Topic Stats

• 23,818 posts
  • 2,344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by YippieKiYay
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_232536 (resized).jpg
    20240423_230401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11055 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

July walk-thru in my game room. Gadgets seem to have taken over. Constantly evolving.

Wow... what a room. So many questions... wish the walk through included commentary, you have so many interesting gadgets. Thanks for sharing.

1 week later
    #11117 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Yep, the basement is an LED free zone! I've even taken full LED sets out of games, I just prefer the original glow of incandescents.

Love it! Love the warm glow of incandescents. Great looking lineup.

#11198 5 years ago

The lens the photographer used is making a large room look even larger! I'm assuming a wide angle. Whatever the glass is on it though it takes beautiful pictures. Room looks great, I'll echo the thoughts on the blue counter top, very cool. Polished/epoxied concrete floor is nice, barn boards backing the dart board is great too, any miss shots will look right at home on the wall I'm guessing if it is distressed wood. This looks like a room you'd find in houzz for sure.

2 months later
    #11696 5 years ago
    Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I run a WTB ad that worked out well, plus lots or calls and emails.

Very awesome space! Love the banners too.

3 months later
    #12406 5 years ago
    Quoted from TorontoR:

7 Surrounds, 6 sub channels (2 SVS PB-2000s subs, 4 Aura Bass shakers in the seats ), 4 ATMOS. I edited my post as thats too much information. Lots of power in that room.[quoted image]

Jeez man... that's a ton of power in those Emotiva's!!! You must be bi-amping your fronts? I've got mine bi-amped running an Emotiva XP5 in the front for my Axiom M80's and they sound darn amazing. Also have an SVS Cylinder sub, they make pretty great sub's! Your room must sound amazing!

2 weeks later
    #12523 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

amazon.com link »
    I paid $273 but here is the info.

Looks like BigBadToyStore has some in stock...

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/52965

I've used them before, good seller.

1 year later
    #16232 3 years ago
    Quoted from TUFLYF:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I feel like there may be a theatre behind one of those doors... amiright?

1 week later
    #16277 3 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

I say toss the pachinko and put the infinity mirror in its place. Your infinity mirror is quite nice. Well done.

Quoted from Nokoro:

I’ve been getting into electronics a bit as a hobby, and my latest project was making an infinity mirror. I programmed different modes with an Arduino and have a push button to change modes. I’m running out of places to put my projects so I decided to try to find space for this one in my game room. It fits well under the pachinko machine, but I may ultimately want to find a better location.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think I'd hang it on the wall above the pachinko machine rather than the floor. It seems out of place down there... but at the same time I'd put the pachinko machine on the wall too.

6 months later
    #17564 2 years ago
    Quoted from investingdad:

I’m curious, but how many people with finished game rooms like this (if it’s part of a finished basement) also added a bedroom?
    I know this is an odd question, but on another forum I belong to whenever somebody posts about input on a finished basement people always chime in about, “don’t forget a bedroom and full bathroom with shower, you’ll want that”.
    No, no I don’t want that. When I finished our basement it was to make a game room / rec room... pinball area, air hockey area, billiard table centerpiece, big sectional sofa with large flat screen for movies and video games. Tasteful decor rather than arcade feel (wife wouldn’t go for that).
    When I hired the contractor... where are you putting the bedroom? In-laws, full shower?
    NO!! It’s a god—— game room and I don’t care about resale value to some future family that buys our house after my wife and I join the dearly departed.

We were told the same thing when getting quotes to have ours finished, we had 5 quotes in the end and 4 out of the 5 said you need a bedroom and a bathroom down here. We smiled and said there is a bathroom 13 steps from the basement, we want to maximize the space for our needs. The response inevitable was the same as yours was, you should think about resale and that is a fair argument to make, naturally an argument that mostly benefits the additional cost they get to charge as opposed to me when I go to sell the house. 4 out of the 5 contractors also said we didn't need to pull a permit... it was fine. We went with the one contractor who listened to what we wanted and wouldn't do the work without pulling a permit.

1 month later
    #17846 2 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

My friends at BuffaloPinball dropped by over the weekend and filmed a tour of my game room

Great great video, thank you for sharing. Wonderful collection, nice to see a Fathom in there!

#17861 2 years ago
    Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Slowly but surely getting there.
    [quoted image]

Nice arcade collection, that Jam needs more room on the ends though! Played that game wayyyy too much in the arcade. 4 player games like Jam and Blitz are underrated

#17894 2 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

I had posted pics of my old basement game room many years ago. Last year I moved to SW Florida and built a separate building out back with 2 car garage and made a nice game room out of remaining space. I’m such a nut I covered the only window with a huge Guinness mirror lol. Still not complete as I’m missing my jukebox being fixed 1 pin Zep premium & arcade legends 3. Have to make room maybe move dart board to other side.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a really great room, that McIntosh gear is awesome! I will own some green glow one day

1 week later
    #18006 2 years ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

Just watched a "Supercarblondie " episode on youtube . She was at " The richest you tubers " house - - Jeffree Star ! A must watch if you like Pink cars ! But at the end 11:49 they show one serious pinball room !!!

