Topic Stats

• 23,818 posts
  • 2,344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by YippieKiYay
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_232536 (resized).jpg
    20240423_230401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zartan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18709 2 years ago

Still needs to be finished and a few more machines but I’m pretty happy so far!

4DC39383-EDB2-439E-83B1-396EA28262F3 (resized).jpeg4DC39383-EDB2-439E-83B1-396EA28262F3 (resized).jpeg99843F0B-73AE-4185-BD77-5AC74191AB04 (resized).jpeg99843F0B-73AE-4185-BD77-5AC74191AB04 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #18720 2 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh man break the rack on the other end of the table, I've done breaks where the Q has gone flying and it would have taken out a game glass a few times.

I wasn’t thinking about that! Thank you!

#18723 2 years ago
    Quoted from 72Devilz:

My parents have that exact same pool table with the exception of the lower legs! If our pool table could talk about some of the parties it has seen through the 70's and 80's......

One of my fears is my kids having a party here! Lol!

2 weeks later
    #18832 2 years ago

Wow that is absolutely amazing!

Quoted from ykcor1138:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#18856 2 years ago
    Quoted from moat-pin:

I desperately need more space. This thread makes me think 50% of people have 100-200% more pins than I.

I agree. I see all these pinball rooms full of dream machines. My problem is I have the room! Not the pinball machines! Lol!

#18867 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lawnboy:

It's been a while since I added some new pics after some changes. Here you go. They are not all in the gameroom and the wife is ok with a couple in the bar and family room
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"57cae8d659ea33d110f67cb593e116eab0e4e92e-1638755622-1800"};
    //]]>

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Paradise!

1 week later
    #18910 2 years ago
    Quoted from mmuglia:

I sold a few games this year and picked up a GnR LE yesterday. I also added the RFM and SWE1 last month. The GnR topper and under cabinet lighting should be here this week.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome Collection! Congratulations!

#18939 2 years ago

That is absolutely amazing!

Quoted from Bos98:

A little Game Room update. Sold some and picked up a couple of new games and then felt compelled to rearrange most of the lineup. Then we had a good 2 hours of 4 player family fun tonight!

#18971 2 years ago
    Quoted from CypherPinball:

Lurk in this thread enough, figured I'd post finally. First pin was TMNT NIB last August.
    [quoted image]

Very nice room! Superman is a great game!

#18978 2 years ago

They really become addictive! This hobby is absolutely amazing!

Quoted from CypherPinball:

We got the Kiss I think just before things started getting crazy out of hand. And yeah 13 ball on Apollo is crazy. And like everyone says, really is like a 5 ball once things settle down. And I'm a huge superman fan so I had to track one down. It was always a dream to have 1 pinball machine. Crazy to think we have a "lineup" now. We are stopping at 5 now though.

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Now that I have been around a while I have learned that many “dream” about having 1 pinball machine, but in “reality” they will have more than 1.

2 weeks later
    #19081 2 years ago

Wow! That’s an amazing collection!

Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Garage room!

1 week later
    #19131 2 years ago

Very nice!

Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Been lurking for a while now and decided it’s time to reveal my obsession/addiction/insanity. Here’s my man cave. It has been evolving into what you see since mid 2008. It was a childhood dream to own a pinball machine and when I finally had my own house with a big basement I had to have *one* pin. I was warned that pinball is an addiction… you will almost certainly never have just one. Fast forward 13 years and I’m up to 8 pins (10 if you include the heavily modded Zizzle’s, plus a Black Knight and Blackout being baby sat at a friend’s house since I’m out of space).
    I always loved model trains almost as much as pinball and always envisioned a train running through my game room. My 2020 covid lockdown project was to finally build my model train setup. Around my bar area I have a 30-foot rectangular N-scale model running along the ceiling. Along the rest of the majority of the basement/gameroom I have a 110-foot loop HO-scale model running along the ceiling. Plus a sh*t ton of micro arcades and vintage/handhelds. A wet bar, pachislo (with slot mod), and popcorn machine to finish the deal. And yes, RC is a hobby too haha.
    As you can see in some of the pics parenthood took over some of my cave, but the kiddos like pinball and love playing in the cave so it’s all good! Enjoy the pics! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#19136 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

Very cool, the pegboard is an interesting idea, I'd have to resist the urge to draw lines around everything like an old man's tool shed
    B

Lol! I was thinking the same!

