Topic Stats

• 23,814 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retrogamerjp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9139 6 years ago

Here is ours at the moment ... I have a couple more games I am working on at the moment (STUN Runner and Simpsons 4 Player) but other that that I'm "done:

IMG_0569 (resized).JPGIMG_0569 (resized).JPG

IMG_0570 (resized).JPGIMG_0570 (resized).JPG

IMG_0571 (resized).JPGIMG_0571 (resized).JPG

IMG_0572 (resized).JPGIMG_0572 (resized).JPG

IMG_0574 (resized).JPGIMG_0574 (resized).JPG

IMG_0575 (resized).JPGIMG_0575 (resized).JPG

#9147 6 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I keep looking at it trying to figure out if the whole thing is CG.

Thanks guys --- no CGI here, just a little OCD when it comes to cable management. I also have PS3/PS4/XBOX1/WiiU wired into the cubbies under the TV. there rest of the compartments is where I stash he controllers, games, movies etc. Here are some more pics with everything on.

IMG_0576 (resized).JPGIMG_0576 (resized).JPG

IMG_0578 (resized).JPGIMG_0578 (resized).JPG

IMG_0577 (resized).JPGIMG_0577 (resized).JPG

IMG_0579 (resized).JPGIMG_0579 (resized).JPG

IMG_0581 (resized).JPGIMG_0581 (resized).JPG

IMG_0582 (resized).JPGIMG_0582 (resized).JPG

IMG_0583 (resized).JPGIMG_0583 (resized).JPG

IMG_0584 (resized).JPGIMG_0584 (resized).JPG

IMG_0588 (resized).JPGIMG_0588 (resized).JPG

IMG_0585 (resized).JPGIMG_0585 (resized).JPG

IMG_0589 (resized).JPGIMG_0589 (resized).JPG

IMG_0599 (resized).JPGIMG_0599 (resized).JPG

IMG_0602 (resized).JPGIMG_0602 (resized).JPG

IMG_0600 (resized).JPGIMG_0600 (resized).JPG

#9150 6 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Ooooh let's guess. I'd say 26'x12' and pin room is 8'x12'

close. large room is 36' x 14' and the pinball room is 10' x 12'

2 years later
    #15357 3 years ago

Here is mine when it was at it's peak... I sold off most of the vids a while ago and it's been a revolving door of pins ever since. Each time I think I'm getting out of the hobby, pinball drags me back in. For the video games, it was nostalgia and the enjoyment of restoring them all to minty fresh, but then once I finished them all, I realized we never played them, so eventually decided it was time to move them on.

Now what was the dedicated pinball room (which only had room for 4 pins) is now my wife's workout room and I have the entire rest of the basement for pins which is blessing and a curse.

IMG_0600 (resized).JPGIMG_0600 (resized).JPGIMG_0602 (resized).JPGIMG_0602 (resized).JPGIMG_0599 (resized).JPGIMG_0599 (resized).JPGIMG_0601 (resized).JPGIMG_0601 (resized).JPGIMG_0575 (resized).JPGIMG_0575 (resized).JPGIMG_0582 (resized).JPGIMG_0582 (resized).JPGIMG_0583 (resized).JPGIMG_0583 (resized).JPGIMG_0574 (resized).JPGIMG_0574 (resized).JPG
    1 month later
    #15615 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Ordered the margarita girl single commercial unit for my birthday. Should be cool and something different.
    Still looking for commercial wall mounted breathalyzer if anyone has a lead on one.
    Still need to posts some pics of the game house as I have added and move some stufff around since posting. Here is one quick on of the crusin blasts I added.[quoted image][quoted image]

I just added a Crusin Blast as well... also finished repair and restoration on my Razing Storm...

IMG_8515 (resized).jpgIMG_8515 (resized).jpgIMG_8417 (resized).jpgIMG_8417 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #15871 3 years ago

Things change in our game-room quite a bit, but here is the current lineup. Going to have to move things around to make room for Avengers. Not sure why the LED strips in TV room photograph so strong, perhaps one-day I will learn to use my iPhone Camera properly.

The Spectrum Analyzer isn't a game but still fun to watch and is always a popular conversation point when people visit for fist time...

IMG_9165 (resized).jpgIMG_9165 (resized).jpgIMG_9164 (resized).jpgIMG_9164 (resized).jpgIMG_9162 (resized).jpgIMG_9162 (resized).jpgIMG_9163 (resized).jpgIMG_9163 (resized).jpgIMG_9158 (resized).jpgIMG_9158 (resized).jpgIMG_9161 (resized).jpgIMG_9161 (resized).jpgIMG_9167 (resized).jpgIMG_9167 (resized).jpgIMG_9173 (resized).jpgIMG_9173 (resized).jpgIMG_9174 (resized).jpgIMG_9174 (resized).jpg
    #15873 3 years ago
    Quoted from tacreno:

omg where do you get that equalizer?

