Topic Stats

• 13,897 posts
  • 1,710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 709 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,377 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15688473187176823571493391847452 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_184847751 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_184946184 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_184920596 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_185013953 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_184958527 (resized).jpg
    20190917_125326 (resized).jpg
    FAA2C6BB-D1A2-4A77-963B-51585A9DA6C9 (resized).jpeg
    received_641975349614799 (resized).jpeg
    received_1764228700379749 (resized).jpeg
    received_512930622841088 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190913_104804775 (resized).jpg
    0589A254-C51A-4AE6-AD4B-E4264AF4F2DC (resized).jpeg
    5B54F353-17B7-4E88-9D89-2EC39501167A (resized).jpeg
    20190915_165520 (resized).jpg
    20190915_165527 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radium.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4894 4 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Thank you . I will disappoint most when I say that I plan to put 3-4 in that lil' cubby hole to the far left opposite the foot of the stairs, and that will probably be it.
    Search for my name in this thread, and you'll see there are a lot of posts explaining that I plan to hold the line at 4 and keep room for my other hobbies .
    Getting that 7ft Valley ZD-8 pool table (read: 1 piece slate) is going to be a "good time" down those stairs. I plan to go get some 2x4s, some truss supports, and cut them at angles to support the stairs. The pool table is 700 lbs and with 4-5 guys working it down the stairs, the stairs will need some support or we risk them bowing.

Why didn't you put the slate down there first and build around it?

10 months later
    #6979 3 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

My brother took some pics of my place when he was here last week. It's being hired out for its first "corporate" gig. His company is having their summer party/cookout at my place, and they wanted some pictures of it before making their decision.

This is awesome. I love game rooms like this that look crowded with detail and character. Everything looks like it belongs where it sits. Good job.

2 months later
    #7420 2 years ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Nice - what did you use for insulation in the pole barn?

I'd like to know this as well. Been thinking about ways to convert a pole barn turned into a decent pinball barn.

#7426 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spock:

You mean like the scene form "requiem for a dream"?
    Was really hard to find a non-R rated photo of this scene, this will have to do...
    "I went ahead and flagged this image as un-safe for work. But they are only barbies."

This is amazing, thanks for sharing.

2 weeks later
    #7520 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Here's my small but cozy 10' x 9' spare bedroom. Just enough room for a couch, tv and 2 pins. Could add another pin but would have to hang the tv. Still have a couple more neons to hang.

So you sit there and play virtual pinball in front of your real pins? That's like cheating on your wife right in front of her!

8 months later
    #8901 2 years ago
    Quoted from frb:

I loved the arcades back in the day. Every one I was ever at was plastered with no refunds.

Is that "house rules" sign a caddyshack reference? Noice

1 month later
    #9107 2 years ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

Entrance to house. Instead of formal living and dining room a game room.

That shade of white is awesome. I'm trying to get that look in my room... picking white paint colors is hard.

#9149 2 years ago
    Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Great collection, love the arcade selection. What are the dimensions of your room?

Ooooh let's guess. I'd say 26'x12' and pin room is 8'x12'

3 months later
    #9811 1 year ago
    Quoted from Groo:

The pinball corner of my game room. Room for one more real machine to the right of my mini.

I don't know man, looks like room for three more pins to me. Sell that other stuff.

1 week later
    #9909 1 year ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Spent all day removing the duck border in my gameroom. Finally figured out how to get it to come off cleanly.

Damn, I spent all day putting IN a duck border

#9925 1 year ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Alright so I am working on my gameroom right now and just had a drywall guy come out to my house to give me an estimate and say that the drywall might crack a lot if you don't keep the heat above 60 in the gameroom. I just built a separate garage behind my house and it's heated but I keep it to about 50 degrees when I am not in it but when I go out to work on pins or play I turn the heat up to 65ish.. Just trying to decide weather I do drywall or tongue and grove. You guys ever have problems with drywall cracking a lot?

Above 60?! Did they say why? The house I'm in now was vacant two years during a estate dispute and was exposed to at least 20's here in winter. Never any problem.

Maybe he meant it needs to be 60+ while the joints dry?

#9952 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinballer:

When I needed more space in our basement for pins I made a serious effort to show that I was interested in another expensive hobby, in my case I chose snowmobiling. I even setup appointments to go with my wife to look at sleds. Right before our first viewing at a dealer she turned to me and said she didn't want me to go snowmobiling because I would spend too much time on the trails away from the family. We then made a deal for me to possibly get a sled when the kids are older and I could move out a couch immediately to move 4 pins into 'her' space. There are 11 pins over there now. And I have 3 years until the sled is delivered.

This is genius and I'm totally doing it, so thanks. I've always wanted a yacht and now my wife is about to find out.

1 month later
    #10138 1 year ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

It's coming soon!

Sometimes that stuff tends to change after she gets the ring. Load up on pins NOW.

4 months later
    #11005 1 year ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Never seen a gumball machine like that. How old is it?

Let’s guess... mid-50s?

1 week later
    #11091 1 year ago
    Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I got sick of wiping dust off the glass.
    It’s easier to do this and take the towels off when I do sit there and admire them, and that happens quite often. I find myself turning them all on and just sitting and admiring the light show with a big smile.

I keep mine covered completely with sheets a lot of the time because part of my arcade is also used as a shop and there's a lot of sawdust and stuff.

1 month later
    #11321 1 year ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW I could see a 19x13 theater, 10x11 shop and a 20x25 arcade. Have fun.

