Topic Stats

• 13,585 posts
  • 1,687 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 709 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,086 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190719_170019 (resized).jpg
    20190719_165548 (resized).jpg
    20190719_165536 (resized).jpg
    20190719_165515 (resized).jpg
    C4AEE3CF-B7F7-460B-B0BA-1D6CD1C86548 (resized).jpeg
    40F01DCE-FC66-4E50-9AB6-74D570728B43 (resized).jpeg
    A57AF94C-1C4C-4E90-8F4A-0930E5176983 (resized).jpeg
    C756380E-285E-4B9B-A402-28B19C6DA5B0 (resized).jpeg
    632F986A-6232-4D37-9764-A1D80469515E (resized).jpeg
    E36F3F14-DD7A-4FA0-804C-F54183E9133A (resized).jpeg
    3737DDD6-A0BB-4DFB-95CE-A4CF8A286C83 (resized).jpeg
    27956F41-A3A4-4577-A6F5-81E1A6BA276C (resized).jpeg
    C1288239-250C-40B3-AC5F-B9DAC6F52B03 (resized).jpeg
    2E302586-A7F9-45B3-B1C9-0C06EE0E3752 (resized).jpeg
    2CDEBAB7-BF78-4AE6-A03B-2F364CA7C56B (resized).jpeg
    D7684E86-01B0-4157-A4D9-4A705F0EB8B9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5865 3 years ago
    Quoted from saucerman:

Okay not really a true pinball game room...only one pin...I guess I spend too much on scotch....the bar does have it's own website though http://www.theapothecarypub.com

bar_website_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #6014 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

If i could only have 4 pins those would be my choices!!!!!

Wow, "only 4 pins" but I agree, having those 4 is pretty darn awesome. A+

1 month later
    #6264 3 years ago

That thing is awesome.

dos_equis_terminator_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #6333 3 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

After having a couple of months under my belt of room usage, and moving a few machines around, I have the following observations:

4. I didn't finish the ceiling and am forever glad that I didn't. I have since put extra electrical outlets in various places to accommodate string LED lighting along the entire perimeter of the walls and those outlets, placed strategically, made life simple. Since I blacked out the ceiling, a quick flat black rattle-can touch up for electrical outlets and wiring, and you'd never notice them. I put the Ebay LED string lights up using those 16 color controllers, linked each power outlet with remote outlet controls from Amazon, and have currently settled on the lowest intensity blue lights all around. Way cool.

I really like that look you have going in the ceiling. It is cool-looking and then it has all the practical advantages that you have exploited. Also, while I probably would go with all black as well, you could keep that style but use different colors up there for visual interest, for example painting some pipes different colors.

4 weeks later
    #6465 3 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

Putting these in my game room...plastic Tyson Squares! I'm doing them in 8" x 8" and 12" x 12" versions, they should look very cool on game room walls...

I do like them also. What are these exactly and where do you get them? I tried some Google on "plastic tyson squares" and didn't see anything like that. Can they be made with custom graphics?

1 week later
    #6520 3 years ago

ya know...you plan for everything, then you think you have it all figured out what you need to get. Even the crazy stuff, like this full-size Terminator robot. Obviously, you will need this with your pinballs.

terminator_robot_pinball_(resized).jpg

Then, you see something like this:

flight_simulator_(resized).jpg

And you say, well, sh*t, I'm gonna need that too.... gonna need more money...

#6525 3 years ago

So do all of the gauges and panel displays light up and work while you are flying? How does that even work???? Looking forward to more pics.

1 week later
    #6580 3 years ago

So cool with the block walls, exposed ceiling, and ductwork. That is an awesome theme. I spied a vintage (1970s?) hifi setup in there too.

#6592 3 years ago

Is slot car racing still as fun as I remember it being way back in the day? Recently I was looking around to see what I can get today to recreate the experience. I see one trend for "slotless" tracks which I am not so sure about. There are some different brands around today but I don't know what is any good. Looks like Aurora is long gone.

Then of course we had to apply technology and make the whole thing as nutty-fast as possible. This is absolutely crazy, I am not sure this could actually be any fun.

#6608 3 years ago

Znet, thanks for the slot car info. And also, the Marantz quad receiver and its friends are of course awesome. I love the vintage hifi stuff, I have a Kenwood amp and tuner from 1976 still going strong in my garage.