2 weeks later
    #19302 2 years ago

Wow! That’s AWESOME!

Quoted from Aladdin:Question for the group:
    Do I need to do anything special to transport a neon sign in my car for a short trip?
    I was thinking about setting it on top of styrofoam in the car?
    I’m picking this up for my Gameroom.
    Thanks![quoted image]

#19361 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

It’s rare for collectors to sell, trade or add pins to their collections. Once you are satisfied, that’s usually how it stays.

I wish you were more satisfied with your Spider-Man VE until I was ready to buy!

#19365 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mikespinball:

A pinball buddy came over last night and helped assemble the machines. Got all of them set up, now just got to tweet them a bit for positions.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

1 week later
    #19421 2 years ago
    Quoted from locksmith:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Pacu. What size tank is that?

#19425 2 years ago

Nice! I only have a 50 breeder tank.

#19542 2 years ago

Lmao!

Quoted from Pinkitten:

You know how it is with chairs. “I’m only getting one, I’m satisfied with that.” One becomes two. If you have two, you might as well get three. Before you know it you’re into theatre seating, bar stools, ottomans, recliners, mods, powder coated chairs and $2k chair toppers.

#19549 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Well you know most on pinside barely play their games at all. Hence why we have so many games that are years old with only 300 games on them.

Not being rude just questioning but why have them? If you aren’t going to play like crazy? Wouldn’t it be cheaper and easier to just go to an arcade? I play mine every weekend after cleaning the house or finishing my “honey-do-list”! I think I played 100 games last night with the kids!

#19555 2 years ago

That kind of makes sense.

#19599 2 years ago

Looks like a church or a barn turned into a home. Pretty cool!

1 week later
    #19714 2 years ago

That’s my dream theatre! Amazing house!

Quoted from fooflighter:

Moved some pins to son's old room, awaiting Godzilla so will have to adjust soon and can fit 2 more in there, JP and GnR running solo. After GZ comes, I have room for 3 more and then at max capacity. Threw the theater in for XBOX etc gaming...Have to be selective going forward as all of these are keepers for me right now, unless I pull the theater back row and make room for 3 in there lol...I think the wife would strangle me at that point[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#19731 2 years ago

Congratulations! It is a great situation to be able to stay in your family home!

Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:Soon to be my game room space. Pinbot head under the window for scale.
    [quoted image]
    This was my grandparents' house, grandpa moved into a home recently and agreed to sell off the house at the insistence of at least one of his children. This broke my mom's heart, because not only was she tasked with contacting a realtor, he built the house himself in the 1950s for not just his family but his decades-long photography studio business. It's also far nicer, in many different ways, than the house I've been living in for the past year and a half. Also, the amount of money he wanted for it just happens to be about the same as the current market value of mine, somehow.
    The same day my mother sent the preliminary email to our local realtor, I made a huge decision, and I called her up and derailed the plan. The realtor is now working on selling MY current house - deal is basically closed at this point - and my girlfriend and I have been spending evenings packing things up. She was hesitant about the idea of moving at first, but between seeing everything in person and being told the personal history of the house, had a pretty quick change of mind.
    Now that the back story is out of the way, here's the more relevant info. The room pictured here was the actual photography stage, full of individually controllable lights and a whole row of switched outlets. For the last 25-30 years, though, it has been a computer room, with a wraparound countertop on the two opposite walls. Some of the computer space will stay as it is, but I will leave a large spread-out section of desktop free to do assembly and board work.
    The windows can be covered up for UV safety, the bookshelves are headed for the other half of the basement where Matti gets her library room, and the file cabinets (personal documents plus game manuals) will go where the green cabinet is currently placed on the left. That empty space will comfortably fit five games, with our Night Moves cocktail table fitting between the desktop and the door. Once the glass-top desk is relocated, there will be enough floor space not only to play the games, but to set out a playfield rotisserie if needed. Technically, I could leave out the file cabinets and fit six standard games on that main wall, but one of those games is the homebrew-in-progress Volcano Blast, and I need plenty of space to fit around it and work on it.
    I will definitely post another photo once everything is in place!

