Topic Stats

• 23,812 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snowvictim.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4064 9 years ago

Well, it's nothing much, but it's still my revered "game room". Plus, it's going to be improved (posters, LED strips, etc.).

image-12.jpgimage-12.jpg

image-10.jpgimage-10.jpg

She's being shopped, you can follow my thread in the "Restorations Documented" subforum.

image-13.jpgimage-13.jpg

Put up my dreams on the wall. I'm going to grab a Theatre of Magic in the summer, I just hope I can find one for sale here in Europe... Medieval Madness kind of out of my budget, I was thinking of an Addams Family, but I'm going to stick to Theatre of Magic.

#4067 9 years ago

Not a lot, perhaps 15. Pinball is a very, very small hobby here in Poland, but some of these bastards have really incredible collections (which, naturally, I'm very envious of). It's more like a closed family. There's the Polish Flipper Association, which holds tournaments and events, but they're really small. Nothing like these wonderful shows such as MGC. But we're devoted.

Anyways, I'm still happy with my gameroom, even if I only have 2 games up and running (which I technically don't since TZ needs a flipper coil replacement and TOTAN needs a new MPU).

1 year later
    #8397 7 years ago

Not really a gameroom pic, but it's something I made for my gameroom. I didn't want to start a new thread for this, yet I still felt like sharing it on Pinside. Maybe someone will be inspired.

Conscious of the fact that Medieval Madness is, both, out of my budget and out of my capacity (I only have room for 4 games, apart from the basement, but it's damp and floods often, while also being tough to get the games down there, so I don't want to keep them there. I've got a TZ, TOTAN, picking up a CFTBL on Thursday, and the last one will be a TAF), I still felt like I want it in my gameroom somehow. I remembered that I have a MM mini-translite, and I've come up with this:

IMG_1032 (resized).jpgIMG_1032 (resized).jpg

Basically, I've called this a minibackbox, which I intend to hang on the wall of my gameroom. As you can see, I also have the mini-translites for TOM and AFM, which will also be used for minibackboxes as it looks rather nice. The project is not finished yet, I'm looking into some solution for a "miniDMD", or at least a way of having the title screen showing up nicely. The speaker panel "grille" also needs installing. It works pretty much like a normal backbox, in that I can remove the translite and access the stuff inside (I intend to put an Arduino board running a very basic lightshow in it. Considering either standalone 9V batteries or powering it up through a normal socket). A short description of the project for anyone who wants a read:

I started off by measuring the backbox and scaling it down to fit the translite. The scale factor was x0.388. I assembled the backbox by cutting it out of 6mm plywood pieces cut to match the individual pieces of the genuine backboard. They were glued together using both hot glue and standard wood glue.
    After that was done, I created the DMD/speaker panel in Google SketchUp using the same scaling. I exported the SketchUp file to an .stl file for 3D printing and sent the part off for printing. I was extremely happy with the results, and also happy with 3D printing (it's the first time I've done it and it's something I'm looking into for a TAF project I intend to undertake over the summer).
    Next, I found the backbox decals for MM. There was a problem with them since they appeared to be cropped slightly, so the backbox decal on the minibackbox isn't identical to the real one (it's stretched to fit the wood). I also made a Williams logo decal, since extruding it in SketchUp was an absolute nightmare, and it would stand out 0.5mm, so it'd be barely noticeable anyway.
    Lastly, I cut a "trench" in the inside of the top of the backbox for the minitranslite to slide in like it does on an actual game. I've attached two pieces of balsa across the length of the inside of the top to keep it in place. When all the woodwork was done I sprayed 5 layers of black, then I glued the speaker panel with hot glue into the minibackbox once the paint had dried. After that, I applied the decals. The last step of the manual stuff will be to get a layer of clearcoat onto it. I applied very little hot glue since the panel fit in snug, so it'll come off for the clearcoating. When that gets done I'll create all the light-related stuff and program my Arduino to perform a very basic lightshow.

IMG_1034 (resized).jpgIMG_1034 (resized).jpg

As a finishing note, I'm really happy with the way this came out. For someone like me, limited by both space and money in a hobby I love, this is a very elegant solution to supplement a game room with games I most likely won't ever have (unless I win the lottery or something...). Sorry for rambling on and on like this, I'll shut up now.

#8404 7 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Have you considered installment a RunDMD clock in the box?

That looks amazing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this only work for normal pin-sized DMDs?

#8406 7 years ago
    Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Cool idea.
    You could mount a small LCD screen where the DMD normally goes, run a PC to the screen with Visual PinMAME running the Medieval Madness Rom in attract mode

That's a good idea, too! I'm working on a few interesting solutions. I'll definitely post updates as I go. The solution with an Arduino is my preferred route as I've got experience with configuring it, and it can run both the sounds and the lights. The image is going to be the biggest challenge, and it'll most likely end up being static. :/

#8410 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

So cool... where did you get those mini-translites?
    PS: Dude, with TZ, TotAN, CtBL and TAF, you already got the cream of the pinball crop!

Ministry of Pinball. Some are out of stock now.
    The covers for the cabinet you have look amazing!!! I teared up a bit when I saw your EATPM - I just sold mine today!
    TZ, TOTAN, CFTBL, TAF is, in my opinion, an amazing collection. My "dream team" would be enlarged by MM and TOM.

#8422 7 years ago

That's it, for now... Going TAF hunting in December!

IMG_1051 (resized).JPGIMG_1051 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snowvictim.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=snowvictim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.