And one more cool thing in your never-ending supply of cool things...the Dremel tool cabinets for the slot cars!

2 months later
    #7229 2 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:My purple drank arrived today.
    Some will understand. Others will not.
    It's so beautiful I may put our Christmas presents under it this winter lol
    It's a bit of an Easter egg for the gameroom

That is sick, just sick.

#7233 2 years ago

APPROVED!!!!!

Talky Tina is my most favorite ever.

#7250 2 years ago
    Quoted from thunderstorm:

Haven't had much change in my gameroom lately, altho, i did have a photoshoot happen last week, here's a couple pictures i thought you guys might like, and be nice, these girls are sweethearts and friends.
    also considering making a calendar? any interest? there were 12 girls over at this shoot.

Awesome! The photos are great. Did a pro photographer do those?

When a bunch of my close friends come over to play pinball it is pretty much about the same.

In. My. Dreams.

2 months later
    #7549 2 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

love those TZ framed prints! very clean.

Yep, those are cool. Except one problem. That damn Talky Tina. She scares the living crap out of me. I would be in fear every time I stepped in the room and saw her looking at me.

I almost pulled the trigger on one of these a while back when you could still get one from Amazon. My plan was to put her head up against a grinder, tie her up in a bag, and throw her in a trash can with bricks on top. I'm pretty sure that would get rid of her once and for all.

amazon.com link »

1 week later
    #7639 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

So, in other words, never look at the object again, this will preserve the integrity of the ink pigment. Make a padded box for the signed article, paint the inside of the box black. And mount the item in the box so as to not allow it to touch anything. Then place the box in a plastic sealable bag, place that bag in another sealable bag. Place the final item in a padded treated crate that is nailed shut, then screw the crate into the floor of a climate controlled closet, set the temperature to 73 degrees, and research what humidity is best for preserving the item and ink with the ink manufacturing company and the items manufacturers, and set it as such. Place a set of 4 servailence cameras on the closet and inside the closet with a monitoring system (including an off site video backup system) mounted in a safe and secure servailence room. Be sure your smart phone can call up the video feed from anywhere. Lock the closet door, and place motion sensors and alarms on the door.
    Next is to secure your walls, doors, floors, ceilings and windows with steel barricades, and place broken glass shards cemented into your roof. Oh, and don't forget to treat for termites.

Better yet, let the top men handle it.

17C97777-A913-41A8-ABDB-607C10EEAF73-224-00000003D94509C1_tmp (resized).png

#7643 2 years ago

That beach is pretty much standard size like what we have around here. But, as nice as the beach is, like a lot of people we are looking at ways to get out of CA. One place I have been checking out is Montana. I saw a place for sale on Zillow for a reasonable price that has a grass landing strip and an airplane hangar. Now I guarantee you, I will never fly my own plane. So the question is, does this space look like a possibility for something else?

mt airplane hangar (resized).jpg

#7648 2 years ago

Oh man those 4 in a row are nice.

#7650 2 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Now I wanna go to a beach!

Come on down!

This is what it looks like now that all the tourists are gone:
    HB empty (resized).jpg

This is what it looks like in the summer.
    HB full (resized).jpg

Its 75 deg today without a cloud in the sky.

#7660 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Bring the games, leave your politics at home

Haha good one. Always remember - the ones that want to get out aren't the ones that will be bringing that stuff with them. Enuff said on that

#7661 2 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

To wire, insulate and heat a space that big in Montana is gonna cost ya a FORTUNE. But oh is that nice, just PERFECT for my Mustang.

The electrical should be OK, I see nice lighting up above. But it looks like there isn't anything on the walls or up above for insulation, as far as I can tell. Now all that insulation stuff isn't something I know much about as we don't have much need for it here (my house doesn't have any insulation in the walls at all). But shouldn't it be possible to shoot that foam stuff all into the walls for a reasonable price? Then install a ceiling to close the room in? Just speculating.

Why would that guy let his plane get all cold in the winter???

1 week later
    #7680 2 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Added a GB premium to the lineup:

Slowly running out of room. Time to trade and swap.

HAH! You're filling up that giant space already??? I wish I had that problem </envious>

1 week later
    #7723 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

So after downsizing, I went from 8 to 11 (plus two in the garage).

IMG_0084 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #7758 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Even have pins under pins. Nice

That is a great game room!

