Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toucanf16.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4742 8 years ago

20 years in a tub, what a life!

1 year later
    #7675 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

The cathedral as we speak. Worked 9h today. What a hobby

Always love pics of your game room. You need to shoot one of those 360 photos!

1 week later
    #7685 7 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Not to point out the obvious, but those games could be moved closer together!

Spacing is perfect! I hate it when games are shoved too close. You can't enjoy the cabinet or backbox art and I hate it when the guy playing next to me encroaches on my personal flipper hand space!

The better solution is to build a bigger game room! By the way, how big is the current room?

#7699 7 years ago
    Quoted from jsyjay:

Bit more progress

What are you doing for flooring?

#7752 7 years ago
    Quoted from Enaud:

...The pin addiction started about 9 years ago when I restored my old pachinko machine that Santa brought me back in the 70's.

Santa brought me one of those too back in the 70s! My sister and I played the crap out of that thing for many years! I remember it was $49.99 out of the Montgomery Ward catalog.
    I finally sold it in the early 80s.

2 weeks later
    #7829 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

...I love all the pics of everyone's games wether it's of one or fifty,and the ones with girls are even better...

I second that! I only wish I had a gameroom. I'll have one someday worthy of this thread, but for now all I have is three pins (CFTBL, FT& TZ) in my home office. The other 20+ pins are in storage awaiting a special spot in my future mancave.

3 weeks later
    #7960 7 years ago

I disabled thumbs down. So instead I'll just say

#7962 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Here's a small piece of my second gameroom.

I love the drop ceiling and checkerboard tile floor. Goes perfect with your collection!

2 weeks later
    #8072 7 years ago
    Quoted from Toads:

My garage.
    Before I started.
    Room finished.
    And now...

How big is the garage and how long did the transformation take? Is it insulated, heated and cooled?

#8074 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

^^ Sure looks insulated, heated and cooled to me.

But more important, does it have a beer tap?

#8106 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Here's a few pics my wife took tonight. My gameroom is constantly evolving. It will probably look different next month.

Fantastic gameroom @alex! Lots of stuff considering the room's size! I'm also a jukebox guy and noticed your Seeburg 222; the first stereo jukebox! Is it connected to a wallbox?

#8124 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well the garage/shop just became the garage/shop/Gameroom II. 7 ft slate pool table 2 arcade games, Operation Wolf and MACH 3 lots of neons, a 42 inch lcd tv with a JBL sound bar and sub. I ran out of room so no pinballs. But there's plenty down the basement.

Noticed the BoP above the pool table; nice. Is that one mayuh made? What did you do with the other decals from the set?

1 week later
    #8181 7 years ago
    Quoted from racer_x:

Small house + 4 kids = small game room.

Want a fifth kid? Sign me up! You have some lucky kids. I hope they appreciate it. Looks like a fun place for all your kids' friends to hang out.

3 weeks later
    #8253 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwiz1985:

Just moved into a new house with a massive basement. Finished building a custom 12ft bar made out of pine and pallet board planks. Scored all the lumber and bar stools for $500! Embryon is still going strong! Will be getting a Bally X's and O's soon from a my friend to keep in the basement when the guys and gals come over to hang. Plenty of room for wine and beer storage, and dispensary equipment. kegerator photo is a bit old, but got a Chocolate Imperial Stout on tap, Hard cider at 5.8%, and more of the Bourbon barrel porter, but one batch is juiced up at 12% versus the session 8% version you see in the pic. The new brew kettle is 30 gallons big.
    Got a bunch of plans for LED lighting, liquor shelving, a 4 tap jockey box with a Homer Simpson logo theme on it, and an arduino powered custom liquor dispenser in a black pipe style tap. It will be similar to the 'Sidebar Beverage" setup, but at like a fraction of the cost once I get the parts together. I got an example of the pipe setup minus the bottle on top.
    All exciting stuff!

The fifth photo is intriguing. Where can I get one?

#8254 7 years ago

Nice game room. But in my opinion
    the pool table is taking up way too much room for other pins!

