Topic Stats

• 23,853 posts - Hot topic!
  • 2,345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by pinballslave
  • Topic is favorited by 1,121 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6198 (resized).jpeg
    bikes1 (resized).jpg
    adcc8631-0ad1-436f-bac6-b92e38c5e4b1 (resized).jpg
    cde76292-235b-4aeb-93ad-e03a4f86cf0e (resized).jpg
    396724a8-c984-4b78-823c-5182cb817327 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205403289 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205413200 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205452551 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205433432 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205443930 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205502934 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205514994 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205521414 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205546968 (resized).jpg
    20240421_204123 (resized).jpg
    20240421_210141 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shrimppimp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17687 2 years ago

We've been busy over the past 18 months as we finished the completion of our billiard and game room. We initially had three powered media chairs centered on the 80" TV but we quickly realized that weeks go by and we don't even turn the TV on. So we yanked the seating out to make room for more pins and the wife wanted ski-ball. We play pinball 7 days a week since the game room is located above our distribution facility and we work from home.

I have two Sonus subwoofers in the game room and Origin Acoustics speakers in the ceiling so when not gaming it sounds great. Just off the game room is cigar lounge with in ceiling smoke eliminator and built in digital humidor. Each room in the building is served by its own mini-split HVAC system so there is ZERO chance of any smoke spreading through ductwork. There is really no evidence of anyone ever smoking in the lounge. The solid exterior door has weatherstripping and the 25 pound block of charcoal in the smoke eliminator is totally effective. (I've never smoked a cigarette, so smoke is a pet peeve of mine and I only enjoy the occasional cigar.

When I was dreaming up ideas for the game room my wife kept saying I was going overboard. Then Covid hit and our house became the favorite local hangout for our friends and family. We have two beers on draft as well as a 12ft shuffleboard table to the left of the pins. I have yet to figure out where to put my Mandalorian LE and Iron Man Premium I have coming in the next few months.

Game Room May (resized).jpgGame Room May (resized).jpgGamr Room May 26 (resized).jpgGamr Room May 26 (resized).jpgGuitars on top (resized).jpgGuitars on top (resized).jpgHot Rod Mural (resized).jpgHot Rod Mural (resized).jpgHumidor (resized).jpgHumidor (resized).jpgPins Left View (resized).jpgPins Left View (resized).jpgPool Table (resized).jpgPool Table (resized).jpgQuote on Wall (resized).jpgQuote on Wall (resized).jpg
    3 months later
    #18139 2 years ago

We've added a few pins over the past few months, but we're not done yet. Waiting on Iron Maiden Premium pin and a Jurassic Park Arcade sit down two player game to arrive this month. They are going in what used to be the exercise room located adjacent to the cigar room. Still have a few more items to hang on the walls but it's coming together.

Aug Billards and Pins (resized).jpgAug Billards and Pins (resized).jpgAug Right side (resized).jpgAug Right side (resized).jpgAug Row of Pins (resized).jpgAug Row of Pins (resized).jpgDoor and BBL Heads (resized).jpgDoor and BBL Heads (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2021-05-15 at 8.58.00 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-05-15 at 8.58.00 AM (resized).pngStern LED (resized).jpgStern LED (resized).jpg

IMG_1575 (resized).jpgIMG_1575 (resized).jpgIMG_1570 (resized).jpgIMG_1570 (resized).jpgIMG_1568 (resized).jpgIMG_1568 (resized).jpg
    #18143 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Wait, you’re not who I think you are, are you? Based on your screen name and the LRS logo on the back, I’m pretty sure we’ve spoke on the phone before.
    I have one of yours shirts you sent me a few years back. I still wear it.

That's me! I founded LRSFoods.com based out of North Carolina. Funny thing is I got bored with aquariums a few years ago, gave them all away and now I'm deep in the pinball addiction. The game room is actually on top of our new distribution building which we built on our farm 2 years ago. It was designed as a billiard and media room, but we ripped out the media seating and added more pins. I never watch TV much anyway so this is a lot more fun.

My wife initially was giving me a hard time about going so overboard with the game room. Then the pandemic hit and we literally had the only "bar" open for a while. We have beer on draft so there wasn't much else we needed. Sneaking upstairs to play after a long pack and ship day is awesome.

Shipping Aug (resized).jpgShipping Aug (resized).jpg
    #18145 2 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Too funny, I use your food. Nice to know I’m supporting pinball.

Thank you we really appreciate it. With everyone stuck inside for the past 2 years the aquarium industry has boomed like crazy. Sales across the board for many manufacturers were up 150-200% compared to 2018-9. With no vacations or fun things to do during the first 6 months of the pandemic we just acquired pins to keep us entertained.

#18157 2 years ago
    Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Great looking room! I have to ask, does the Skee-Ball get much play? My wife loves them and I've always thought it would be fun to get one for her some day - but she's worried that the novelty would wear off after having one at home and we'd end up not really playing it. How are you getting on with it?

Honestly, everyone said "I love Skee-Ball" so I pulled the trigger and got one at my wife's request. It rarely gets played and when it does get used it is so loud it gets on my nerves when I'm playing the pins. It's probably going to be sold to make room for another pin, and my wife is onboard with that decision. Someone will get a good deal on a barely played Skee-Ball game!

#18170 2 years ago

How do you like that Jurassic Park Arcade? That is my wife's favorite game at our local arcade. I have one on order arriving this month as a surprise for her 50th Birthday. My 4 year old grandson is gonna go crazy when he sees it. Nice game room!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shrimppimp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=shrimppimp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.