And the pins under the pins? Awesome. That should be in one of those "what do you store under your pin" threads.

Or better yet, make a new thread called "What do you store under your pins that are stored under your pins????"

1 month later
    #8075 2 years ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

How big is the garage and how long did the transformation take? Is it insulated, heated and cooled?

This is an interesting one, would like to know more. The starting point is one of those standard metal buildings. I think you can get those for reasonable prices. Obviously it was all drywalled and carpeted. It looks great. You would presume insulation was put in.

There is stove heater in the before pic but it seems to be gone now? There a unit on the wall that looks like AC?

The setup of the electric outlets is very spiffy, lots of them down low for the machines and some up high for lighted signs and such.

And what is behind the curtain?

1 week later
    #8164 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

You're right Howie!

Your controls are awesome. I took these shots at the Air and Space Museum Udvar-Hazy Center. These were going to be my inspiration for something similar in my game room, but you beat me to it! I hope to build something that cool. You probably can buy some of this stuff in some surplus place somewhere.

IMG_20150406_122922482 (resized).jpg

IMG_20150406_122327124 (resized).jpg

IMG_20150406_122947125 (resized).jpg

#8201 2 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

A Vanilla Ice bathroom...
    Thats so F'n dope & weird
    You sir are one of my favorites now. It takes a special kind of person to have a Vanilla Ice room. Thats not some "Bed Bath & Beyond" shit anyone can just pick up. That was a very deliberate choice you made lol
    I may have to bring a Vanilla Ice element into my game room now. Kudos dude

I agree. And yes you should too, it seems that it will go well with the "drank sign that is colored purple", which is also one of my favorites. That and that squirrelly little alien.

#8204 2 years ago

As long as you are talking about doing up your game room bathrooms - if you didn't happen to see a thread about a possible Jaws pinball machine, you might not have seen one of the coolest bathrooms I have seen, by Pinsider pinballa1983. Here's a link right to that post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-in-upcoming-jaws-title/page/12#post-2674052

2 months later
    #8474 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Holy crap, that's a lot of Gibsons

sunburst heaven!!!

2 months later
    #8919 1 year ago

Dang it must be sweet to have a nice working Tron machine. I put a lot of quarters in that one back in the day. I want to get the controls set up to replicate it in MAME.

#8941 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thanks guys! I think its fun to take pictures of us playing games
    I built that Tron from scratch and scoured the country for used parts, it took a long time, it actually runs mame and has every game from that time period that utilizes the spinner and the joystick, I'm using an original Joystick from top to bottom with the exception of the handle that is a beautiful repro. You really need the original joystick to play Tron just right, other wise you will have a very hard time, Tron is hard as nails as it is, but I love the challenge.
    The Tempest next to it has the (Clay Cowgill?) Multi-Tempest Installed, but most of the time it just runs V3.
    The Street fighter C.E. next to that has every Street Fighter game from the first all the way to SFIV A.E. as well as a host of many many other games from NES, SNES, mame, PC Engine and so on... about 4000+ games very nicely organized with the nice Hyperspin Front end. I have hundreds of hours in its configuration, and it shows when you go to select a game, everything is very easy to find, my 4 year old has no trouble finding his favorite "Super Mario" And its using an original 27" arcade monitor. It only plays games that uses a joystick and up to 6 buttons per player, if a game uses any other control scheme that needs more that what is on the control panel, it got removed. (Yes I know the control panel graphic is screwed up, LOL)
    I'll post some more of my (finished projects) games soon, just thought you guys would like to see and know some of the info behind them.

I'm hoping to be able to set up a similar Mame machine that includes a spinner (for Tron and Breakout and possibly others) and a joystick that can work with Tron and Zaxxon. From what I have read they both use 8-way joysticks, but you are right, there is something special in the setup for the Tron version that lets it work with the lightcycle game. You have to be able to have precise control for 4 directions only for that one I believe. Have you checked to see if Zaxxon works good with your Tron stick?

We put enough quarters in that &*#*# Tron game back in the day to darn near beat the thing. I would love to get a shot at it again. This time, no quarters!!!

Oh and there must be a good trackball also for Centipede/Millipede and others.

1 month later
    #9078 1 year ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I finished cleaning up my new High Speed today so I grabbed some new pics for posterity for myself and thought I'd share. Not as crazy as some of the stuff on here but it makes me quite happy!

