Topic Stats

• 23,836 posts - Hot topic!
  • 2,345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 minutes ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 1,121 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

adcc8631-0ad1-436f-bac6-b92e38c5e4b1 (resized).jpg
    cde76292-235b-4aeb-93ad-e03a4f86cf0e (resized).jpg
    396724a8-c984-4b78-823c-5182cb817327 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205403289 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205413200 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205452551 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205433432 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205443930 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205502934 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205514994 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205521414 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205546968 (resized).jpg
    20240421_204123 (resized).jpg
    20240421_210141 (resized).jpg
    dp8 (resized).jpg
    df18 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9807 6 years ago

^^^^Haha I had to squint for a minute there, I was like is that chic just sitting there nude in the booth? My inner Quagmire came out-Gigidy Gigidy

11 months later
    #12060 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

Yellowghost, really digging your TZ mural on the wall.

Yes I dig it as well

Is it a vinyl print or hand painted? If vinyl how large are the prints-I would love to do my walls with custom prints.

More info please

#12066 5 years ago
    Quoted from yellowghost:

Painted by hand. Vinyl print would be awesome

Wow I can't believe how well it is painted, I almost felt stupid asking the question because I thought there was no way they could get that detail painting by hand. Awesome job! I do think if someone did some large vinyl wall art-they would do well.

1 month later
    #12335 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Here is one of my games rooms that are on route.

Wow Bud-looks stellar!

You are really blowing it up, I like how you set them up at a slightly different angle/offset-looks good. I also like your industrial cup holders-very cool!

1 month later
    #12627 5 years ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

Anyone have any idea why I have a concrete wall jutting out into this one space

Looks like foundation guys screwed up with layout during pour? Cant see if 2x12 Header has been notched around it? I love the sliced up glu-lam toenailed into subfloor-wtf I would probably get a concrete cutting company to come out and remove & make sure your Header is good and not notched.

4 months later
    #13549 4 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

I built a DMX RGBW controlled two zone system for the lights- those are suspended from a lighting tray sitting 8 inches from the ceiling that runs around the entire room.

Can I see some pics and explanation of lights installed. I was going to redo mine and use crown molding but after seeing yours I like the square look better(looks more modern). -Thanks in advance

-Also wondering why someone would thumbs down your pic of gameroom-super lame!

2 months later
    #13827 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

pics of the new additions: battle pod and JP.

I can just picture your neighbors walking by with their dog-"Holy shit look at that guys garage-it looks like Dave and Busters! " -Good stuff!

2 weeks later
    #13918 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

During that process I designed a custom, animated, 7.5' wide, neon sign

That is amazing and truly a work of art. Do you mind if I ask how much it cost to commission?

3 months later
    #14389 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

My newest purchases. It was a pretty big hit

That is awesome!

-Dude your place is turning into Dave and Busters-love it!

Need to put a sign outside your garage that says 'Rave and Hustlers Arcade'

9 months later
    #16041 3 years ago
    Quoted from atrainn:

I'm FINALLY done setting up my games and new basement after moving back in mid august

Nice

I like to see someone else that has added a sub to TNA-Feel the Bass!

Blown away.pngBlown away.png
    #16043 3 years ago
    Quoted from atrainn:

Honestly I'm surprised the house is still standing.

When I have guest over-they are literally blown away. I have it in an enclosed room and it reverbs off the walls-I do have it cranked up pretty high

2 weeks later
    #16170 3 years ago
    Quoted from blimpey:

Fireplaces are overrated.

I think your wife is even cooler than my wife

-As for the black carpet I would love to see how it looks? I prefer plush carpet for gamerooms, I notice a huge difference playing in my rooms with plush carpet v.s. concrete. After 15 minutes playing on concrete-I can start to feel it in my back and feet. Go with a good carpet pad as well-you get what you pay for. Please post pics if you do black, I have seen dark gray and it looks good as well.

1 month later
    #16545 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

New carpet, new granite on fireplace, fresh paint, new French doors, new tv, new trim, etc

It looks fantastic and very sharp. The carpet looks great! -Nice job

#16547 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Gives me ideas.

