Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scootss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15511 3 years ago

This is very cool. Thanks for sharing your stories.

Sega CD holds a special spot in my heart. Night trap, sewer shark... what was it like to program for that?

2 months later
    #15979 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I live in a tiny house in a shed with no heater or airconditioner, let alone a machine to take the humidity out of the air.

A shed with 20 pins? count me in!

1 month later
    #16198 3 years ago

Anyone have a megatouch wallette? In particular, one they're looking to get rid of...?

3 weeks later
    #16332 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

It'd still be here if it wasn't such high maintenance.

Anything in particular that caused the headaches? I have a DE JP that has been relatively trouble free and was thinking Tommy would be an easy leap...

2 months later
    #16836 3 years ago

After this weekend's addition of Aerosmith and the sorting of the Megatouch, it's starting to come together.

Any suggestions for another arcade next to JP? No more pins (for now )

IMG_0418 (resized).jpegIMG_0418 (resized).jpegIMG_0420 (resized).jpegIMG_0420 (resized).jpeg
    #16840 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Oooooh! I so want that CD Jukebox. Sweet room!

Thanks! They’re available for not too much (compared to a pin at least!). I added a Sonos Port inside so it connects to the rest of the audio in the house.

Quoted from Mikespinball:

Nice game room, but I would definitely move the pinball machines away from the windows and put some shades on windows as it will definitely cause sun fading damage.

Thanks. Totally agree. Blinds are on order and they’re covered in the meantime. (I almost didn’t post pics until the shades were up for this exact reason

#16843 3 years ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

Wait... how long is that shuffle board?? Is that competition standard size 22 feet!

I wish! It's a 12 footer. Long enough to make it interesting without taking up the whole room.

6 months later
    #18067 2 years ago
    Quoted from berki089:

My nice little collection… Deadpool is my latest addition and I love it

Is that projector facing into the next room? Care to share a pic? In the early stages of a home theater design and looking for inspiration

#18077 2 years ago

Spyderturbo007 gorditas Purdue berki089

Thank you! Thank you! This the type of encouragement I need

The basement is already finished, but it's now a matter of turning it from kids playroom into tween/teen/dad hangout.

The pic below gives a sense of space. The gym is staying (I know...opportunity for more pins!) and the screen (120") is our outdoor screen currently inside...

Any ideas are appreciated!
    IMG_1982 (1) (resized).jpegIMG_1982 (1) (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
    #18232 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

I was also confused, I thought they were about 6ft tall at first and the top of the door was visible, but then I realised that what I thought was the top of the door was actually the underneath of a shelf that they are under next to the floor, and that their actual flyer size... so to see them up close, best is to lie on the floor...

Clearly it’s an arcade for ants. Duh.

121A9940-EC7C-4431-9BEC-CD55504E6DCD (resized).jpeg121A9940-EC7C-4431-9BEC-CD55504E6DCD (resized).jpeg
    4 months later
    #19207 2 years ago
    Quoted from sponjey:

I can't believe I actually have one now, and hope to find my other 2 all-time favs: DE Jurassic Park 1993 and Williams Indiana Jones 1993.

Congrats! I have a nice DE JP w/ Color DMD & PinSound that I'll be selling soon to make room. In case you're interested in expanding that collection sooner rather than later

3 weeks later
    #19398 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballdork:

'Special When Lit' goes to my wife, for playing along with the "Just One More Machine" fallacy.

Very nice! Where did you get that WCS topper?

1 month later
    #19818 2 years ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

A quick look made me think you had a Daytona AND Super Sprint! almost had a heart attack. Never played Off Road.

Off Road is the most fun of the three in my view. The steering wheel spins fully (and its basically required that you do so), it can turn into mayhem - driving wrong way, etc. Very re-playable, too.

Anyone have one for sale in the northeast?

1 month later
    #20130 1 year ago
    Quoted from palmab03:

how do you like the Megatouch? I'm thinking of getting one sometime soon due to nostalgia , but haven't looked into whether I could just play everything on there on an ipad easily enough.

Mine gets a ton of play. Something for everyone when the family is over (and is the hands-down favorite among the grandma crowd).

Yes, you can get a lot of those types of games on an iPad, but for ease-of-use and approachability, it can't be beat. And compared to the price of a pin...priced right! (~$500 for a late model LCD version)

#20176 1 year ago

Made some changes. Some quick pics here.

I like your style. How would you rate mousin' vs earthshaker in a home environment?

Both are on my list.

#20180 1 year ago

I find them very different. If I had to pick, it would be Earthshaker, but Mousin' is good fun and the ball lock traps are super cool. I like the music on Mousin Around. it's really upbeat and catchy. That said, Earthshaker is just plain awesome. Great sounds, music, and gameplay.

Both are staying.

Chris

Thanks. In the arcade, I love them both. The other one on my mind of that era is Roller Games, but it is tough to choose!

1 week later
    #20230 1 year ago
    Quoted from palmab03:

Really like the East Dock sign

Came to say the same thing. The legit-ness of it is really awesome. Looks like it came straight from the park

2 months later
    #20589 1 year ago

Help with picking my next game, please...

