Topic Stats

• 23,854 posts
  • 2,345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 minutes ago by kool1
  • Topic is favorited by 1,121 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6198 (resized).jpeg
    bikes1 (resized).jpg
    adcc8631-0ad1-436f-bac6-b92e38c5e4b1 (resized).jpg
    cde76292-235b-4aeb-93ad-e03a4f86cf0e (resized).jpg
    396724a8-c984-4b78-823c-5182cb817327 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205403289 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205413200 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205452551 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205433432 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205443930 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205502934 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205514994 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205521414 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205546968 (resized).jpg
    20240421_204123 (resized).jpg
    20240421_210141 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1728 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Here are 5 of my pins, including my new Tron Legacy Pro and Star Wars Data East.

Is that your $10,000 spending spree? Fun!

2 weeks later
    #1756 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Just above Met is a Topper but in the back, that grey Metallic tube is just a left over from an old hot air heating dock system. It's not in use anymore. I have a few meters in the baseman to measure the quality of the air, temperature, humidity, radon level....
    Rest assure, before installing any machine I located all the water pipes to make sure it is as far as possible you can get.
    Thanks for thinking of the well being of my pins. You never can be to careful. Can't wait for my new gameroom.

Darth Chris, can I asked where you got the Terminator Salvation from. Price range?

Also, does your son realize he has a Chukee Cheese in his own house?!

#1764 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I bought the Terminator Salvation when it came out. Nib from a distributor who use to have arcades in Montreal. A few models are available. The 32" monitor with the fixed guns is the most affordable. I really wanted the non fixed guns with the 42 inches monitor. Costed me 8900$. Since then they came out with a super deluxe 103" projection screen I think. Saw that one in Vegas last week. Gun console with the speakers remotely from the screen with 2 red eyes glowing terminators is huge and impressive but quite frankly my brother in law and I were not impressed at all with the resolution. Very pale and ugly projection screen for a maxhine that expensive. Since it's been out for a while now prices might have drop big time but strongly recommand the model I bought. I have tried the 3 and this is the best one.
    I have 2 sons. On the picture you can see my oldest. He really likes pinball and to be honest getting pretty good at it. After daddy he is the best on high scoring. Lots of people come to play but non pinhead and well....no very good at it. Still every one that comes have a good time.
    Can't wait to get that sports bar extension this fall. Anyone around sometimes make a stop. Fridge always full of beer and hockey season is about to begin.

NIB Salvation! You do not mess around do you.

I played Salvation with my 7 year old son last weekend at an arcade and had a blast.
    I am form Maine and I know hockey for sure. Bruins. My wife, son and I lived in Toronto for 6 months for her work and have to say the people of Canada are the best. We could not have had a better time during our short stay. You folks up north are class acts. Thanks.

Thanks for the beer offer to us. Especially when beer up there costs $12 for a six pack?! That was the only problem I had with Canada - beer prices. Cheers!

1 month later
    #1959 10 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

I've seen a couple people break the rules, so I'm going to follow suit. Although I've posted some pictures in the past, I made a video last night and wanted to share. Enjoy!
    » YouTube video
    (I tried to get pinside to allow me to post the URL directly, but it keeps converting it into an embedded video.)
    ... Altan

Nice, Altan! I may have to pick your brain in the future about how to set up my future pin purchases if that is alright with you. In the process of redoing my basement now to add more room.
    Have T2, Roadshow, WC Soccer and RIpleys on my want list. Very nice collection. Enjoy!

2 months later
    #2139 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Here's a few pics of my man cave and my wife's library too, converted for one night.

Why does that area look so familiar? Oh, I was just there last night! Thanks for inviting me over and hosting the Pingolf. You have a very nice family, group of friends, home and pin collection. What else could you need? I will definitely keep in touch. Thanks, Greg

image-588.jpg 95 KB

image-44.jpg 77 KB

image-857.jpg 96 KB

image-802.jpg 101 KB

image-236.jpg 85 KB

image-548.jpg 83 KB

Why does that area look so familiar? Oh, I was just there last night! Thanks for inviting me over and hosting the Pingolf. You have a very nice family, group of friends, home and pin collection. What else could you need? I will definitely keep in touch. Thanks, Greg

1 year later
    #3756 9 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Love the boards on the wall.
    Here is a pic of the same board I had back in the day.
    Wish I still had it. I gave it away to a neighbours kid on my street when I went to college around '93-94
    mm.jpg

Rosebud!