#8269 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Custom-made wall switch plates. Got the idea from someone who sells similar stuff on Ebay, but not 3-gang. So I made my own. Upstairs and downstairs. Used a 30 watt etching laser to cut the 1/4", 1/8" and 1/16" sheets of plastic and the holes for the arcade buttons. Then, hack-sawed the switch buttons and mounting nuts to a minimum height, drilled a cotter pin hole to keep them in the button frame, and played with various plastic fillers until the spacing was just right. They contact the actual paddle switches in the box, and all I needed to do was replace the trim with this contraption. Works great and looks like is should be there.

You should be selling those! Look great! Can you post pics of the back side and post an eBay link?

1 year later
    #11872 5 years ago

Is that sub-woofer good for reproductive organs?

#11875 5 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

The guy who built that won't happen have to worry about reproducing lol. He can't get that out of the parents basement!!

LMAO!

DC79B83E-5F3C-46E6-A5F6-32AB2D030079 (resized).jpegDC79B83E-5F3C-46E6-A5F6-32AB2D030079 (resized).jpeg
    #11884 5 years ago
    Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Now you must get ‘The Big Lebowski’ pinball machine! [quoted image]

Keeping wishing for a dream to come true!

#11899 5 years ago

HarrieD , how’s the PF on Space Station?

3 weeks later
    #11974 5 years ago

xfassa , I lost count. How many pins in your place?

#11986 5 years ago
    Quoted from xfassa:

Just when I thought no more could possibly fit....

I like how DI, BM66 and Deadpool are upstairs and haven’t found their way to the basement yet!
    BTW, what the square footage of your basement?

#11991 5 years ago
    Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I don't envy your PDI glass bill!

It’s a close second to his ColorDMD bill!

I’ve been able to get PDA and Invisglass at discount in quantity. but I’ve never seen ColorDMD on sale.

1 year later
    #14270 4 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Pretty much rebooted the entire collection this year. Fell hard for Bally solid states and very pleased to have Met and Iron Man back into my life!
    Not much room for misc. accoutrement, but this is my happy place regardless.
    Maiden leaves tomorrow and Elvira will go into that slot this week [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Accoutrement, always loved that word!
    In all seriousness, love your game room. Nice work.

#14275 4 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

How is your game room looking these days, Matt?

I’m still in Hong Kong. Using the time to plan and fund the perfect gameroom. Hope to post to this thread in a couple years!

1 week later
    #14345 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I wish this was my game room...[quoted image]

Don’t we all!

#14384 4 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

Tip if you're planning a game room: You can never have enough space. I'm out of room.

Nice KD200 (coming from a guy with 15 Seeburgs)!

2 weeks later
    #14493 4 years ago

Great pic. The cat is really into it!

#14527 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

The last pic above, is that a juke box?

OP hasn’t chimed in, but I think it’s a Rockola 453 from 1974.

1 week later
    #14590 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

Seriously,where's the pins?

Agree. A rich man's house. Lots of stuff, but no good stuff (pins!)

#14592 4 years ago
    Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Made a lineup change. TNA is out, AFMrSE is in! Loving it! No room for more than 5 machines until my kids grow up and no longer need half the room as a play room...[quoted image][quoted image]

Pinball would be great in their playroom!

2 weeks later
    #14761 4 years ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Holy cow. 9000 for that baby. It’s amazing what he did to it .

Are you talking about the CFTBL listed for $9K in marketplace?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/88667

1 week later
    #14774 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Wife picked this up at Hobby Lobby today. I have been looking for some5h8ng like this for awhile but i have limited wall space to hang things. I think it works.[quoted image][quoted image]

I like the Seeburg SPS160! I have the follow on model; the SPS2.

3 weeks later
    #14889 4 years ago
    Quoted from BallyTim:

Yeah, lol. My ex would've NEVER allowed that! lol

Going to keep the pins in the bedroom or look for a new wife?

