Topic Stats

• 23,834 posts
  • 2,345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 1,121 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

adcc8631-0ad1-436f-bac6-b92e38c5e4b1 (resized).jpg
    cde76292-235b-4aeb-93ad-e03a4f86cf0e (resized).jpg
    396724a8-c984-4b78-823c-5182cb817327 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205403289 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205413200 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205452551 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205433432 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205443930 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205502934 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205514994 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205521414 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205546968 (resized).jpg
    20240421_204123 (resized).jpg
    20240421_210141 (resized).jpg
    dp8 (resized).jpg
    df18 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zebpin61.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18179 2 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

New pin room not looking so good right now...
    [quoted image]

So devastating. Your room just finished and looked so good! The storm water came so fast I'm impressed that you got your games elevated. Sorry for the temporary setback! Time for a scotch or something strong.

#18227 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gingerbloke:

Right - here’s mine right now… very messy after a kids party… I only have space for 3 pins so 2 are in the workshop.. ( I think I can squeeze another in) Pool is my 2nd love so I need that area free..
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

With all that Star Wars decoration I was worried until I saw the last picture of Star Trek Next Generation! Redemption! I'm an ancient Star Trek fan so what do you expect... Very nice entertainment/man-cave! Get the shoehorn to get those last two games in: Enjoy!

1 month later
    #18643 2 years ago

Some updated photos from a party last night. Still a lot to finish off in the main part of the basement, but figuring out what works and what doesn't with different layouts. We have a few more walls to knock down and add a bar.
    A work in progress...

Besides the neon, the fireplace really sets your place apart. Very nice!

2 months later
    #19042 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Finally got some games moved upstairs…lots of other signs/crap to get hung but it’s coming along.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Quite impressed, the thought of getting machines up a few flights of stairs is now out of the question for me! I shutter at the prospect when I'm pinned between the railing and wall with a 250lb game waiting for an inspirational push up!

#19062 2 years ago
    Quoted from cconway84:

Buy a 12k sq foot house in Aspen for 35.5 million and get the pinball gameroom included. But only a MMR classic BM66 and a WOZ.
    https://apple.news/A7oSXlytQTj6uWQKldwBgbg
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What? No SPOOKY games? cutting corners...

1 week later
    #19140 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballboy:

This is mine. It’s not much but it’s enough for me.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice to see so many Gottlieb games. Most of my earliest games were Gottlieb EM's - it's more fun to compete! Was a great company, great memories too! Enjoy!

3 weeks later
    #19403 2 years ago
    Quoted from ViperTim:

Rearranged a little bit in the garage. But still not satisfied.
    Oh well might be adding The Shadow to the line up soon so I’ll rearrange them by then.
    My wife is strong and only pin she had troubles with was Big Guns as the cabinet is quite low on it.
    [quoted image]

Solution - get rid of the car! Got to have priorities in order...

1 week later
    #19532 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bobster123:

Wow I see a lot of cool game rooms /man caves .Here is my setup still work in progress on the decorating.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Nice, elegant space. Certainly more room for pinball. Thought I saw Pickle Rick near the wet bar - didn't see RnM game: Did I miss that!? Great game!

3 months later
    #20139 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

Been at my place for many years, and never had a good room for Pinballs. Years of pleading with the wife and she relented and said I could remodel the walk-in closet the previous owner had built in our basement. So, this is now this...[quoted image][quoted image]

Damn! Some closet - it's bigger than my living room! Love the models mixed in with a nice pin collection!

1 week later
    #20183 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

The smoking section (garage) has a new lineup.

Dost mine eyes deceive me... is that a bottle of Glenmorangie set beside World Cup? Game rooms are where ever we have our games, and our libations!

#20186 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

No matter what position they are stored in.
    Oh and it’s Glenlivet 12[quoted image]

The Glenlivet is "forgivable" but those pins were made to be free (play) Never seems any of us can buy just one pin... Will you be able to have your collection all on display? Hope so!

1 month later
    #20399 1 year ago
    Quoted from JustLikeMe:

It's been a long time coming, but I can finally contribute to this thread. Moved earlier this year to a house which had an outbuilding that had previously been used as a workshop - wasn't much to look at, but it had three phase electric and running water at least:
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    I immediately saw the potential for a pin room - I'm just lucky my wife liked the house attached - and got to work on it a couple of months ago. Building work finished last week, and I moved the machines in this week. Incredibly happy with the outcome.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

While I love your collection - the building and its renovation is outstanding! Beautifully done. Congrats.

2 months later
    #20779 1 year ago
    Quoted from Xdetroit:

This was so many years in the making. I still have to add an outlet to hide the cord from the sign.

Hey, don't worry about the cord from the sign, your set up looks great! I'm totally OCD and that cord doesn't enter into my line of sight 2nd, 3rd or 50th. Looks fine!

3 weeks later
    #20886 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

How does everyone do their "order" of games? Age? Manufacturer? Theme?
    My main four are in the order I remembered / loved them as a kid... Getaway, Funhouse, Diner, Party Zone.

First, I organized by acquisition, then ceiling height.
    Second, I wanted a Spooky corner but ceiling height reared its ugly low head.
    Third, I wanted it by theme and/or energy level (player engagement) but ceiling height said no way.
    In the end, it's the ceiling headers that win out every time.
    I envy all of you who are free of ceiling constraints!

1 week later
    #20942 1 year ago

This forum has consistently been the most supportive and positive stream of all that I follow on Pinside. I've seen so many absolutely magnificent game rooms, 10+ on the 1-10 scale and just as many fun, aspirational single game set ups.

After attending my brother-in-law's super pinball bash birthday party (and securing 2 of 6 high-scores ), I was reminded how great a game room ultimately is defined, by the joy it brings and the people it binds together!

