Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tdunbar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6117 8 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

Does anyone have any OUTDOOR lights for their game room? I am helping with an arcade, would love to get the letters ARCADE in lights outside the building...open to suggestions!

Hobby Lobby Arcade sign with outdoor Xmas lights. used die to cut holes for leds. Might be able to make another but need to find a better way to hold the lights in, mine I hot glued them but was a mess. Thinking of using those plastic electrical snap lock collar like thingies. took a lot of time to cut out the metal for holes for the lights and where like 49 holes to cut with the die.

IMG_0196_(resized).JPGIMG_0196_(resized).JPG

#6118 8 years ago

Here is that sign on ebay but I got mine at Hobby Lobby for less but don't know if they still have them in stock.
    ebay.com link: Arcade Arrow Tin Wall Sign 27x8 Game Room Mancave Garage Decor

2 months later
    #6482 7 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

It's called Skittles. Made at Berea College. You wind a string around a top and launch it into the playfield through a launch slot. The top spins crazy fast and whips around the playfield, knocking down pins. The pins are worth different amount of points. The first two bays (left and right of the launch area) are worth -10. The next area of pins are all worth 5 points. The area after that is all worth 10 points... The back left and right bays are worth 50 points...and the back center bay is worth 100.
    You get 5 pulls... Each time resetting the pins. Add up your score at the end.
    There is some skill in how you wrap the string around the top, and your arm angle/ pull plane (which directs the top after the pull). The rest is just luck (if the table is level).
    Really fun to play with a group of friends. Most people far prefer it to pinball.
    It's a tricky game because the table needs to be level and very stable. I secured my game on a custom cut table with securing feet and extra strength Velcro... And the custom cut table is bolted into the wall. So, it's very stable after the initial pull of string/top. We found the legs that came with the game to be waaaay to rickety and loose (pins would fall over when you pulled the string to launch the top).

I graduated from Berea in 1981 so did you also attend school there?

10 months later
    #8379 7 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

This is my game layout plan

so looking at your plan the pins need more room since the head is bigger than the bottom cabinet or is that with the head width included? and I usually leave a little extra room in between so I can wiggle in to open the backbox?

#8382 7 years ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

current game room pics.........just before I had the guys from my department a Menards over

I can tell you how to light up that arcade sign with battery operated lights if you want the info and if any one wants one already done for 125 bucks plus shipping let me know, that arcade sign is no longer being sold and fetches 75 by itself on ebay.

arcade arrow (resized).jpgarcade arrow (resized).jpg

11 months later
    #10540 6 years ago

Pinball Lizards personal Lizard Lounge hosting 31 members of the Duke City Pinball League on Friday night Jan 12th 2018.

26731412_10156118676132002_8615026202204282616_n (resized).jpg26731412_10156118676132002_8615026202204282616_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tdunbar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=tdunbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.