Topic Stats

• 23,855 posts
  • 2,345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 minutes ago by phillyfan64
  • Topic is favorited by 1,121 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6198 (resized).jpeg
    bikes1 (resized).jpg
    adcc8631-0ad1-436f-bac6-b92e38c5e4b1 (resized).jpg
    cde76292-235b-4aeb-93ad-e03a4f86cf0e (resized).jpg
    396724a8-c984-4b78-823c-5182cb817327 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205403289 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205413200 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205452551 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205433432 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205443930 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205502934 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205514994 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205521414 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205546968 (resized).jpg
    20240421_204123 (resized).jpg
    20240421_210141 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someoneelse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2506 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

A quick and dirty photoshop of what it could look like with grey instead for reference.

door-trim.jpg 61 KB

1 week later
    #2587 9 years ago
    Quoted from Teo76:

.......here is my pimball room..........

The lineup is unbelievable, but i couldn't play there - i need lots of space for my "power-stance".

1 week later
    #2641 9 years ago

My game room has exactly the same dimension as yours - and i can also only fit in 9 pins due to the door.

Thought about a bead curtain (actually a double-layered thread curtain). But then i can forget about having friends over playing until 4 a.m. because the noise spreads in the house and my wife won't get her beauty sleep.

A sliding door could be a good solution if you need to keep the noise from the rest of the house.

9 months later
    #3615 9 years ago
    Quoted from BadBrad97:

Not sure if you like Neon signs, but in the gameroom in my last house I put in a row of outlets up high that were on one switch so I could turn on the lights with one switch. You can always put them in just in case.

The decorative lighting in my gameroom has it's own circuit which is switched by a motion sensor. When you enter the room it turns on automatically and switches off 10 minutes after leaving the room.

1 week later
    #3650 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Here is my tiny gameroom.
    Jeff Bridges would be proud.

20150221_170112.jpg 65 KB

Why am I the only one freakin' out over the fact that someone has a real live The Big Lebowski sitting in a private collection???

5 months later
    #4683 8 years ago
    Quoted from chalkup8:

About 8 years ago ,I saw a collectors tv show on the ABC. They featured a die hard Kiss collector who had everything Kiss under the sun except for the Bally pinball machine.I couldn't believe it.

Like this guy and WoZ...

WoZ_Obsession.jpgWoZ_Obsession.jpg

#4684 8 years ago

Nothing wrong with a little dancing...

2 weeks later
    #4844 8 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

I have limited space and store all my tools, parts, and other such things. So they stay.

Just putting appropriately sized ordinary cardboard boxes under the pins would look far better in my opinion. Even if i want to look at the other stuff in the room...I can't help staring at those curtains...

The least I would do is make them solid black, grey or white so they don't draw attention so heavily.

#4848 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or get some black rubber made containers or go to the container store. That place rocks.

Another good idea. But looking at the little sideboard thing in the first picture i guess we just have different color perception.

Apart from the clown-skirts your pins are wearing the room is really nice!

And hey, you have a pinball machine desk, cool.

1 month later
    #5134 8 years ago
    Quoted from sleazius:

Its the basement of my pool house, which I extended so that it would connect back to my house. So the pinball room (batcave) at the far end has a lift shaft (with a lift eventually) which goes into my billiard room in my house.
    In effect the Batcave is a tunnel, it is almost 2ft underground. Its like a bomb shelter with pins. Kind of like pmwolf's setup only mine goes between two buildings.
    This is the pool house, and the batcave sits under this lawn:
    IMG_0508_s.JPG
    The back side of the pool house, showing the basement underneath:
    IMG_0512_s.JPG
    The gamesroom with the pool windows down the end (those two rectangle windows look into the pool):
    IMG_0515_s.JPG
    The camera overexposes it, this is more how it looks from in the room:
    IMG_0521_s.JPG
    Looking from the far end of the batcave into the gamesroom gives you an idea of how long it is:
    IMG_0525_s.JPG
    Entrance to the batcave from the main room + the toilet and shower:
    IMG_0529_s.JPG
    Gamesroom looking back toward the batcave entrance:
    IMG_0530_s.JPG
    There is a full build thread over at Aussie Arcade if you want to see more. Couldn't be bothered upkeeping 2 build threads which is why there isn't one here.

This is insane!!!

I was looking through the poolhouse pics thinking "the only thing missing is a James-Bond-like windowed pool that you can look into when in the gameroom" and bam, a few pictures later you're presenting exactly that setup.

Congrats to one of the coolest gamerooms I've ever seen!

9 months later
    #6942 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Sorry for the "play by play" posts but I'm excited & my wife gives no shits about the basement
    Foosball area done!
    This weekend I hope to finish the small wet bar area just outside the frame of this photo.

I really don't get what you guys love so much about those stooges guys, but your gameroom is turning out to be absolutely great.

The color scheme you chose is perfect!

#6958 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Mame is garbage, same as virtual pinball. Mildly entertaining but missing the joy of playing original hardware.

Wow, now that's a strange statement!

I agree with virtual pinball having nothing to do with real pinball, but even hardcore arcade freaks can't tell if they are playing a mame game or the original board. I have a 4-PCB-cab with one of the slots fed by a MAME-PC, the other 3 with PCBs - when I switch the same game back and forth between MAME & original PCB there is no chance to tell which is which in 90% of the cases.
    But yeah, it's not a dedicated original cab...

#6961 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

most shmups (shoot em ups) that use a scrolling background look bad because of screen tearing, unless you spend weeks of free time tweaking the resolution settings for each game.

That only happens if you're using "old style MAME" (pre 2014/15ish). With W7, GroovyMAME set to SuperResolutions, D3D and ASIO active there is no more frame lag or screen tearing, scrolling games work perfect right out the box, modlines are generated dynamically in an automated way. Tweaking is not necessary any more. Only ASIO needs to be adjusted to your systems speed, but that's an add-on most people won't care for unless they are tournament players and need 100% frame exact emulation.

But enough of this in the gameroom pics thread - sorry for OT.

#7018 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Actually I was thinking of moving the Foosball table right there and putting the pins against that far wall....I know the wife doesn't want it to look too cluttered...

I'd move the foosball there, the air hockey sideways to the low wall were the 4 pins are standing back to back now. Put the pins where the foosball was, and also use the playfield hanging space for pins as others suggested. Keep the profile low in the middle of the room and move all the pins to the walls, makes it look less cluttered and more spacious.

But the way it is would be just fine for me.

You guys really have huge spaces compared to most game rooms in Europe.

3 months later
    #7635 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

With all 14 of my games and black lighting on the wheel inside the meter only take 5 seconds to go around compared to 19 when everything is off. Probably only takes a second to go around when all the games are being played.

1 month later
    #7797 7 years ago

Stating this doesn't make it less offensive. It just expresses bad style.

So your point is that Brazilian girls tend to be mediocre pretty, small, short legged with unproportionally huge behinds?

Post pics of your wife and/or friends if you want to prove something, not some random "hot" girls you found on the internet.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someoneelse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=someoneelse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.