#19759 2 years ago

That’s pretty great! Who doesn’t want a hidden room?!

Quoted from erak:Well finally got my stairs finished. Almost completely done the addition and new game room.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#19766 2 years ago

Wow! Very nice set up!

Quoted from erak:I have flush mount, warm flat led lights on dimmers. While playing I shut off the ones on the outside edges of the room. Then put the center room lights on the dimest. I would just never put a light directly over a machines glass. The light over the heads in the pic makes tons of glare. I use it more for working on them or cleaning.[quoted image][quoted image]

#19782 2 years ago
    Quoted from locksmith:

My wife’s favorite game

I’ve never seen that! I want one now!

#19792 2 years ago

That’s awesome!

#19798 2 years ago

Very nice game room!

Quoted from cysnake:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#19804 2 years ago

I had a star named after my girlfriend (not together anymore)when the paperwork came in it was two sided I bought a frame from Michael’s for a poster. It is plastic but nice. If I were still with her I’d send some pictures. I think Spencer’s has them as well.

Quoted from JStoltz:Anybody have examples on how you've displayed the promo fliers for your pinball machines?
    I've been making sure to grab two copies (to be able to display front and back) for each machine I buy, but haven't come up with a clever way to display them yet. I've got 4 machines, so I thought about having them framed/matted in a 2x4 grid and hung up somewhere near the machines... But then I thought nah, maybe just individual 8.5x11 frames so I have more options on where to put them.
    Just curious to see what others have done with their fliers. Thanks!

#19807 2 years ago

I LOVE the 60’s 70’s original look like that! I would have kept mine that way but we had a flood and destroyed the basement! Very nice collection!

Quoted from Mahoyvan:It's been a long time coming, but I finally feel like room is in an acceptable state!
    Bought the house in 2018 and had this to work with:
    [quoted image]
    After a little Photoshopping, I had a rough idea of what direction I wanted to go:
    [quoted image]
    So hard to see everyone's killer game rooms day after day for months - YEARS on end when the reality of mine was always under construction:
    [quoted image]
    Finally got my ass in gear and did the flooring, finished the walls, swapped out the lights, put up corrugated steel for the wainscoting, and a rough cut cedar drink ledge. Dropped in a new 40A circuit for the games and picked up a couple new titles along the way.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Room for 1 more game comfortably on the long wall or 2 with a little wiggle room.
    Opposite side, short wall can fit another 3-4 down the road!
    Feels good to officially join the game room club!

3 weeks later
    #19922 2 years ago

Lol! That is one of the biggest issues with Pinside! I keep finding really cool things!

Quoted from ExSquid:Where did you get your scrolling ticker from above the Tv's? Love the setup.

#19932 1 year ago

Wow! Congratulations!

Quoted from jorge5240:Finally got my snowboard game inside and built.

1 week later
    #19980 1 year ago

Love that frogger!

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:Sometimes I rearrange just for fun. [quoted image][quoted image]

2 weeks later
    #20046 1 year ago

Get a bunch of Roomba’s some cardboard and paint, and you have droids running around your basement Death Star!

1 week later
    #20124 1 year ago

We will eventually be the northern states of United States of America! We basically are now!

1 week later
    #20184 1 year ago

I like that you put the walking dead in the smoking room!

Quoted from EJS:The smoking section (garage) has a new lineup.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

2 weeks later
    #20281 1 year ago

WOW! That’s pretty awesome!

