Topic Stats

• 23,729 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 minutes ago by BubbaK
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240329_010145474 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240329_010155166 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6895 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6906 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6907 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6908 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3019 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I have just the spot for a urinal in my basement bathroom.
    I'm worried about piss all over my floor, we like to get black out drunk in my basement.
    How is the urine vs floor situation for you?
    Serious question

I like how you roll.

Quoted from PW79:

I planned on installing a sticker inside the urinal to piss on like a target. Figured either a Chicago Cubs decal or 3 letters... IRS

Get the fly sticker they have in the airports. Works for me.

1 month later
    #3275 9 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Once was the library, when there was wife #1.
    Then it was the Hangar for Radio Controlled airplanes and turbine powered jets
    Now remarried its the game room.

aaa 002.jpg 59 KB

jets 009.jpg 108 KB

game room 005.JPG 57 KB

games 002.JPG 207 KB

games 001.JPG 193 KB

I'm rooting for wife #2.

2 months later
    #3576 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I lived in Overland Park for 13 years before moving to Texas 7 years ago. Overland Park has some of the best basements anywhere! Miss those the most since Texas has no basements. Is yours a walk out? I am betting that the pinballs will push the pool table out of the house within a year! Haha!

What's the deal with the KC area and basements? I know two people in Lee's Summit that have half court basketball courts in their basement, with full gymnasium ceiling. You walk down to the basement then there's more steps to the basketball court. Too bad neither are into pinball.

5 years later
    #16049 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

This is humble. His is insane awesome!
    [quoted image]

Yours looks good to me.

1 year later
    #19402 2 years ago
    Quoted from ViperTim:

Rearranged a little bit in the garage. But still not satisfied.
    Oh well might be adding The Shadow to the line up soon so I’ll rearrange them by then.
    My wife is strong and only pin she had troubles with was Big Guns as the cabinet is quite low on it.
    [quoted image]

I don't know why it never dawned on me, but seeing you RFM made realize if I get a Pin2K I can fit another pin in my small gameroom.

2 months later
    #19965 1 year ago

Here is my modest game / arcade room. It's our formal dining room. When we moved to our new house my wife and decided we never use a formal dining room, ever so why not use it as a game room. I have room for one pin, a couple Arcade1Ups, our boardgame / DnD mini fig and prop shelf, and boardgame table (It's a Game Topper, LLC). I know, I need to get UV filter on that window ASAP. My Baywatch is already faded though.

IMG_20220501_145825778 (resized).jpgIMG_20220501_145825778 (resized).jpg

#19967 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Fuck the furniture off that you never use and you'll fit 6 or 8 pins in there.

I hear yeah, but we use that table all the time for board games and cards and the shelf is very much used as well. I have a semi-finished basement that I could populate with pins, but right now its still setup with kids stuff, it's not a walk-out, and has a turn going down the steps. Trucking a pin down there will be a pain.

#19970 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

How is Big Buck? I have a friend that likes the arcade game but can't afford one. I though of picking one of those up for him. Thx

We like it. I did the Dell 19" upgrade with the Tulsa Arcades bezel, which makes it better. The screen is small, but my kids don't care. Not sure if I would put the money in the upgrade if given the choice again. Other have modified the cabinet to add much bigger screens. The guns are definitely not as robust as the arcade. All in all for the faction of the cost of a real cabinet you get pretty much the same game, just smaller.

#19971 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Fuck the furniture off that you never use and you'll fit 6 or 8 pins in there.

Punkin it's natural that we all know each other on this forum even with very far distances between us. I was telling my wife and kids about your comments about removing the furniture for more pins. My wife said no way, we use that. I said, OK, let me find the pictures of Punkin's place so you can put in perspective. After searhing I found your series of pics and my whole family said your place is awesome.

Oh, I don't remember who it is, but whoever has the Terminator collection also gets huge likes from the family.

#19975 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

That's all nice for a single man, but i get your peps sitting round the table doing board games too.
    Was just when you said it wasn't used. I'm jealous.

Funny you say that because my wife said that guy must not be married, but your place looks like a ton of fun. She nixed the black light rug idea and any chance at a neon sign. All I get is my lava lamp.

#19982 1 year ago

You guys crack me up. I have to replace my HVAC right now, it's the cost of a Stern Premium. Not only space, but life gets in the way of more pins. I'm cool with what I have.

11 months later
    #21935 11 months ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

You guys with the BARS in your rooms any of you drink whiskey? I just bought a Smoker kit to try out, and so far.....Meh....not sure if I'm doing it right or how long you need to keep the smoke in the glass before taking the top off. Just going to keep experimenting I guess.

Calling @dblm

#21974 11 months ago

Back when they tried

2 weeks later
    #22137 10 months ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

No, but I'm trying to talk myself into starting a YouTube channel or whatever checking them out one by one. My fear is that the interest would be limited.

Why fear that? If you're bad then barely anyone will see

2 weeks later
    #22159 10 months ago

My man, you need...need one or both of the WWE/WWF pins, like right now.

2 weeks later
    #22307 9 months ago

Yeah, no topper clearance issues there.

#22322 9 months ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

Hard to photograph, but a couple translites, some plexiglass and some scrap wood fill the basement windows just about right, and natural backlight![quoted image][quoted image]

That's a great idea.

#22329 9 months ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Oh damn did the Darktower revamp finally come out? Wow

What you talking about Willis?

#22330 9 months ago

I'm a huge Dark Tower fan and thought it was cancelled after that shitty movie.

#22331 9 months ago

I think that was a boardgame.

3 weeks later
    #22487 8 months ago
    Quoted from uphamj:

Here is a little story on those fancy thermostats you can get/provided from the power company. I have a friend in Arizona and he found out that the power company was able to change the temperature setting on really hot days to save the stress on the power grid. So the question what else can they do.... Just makes you think a little bit.
    Ok back to Game Rooms lol.

They tell you this when you sign up for it. Not worth it at all.

#22494 8 months ago

I probably spend more with the Nest because I'm sitting on the couch thinking I'm warm and pull out my phone to drop a few degrees. I wouldn't have got up to physcially move the thermostat. It's convenient

3 months later
    #22918 5 months ago

I've seen a lot of different storage uses under pins, but never boardgames.

3 months later
    #23601 33 days ago

Nice view of the Mississippi river!

1 week later
    #23616 26 days ago
    Quoted from Niall:

[quoted image]

Those look great next to each other.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=ryanstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.