Thanks for the heads up, that was an enjoyable video. Wonderful cars and some great pins… even a Supreme on the end.

#18011 2 years ago
    Quoted from semicolin:

Before
    [quoted image]
    And after
    [quoted image]
    Have to move the games back in, but first I have some touch up to do after the carpet installers.

Cool take on the black light carpet, haven't seen a dinosaur bone version before.

7 months later
    #19660 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Other than the Beatles, I finally completed the spike 3 Limited Edition row. All of them are connected online except Batman 66 LE and Star wars LE. Because they have different aprons. Just waiting on stern to release them,and the latest Toppers and everything will be perfect.
    The New Mandalorian code just dropped, can't wait to take it online as well. If anyone is ever in Lincoln City Oregon hit me up.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Me quickly running to check flights to Lincoln City, OR! Any cheap hotels near by? I'll need somewhere to sleep and clean

#19667 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Hotel's are everywhere around here. Its a tourist town right on the Oregon coast. Game Over Arcade is just a couple blocks from the ocean up on HWY 101. Come on out!

I actually went and googled your place after reading your post... which sent me down a rabbit hole of looking at properties for sale on the ocean... my wife has always loved that area, we spent a short time working together in Springfield, which looks to be not that far away. We're over due a visit to the area so I will add it to the list of places to visit!

3 months later
    #20322 1 year ago
    Quoted from Eagle14:

Batcave is almost finished.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I love the banners, think they look great behind the games. Would defiantly do this if I had a similar collection. I've also considered getting the banners for games I've owned in the past, just have no where to hang the darn things. Thanks for sharing.

1 month later
    #20495 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Got you by thirty years. I bought DP nib 4 years ago when i was 54. If i'd bought any other machine i'd probably still have 1 instead of 26.

I'd guess that is pretty unique for sure, you are certainly old enough to have been around them... assuming they were in arcades, bowling ally's and bars in Australia when you were growing up... I'm 7 years younger than you and that was my exposure to them. I did play more arcades back then, but I played a good amount of pinball too. Maybe your parents did a better job of raising you when you were young and kept you out of those places

1 month later
    #20707 1 year ago

Personally I’d get a FABI or Roberto Sport. I don’t like tables where the rods extend through. I find Tornado tables clunky, their handles too wide/thick and the over all play slow. One persons opinion of course . Lots of love for the Tornado here.

#20714 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ballderdash:

Exactly what happened with me and foosball. Everyone plays half hearted and gets frustrated when I try to play well. Hard to find people with matched skills and interests to have real competition.

100% this both games are amazing when you've got good competition, but without it, it is boring for everyone involved. The younger kids still love both a lot though regardless of winning and losing, they just like to spin the rods for some reason... which incidentally is a good reason to get telescoping rods on a foosball table, little kids will spin and push those tornado rods like they're going out of business, can be quite the hazard for kids who are the same height as the rods, and for gentlemen who stand too close to the table and some kid on the other side slams a rod through.

3 weeks later
    #20839 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Here is where I am now. Also included my Fire! That is not in the lineup but I’m working on fixing up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Love the alternative backless on TWD, I had it too and kept it when I sold the game, to awesome to give away with it.

10 months later
    #22703 7 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Turns out $50 was enough to get it paying.
    [quoted image]

This is cool, never considered one in home use before, had no idea they dated as far back as they do. Generally speaking I'm not a big fan of redemption style games, but I like the physical nature of this one, most games have a configurable payout percentage, coin pushers leave me with the feeling they are more random... can you configure the payout on them at all?

#22705 7 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

If you do a youtube search on them they are cool as fuck.
    There is a rake vent on the sides of the 'playfield'. Everyone has their eyes on the lip and the coins hanging over the edge, but no one see's the slots at the sides where some coins are pushed into the collection box. It's a confidence trick.
    The design uses your own greed to cheat you and that's what makes it cool.
    I'm guessing that opening or closing the slots would change the rake.

You can see the vents on mine, once you know where to look.
    [quoted image]

Nice! There had to be an angle, love it. I spent a number of years in the online gambling space and the virtual slot machines we designed worked on the same principal as the old mechanical ones with simple stops on a reel, I spent some time studying old slots and loved it so I find all redemption (Gambling) devices interesting especially mechanical ones.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=roar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.