We are looking to add a non-pinball game for more variety. The space in question is behind the couch, along the wall. With Arcade Legends moved to one side, there is approx 90 inches (7.5 ft) along the wall and 69 inches from wall to couch.

We also have a megatouch that is behind the jukbox (not shown in the pic).

(and yes, I know and worry about the pin next to the windows, but it is a vacation house and they spend most of their lives covered with the blinds closed)

I have some ideas, but didn't want to bias the opinions yet

thanks!

IMG_0418 (resized).jpegIMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
    #20603 1 year ago

Thanks for all the comments!

Some additional info...that pic is a bit old. Current pins in that room are Aerosmith & Stern JP. I also have a World Cup Soccer and Godzilla (so have the 90s B/W covered

- Driving game...yes! But I don't have enough room for a sit-down model (let alone a pair). Was on the hunt for an Ivan Stewart's Super Off-road

- Shooting game...yes! Maybe BBH, but I have always been a fan of Point Blank

- Skill Roll/ICB/Zeke's...hadn't considered it. Would have to play some first.

#20606 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Rail shooters like T2 are so boring - replay is terrible.

Agreed. As an Aerosmith fan, I lust after a Revolution X...but same problem.

Point Blank and Big Buck Hunter are random/varied, right?

1 week later
    #20646 1 year ago

That rug honestly ties the room together. Nice work!

1 week later
    #20699 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ballderdash:

Buy a tornado. Don’t waste time with other brands. Check craigslist for used.

This is good advice. Tornados really are the best.

But...I got this one* for my kids because I wasn't sure how much they would play it (answer: not much), and I have been quite happy with it. Sturdy enough and plays well if you don't want to go all-in on the tornado.

*looks like a slightly newer model than what I have, but mine has held up well for the last 5 yrs
    https://www.wayfair.com/ESPN--ESPN-56-Foosball-Soccer-Table-with-Playing-Accessories-SOC056_218E-L1305-K~EASP1001.html

3 weeks later
    #20838 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:Maybe an Aerosmith Premium, if I can find one.

One game where you really don't need the premium. The Pro is a great, flowy shooter and the upper playfield doesn't add much.

How do you like Tommy? Been on my list for a while...

#20844 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

I really like the Tommy with the Pinsound and the music changed over to the Who. Original isn't that great with the musical soundtrack.

I have a pinsound board waiting just for this purpose. Gotta have the sound upgrade.

2 weeks later
    #20918 1 year ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Thanks! I'm on the hunt for those chasing lights they would have in arcades in the 80's. You know the ones, about every 80's movie had them. Left over from the disco era.

When we used to throw Studio 54 parties we built our own using something like this.
    https://www.amazon.com/Elation-T4-Four-Channel-Chase-Controller/dp/B0002DNW5A

Basically plug in whatever lights you want and it cycles through them. We built our own awning/pergola with globe lights mounted to it above the entrance.

2 months later
    #21505 1 year ago

Since we’re talking drummers, you may want to watch Count Me In. Very enjoyable if you’re into drumming or music documentaries.

https://www.netflix.com/us/title/81450094

3 months later
    #22049 11 months ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Now, with added FFLE goodness. I’ll have to swing FFLE long ways, once Pulp Fiction is actually ready, months/years from now.

Blankets are a necessity, since the dogs want the windows open all of the time. Small price to pay.

Everyone usually chimes in and asks for pics with the games on. In this case, I'd just settle for the blankets being removed

great collection!

#22061 11 months ago

Now you're talkin! Looks great!

1 month later
    #22232 10 months ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

I built it from a kit. It was a fun little project.

Love it! Can you share any more info?

#22236 10 months ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I've actually looked at a few soldering kit clocks to practice soldering but have not pulled the trigger on one.

Since the amazing BTTF kit does not require soldering, I'd recommend this:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0711MHKDZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

I bought it before I needed to do some board work and this was great to practice on.

IIRC, the instructions weren't great, so I followed this video (or one similar):

2 months later
    #22565 8 months ago

That cabinet really ties the room together. Love it!

2 months later
    #22926 5 months ago
    Quoted from Jace:

Game room finally coming together . Still a way to go, but happy how it’s turning out.

Looks great! We have similar wire/open lights and moved to edison-style bulbs. You can get a similar amount of light with the LED ones, but they look better in that style of light fixture.

something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Equivalent-Non-Dimmable-Filament-Protection-Bathroom/dp/B07VYJJ29M/ref=sr_1_3_sspa
    (you can try different brightness and color warmth to get the look that you want)

#22969 5 months ago
    Quoted from alienagent:

Approx 10 sqft in a sqm. So just drop a zero. Around 850 sqm.

This seems relevant:

2 months later
    #23557 78 days ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

How often does your shuffleboard get played. The wife and I are actually thinking of picking one up. Good beer drinking game.

Mine gets a ton of use. When you have people over, it is good to have non-pinball, not electronic options (or so my wife says!)

But seriously, people love it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scootss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=scootss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.