Quoted from jrockne:Finally got around to hiding the ceiling joist in my gameroom entrance project… (project hide the utilitie room ). Also added a couple props. Still more tinkering. But I like the way the ceiling turned out!
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

3 weeks later
    #20402 1 year ago

Absolutely amazing! Congratulations!

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

It's been a long time coming, but I can finally contribute to this thread. Moved earlier this year to a house which had an outbuilding that had previously been used as a workshop - wasn't much to look at, but it had three phase electric and running water at least:
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    I immediately saw the potential for a pin room - I'm just lucky my wife liked the house attached - and got to work on it a couple of months ago. Building work finished last week, and I moved the machines in this week. Incredibly happy with the outcome.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

#20414 1 year ago

Fix it Felix! Is it original?! Where did you find one?! I have to get one! I’m going to have to hide these pictures from the better half! When she sees the floor I will be forced into the same thing! Lol

Quoted from Rscontrino:

Here is my Humble game room =)
    I converted 2/3 of my garage to a game room/ theater room with 120 inch Short throw laser projector.[quoted image][quoted image]

#20416 1 year ago

Congratulations! I would kill to have one! I thought about doing what you did but plans never came together.

Quoted from Rscontrino:Disney made about 20 of them for promotion and the parks, they also gave a few away for a contest. They show up on eBay every once in a while but for ridiculous amounts of money. They made them out of Donkey Kong cabinets.
    This is a replica that I put together, but I bought the artwork off someone who scanned the original so it’s very accurate. It also has the original Fix it Felix application that Disney used.
    It was a fun project finding the cabinet, applying the artwork, wiring up my control panel Jamma to PC, finding a graphics card that would out put to a super low resolution to a CRT etc [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#20421 1 year ago

Looks amazing! I need to work where you work so I can get a few more pins!which coleco tabletop is that?

Quoted from Malenko:

sitting in an unfinished basement for now, I have to finish up the master bathroom/closet reno before I can start doing anything down there
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    I need to work where ever you guys work so I can afford game rooms like those
    (My daughter also plays down there hence the panda mat and stuff)

#20423 1 year ago

Lol! I miss when mine were babies! They don’t really grow out of breaking your stuff my oldest is 15 and left a popsicle on the couch only to sit in it an hour later! Everything I want to keep still sits in my bedroom closet!

Quoted from Malenko:

The one on the shelf is a Ms.Pacman , I also have scramble , a sears driving , and a few others. They are still neat to this day, but I'm apprehensive about letting my 2yr old play with them. I have more vids behind the shelf and furnace and she loves smashing the buttons on them

#20426 1 year ago

Lmfao! I’m definitely stealing that one!!!

#20427 1 year ago

Yes! Sounds like my house for sure! I haven’t had anything break in the game area yet… hopefully nothing will happen! However, I’m scared of the day I go on vacation and come back to the aftermath of a party.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:LOL no doubt about that. I built my kid a 15x15 space in our basement so he can practice hockey and occasionally soccer. It’s double-netted and has walls for goals. Anyway, he is supposed to drop the nets when he’s down there - the space is right next to the game room.
    I’m down in the game room yesterday and a soccer ball comes flying through the “goal” and I hear something hit the floor. He’s kicked the ball RIGHT through the space - nets not dropped, and cleaves off the key to my EHOH. The head is on the floor, the rest of the key STILL in the lock. Ay ay ay

#20441 1 year ago

Looks like epoxy.

Quoted from jubjub:

How do you like the polished concrete as floors in CO? Just thinking about options for when we finish our basement.

#20445 1 year ago

First time I’ve heard of that! I was originally going to get epoxy in my ”gym” once I fined but I truly like the idea of quick dry and the fact that you can drag things across it!