4 months later
    #4493 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinworthy:

Finally got all the machines organized. I've been spending all my money on pins so I need to put that on hold and put some $$ into the game room.
    IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    The current framed wall behind the EMs will get a beam and a 12' opening and the room will expand that direction.
    IMG_0099.JPG IMG_0100.JPG

Road trip? I would love to play your Mutang and some of those EMs. That is going to be an awesome game room when it all comes together!

4 weeks later
    #4687 8 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Wow no kidding? Where was this comic store?

Do you have Iron Man #1 yet? What are your favorite comics or key issues of IM?

1 week later
    #4747 8 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

My game room after a recent basement remodel.

What is the deal with the vids on the wall?

#4833 8 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

The game room construction has begun. Framing this week, bathroom plumbing roughed in. Now- it gets fun.

woodpile.jpg

Um, how many square feet we talking here?

1 week later
    #4904 8 years ago
    Quoted from lb45:

Took some pictures during vacation - this an extract .
    P1030166.JPG
    P1030168.JPG
    P1030198.JPG
    P1030189.JPG
    I can't plug all the machine simultaneously..and some need time ; but i thought i was a good idea to share.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/56198463@N02/20841736662/in/dateposted-public/

The Invaders?

3 months later
    #5525 8 years ago
    Quoted from brad808:

Closeup of Jukebox, running album player with a custom version of a skin to remove a bunch of things and simplify the experience for my guests. This thing gets way more action then I could have imagined from guests.

Nice gameroom! What is that jukebox on the wall?

2 weeks later
    #5667 8 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

My one year anniversary of the game room picture

overall_shot_(resized).jpg

Free play or die in NH! Quite a room you have there.

2 weeks later
    #5780 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Very slow progress here, but it's coming along. I've had an upstairs game room since 2010. This will be a dedicated first floor game room. It will have a dedicated pin room, work shop, den/bar area and full bath. It's 25x30 with a 10x30 porch. A 4' ramp will roll up from the driveway to the back door which will be the workshop entrance.
    Cons: Wife said it had to match the house (cost of brick etc).
    Pros: It matches the house (10 ft ceilings and other nice amenities). Wife says its all mine! The kids have a separate playroom, gym area etc in the house that won't mess with my precious).

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Sorry this topic is for game "rooms" not game "houses"! Seriously this is just awesome. You missed Pro - your wife gave you the go ahead on this! Your wife is probably right about the brick and style of the house though. You are a fortunate guy! Awesome!

1 month later
    #6136 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Here is an updated picture of an extra bedroom that's serving as a temporary game room while I finish my basement. WoZ is sitting in the dining room for now since I ran out of room.
    Temp_Gameroom_(resized).jpg
    Here is the game room I'm building in the basement. It just needs insulation and return HVAC ducts and then it's ready for drywall. You can see part of the bar / pool table area on the left. Around the side of the bar is a bathroom and right past that, I'm building a theater. The cool thing is that prior to starting this project, I had never even cut a 2x4 in half. I'm doing everything myself except for the drywall. I paid $100 for some streaming "how to finish your basement" videos and learned everything from those. My dad has been helping me every weekend for the last few months.
    Basement_Gameroom_(resized).jpg

Doing that with your Dad and yourself is impressive! How are yoi getting heat down there?

1 month later
    #6373 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

My 'game room' is a little bit different from everybody else's. It starts indoors with three pinball machines and a room full of golf clubs. Then it spills outside to 205 acres of rolling terrain, ponds, trees, and closely mown areas with holes and flagsticks. If you are ever in Old Town, Maine, stop in, play the pins, have a beer and then head out to play my golf course. I can guarantee you will have a fun day.

