Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reznnate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10927 5 years ago

2 more months to go... I hope those 4x4's don't get knocked over....

IMG_1050 (resized).JPGIMG_1050 (resized).JPG
    9 months later
    #12995 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

I looked into the nanoleaf canvas, for one of my walls. Not a terribly large wall, and I think I came to the conclusion that it would have cost somewhere around $3500 to cover it... so I went with 60 of the triangles!

Discovered this today
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/photonlab/element-light-the-worlds-smartest-and-most-modular

#13007 5 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

I think you owe us some updated pics of your game room.
    We have been waiting to see what happened next.
    [quoted image]

Well, as some might expect, I ran into a few snags. LONG story.... I'll save it for when you join me for the grand opening....or if I see you at GS pinfest....
    Anyway, construction JUST restarted after being stalled for nearly 9mos. Yes, my house was sitting like that for nearly 9mos. \o/
    I've expanded the space a bit, and if the rain relents, things might be done in 3-4 more months. I'll post an updated pic soon.

8 months later
    #14305 4 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

VERY envious of you with basements. Here in California, I had to settle with creating a "gameroom" with half of my 4-car garage. The biggest annoyance I deal with is the fluctuating temperatures while trying to enjoy the space. In the Summers, it can get a little toasty, and in the Winters, you best bundle up!

Me too. I've had a half-garage setup for years and finally said F it and started building a basement. 2 years later, don't do it. Almost done, but holy hell, I should have just moved homes.

2 months later
    #14746 4 years ago

Lighting matters a lot...

IMG_2648 (resized).jpgIMG_2648 (resized).jpgIMG_2649 (resized).jpgIMG_2649 (resized).jpg
    #14750 4 years ago
    Quoted from okgrak:

Do the blankets help the machines make it through the cold winter nights?

Don't really have cold winter nights in my neighborhood. But covers help limit dust. Dust negates the benefit of invisi-glass.

8 months later
    #16139 3 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

Hey nighttaco ... I'm no flooring guy but I moved about 1.5 years ago and dealt with an unlevel floor. I've posted pics of my old place before, but haven't posted anything about my new (smaller) place yet.
    But regarding your floor question, my new place had some good quality flooring over a poorly leveled floor. The result is squishy floor where the level changes, which I found very unpleasant. I had it all pulled out and the floor leveled.
    I'd personally invest in getting it leveled.

I agree with this. I have this problem as well and I HATE IT. I did actually pay my contractor to level the floor (grinding high spots, leveling concrete for low spots) and he failed miserably. He installed the floor and it's still terrible. If I had to do it again, I'd find a competent contractor and either build a subfloor or put in tile if the floor isn't level.

1 month later
    #16572 3 years ago

Yep... I did that too. Started in Mar 2018 and finished (the setup pics below) in Jan 2020. I should have just moved to a different house... Thankfully mine was finished just before the epidemic hit.

IMG_1050 (resized).JPGIMG_1050 (resized).JPGIMG_1607 (resized).jpgIMG_1607 (resized).jpgIMG_2642 (resized).jpgIMG_2642 (resized).jpgIMG_2643 (resized).jpgIMG_2643 (resized).jpg
    #16574 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow that turned out Amazing and what a collection!

Thank you. I'm very happy with it and it's coming together as I've added art on the walls, filled the whiskey bar , and added some more comfortable furniture. There have been several game changes in the past year too. I can't wait for the epidemic to be over...

IMG_2841 (resized).jpgIMG_2841 (resized).jpgIMG_3022 (resized).jpgIMG_3022 (resized).jpg
    #16582 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did you not have a basement at all beforehand?

I did not. There are very few basements in the bay area CA...

2 weeks later
    #16652 3 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

Can you tell me what you’re using for surround lighting?

I'm using RGB LED strips with an aluminum channel similar to this one - https://www.amazon.com/Litever-Aluminum-Channels-Mounting-LL-020-WA/dp/B06Y2ZTPKV/

1 week later
    #16761 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

600 games seems like a lot. I have about 12,000 games at my disposal, but my MAME cab only has about 150 on it. Even that feels like too much at times. When selecting a game it becomes paralysis by analysis - just too many choices. I think about 100 is really the sweet spot.

I have ~400 'favorites' setup on mine. One of my favorite experiences was flipping through all the different arcade games, 2600 carts, etc. Mind you, 95% are terrible games you'll never want to see or play them again, but finding that fun, unknown, great game was a blast.

#16775 3 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

Curious to know what unknown great games you have found. Mine has 8000+ and when I first got it I was thinking I would play every game to find great games I had never played ... I never made it through 'A'. Lol

There are lots of 'great, less popular' game lists on the internet. It depends on your controls and taste in games. But here is a short list of less 'famous' games I found:

Rescue (2 joysticks, 1 button)
    Minefield (2 joysticks, 1 button)
    Motorace
    Trog
    Juno First
    Avalanche
    Uo Poko
    Timber
    Mad Planets (Tron controls - spinner, joystick+button)
    Zoo Keeper
    Konami Ping Pong

On Atari 2600, some of the recent homebrew games blew me away. For OG carts, Tron Adventure was a nice surprise.

1 year later
    #20952 1 year ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

YES!!! any twin stick shooter for me.
    This is the best one after all these years of playing them. Sam guy who made Robotron.

Nex Machina - it doesn't get better than Eugene + Housemarque.

On that note, check out their other game Resogun on PS4/PS5. It's a proper remake of Defender and it's fantastic.

9 months later
    #22596 8 months ago
    Quoted from lecter:

Hi guys! I used to upload some pictures of my game room, but I've just made a new light board, put in more movie boards and a chess table
    I wish my country were as rich as the US - I would be able to create such impressive game rooms as yours! Anyway, I am working hard and in the future.... who knows Best regards guys!!!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the Workbench poster!

4 months later
    #23204 4 months ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I had four sump pumps in my basement in Illinois, two of which discharged into the sewage system. They couldn't keep up with the incoming rain, no matter what I did. My house was at the end of a street, and happened to be at the lowest point, so it was pretty much hopeless during a monsoon storm.
    Now, I reside 5000 feet above sea level, and can actually sleep at night whenever the big storm hits. Dry as a bone in the game room...woo hoo!
    Sometimes I wonder if water does more damage than fire.

I had a similar issue but was related to broken/horrible drainage on my lot (f'ing horrible contractors!!!!) Dug up my entire yard, re-plumbed everything (again) and things have been much, much better.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reznnate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=reznnate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.