Quoted from ramegoom:

Actually it's polyaspartic. Starts with a base "binder" coat, then the 2-part Polyaspartic material goes over it. Also, there's about 200 lbs. of aluminum flakes added to that mix to give it the silver appearance.
    They trowel it on, exposing some of the black base coat, then spritz it with acetone in places to cause the "cloud" swirl appearance.
    Very cool floor, heavy duty, can withstand heavy machines dragged across it. Better choice than epoxy since it cures fast and I didn't have to abandon the house for days - very low odor when it's curing.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

#20446 1 year ago

Looks great! I’m a “do-it-yourself” kind of guy as well. I’m not going to do that kind of work! I would like to think I would but I tend to leave the “finish” for a professional! That way I don’t see all of my mistakes! Lol

Quoted from John_C:Hope you don't mind me jumping in. I'm in Colorado Springs and in the process of finishing my basement. One of the biggest questions I had was how I was going to finish the floor. I researched carpeting options, LVP, epoxy, etc. In the end I felt all those options were too expensive for a basement (I'm a cheapskate) so I decided on doing it myself using a blend of two acid stain colors followed by a couple of coats of acrylic sealer. It took an incredible amount of back-breaking labor but the results were worth it to me. I think it looks bitchin'. Total cost was about $600 in materials.
    [quoted image]

#20452 1 year ago

That’s what you say now!!! Wait until you are paying the lawyers bill!!! He will have pins long before you do!!! Lol

Quoted from kool1:If I got divorced my entire basement would be pins. Definitely wouldn't be horrible

2 weeks later
    #20504 1 year ago

Wow! Very nice!

Quoted from mmuglia:A couple of updates to the gameroom.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

2 weeks later
    #20610 1 year ago

The whole place is awesome! Congratulations!

2 weeks later
    #20693 1 year ago

I think you meant! I understand the confusion!

Quoted from kool1:YES!
    [quoted image]

5A434A31-262F-4A5E-8471-01FC1FB08F47 (resized).png5A434A31-262F-4A5E-8471-01FC1FB08F47 (resized).png
    1 month later
    #20860 1 year ago

I agree! Looks pretty cool!

Quoted from kool1:

What is this Treehouse Club game? wow.

1 week later
    #20901 1 year ago

I put them where they fit mainly. I like having the 2 newer machines in the centre of the the line up. Just because most people like the look of them the most.

Quoted from AlexRogan84:

How does everyone do their "order" of games? Age? Manufacturer? Theme?
    My main four are in the order I remembered / loved them as a kid... Getaway, Funhouse, Diner, Party Zone.

#20904 1 year ago

There is a really cool one a couple of pages back! I’m not great at art but would love to do what he did.

Quoted from PinPickle:Has anyone done a cool painters tape wall design, graffiti work, or blacklight paint in their arcade?
    There's 207 pages of images and I got through 30 and decided to ask year.
    Looking for some inspiration.

#20907 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Here's one that's pretty sweet. Can't remember who's it was. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

YES!!! That is the one I was talking about! Great all the way around!

#20908 1 year ago

I don’t remember seeing this one. I probably did and just forget but it’s pretty awesome as well!

Quoted from dirkdiggler:Also this breakout inspired paint job was awesome as well
    [quoted image]

#20913 1 year ago

Wow! Yes! Absolutely great ideas in there!

Quoted from Viggin900:Please check out my gameroom photos in my profile for more blacklight arcade ideas.[quoted image]

#20936 1 year ago

Lmfao!

Quoted from Roostking:This quote needs added to the "You know your getting old" thread lol.

3 weeks later
    #21043 1 year ago

I don’t know the home use only matters at all. There is really never any proof of HUO unless you can show video of it sitting in your basement since you got it.

Quoted from rollinover:I always thought it wise to fold or cut down the box and save it in case a future owner would want it. Plus it backs up the home use only claim

#21054 1 year ago

Lol! In grade school two of us had desks in the hallway! We were allowed to start the day in class. We were kicked out to our hallway desks pretty quickly. In highschool I spent most days in the vice principal’s classroom on in school suspension. Same guy was in the classroom with me. Not really something to be proud of but it made me who I am.

Quoted from punkin:Ahh, so that's what classrooms look like inside.
    I always had to stand in the hall or outside the principals office.

2 weeks later
    #21248 1 year ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just missing a Shadow and I'll be done

I think I just saw one recently on Kijiji Ontario

#21313 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gumby510:

Side shot of the pins I have the other side of the room is all arcades.