#3TeesOct2015_(resized).JPGProShop.12.2016_(resized).JPGProShop.4.2016_(resized).JPGProShop.2.2016_(resized).JPGPinball.2.2016_(resized).JPG

Nice! I grew up in Maine and still have family there. Will try to get up to you some tme this Summer.

Do you really own a King Kong?

#6378 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

There is so much more space but I am not allowed to enter the theater space or my sons play area which is huge on the other side
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

He will grow up. It won't be a play area forever.

2 months later
    #6976 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I just cringed! Those are basically all the craigslist leftovers

My Golden Tee 2016 pedestal for $3500 delivered with no tax will beat your TSPP's ass up and down the block for value, fun and joy from everyone of just about any age that plays it. Just pretend you are a little younger than you are and you may like it to. CL that MOFO!

#6985 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

To me a golden tee is in the same league as the madden video games. Not sure why people buy those and they depreciate pretty fast and don't hold value worth a damn.

I see what you are saying about the gameplay being similar. Golden Tee is super fun to play with a group of friends at a get together. GT holds it value pretty well with routed 2011's selling for over $2000 today. So I figure my GT as a $250 depreciation per year.

I super agree with you that you would have to take a crazy loss on $10000 or whatever they go for new Batman driver if you purchased one.

#6992 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballdork:

Pinballers welcome...

What is going on with that tabletop with the big screen?

3 weeks later
    #7201 7 years ago

Congrats! I love my GT pedestal! You need to mount that TV up on the wall ASAP.

6 months later
    #8249 7 years ago
    Quoted from DinoBob:

My modest game room. Working on convincing my amazing wife for number three with my eyes currently on Metallica Pro, Tron (please release a VE), or Addams Family. In the past I've Twilight Zone, AC/DC Premium, Stargate, and my very first pin: Hurricane. Open to suggestions on what would compliment my two current games, which I have no plans to flip any time soon.

I have IM and LOTR also with SMVE, POTC.

Met is good and may be my next one to fill void of acdc which I just sold. SM is really good and my favorite game. If you want something a little different than SM get ST. I miss my ST. Hobbit and LOTR are a special pair! I own potc and really like that also. Good luck!

1 month later
    #8485 6 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

New addition for the game room, Hyperspin Arcade cabinet! I've been playing before and after work since I got it, haha.

Looks cool, but I am not familiar. What is that, what games are on it, how does it work and how much is it?

#8505 6 years ago

Yeah are some games dead or don't work right? Do they all work right with 2 players?

Seeing the Game Gate made me think of upgrading from my 96-1 Galaga cab??

9 months later
    #10243 6 years ago

Is that an EM clock above North Star??

1 month later
    #10560 6 years ago
    Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

Updated pics of my Pinball room with some wall art added as well as some new machines....

Not only do the titles look great but the condition of them looks exceptional!

7 months later
    #12029 5 years ago
    Quoted from steve-o:

So we just moved the pins and a few arcade machines back in after painting a room here. It was a task that I've been dreading for years, but the 18 year old horrendous mint green paint had to be eradicated. I like the new clean look, but my wife and some friends want the stuff that we found and collected back up on the walls. I didn't get any good pics of the before, but it kinda gives you an idea of how much "stuff" there was nailed and screwed to the drywall....
    ~Steveo
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Please leave the walls clean Stevo-O. Looks great!

1 month later
    #12337 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Don’t know if this thread is for in home game rooms or just pics of “your” game room. Here is one of my games rooms that are on route. If this doesn’t count I won’t post any of my routes and apologies in advance.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great group of games for fortunate customers! Nice

Have to ask - What are those cupbolders? Seems like they would take out kneecaps of players?

#12343 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

I built them out of 1/2 inch pipe and solid oak. Surprisingly knees aren’t affected, and the are easy to move under or to the side if desired. Here are some pics, I wanted to do a contrast stain, maybe next time.[quoted image][quoted image]

Cool man. Thanks for explaining. What an awesome set up you have. Hope you have continued success!

#12371 5 years ago

Get your greasy hands off the PDI glass kid!!