The penguin made me think of these 2, I think they should be hanging in your game room

telly (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #9108 1 year ago

OK the #1 problem everyone says when you walk into any open house to inspect it: A formal living room and a formal dining room? WTF, who wants that? What a waste of space! What do you do with that?

PROBLEM SOLVED!

#9124 1 year ago

Well you have something I would love to have - SPACE! Also many key ingredients are there already:

2 cool pinball machines
    Cool high score board
    Cool Captain America shield
    Best TV stand ever!

#9141 1 year ago
    Quoted from jp335i:

Here is ours at the moment ... I have a couple more games I am working on at the moment (STUN Runner and Simpsons 4 Player) but other that that I'm "done:

Just a little work on "tidying up" and you will have it nailed!

KIDDING!!!!!!

That is the neatest, most best cable-hidden setup I have ever seen.

#9145 1 year ago

I keep looking at it trying to figure out if the whole thing is CG.

Its easy enough to mount a TV with no wires visible from the front. Check out mine...

HomeTheater_1 (resized).jpg

#9191 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Is there a slot machine thread? If there isnt, you guys should start one!
    How about some pics of game rooms?

Here is one I made not long ago that has some good information in it. I hope to get one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slot-machines-i-know-nothing-and-have-questions#post-3942363

1 week later
    #9240 1 year ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Turned my garage and unfinished basement into a family fun floor
    Not huge, but I like it very much.
    In Progress pictures:

And After:

Very Nice, I like the pool table, card table, and bar. "not huge" It looks GIGANTIC to someone who has about as much space as that cubbyhole under your stairs!

#9278 1 year ago

I like this one

http://www.omegapatternworks.com/recolor_carpet/404/?category=9

Space omegapatternworks (resized).png

Also this one, if you like things a bit more structured....

http://www.omegapatternworks.com/recolor_carpet/253/?category=9

Light Bright Dots omegapatternworks (resized).png

1 week later
    #9346 1 year ago

Pinball machines, pool table, bar, stage. That's a great setup, that is pretty much how my ideal setup would be (I would add in guitars/amps with drums). Can you say about how many total square feet you have for this? For my dreaming purposes

My guess: 1600 sq ft??

#9348 1 year ago

Exactly! In this thread, you see a lot of what you might call "old school" setups - wood paneling, regular carpet, beer signs, wood bar, all that sort of stuff. Then there is what you might call "new school" with UV lighting, cool patterned glowing carpet, LED signs, chrome and plastic furniture etc.

I like 'em both, would be hard to decide which way to go. Is there a good way to blend them together into one?

#9375 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I used a 100 amp panel for my game room, which is 2900 sq. ft. I have installed about 80 outlets scattered all over, many at neon-sign level, several in the ceiling (which is a 9 ft. unfinished, painted black). I have six pins on a single 20 amp circuit with the possibility of adding one or two more - because I have LED'd all of the machines which reduce power consumption substantially. Most of the rest of the circuits are 15 amp arc-safe breakers or GFI breakers (for the bathroom). I put a power meter on the wall to monitor power usage, which is very low as about 99% of the lighting in the room, including the machines, is LED.
    All of the pin outlets are 4 ft. off the ground so no cords show anywhere. I'm a stickler about electrical cords showing. Always put in MORE outlets than you think you'll ever need. There really is no limit to how many outlets you can put on each circuit, since you'll only use what you need. Even after 80 in place, I wish I had put in more.
    Ceiling outlets are very handy if you plan on putting perimeter lighting LED strings throughout. Using remote outlet controllers, I can turn on any of six zones for the LED lighting. Put them in every corner, and also floating within the grid of the ceiling at every 10 feet or so. You can float pinball machines in the middle of the room anywhere if you have a ceiling outlet hookup - no cords on the floor anywhere.
    I used ceiling can lights scattered to provide even lighting, along with a few in a row over the pool table and a couple in the "family room" section with the fireplace. 65 watt flood LED lights only use 12 watts each, and don't produce any real heat.
    As for heating, I have a gas forced air ducted heat system, but rarely use it, even in the dead of winter. The house is a raised ranch with the basement being aroung 4 ft. under the grade, and the heat from upstairs is very adequate for the basement.
    Finally I did my floor in a "polyaspartic" material, similar to epoxy but more rugged. It's got about 80 lbs. of pure aluminum flakes mixed into the clear topcoat, giving it a "wet" appearance and very deep. It's first thing people comment on when they get in the room. Glossy bright, you can do it in any material or color, very cool and can take much abuse and heavy machines with no downside. Mop it to clean it as well.
    Many different ways to design a room, so this is just the way if finally did my room, after building 3 different game rooms in past houses.

If I had that little key cutter setup like that, I would totally hang this poster by it.

A4628172-4EC2-4C29-A4F5-9FFA1137567D-227-00000046A998D906 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
    #9516 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Recent addition to my game room. Now I *realize* it's not coin operated, but the console is a Western Electric switchboard, an huge electrical gadget - the same thing you would see in the early days of telephone communication. It can use a telco outside line, but I don't have one, so the phones act as intercoms and can connect with each other. And also ring, but it has to go thru an operator at the switchboard to connect. This switchboard was removed from a motel in Colorado many years ago, and wound up in my space.
    So yet another electro-mechanical gadget to fill in the blanks.

That's cool, is everything connected by the typical type of phone wiring? I see that you can buy those switchboards on Ebay, but they go for thousands!

1 week later
    #9587 1 year ago

no candy spiderman (resized).jpg

#9594 1 year ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

My current arcade in my basement. Been planning on finishing the space in the next year or so before i go crazy bringing in any more games, since its going to be a major pain in the ass to work down there if I've got too many in the way. Hoping to bring in another 5-10 machines once completed. I've already got 2 project games waiting to come in from the garage.

Zaxxon!! Oh man I buried so many quarters in that thing back in the day. Must be cool to have one.

Oh, er, cool pinball machines too.

#9598 1 year ago

Caddyshack Well Were Wating (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #9726 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

You should change your pinside name to “bussomman1”.....every game you have features a great rack on every Translite! Lol

Somehow its not that hard to accomplish this in the pinball world!

SnS MC BV 1 (resized).jpg

#9753 1 year ago

Movie Posters........... Alvin and the Chipmunks & Zombieland. Diversity in action!

#9786 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I love and hate this thread. Every time I think my basement arcade looks pretty ok I see the Amazing Home arcades in this thread and frown. Lol. This thread Does however prove with this addition you Really can’t have only one no matter How much space is available!! Some real creative minds in this hobby.

MorpheusNoBasement (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #10006 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I have a "smart meter" that the utility company accesses thru RF. I also have a digital watt meter that I installed in the game room. I'm gonna take a snapshot of the meter with everything turned on, to see what it draws. Now you got me wondering. I installed that box but never put it thru the test. Typically, it sits at about 1.30 amps continuously, with about 14 small neon signs going 24/7, and maybe five LED-lit objects. That's the background lighting when the room isn't used. Here's the meter that I use. The pic shows 1.09 amps draw, less than 100 watts. This varies but not a lot, when the room is idle:

The background draw for the neon signs at about 70 watts would run about $16.00/month at Southern California rates. We are at the top end of USA electricity rates not counting Hawaii and Alaska.

#10014 1 year ago
    Quoted from JimWilks:

My gamerooom is fairly basic.

Good one! I can compete with you on "fairly basic"

SnS MC BV 2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #10111 1 year ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

How much per kwh you paying? I'm paying around 9 cents plus all the other fees. Last month I used 752 kwh and with fees it came to $110.64

From my last bill:

Total usage for the month: 509 kWh
    Total bill: $106.78
    Cost per kWh: $0.21

However you have to use caution when looking at these numbers. This is because (at least here in CA) you have tiers of usage on your bill. As your usage for the month goes up you can jump from tier to tier, and the rates go upwards accordingly. So the more you use the higher your rates go.

#10114 1 year ago

I have done a fair amount of work over the years sorting this stuff out, mainly because I started to see some pretty high bills. See for example this web page, I haven't updated this in a while, but it shows some of my data collection with the Kill-A-Watt: http://xsvtoys.net/energy_consumption.htm

I got my bill down quite a bit by reducing the number of computers I had going, cutting off vampires with power strips, and replacing all of the lighting with LED.

Also, a little while back the power company swapped the old meters with the new smart meters. These are pretty slick actually. You can log into your online account and look at your hourly usage for any day. For example, here is how a typical day looks for me:

energy home (resized).jpg

I usually work at home all day with one high-power computer and two monitors on all day. You can see the effect of this, for example, here is another weekday but I was out of town this day so the computer was off:

energy away (resized).jpg

Probably the worst electricity-sucker is the 60" plasma TV. Fortunately we don't watch it all that much.