3 months later
    #15474 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

...I had to complete a playfield swap that had already been started After much frustration I still am missing the diverter but it’s together now! I need a new translite too as this one is shot but I was more worried about getting it together first
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Always a challenge picking up someone else’s project,

#15540 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Few additions and subtractions to the lineup. Still waiting impatiently for my TBL to ship. That will be it on pins for awhile. Would love to find more true arcade games like an Off-Road, Super Mario Bros, Joust, BBH HD or many other ones but the Arcade1ups were cheap and kids seem to love them. The Valve Index VR machine is crazy fun. Also added the video poker and slot machine to the main bar area. I blame COVID for all this.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quite the set up @waldo! How many square feet in your man cave?

#15545 3 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

toucanf16,
    I’m looking forward to the day when we get to see your finished game building.
    Howie

Me too. It will be at least two years though. I’m still over in Hong Kong.

#15550 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

The entire basement is around 3500 sq feet but also has a gym and a Jack n Jill type bathroom. But the basement is all mine. Wife gets the other two floors to do with as she pleases. Although I was trying to annex the gym to add machines and somehow that got shot down. Weird how that works.

The gym is worthwhile as long as it’s being used.

2 weeks later
    #15621 3 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

My 1st memory of pinball was from a bowling alley so when I read in the paper a small local bowling alley was closing I went & picked 1 of these hand dryer/blowers.
    I thought it may look nice hanging on the wall in the pinball room. Maybe I'll wire up the fan & lights for nostalgia.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

It's too bad the old nostalgic alley closed.

#15627 3 years ago

crujones4life , nice walk through. I like how you paused to look at each game and didn't rush it. Nice and well rounded arcade collection. I see space for a few more pins in there!

1 week later
    #15719 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

I got a bit more of the hallway done this weekend. Getting close now. I’ll be happy to wrap this project up.
    Here’s a short 15 second video of the doors:
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool! What’s the opening mechanism?

2 weeks later
    #15810 3 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Starting to design my game room basement under the new addition. Any feedback is welcome. Ceiling is 10' plenty of room and a blank canvas. The wife gets her rooms and I get mine.[quoted image]

I’ll bet the first thing everyone does is count how many pins will fit!

#15811 3 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Put some music into my game room.
    Pioneer SX-980 reciever 80 watts per channel
    Pioneer CS-G303 speakers
    Ohm Acustics K2 speakers
    Sony 5 disc changer
    Pioneer PL-530 turntable is out for repair.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Late 70s Japanese audio gear is classic! What’s up with the TT? Hope you’re able to get it fixed!

2 weeks later
    #15923 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Updated video / pics. Will be adding a AIQ here shortly. Will have to decide if I sell a pin or move it to the main area of the basement. GoldenEye is on the hook.
    Here is the video.
    https://vimeo.com/458771532[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Waldo , I always love seeing the video of your place. Incredible!

#15927 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Thanks Toucan. Can’t wait to see yours when it’s done!

It will be ~three more years. I have to finish my stint in Hong Kong first. It gives me lots of time to plan and finish restoring a bunch of pins. You’ve set a high bar!

#15930 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

I for one would love to see pics of your game room, finished or not. Also, I am sure you have mentioned this before but do you have any games with you while you are in Hong Kong?

No pinball in my place. I live is a 700 ft.² place. There’s barely room fir the basics!

#15936 3 years ago
    Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Be even less once the Chinese government moves in

It’s actually a nice place. It was a three bedroom/2 bath place. But they knocked down walls and now it’s one master bedroom, a nice office/bedroom and an open kitchen/dining/living room on the 29th floor. Perfect for us! I love HKG (other than not having my pins and jukes)!
    BTW, if I was here solo I’d have pins. I could comfortably put a half dozen in the place!

2 weeks later
    #16084 3 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Love these rooms. They're fantastic!
    This is my 2020 walk about video.
    Lots of changes in 2020, but very few visitors for obvious reasons.

Love it! Something for everyone, even pachinko and the required Farrah Fawcett poster! How many games do you have in there? How many square feet is the room?