Its a custom build ... pretty involved but definitely worth it. Here is the tutorial I followed:

#15877 3 years ago
    Quoted from Medic:

that's a cool basement. Thanks for sharing. You should make a video showing all your cool toys

THANK YOU! ... I will try to make a vid in the near future.

#15878 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

what is the pong table thing?

its a mechanical version of PONG ... super fun and cool rendition of the classic game. There is an owners thread here on Pinside I believe.

#15880 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Way way beyond my abilities. You ever considered making more?

I am currently building a second one and changing up design a bit so I will sell this one at some point. After that I’m done lol... too much damn sanding for the blocks. It takes several hours to do the 280 blocks correctly.

#15894 3 years ago
    Quoted from evileye:

Man, your game room has completely changed from your prime KLOV days! I love it, everything about it, keep up the great work!

Thanks man! ... it has basically evolved into more of what we actually play instead of several machines that were great to look at, but didn't get much love.

#15897 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Lots of love for the cruisin blasts in the last few pages. I have pair and the kids love them.

Out of all the driving games I have had in and out of the basement... Crusin' Blast has been THE family favorite. It's such a wild ride and even non-driving game fans love it.

#15900 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Can you tell me a little bit about the slots you have? I get my dad a new slot machine every year and those look pretty cool. Do you mind me asking what those costs? Where you got them? How tall are they?
    Room looks great!

Sure thing, I'll shoot you a PM...

#15902 3 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

We had a professional photographer come and take pics recently. Personally, I think his pics and/or editing are terrible. The colors aren't right, the pics are all too bright and the games are "ballooned" and made wider by some weird lense.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW - good pics / bad pics ... it all looks fantastic. That's quite a collection!

#15941 3 years ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

For those who have finished their own rooms- I’m about to drywall. Is ceiling insulation + drywalling the ceiling enough to dampen the sound coming up to the next floor?
    I keep reading about double layer drywall with Green a Glue in between, but I think it’s overkill. I’m not looking for silent, just quieting it a little.

This probably wont help but I have a drop ceiling with no insulation above it and I cannot hear any game activity upstairs.

#15973 3 years ago

When I finished the basement I bit the bullet and paid $1200 (installed) for a "whole home" dehumidifier unit that work in tandem with my basement HVAC and it was the best investment I could have made. It uses the same vent / returns as the the current system and ties into the existing condensate pump. It comes on automatically to maintain whatever humidity level you set. Never have to empty it and just change the filter on it same schedule as the main unit. Have never had to deal with humid or musty basement, it literally feels like the rest of the house regardless of the weather or seasons.

1 month later
    #16350 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I don't get it? You are spending time and effort to play commercials in your home? And it's for past events?
    Not a criticism, i just try really hard to avoid commercials and don't listen to commercial radio or watch television for that very reason and don't understand why someone would want commercials playing in a room they are in.

If you are a movie fan, trailers (and posters) are not seen as commercials, but rather nostalgic works of art.

1 week later
    #16471 3 years ago
    Quoted from Maverick203b:

Just got into the hobby about 4 months ago. Only have room for 3 pins right now and picked up Elvira today to complete the collection.
    [quoted image]

Damn fine way to jumpstart the collection.

#16485 3 years ago
    Quoted from I-Closed-Wolskis:

I have a question for any Do it Yourselfers out there. I'm starting to finish a section of my basement for a gameroom/bar. Insulating with 2 inch foamboard and framing with 2 X 3 wood studs. I was going to use foamboard adhesive to glue the foamboard directly to the basement wall foundation, however, I already built the frame for the wall as well, so do I even need to glue/adhere the foamboard to the foundation wall?...or can I just butt the wood frame up against the foamboard, nail the frame into place and not even need to adhere or fasten the foamboard to the foundation wall? The foamboard will essentially be "stuck" in place between the nailed up stud frame and the foundation wall. This would save some of my elbow grease and cash on foamboard adhesive. I tried to google this info on the internets but it is hard to explain the situation in and search this info in a few words and phrases, so came here looking for advice, if anyone has a link to a website that has advice that would be great as well. I posted some pics to give a better understanding on what I am doing.
    Also, would just like to say that this thread has inspired me, lots of awesomeness here, and will be posting my progress throughout the winter/spring.
    Thanks!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I did very similar in my basement. I just used the wall framing to hold foam flush against the cinderblock. You will want to tape all of the seams of the foam though. This is what I was instructed to use and it worked out well

https://www.amazon.com/Tuck-Tape-Construction-Grade-Sheathing/dp/B01N6L7FK0/ref=sr_1_5

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retrogamerjp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.