Hope all pinheads enjoy their game rooms with their besties, family and neighbors!

20221107_091917 (resized).jpg20221107_091917 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #21137 1 year ago
    Quoted from Davidus56:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very very impressive! Love the bowling mine... tough not having a hobby isn't it! Thanks for sharing your playground, awesome!

2 months later
    #21711 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Still a BIG time work in progress, art still to be put up, etc.[quoted image][quoted image]

Like your artisan towel covers, do the same on my games. Besides keeping the pf's protected from sunlight/uv rays, it also serves as a subtle way of presenting which games are available for others to play. And then there's the feeling of putting a bad pin to rest after a rather terrible set of games, or the deeply appreciated game after stellar play. You can probably guess which happens most often...

1 month later
    #21904 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

And I'm jealous that many homes in the Eastern half of this country have basements!!

Don't be too jealous, old houses (pre 1900) have lovely low ceilings: we were so much shorter back then apparently. An added bonus is the occasional flooding ...

3 weeks later
    #22074 11 months ago
    Quoted from ROMM:

Yeah, when I was 14 I also thought arcades were cool, too.

I honestly can't remember when I was 14... moving on.

2 weeks later
    #22150 11 months ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

Not very exciting but my summer game room is good to go. It’s for games that will never be worthy of making the real line up and that go in storage over the winter.

Summer game room.... I like it! In my entire life I've injured my back twice: the day I bought a 12ft shuffle bowling game and the day I sold it. You're a better man than me or at least stronger, if you're moving that beast twice a year. Enjoy!

3 weeks later
    #22273 10 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball1987:

No pins yet, looking for my first still but this is the future basement for them. Looking for rollercoaster tycoon, Jurassic park pro, Elvis, possibly tmnt , cactus canyon etc.
    [quoted image]

A blank canvas, will host many a pinball gathering. Beware, pins multiply rapidly!

1 month later
    #22493 9 months ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

A Nest is a fancy thermostat you hook up to your homes internet that can do some neat stuff. My wife can change the temperature of the house on her phone. We can set it up so that it maintains a certain temperature at home, but if we go further than X distance from the house, the AC/Heat turns off. It can also learn and predict your routines so that the system turns back on and works full blast for a while during the time you are traveling home. You can hook up extra thermometers throughout your house and set the control node to any of the thermometers.
    We have one on our network we set up ourselves. You can get a free one from the local utility, and even a discounted electricity rate if you sign up to allow the power company to be able to remotely turn off your system to save power on critical days. We did not opt into this system.

Installed 2 nest thermostats in our 1890 house and have enjoyed sizeable savings on both heating and cooling seasons. According to our utility provider, our usage is consistently in the top 10% of efficient homes. Works for us.

3 weeks later
    #22586 8 months ago
    Quoted from kimzone:

Welcome to kimzone christchurch New zealand
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your kimzone is crazy! Love the color, vibe, intensity. Big fan of art towel covers too. Very nice!

1 month later
    #22747 7 months ago
    Quoted from Wilmmr:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This game room is super organized, even my OCD self can't match that look. I also like the gloves: I've got two dedicated pair just for pinball as there have been times both hands get deep muscle bruises. Ah, but I still don't tilt, just cripple my hands!

#22749 7 months ago
    Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

im new to pinball and ive been to a few tournaments locally.
    i cant wrap my hand around dudes that get into boxing matches w the machines.
    i get nudges but christ!

Remember, I'm not punching the game, I'm just giving it serious "loving". I'm no boxer, my knuckles are bruised because they drag on the floor - it's the pads below my thumbs that are black and blue....

#22752 7 months ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Every nudge that saves a ball is the same as an extra ball. Fortunately, every owner can adjust the tilt bob to suit the style they choose.

Well said and true. My private collection has very lenient tilt bobs. One or two games may even still have the "bob" in the bag...

2 weeks later
    #22837 6 months ago
    Quoted from Kolk1:

The local place Atomic that just reopened at a new location, they have playfields between the urinals. LOL
    [quoted image]

Kinda sacrilegious, also prompted me to wonder if someone might be tempted to use any of the pf cutouts...

2 weeks later
    #22892 6 months ago
    Quoted from Anony:

The way I managed to fit Tee'd off and Class of 1812 into my low ceiling room is by drilling a new hole in each leg. I use the stock lower hole as the top hole and drill a new one below it. It saves around 3.5 inches.

Great idea! I wish I had thought of that for my 1890 old house basement... sure, I'm lucky not to have a dirt floor but having the cement floor has only made the ceiling joists that much "lower". I bought a new set of 4 plain legs and had a friend cut out 4" and reweld the part back together to fit my A13. On the bright side, I finally feel tall! Forget about toppers: They're either installed off to the side of a game or not installed at all.

1 week later
    #22943 5 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

How many sq/m?

Just looking at the 4x8 sheets of sheetrock it's at least 3000 sqft. Looks like an old supermarket site. Pinball palace it shall be!

1 month later
    #23227 4 months ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Thanks. It's not the first time it had happened, but is the first time because of sump failure. The other two times were instances where it just couldn't keep up with the amount of water we got. In those instances we had like 4 inches of rain in 2 hours.
    It is what it is and it's all part of owning a house and having a basement. Sometimes they're great. Other times, not so much. LOL
    in the end it's just "stuff" and if needed can be replaced.
    Chris

You really do have a great attitude. Also very sorry to see your beautiful game room go aquatic. Growing up in a flood prone home I learned that sump pumps can "appear" to fail if not operated for a long time, only to start if tapping/banging on the discharge piping (not too hard of course). Ideally, all of us with sump pumps should test trigger the pump quarterly to keep it operative. Easier said than done I know.

1 month later
    #23544 86 days ago

But I'm worried...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zebpin61.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=zebpin61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.