3 months later
    #16796 3 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

good evening all..here are the first photos of our new arcade..we moved here from out of state.were about 45% finished..much more paneling,trim work,neon lights and more neat artworks..no electric panels or service to shop when we started ..this is what my son and i have finished since october 15 when we got service turned on.building is 40x50 but we took part of building for projects and storage..we installed a mini split for hear and ac..i will post finished shop photos in late may when finished and all lights turned on and spinning!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the jukes! Three Rockolas (1484/1494(?), 1452 and 437) and a Seeburg 220 in there? Are all the 3W1 wallboxes wired up?

1 month later
    #17109 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Last pictures and videos I posted here of my collection was about 7 years. It is time for an updated.
    There are many games that have left my collection and have gone to new homes to enjoy and every time had to organize my chronological order.
    Go here to see my 160+ game collection over the years of games present and past.
    http://www.pinballowners.com/campgames[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m drooling over the Seeburg R and V200!

2 weeks later
    #17257 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

I remember it was prohibitively expensive.. like around 500$ or more for the kit. As usual, they got slaughtered on Pinside by armchair designers who thought they could design something similar for 1/5th the price. Of course that never happened.
    Everybody wanted that kit but nobody was prepared to pay what it really cost unfortunately. Given the 1-2$k toppers being sold now I think it could probably work now. They were just a little ahead of their time.
    Here's my 15$ solution from Amazon. Sorry for the short clip. There's 8-10 different flashing patterns and didn't feel like recording for 4-5 mins to get them all.
    amazon.com link »
    They have 50 and 100 light strings. I used 100 lights.

I like the cat meowing towards the end of your video. Is that a Siamese?

#17260 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

My GB is done...
    [quoted image]

Where did you get the GB playfield? I’ve been looking for one, not a wall hanger, but a spare for my game and I’ve come up empty-handed.

4 weeks later
    #17386 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

Game Room walkthrough.

20 pins? What’s square footage? Nice game room.

1 month later
    #17624 2 years ago
    Quoted from F-14Pin:

In addition to the above media/game room I have a music room loaded up with vintage equipment. All of this was collected through the years and dates back to the 70-80s. Most of the equipment (Sansui) was bought while overseas with the Navy. Cracks people up when they walk in and see several hundred 8-Track tapes. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great are you set up. I love the vintage stuff! Are you posting in the vintage stereo thread? Head over there and tell us about your HiFi set up!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vintage-stereo-club-monster-receivers-cassette-cd-players/page/6#post-6272906

#17650 2 years ago

Damn! I wanna see that layout!

2 weeks later
    #17755 2 years ago
    Quoted from SR230CC:

Finally have all my games working.
    [quoted image]

For now! Just kidding! Hopefully they all stay up and running.

3 weeks later
    #17887 2 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

I had posted pics of my old basement game room many years ago. Last year I moved to SW Florida and built a separate building out back with 2 car garage and made a nice game room out of remaining space. I’m such a nut I covered the only window with a huge Guinness mirror lol. Still not complete as I’m missing my jukebox being fixed 1 pin Zep premium & arcade legends 3. Have to make room maybe move dart board to other side.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What model juke is being fixed?

#17890 2 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

NSM firebird cd wall mount I accidentally knocked it out of free play i can’t get it back I’ve read all kinds of stuff about pulling out service plunger ect nothing working

When you figure it out let me know. I have the exact same NSM hanging in my office. The dollar bill acceptor is no longer working and I want to put it on free play.

1 month later
    #18118 2 years ago
    Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I finally Shot a walk thru video!
    Welcome to my gameroom!

Very nice game room. If you don’t mind, what’s the square footage down there?

1 week later
    #18293 2 years ago
    Quoted from JimWilks:

Had an event at my place yesterday so needed to do a bit of a cleanup of the game room. While I was at it, I took some new pics as it's been quite while since I posted my pics here. The room is nothing fancy, just some fun games...
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

JGW, 50+pins. My kind of layout! How many square foot in the game room?

#18297 2 years ago
    Quoted from JimWilks:

About 1500 square feet.

Gauging… I have ~90 pins, guess I need 3-4K sqft. Gonna build it when I return from overseas.

2 years later
    #23546 78 days ago

Detroit also gave it a good shot!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toucanf16.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=toucanf16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.