3 weeks later
    #12546 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Deadpool has decided to join the party!
    [quoted image]

Did you ask your wife before you purchased?? Ha Ha

Pretty cool.Please post a link of where to buy.

2 weeks later
    #12736 5 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

Updated pictures. 1 year ago I had zero pinball machines. I had a basketball game, shuffleboard table and darts. My weight room was also twice as big.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I always get nervous when I see a vid at the end of and right next to a skee ball. One bad offline throw could spell disaster!!

5 months later
    #13684 4 years ago
    Quoted from tpn2011:

Here’s where I’m at now can’t wait to get back into pinball so pumped!!!!
    Still a little more work to be done crown molding and finishing touches to come[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well welcome back! Where you been anyway?

5 months later
    #14536 4 years ago
    Quoted from mzhulk:

Here is a video of my Halloween party, my gameroom is my entire house. It's a haunted gameroom theme, and minus the 30 x 12 tent in the driveway my house stays decorated like this throughout the year. I have games pretty much everywhere.

The charging Screaming Nun is the best! You are living the dream! Oh sorry, “living the nightmare”.

#14563 4 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/real-estate/los-angeles-home-star-wars-museum-basement[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good one! That was in the WSJ this today!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-force-is-strong-inside-this-l-a-mansion-with-star-wars-themed-basement-11579719948

1 month later
    #14771 4 years ago

Wow! Just saw a video of the World Series game above. Super creative game.

1 year later
    #17478 3 years ago
    Quoted from ElectricLou:

Couple months since my last update.
    I need more pins!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Didn’t you have a bunch of pins at one point?

#17480 3 years ago
    Quoted from ElectricLou:

Yep. 42
    More than 4 or 5 and the hobby becomes a job...

Thought I remembered you had a pinball museum in your home.

How did you go from 42 to 8? That is quite a drop. Did the collection overwhelm you so you had to hit the breaks? Please share if you want. Curious. Hope you are doing well

2 months later
    #17927 2 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

Got into McIntosh only recently love it[quoted image][quoted image]

Are those Klipsch Forte speakers you have?? I had a pair for years back in High School through college. Sold them when I moved out of state after college. Loved them.

2 months later
    #18361 2 years ago

Hey what’s up with the EM Topper? Is is metal? Never saw one before. Where did you find that?

1 week later
    #18501 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

It would drive me absolutely insane that that neon is spelled incorrectly.

Uh maybe that’s his Wife - “Ally”

2 months later
    #18967 2 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

Time flies... It's been 3 or so years since I posted here (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/214#post-4355150). I've moved since my last post, so things have changed. Still need some more artwork for the walls, but here's the current state...
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Very nice collection! Wish I was closer to you so we could have a meet up sometime. Oh well.

#18972 2 years ago
    Quoted from CypherPinball:

Lurk in this thread enough, figured I'd post finally. First pin was TMNT NIB last August.
    [quoted image]

Finding a Kiss is like finding a diamond in a haystack……and then having to pay up for it. I also owned one though in the past. I don’t understand all the rules on AIQ but love playing mine again and again anyway. Is 13 ball MB enough balls on Appolo 13? Remember starting that before and my mind blowing up.

Glad you are having fun.

#18976 2 years ago
    Quoted from CypherPinball:

It was always a dream to have 1 pinball machine. Crazy to think we have a "lineup" now. We are stopping at 5 now though.

Now that I have been around a while I have learned that many “dream” about having 1 pinball machine, but in “reality” they will have more than 1.

1 month later
    #19390 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Pretty sure it was March 2019 i bought it.
    Just checked, joined here in June that year, so yeah. March 2019.

I just thought about how it’s likely even more impressive to accumulate that many games since you are in Australia. Seems like getting any game can be a bit of a struggle there.

1 week later
    #19577 2 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

3-minute walk thru taken 02-19-22. Feels great to have activity after the long Covid hiatus.

I give you my full on respect and admiration for what you created!

9 months later
    #21246 1 year ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

New addition on the left.
    [quoted image]

Just keep those two forever. You won. You done.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.