesh. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I placed spots on the slings, behind the hat and on the ramp to light up the playfield. These are the only LEDs I use on the game. They make a big difference. They do ghost and strobe ever so slightly during fade effects, but it's totally worth it. I used the Comet Opmax bulbs. They are the best all round bulb I've found.

The games doesn't look this red in person.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

10 months later
#13 7 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

Though it's easy to drop $1,000+ into mods for Theatre of Magic and Twilight zone, PM isn't a mod-heavy game.
In fact, I think I've seen a single mod (enhancement) for PM. It was a female magician bust that someone found online and mounted atop a playfield plastic.
If you change rubbers, given that the flippers are strong and the game is fast, I highly recommend NOT to install Superband post sleeves.
LEDs
Can't do LEDs.... not yet.... not until Herg figures it out and offers an LED OCD product (this is work in process - thread here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leds-in-capcom-games).
Wireforms
When I take my game down for shopping, I'll most likely pull the wireforms out and send them off to Chestnut for some high-polish brass plating (they'll look like they were gold-plated). Not really a mod, but a nice touch that will make the game pop!
Protective Upgrades
Pinbits has some playfield plastic protectors for PM, but not a complete set. IN fact, I don't even think it is on their site. I've been trying to get Bryan Hansen, the game's original designer, to forward CAD files of the plastics so pinbits can make a 100% set. Otherwise, I'll take my plastics off when I shop the game and scan them to achieve the goal. Either way, you'll eventually be able to get a full set from Pinbits and that is important since you can't find most replacement plastics on the market. http://www.pinbits.com
Mantis makes a replacement lift plate for the 5-target bank. If you look at yours, it's Aluminum and probably pretty nearly worn through from making contact with the two stainless leveling screws beneath it. I had Kerry make me one out of Stainless, and that is what I'd recommend you purchase from him. http://www.mantisamusements.com/pmdrop5.htm
Finally, my buddy Robert just shipped off a spare NOS playfield to Cliff so he can template some protectors for the skill shot, shooter eject, and most importantly the genie bottle hole under the trunk on the left side. Stay tuned, as these should be coming soon.
Hope this helps
-Brian

Any developments on the PM Cliffy Protectors?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,100 (OBO)
$ 209.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DMC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-your-pinball-magic-mods?tu=DMC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.