Really? I thought 19x13 arcade, 10x11 arcade and a 20x25 arcade

#11385 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

Stupid question in the USA dont you have separate storm water and sewerage systems?

Storm water can drain to natural waterways without treatment. Sewerage not so much.

#11410 1 year ago
    Quoted from Captain-Flint:

I need more pins...
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe, but that is one hell of a decorating job. Really like the vibe you have going. This is one of those spaces that looks like more than just a room full of games.

#11468 1 year ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Moved a bunch of stuff in and out this past few months, here’s the latest.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well... that looks pretty good.

#11485 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Been a while since I posted here. Classic Bally row moved out to the sun room and a few more DMDs made the there way to the gam room. Had my first party in about 6 months. 24 people over.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice.

But why is that guy flipping you the bird?

And what’s up with that Flash Gordon end table?!

#11518 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

Check out my "Vintage STEREO Club" thread. Lots of discwashers there!
    [quoted image]

Man I had a beautiful Pioneer setup like this but lost it in hurricane Katrina.

1 week later
    #11550 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Who's all in for a party at Pacman11's?

You missed the party? Aww sorry dude

1 month later
    #11858 10 months ago
    Quoted from thelazybman:

4 months since first post? seem much longer. First 4 sheets of drywall up all insulated doors and windows installed. hoping for a Christmas move inn
    [quoted image]

Congrats! Remember to stagger your vertical joints to prevent cracking.

|____|____|
    |__|____|

1 month later
    #11985 9 months ago
    Quoted from xfassa:

Just when I thought no more could possibly fit....

Man, if you nudge too hard they’re gonna fall like dominos

#11994 9 months ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Has anyone received an email from their power company telling them that they used an excessive amount of power last week? I did. With these smart meters they found what had raised the power load for the neighborhood for a Saturday. I had a Thanksgiving party with 9 pins, 2 subwoofers, 1 jukebox amp, 10 neons, TV with surround sound, and the normal other lights on, and some other stuff. The following Wednesday I got an advisory that the unusual power usage would increase my power bill by about $50 for the month and gave me tips to reduce my power consumption. I couldn't believe that they are watching that closely.

That is absolutely obnoxious.

2 months later
    #12537 7 months ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

I want me a Groot too, but the wife shot it down!!!

Your mistake was that you asked.

5 months later
    #13599 59 days ago
    Quoted from toastbot:

Can confirm 2-player shower can be lots of fun!

Oh my

#13611 58 days ago
    Quoted from davebart5:

I don't have a huge space or a lot of games, but I'm happy with my game room slice of the home. It's always a fun time rocking these games and having weekend bon-fire shin-digs over tokes and jokes with friends. I used to have 3 games in the setup, Class of 1812 is being babysat by a friend, but I didn't like the flow of the space cramming in 3 and this 2-some frames the room much better with a small alleyway behind the games for storage and a backdoor to the ground level bonfire area. Might change up the prints, sell one or two, and adjust some of the lighting soon, but overall we're feeling good and 2 game tournament ready. Party![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn... that chair is cool as hell! You’ve got a cool eye, wish you could come help decorate my place, I’m bad at it.

3 weeks later
    #13714 38 days ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I agree, it looks awesome! Tiki is great because you can damn well mix and match pretty much whatever you want - Polynesian, Hawaiian, surf culture, fishing stuff, heck any ocean/beach stuff, and pretty much any manner of kitsch. As long as you are sure to combine it all together with some cool cocktails and as much bamboo as possible, you will have a winner every time.
    My dream is to have a tiki game room and have this pinball in there.
    [quoted image]

I wish I could find a Gottlieb Paradise but have never come across one. I have an Aloha though!

1 week later
    #13752 28 days ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Big Variety in your gameroom - a Bed ?

Pinball puts him in the mood.

#13768 24 days ago

0357C2B9-7E2A-41BA-AAED-E992C274DDC7.gif

Finishing up a very long and exciting garage conversion... been waiting a long time to see this day.

#13771 23 days ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Radium, looks good! Would love to see you update your conversion thread on this project - and I am sure many others would.

Ahh I forgot about that... I
    would but I’m afraid to post, there’s lots of unpermitted DIY work and I don’t think people could handle it.

#13774 23 days ago
    Quoted from TheHueManatee:

That future spa backglass is some sweet

Yes! That’s why it’s right in the center, everyone that sees it is perplexed by its beauty and mind boggling theme.

I’m finishing up an extension to add dedicated workshop space for restorations and then my Flash Gordon is getting restored next. Super excited.

#13785 19 days ago
    Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Hopefully for the early achievers, as well as those you want to buy one, these somehow make it back to production

Don’t you mean for little lebowski urban achievers?

0E7C93C9-52D7-46F1-866A-8AD277A663F6.jpeg

#13789 19 days ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

Just finished mine.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Do you have a bucket of sunglasses by the door? I love it

#13803 16 days ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Well, my wife seems to be drawing a line at three. I have room for 5 and could make room for more, but we're not rich either so.. I guess I can't complain.

Look up “Overton window”. You need to ask for 8 machines so that eventually 5 seems reasonable.

#13821 11 days ago
    Quoted from Dolph1:

Wow I feel like I'm playing amateur hour over here. Everyone's got a full arcade going - makes me think I need to add a pizza oven and beer taps to my game room.

You don’t have a pizza oven and beer taps?

1 week later
    #13885 4 days ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Did you get the apothecary table?

How many CDs does that hold?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 55.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 9.99
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radium.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside