Topic Stats

• 23,725 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Nicoli125
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240329_010145474 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240329_010155166 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6895 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6906 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6907 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6908 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ultimategameroom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15079 3 years ago
    Quoted from ElectricLou:

It’s a alcohol analyzer [quoted image]

My buddy used to be a regular at a bar that installed one of those units. The owner ended up removing it due to certain patrons competing with each other to see who could blow the highest.

#15098 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

There shouldn’t be anything wrong with that really....
    Unless they decided to jump in their cars and race home afterwards.

I agree !
    I think the police stopped by to have a talk with the owner due to neighbor complaints and a few patrons were also arrested nearby for public drunkenness.
    I’m all for enjoying a few drinks but when someone is hanging onto a parking meter to stay upright on their walk home ...

1 month later
    #15272 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

The lot came up for sale next to me. I am thinking of buying it and building a bowling lane, bar and theater!!!
    It may not happen right away but it will happen some day.

The bowling lane pics you posted look similar to a project an electrician I know worked on a couple years ago.
    Big custom new construction home.
    (3) professional/regulation AMF lanes in the basement. Builder told him retail charge for them was a couple hundred thousand.
    crazy expensive but very cool !

1 year later
    #19695 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

My suggestion - drop grid and hang lights off it (cans, track, etc.) Here are three examples. Wood Grid painted a high contrast color like the red here (will go with your murals). Made out of wood framing material (2X4s here in the state);
    An even more simple grid out of metal grid or metal piping (gas line piping here - black pipe); or
    More elaborate grid with mesh fill in - keeps the industrial look.
    All of these wood be a rectangle area just over the pins, suspended from the roof.
    [quoted image]

Great suggestion. We call that a Chicago grid ceiling system in my area. In addition to your suggestion you can also use the hanging grid system and fill in with acoustic or other panels. Another option is to use the hanging grid work as a frame to screw drywall/sheet goods or other materials like long strips of wood or any other easy to source material.

483405E8-5CE7-4A75-8962-9F8993C64AA6 (resized).jpeg483405E8-5CE7-4A75-8962-9F8993C64AA6 (resized).jpeg
    #19697 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Fuck mate, i only rent the place.
    That's why i was thinking a generic panel i can build up myself, i could take it with me when i move and reuse it.
    Something lightweight that takes up a tiny part of the space, but still gives options on lighting.
    Here's what i was thinking. held up on 4 wires each.
    [quoted image]

You got the idea. just make sure you wires and frame material can handle the weight of what you are going to hang from them!

Here’s a pic of a heavy duty system that was installed on one of my jobs for drywall installation.

D8802E85-337B-472A-B87C-536056514E71 (resized).pngD8802E85-337B-472A-B87C-536056514E71 (resized).png
    3 months later
    #20314 1 year ago
    Quoted from Eagle14:

I've been collecting, playing and modding these games for a very long time. I have had almost 100 pinnies over the years and these are the ones that I love to play. Yes I have money, but doesn't mean I don't appreciate it and understand that I am very lucky (although I worked bloody hard and earned it all myself).
    For example, I recently sold my Elvira and Batman 66 as I got to the point where I had done everything in the game a number of times over and they just weren't fun anymore. I sold my Godzilla LE coz I just didn't like the game. I also sold a McLaren 675lt and went back to a lotus exige as it is more fun and raw to drive.
    I understand your comment, but everything in this room is special to me.
    Also, I am not a sentimental person, so I can't have old crap in a room. I was very hesitant to share these photos. I didn't do it to show off or say hey look at me, I just wanted to share my passion for pinball with likeminded people.

I always wondered how collectors with garage game rooms dealt with HVAC. Are you in a location that almost never needs AC or heat? Or do you have a dedicated zone of HVAC for the garage?

11 months later
    #22171 10 months ago
    Quoted from Meadows22:

Here's some pics of my gameroom. It's mainly a hodge-podge of all my hobbies. Little messy and unorganized at the moment. I do plan on doing some more rearranging to accommodate more pins later on.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice room and I really like your Freddy, Jason and MM statues. Did Jason cost more than a Stern Topper? I really think the light elements take it to another level!

4 weeks later
    #22364 9 months ago
    Quoted from big-c66:

My wife doesn’t play either she tells me all the time u need to sell those games. U don’t play them every day anyway. I said not a chance it’s not happening. When I do want to play them I’ve got them.
    Oh by the way honey I’m looking for another one. [quoted image]

You need to join Al Bundy’s club and wear this shirt on a regular basis.

IMG_2114 (resized).jpegIMG_2114 (resized).jpeg
    #22385 9 months ago
    Quoted from stingray4me:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Please post a front pic of the Speed …. Arcade driver. I loved those types of machines when I was a kid.

5 months later
    #23216 3 months ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Hate seeing those flooded basements. One thing to mention about sump pumps is the location of the discharge. Ensure it is carrying the water far enough away from the sides of the foundation so not to just seep back into the ground and go right up against the foundation again. This will depend on your house and how far down the water table is. You can add some length to the discharge hose to get it out to the middle of the lawn or onto a surface that carries it to a storm drain. For anyone with a sump pump that runs and runs and runs, it might just be trying to pump the same water over and over and will wear out over time. Helped a neighbor like this years ago.

Good point.
    Sorry to hear about your flood Silver U!

I install (2) sump pump pits in every home that I build. That gives you space to install (2) separate sump pumps that each have their own dedicated electrical outlet/ circuit. If one pump fails or trips the circuit breaker,the other pump still operates.

If your pump operates often, I recommend replacement every 5 years or keep an extra on hand for quick replacement in an emergency. The float switches go bad and stop working.

I also recommend an additional battery back up pump or water powered pump. The water powered pumps are nice but check the specs on how much it will pump depending on the depth of your foundation/exterior grade. A automatic standby generator is the final piece of the puzzle. Battery back up pumps are great but not for more than a few hours.

Also moisture sensors with alarms are great but must be mounted in a location where it gives you time to react to the problem. I’ve seen alarm techs mount them on the concrete floor next to the sump pump! This will notify you when it’s too late to do anything. It needs to be located in the pit at least 6” below the floor height or it’s worthless.

I put all the info in writing and make the customer sign it if they don’t select the options listed above.

#23217 3 months ago
    Quoted from KING-HENRY:

That's straight out of a horror film right there...what really scared me is that you didn't turn off the breaker to the games while you were walking (in water!) near that Outrun that was going nuts..in any event, glad you moved to the tallest peak after all of that..my basement got some water, 2 years ago..fortunately it was under the pins, and no uprights got damaged..we've since put most of the 'pricey' pins upstairs, and we will be expoxying the basement in a few months (we get a lot of rain up here in the PNW btw). Hopefully your insurance kicked in on the damages!

I forgot to note make sure that you get a Sump Pump/ Sewer Back up insurance rider. Most agents don’t tell customers about these. I pay around $70 a year and it gives me some coverage.
    Normally if you don’t have the Rider, the Insurance Company will give you $0 and tell you that items in the basement are not covered under your homeowners policy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ultimategameroom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=ultimategameroom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.