You can see that with this smart meter, you could get everything in the house set a baseline level, and then at the beginning of your selected hour you could turn your whole gameroom on. Then you could see how much electricity that game room uses. I can't do much of an experiment for this as I only have 2 EMs and 1 older SS machine. Those I can easily measure with a Kill-A-Watt though.

#10160 1 year ago

The hard part is getting those super-nice new plastic plates, those are custom-made and not available anywhere (that I know of). Got to find someone who has a laser cutter or something similar to make some.

I would go for something like these for the screws (pic from a random website, not sure how easy it would be to get the exact size in color).

painted-fastener-heads-website-banner (resized).jpg

#10170 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Mine is a 1951 with 8 pulls. I also lighted the mirror, candy slots and price windows with internal LED's. Automotive deep red with clearcoat. That was a fun project.

This is a good example of why some old stuff is way better than anything "modern" we can build today. Functionality? Simple, reliable, perfectly suited to the task. Design and looks? Waaaay cooler!!

2 weeks later
    #10291 1 year ago

I am using Chief Architect Home Designer Pro 2012. I have the entire house drawn in there, this was originally done for a kitchen remodel. I have been using it to sketch out a possible game room in my current office.

game room (resized).jpg

I have another drawing I have been slowly working on for a 2000 sq ft "idealized" or "fantasy" game room. This would be the template of what I would like to do with a dedicated space if I ever get one. I am using all of the ideas from this thread for this. It still needs a lot of work, but the basics are there now. I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate a nice bar in there where the cabinets are for the next step. King BW - yours is a lot like mine. I like the bar setup! That is a good inspiration for me. Did you basically build that up on your own from the cabinets and countertops?

game room 1 (resized).jpg
    game room 2 (resized).jpg
    game room 3 (resized).jpg
    shop (resized).jpg
    game room floorplan (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #10612 1 year ago
    Quoted from imagamejunky:

Ready for game day

Good lord that big Mame system or whatever it is .... that is cool. I have looked at all sorts of systems but never seen one like that. Is it all custom built by you? That looks awesomely fun.

#10664 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

04/22/18 game room party last night. Continues to evolve with gadgets:
    » YouTube video

More gadgets? What on earth can you add that isn't already there???? We demand reports on new stuff!!! Did I mention I'm moving to Loveland CO?????? I'll call when I get to town, I'm sure you have operators standing by.

ringydingy (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #10806 1 year ago

Obscure movie reference

17D5C2D3-F550-459F-832F-DC2FE0ABBEBB (resized).jpeg

#10810 1 year ago
    Quoted from Brett-L:

Man, I used to love this movie! I was just looking around online trying to find it the other day TLG

That's great, I see several people liked it, I wondered if anyone remembered that movie. I haven't seen it in quite a while, but I remember it was pretty funny, typical for a Steve Martin movie of that era. Think I'll watch it again from Netflix.

#10825 1 year ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Could not have said it better myself! The pins get 99.9999% play when family and friends visit. The old consoles/systems get a look for a few minutes, but it's all about the pinball machines. What blew me away was seeing kids absolutely loving and enjoying pinball. So that is enough of an incentive to offload the video games collection for more pinball.

The beauty of it is you don't have to give up any of the retro video games, you can have them all on one device thanks to emulation.

1 month later
    #10977 1 year ago

Jorge- if possible I would like to know where you buy your slot machines, and also, maybe a link for the wireless NES controllers.

Your game room-house and the selection is great, just great. Whack a Mole would be awesome too, I see those pop up at Captain's Auction. Its a fun one to play and can get competitive with adults believe it or not.

I get by Copperopolis a fair amount as I have some friends in Angels Camp. Also would like to stop by to visit the "upstairs" part with "live nudes". Wait, I mean, to play pinball! Actually that area is on my radar as a possible retirement venue, I have checked out the real estate there and there are some good possibilities for homes with extra buildings for something like this And lots of golf too.