Don't put up that big vinyl poster you had in the last room-keep it classy. I may recommend a couple of large chandelier's to hang down from the middle with warm bulbs that are dimmable. Did I mention I love the carpet color-way to be different and it looks cool. Your back will thank you later for putting in carpet.

#16548 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Gives me ideas.

How are you going to set up your pins in the room? Thinking it may be best to set them up in middle back to back in line with center of ceiling with vids and other games on exterior walls?

1 year later
    #20214 1 year ago

I have always scratched my head with pachinko machines? Such a novelty, I thought maybe the Chinese like to just look at bright lights and little balls moving around. People seem fascinated by them but I think they are fugly and useless, get a slot machine or dart board that actually functions as a game imo.

8 months later
    #21683 1 year ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

Assuming I keep the light placement as-is

They should be fine(but easy to move-may add another row in middle?)-I would just make sure you a have dimmer switch and dimmable LEDs. When I play I dim them down and have little reflection while playing. I may be more concerned about not having floating walls for the basement and movement causing cracks in new drywall.

3 weeks later
    #21747 1 year ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

because I am so proud of it

I have been watching the progression and it turned out awesome. Really like the colors chosen and the depiction of your father is great. What a fun way to advertise to your customer base.

6 months later
    #22700 7 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Turns out $50 was enough to get it paying

A fellow pinsider has a cool crane machine and he put little bottles of liquor in it. I wonder if you could lay some little bottles of liquor on top of coins that would push out as well. Little bottles of Jack Daniels would have me playing the crap out of it to get one. -Just a thought

#22714 7 months ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

Should be able to get all of them down here in about 30 days.

Amazing collection-you have games I have never seen before

Like the tissue paper roll front and center on the movie lounge chair. You must have a wife who likes to watch tear jerking movies like my wife?

tear jerking (resized).jpgtear jerking (resized).jpgtear jerking. (resized).jpgtear jerking. (resized).jpg
    3 months later
    #23189 4 months ago
    Quoted from waltrr:

but now thinking about can lighting this time. but worried about light reflection in the pin glass, what do you think.

I would recommend can lighting with dimmable soft LEDs. Track lighting looks cheap and out of place to me. I have zero issues with glare and I can always dim them down.

I just purchased the new Lutron Sunnata sensitive touch dimmer switch for my gameroom and it is really awesome. You can get the dimmer on Amazon or any box store for $40-well worth it and highly recommend(one of the best things I have bought for gameroom).

Lutron switch (resized).jpgLutron switch (resized).jpg

#23193 4 months ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

and the sump pump deciding to fail

Lots of crazy unpredictable weather lately and I am afraid it is only going to continue with our sporadic weather patterns. I would get prepared for if it happens again by having a back up plan for emergency. I would get an industrial pool draining pump with high gpm flow rate with large hose(Tsurumi). I would then buy a small Honda generator for a back up power supply and then I would put the arcade games up on something like rolling casters from Harbor Freight.

#23196 4 months ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I would recommend can lighting with dimmable soft LEDs.

I also have a recommendation for smaller spaces without can lights. I purchased a LED RGB ceiling light with remote control from Amazon for my daughters room remodel and now I have put them in multiple rooms. They sit flat with ceiling and have a remote that can control cool/soft dimmable LED and colored RGB. Sometimes I like to get in the vibe and I will set the color to green to play Creature,etc. Cheap on Amazon(under $40) and a really awesome light for gamerooms,etc.

#23222 4 months ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I called Jake at State Farm but there's 6 callers ahead of me LOL.

Be very careful filing for water damage with an insurance agency. Depending on the extent of damage you may want to determine if it is worth going through insurance. Factors like deductible and future premium rate increases may have you thinking otherwise. As long as you get it dried out right away to avoid mold issues a lot of that work can be done easily and the arcade games are common and can be replaced. Spend thousands now to fix it or pay the insurance company thousands in years to come for increased premiums-catch 22 situation. Had my mothers ice maker leak and ruin hardwoods-now her rate is double what mine is as she was put on a blacklist.

Sorry it happened really sucks and my gut hurts looking at those arcades sitting in water

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.