Let’s see the arcades as well!

#21319 1 year ago

Wow! Nice collection! Your games look like they are in mint condition! I’ve been trying to find a Paperboy for a couple of years now!

Quoted from Gumby510:Ok here is my channel where I do crappy videos haha

#21328 1 year ago

She is so cute! I miss my daughter talking to me like that!

2 weeks later
    #21422 1 year ago

USA and Canada really are so behind the rest of the world when it comes to technology and certain building codes. It’s unfortunate we don’t have more architects and engineers that travel just to see what can be done.

#21425 1 year ago

That Skateboard light is absolutely genius!

#21428 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

I saw Jeff Miller PinballPimp had the same thing in his garage. They are cool.

I’m going to look into it! Absolutely awesome room on top of the light but it really grabs your attention!

#21434 1 year ago

Did you attach to the ceiling or did you attach an electrical box.

Quoted from I-Closed-Wolskis:

Skate board overhead lights are pretty easy to make. I got porcelain double lamp sockets for 13 bucks on Amazon, just drill a hole in the deck at each end and drop the sockets in and wire up

1 week later
    #21478 1 year ago

Looks awesome!

Quoted from ExSquid:

Put some LEDs behind my Galaga. Kinda cool I guess?
    [quoted image]

Quoted from ExSquid:

Put some LEDs behind my Galaga. Kinda cool I guess?
    [quoted image]

2 weeks later
    #21588 1 year ago

Great job!

#21624 1 year ago

Z

#21626 1 year ago

Wow! That is quite the collection of great collections!!!

#21640 1 year ago

You have to show us the Lego collection now! That is pretty awesome!

Quoted from drwicket:I love the mini figs! Did something similar in my basement.

#21648 1 year ago

I was today years old when I found out there aren’t basements in Florida! I grew up with basements in Windsor, it’s where we hung out. Most of the time we weren’t allowed upstairs, hardly any of them were finished. There was a Rug, TV, Atari/Nintendo, an old worn out couch and chair, and maybe an old coffee table.

Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:I've said this before, us Florida guys are super jealous of your basements!

#21651 1 year ago

I couldn’t feel safe without a basement. We spend most of our time down there, especially during a big storm. I have a small generator in the garage to give us backup power if a big storm hits. You guys are a tropical climate. Where do you hide out in a big storm?

Quoted from punkin:

There aren't any basements at all in Australia.

#21653 1 year ago

I was talking about the Florida post as well. It’s where your comment about not having a basement came from. It’s not 1974 anymore we use Google maps! Grab another Brownie!

Quoted from punkin:

Tropical climate?
    Really?
    United States of America is a tropical climate too then.
    Have a bit of a look at an atlas or a globe or something.
    The answer to the storm question is that we build our houses strong enough to withstand them, since xmas 74 anyway.

#21654 1 year ago

I guess my mistake was thinking that I double quoted and didn’t.

#21656 1 year ago

You even quoted what I said but didn’t comprehend it. No, disparagement here just a statement!

#21657 1 year ago

I tried to move to the Gold Coast to work at one of the Casinos. I thought since we are both part of the Commonwealth I would have a chance. They have too many Croupier. A guy I learned Craps with was from there and moving home. We were going to SCUBA in the day and deal at night.

#21673 1 year ago

Z

1 month later
    #21831 1 year ago

They look like they come from Sideshow Collectibles.

Quoted from radium:Wow.
    What are those ceramic mugs? Those are killer.

#21848 1 year ago

It looks awesome! I think you could probably replicate it! Cost way less than $5200

#21856 1 year ago

Haha! I have my cocktail Millipede as an end table next to the couch!

Quoted from ExSquid:Nah looks cool to me! That PONG table would be awesome too! If you guys have that by a couch where do you hide the wire? Under a throw rug or something ? Or you don’t care about the wire at all?

1 week later
    #21907 1 year ago

Hahaha! So true!

Quoted from zebpin61:Don't be too jealous, old houses (pre 1900) have lovely low ceilings: we were so much shorter back then apparently. An added bonus is the occasional flooding ...

4 weeks later
    #22128 11 months ago

Wow! That’s pretty impressive!

Quoted from DanQverymuch:Decades in the making, I finally hung some shelves that can accommodate my extensive, mostly VFD handheld/tabletop electronic game collection. Now I can honestly say my gameroom features well over 100 individual games!
    [quoted image]

3 weeks later
    #22222 10 months ago

I concur!

Quoted from John-Floyd:Yep they still make it! My favorite is still the original Coca Cola though…

#22229 10 months ago

I love the BTTF dashboard! You need to get some original stadium seats in your Baseball corner!

Quoted from Scotty_K:Pics of my updated little gameroom; TZ out, GZPre, AlienLV and TBL in:
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#22262 10 months ago

I used brick as an accent wall in my basement the brick cost $1000 CAD they are almost the same thickness as a tile. The pointing was the most difficult part.

Quoted from Waldo:How was working with that Lowes Brick product? Considering the same stuff or Home Depot’s version.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #22278 10 months ago

I think it would look great with moulding! I still have quite a bit of work left down there.

Quoted from ExSquid:Nice man! Looks sharp! That's exactly what the wife and I did on 2 opposite sides of the basement to accent everything.
    We are still debating putting molding up on the top or not. Like a thin white.

#22293 10 months ago

Silverball is to me probably the best looking game made.

Quoted from polishedball:The current lineup. Pulled out the Vpin and put in a Silverball Mania I just completed a playfield swap and restore on. Will upgrade to the 2.0 code once it comes back online. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#22327 10 months ago

Still love that bar!

Quoted from I-Closed-Wolskis:Finished the bar display in my basement
    [quoted image]

#22363 9 months ago

Yes, but that would take away from her sandwich making time!

Quoted from Bundy:With that logic you can tell her to sell the dishwasher since she doesn´t use it every day anyway

#22373 9 months ago

I only have a few games but Yes, I get “you should buy (xx)!” I usually say “why don’t you start a collection.” They will always have the same response of “my wife won’t let me!’

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Another random question.............
    Whenever we have people over we usually end up in the gameroom at some point. There are 17 games to choose from including pinball and arcade, plus a pool table. INEVITABLY someone will always say "Why don't you get (insert game name here)?
    Does anyone else get this? Just curious.
    Chris

1 week later
    #22434 9 months ago

That’s awesome! Congratulations!

Quoted from stompeN:Gameroom started out with a ton of arcade1ups and a modded out legends virtual pinball machine. I noticed I was enjoying the pinball way more than all my arcade machines. The replay on it was so much better. I fell in love with the VPX Iron Maiden table and searched out the real thing. I realized quickly the digital was no longer going to be enough for me and started clearing out my 1ups and my VPIN table. About 9 months later I have 4 real pins. The addiction is real !

1 month later
    #22656 7 months ago

Agreed!

Quoted from Pinkitten:Adjacent to mine…wouldn’t this movie make a viable horror pinball title??? I can see lots of content possibilities…interview with Mr. Ullman; Danny Explores The Overlook/The Twins; The Maze; Room 237; The Gold Room/Lloyd the Bartender; Delbert Grady; Here’s Johnny!

#22662 7 months ago

It’s an awesome set up!

Quoted from ClarkGriswold:It's been a couple of years since I posted my garage game room setup. Lots of changes - I put up foam board insulation on the walls/ceiling so my air conditioner would actually work when it's 100 degrees outside in the summer. Added in a couple of TVs so I can play vintage video games (I currently have a Colecovision, Intellivision, Atari 2600, NES, Super NES, Sega Genesis, N64 and some older 64 bit computers hooked up). My pinball line up works for me, but not nearly as nice as some other collections in this envy inducing thread. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
    #22725 7 months ago

It suits your game garage! My son was given the licence plate from Adam Sandlers car in “Pixels” when I bought my “Asteroids” cocktail not lucky enough to get a signature though.

Quoted from Pinkitten:My father-in-law helped me finish the garage gameroom ceiling, and gave me an autographed Friday the 13th license plate for the wall! (Ari Lehman, the first Jason)

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #22731 7 months ago

Plenty of outlets for neon signs!

1 week later
    #22812 7 months ago

Very impressive! Great job!

Quoted from mbaumle:

Still very much a work in progress, but I’m really happy with the progress I’ve made! (I still have 2 more games to set up and decorate) I bought a new-to-me house with a big unfinished basement. I can’t thank my father enough for his invaluable help!
    Before:
    [quoted image]
    After:
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

1 month later
    #22959 5 months ago

The pinball guy is absolutely awesome!

Quoted from oldskool1969:

living room ha ha [quoted image]

IMG_6975 (resized).pngIMG_6975 (resized).png
    1 week later
    #22986 5 months ago

#23011 5 months ago

Wow! Very nice! New definition of get in where you fit in!

Quoted from Jordan23945:

Changed quite a bit recently, but good enough...
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

4 weeks later
    #23136 4 months ago

Pretty cool chainmail do you do medieval battles? It was pretty popular here for a while!

Quoted from BorgDog:

Game room #1: Lower level in the split level house, featuring the all Star lineup.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Game room #2: Basement level.
    The hero lineup.
    [quoted image]
    The Bally and pool theme row.
    [quoted image]
    Game room #3: basement level also, behind the wall with Fathom et al.
    Sinbad in parts, waiting for playfield to cure.
    [quoted image]

1 week later
    #23219 4 months ago

So sorry!

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:Current gameroom state after 4 inches of rain and the sump pump deciding to fail. As a friend stated : Basements are great……until they’re not. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

3 weeks later
    #23468 3 months ago

I have the same juke box that you do. Can find a decent Bluetooth speaker to use in it.

Quoted from PeterG:Small adjustments to the gameroom for 2024. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#23482 3 months ago

It doesn’t ship to Canada.

Quoted from Pinkitten:I bought one of these from a Pinsider for our basement game room half bath. Works great! I should post it in the Junkyard, Austin Powers or South Park threads.
    [quoted image]

#23500 3 months ago

The chrome BMX is pretty awesome!

Quoted from allsportdvd:It’s insulated and has 4 ceiling fans because it’s over 90 degrees here a few times a week. The insulation does help as the cost of air conditioning would be really high
    I’ve been able to upload a short video walkthrough, not as good as some I’ve seen here as I’m no video expert lol

1 month later
    #23596 62 days ago

I used zero clearance drop ceiling. The tracks attach to the joists, then you slide the tiles in. Takes regular size tiles. It’s already come in handy a few times.

Quoted from The_Pump_House:Been rehabbing my whole house but worked on the arcade room the last month or so. Took me a while to decide how I was going to maintain some partial access to the joist space and ultimately settled on drop soffits.
    [quoted image]

1 month later
    #23756 24 days ago

I’d love to get my hands on a Robotron!

Quoted from sunnRAT:Had one years ago but just gave way to more pinball. Cool game.[quoted image]

#23773 21 days ago

That’s an AWESOME idea! Can’t wait to see the finished project!

Quoted from pinballslave:Finally my pinball playfield ceiling is starting to come together... 3 playfields up there so far (you can just see them on the first pic on the right)... only 95 to go

#23776 21 days ago

I think it would run led light strips behind them. I don’t know if they would be strong enough to light the inserts. Maybe a black light strip along the sides of the room?

Quoted from pinballslave:Me neither, of course. Very curious to see if I manage to get the light bouncing around enough up there so that the playfields with no direct light behind them will be almost as well lit as those with lights directly behind... I was going to put baking foil on the back of each playfield (that's on the 3 already up there) with appropriate holes for the lenses and other small openings, like slots for switch wires, but I think I'll abandon that idea as being too much work and instead paint the backs gloss white...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zartan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=zartan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.