#10983 1 year ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Bought the wireless controllers on eBay. Can’t seem to get the link but they were like $20 bucks and work awesome. Way better than the four foot cord that comes with the classic.
    I buy my slots from gamblers oasis. Mike is awesome to deal with and very helpful. Just do a web search or PM me.
    You wouldn’t slots would be good in a home environment but they are addicting as hell.
    This area is amazing for retirement. Lots to do relatively inexpensive. I used to work at saddle creek which is top level golf course in the summers while I was in college.
    Lake tulloch is one of only two lakes in california that can have homes built on the water and since the lake is a holding lake it stays full year round and is always clean.
    Great community, I know all my neighbors and have a beer with many of them.

My friends moved up from Lodi a few years ago and they really like it. They are on Greenhorn golf course. I was just up there recently (went to the Lodi pinball show), yes, it is super nice.

Thanks for the recommendation on the slots, I will check them out along with NorCalRealtor's guy who is actually close to me. I like the style of the slots you have, those 80s type ones with 1 payout line are my favorite, well because that's what we loved to play back in the day. I started a thread about slot machines in game rooms and there is a lot of good information there. I would be inclined to buy a big pile of the tokens from Amazon and use those instead of real coins by taking the magnet out of the coin detector, or however that works.

#10993 1 year ago

Pull the trigger...get it? Good one.

If I recall correctly somewhere way back in this thread there is a game room with one of those full size T2 robots.

1 month later
    #11200 11 months ago

Honestly, if you could just tidy things up a bit better, it would be perfect

I agree, the blue counter is just brilliant. What a great look.

#11225 11 months ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Pool Tables in homes are rare there? It looks like a solid machine. Any manufacturing label?
    The basement has a walk out, or is that maybe the reason the table was left behind?

He meant the basement, these are very rare here in California. Pretty much like finding a unicorn that poops golden eggs.

Apparently it is fairly common for pool tables to stay behind with sold houses, because of the high cost of moving them.

1 month later
    #11466 10 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Had about 60 people over this past weekend, figured i'd take some "before" pics while the game room was clean... everyone always likes the mad scientist bar...
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That picture taken over the surface of the air hockey table with the pins in the background may be the best piece of photography in the thread, excellent.

#11497 10 months ago
    Quoted from jeep-mustang:

Here's a few shots of my game room, we do poker and pinball every other Friday. Started as an unfinished storage area, couple years worth of messing with it when I got time and it turned out pretty good.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’ll have a Jack Daniels and a Red Vine!

2 weeks later
    #11579 10 months ago

Sorry I am often sitting here working on Photoshop projects so I can't resist these easy ones

cats vs dogs (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #11633 9 months ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

That is all I have room for as well! But 3 is still better than none!!!

Me three. I'm pretty sure I've got more bsi * than anyone though.

SnS MC BV 1 (resized).jpg

* bsi = boobs per square inch

1 week later
    #11702 9 months ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I am seriously running out of space.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

That’s it, time to bail on that entire setup, find a place that is 2X bigger, start all over and build an even awesomer one.

(Living the game room life vicariously through your place)

1 week later
    #11769 9 months ago

Where is Death Race!?

#11784 9 months ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

Holy Molly!!!
    I am at Banning, CA right now and your collection of arcades sure looks like similar size. Do you have a high level (Top View) Map of your layout?? I just want to see how the rows are configured in your space.
    BRAVO!!! Some collection you got! Where is ROBOTRON 2084??
    Oh, T-MEK brings back so much memory.
    Thanks for Sharing!

Check out Pacman’s thread here to see a lot more. It’s awesome, and his restorations are great. The Death Race machine is one of my top favorites.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/out-of-room-throw-up-a-steel-building

#11785 9 months ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

It’s in there. Next to the T2. I didn’t get pix of all the games.

Yay, for a moment there I thought maybe you might have sold it, LOL, as if that would ever happen. But if you ever do decide to sell it, well...

A94A3157-D9F6-43C1-A71B-04B2782EF048 (resized).jpeg

#11811 8 months ago
    Quoted from PianoCK:

Hi, here is Christian from Germany and I like you to show you my basement after 5 months of work. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, nice Christian, you know how to do it right!

1 month later
    #11926 7 months ago

T2 Robot Wanger LOL

1 week later
    #11984 7 months ago
    Quoted from kciaccio:

When I first started watching the video I thought that was a nice collection..Then you turned a corner and then another..Good grief!!! Bravo sir.

Hah I was watching and watching and thinking dang this is all sweet, but I would really want a Tron also. Then the last corner.......

#11998 7 months ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Has anyone received an email from their power company telling them that they used an excessive amount of power last week? I did. With these smart meters they found what had raised the power load for the neighborhood for a Saturday. I had a Thanksgiving party with 9 pins, 2 subwoofers, 1 jukebox amp, 10 neons, TV with surround sound, and the normal other lights on, and some other stuff. The following Wednesday I got an advisory that the unusual power usage would increase my power bill by about $50 for the month and gave me tips to reduce my power consumption. I couldn't believe that they are watching that closely.

How about all those crazies with their gigantic Christmas lighting setups? I would imagine that would cause a lot of spikes usage this time of year. Although LEDs do cut it back quite a bit.

2 weeks later
    #12194 7 months ago
    Quoted from Lawnboy:

This is our other hobby. Really do not touch the pinballs much during the summer as we sleep on the boat EVERY weekend. Last year we took the boat up to Canada for a two week trip from our home port in Milwaukee I need to get bigger boat so I can fit a pinball machine on it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You said "I need to get a bigger boat"

jaws_bigger_boat (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #12524 5 months ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Still a ways to go.
    More toys waiting to be installed
    [quoted image]

Klipsch - that's doing it right. I have all Klipsch in wall and in ceiling in the living room theater. It cranks.

1 week later
    #12608 5 months ago

Its gotta be load bearing? Looks more like a 4x6 than a 4x4 but maybe that's the angle of the photo.

I'm no structural engineer, but I watch a lot of home renovation shows on TV

2 weeks later
    #12800 4 months ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

LOL it's so great. You owe it to yourself to watch it again soon. I think it is one of the funniest movies of all time.

If you are a Bruce Lee fan at all, Fistful of Yen is one of the most brilliant things ever put on film. It never gets old watching that.

Fistful of Yen transmission 1 - 800x450 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #13119 89 days ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Everyone is stepping up their game. These are bars and rooms look great.
    I love how everyone’s idea of a game room is different. All may not be my personal style but I appreciate the work and time put into them.

Exactly! I see the ones with led lighting everywhere, blacklight carpets, neon signs, and it looks cool as hell. Then I see one with all wood paneling and an old-school look (like Viggin’s), and it looks cool as hell. They just all look cool as hell, thanks everyone for continuing to post your pictures.

2 weeks later
    #13164 74 days ago

It’s funny, I was thinking the same thing. I mean this awesome place has it all...pinballs everywhere, cool signs, beer signs, a bowler, girls in bikinis, a great bar, jukebox...

But, Cowboy Slot Machine!? Cowboy. Slot. Machine. Daaaaaaaaaaaammmmmnnn.

I want one.

2 weeks later
    #13322 57 days ago
    Quoted from Daveeb2000:

Just finishing up building a room off the back of my house. The room is around 17'x20' I just built it right on top of my patio slab that was already there. (I did put a footing under the two side walls) I can put 8 Machines along the back wall and could make room for 2 more if I put them back to back in the middle. Now I can give my wife back one of our bedrooms I was using.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hmm that is interesting. I have a similar-looking arrangement in the back, with a similar size concrete patio that currently has a decent-sized but old wood patio cover. I was thinking about building one of those enclosed patio rooms there, which is basically an aluminum and glass arrangement I suppose. But I see you went all-in with a complete structural addition to the house. I never thought of going that route, might have to think about that.

#13380 54 days ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I have a rather small downtown house with only a small back storage room to work with. Space constraints pushed me towards exploring things beyond pinball machines, like the artwork and other coinop machines.
    It's pretty tight in there.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey there’s a blank space on the wall below the Tempest sign!

2 weeks later
    #13447 37 days ago

This is great! x 100

#13461 36 days ago

Huemanatee you NAILED IT!

First thing I thought of.

#13500 31 days ago

I'm sure I'm not the first to think this, but these recent posts made something pop in my head. If you have a game room with a nice pool table like this, well then, does at least one of your pins have to have a pool/billiards theme to go with it?

If I had room, I'd love to have a pool table with an EBD next to it.

#13514 31 days ago

Super nice, like the neon also.

2 weeks later
    #13558 16 days ago
    Quoted from adborto:

Still working on mine. A big thank you to Pinballs.com, Ardvark and HDMIKE for helping me with it.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I do love me an obsessively-organized network rack, well done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 129.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 18.95
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 7,499.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside