Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#171 12 years ago

Here's my offering... this is my old place that never got to the state I wanted it to be in, the plan was to have 40 odd games set up, but it was mainly a store with the odd game set up here and there... and I don't live there any-more

I'd stripped a load of playfields to decorate the ceiling with lights behind, but that never got finished before I moved either!

Due to space problems I had to lay the floor in the main room in 2 halves... when the first half was done and dry, the pins had to go there so I could do the 2nd half...

hemmed_in_Black_Hole_compressed.jpghemmed_in_Black_Hole_compressed.jpg 1st_corner_finished_with_CC_compressed.jpg1st_corner_finished_with_CC_compressed.jpg 3_oldies_lined_up.JPG3_oldies_lined_up.JPG PF_ceinling_about_half_up.jpgPF_ceinling_about_half_up.jpg Ceiling_Dec_08.jpgCeiling_Dec_08.jpg Pins_moved_to_first_half.jpgPins_moved_to_first_half.jpg

#172 12 years ago

Another pic of the 'workshop' room... don't know why this didn't come through in the previous lot...

And a shot of the room from outside... the van on the right was a mobile pinball storage unit... I was a big hit with the neighbours!

Filling_up.JPGFilling_up.JPG

#173 12 years ago

And now the shot of the outside view didn't come through...

Finished_from_outside.JPGFinished_from_outside.JPG

#175 12 years ago

Like stain glass, but with pinball class!!!

Have you ever thought of becoming a poet?

It's a real shame I never finished it... but all the playfields are still with me to put up in the new as-yet unbuilt games-room! I blocked out all the large holes with black card to stop large blocks of white light coming through, just left the small holes (rollover wire slots, post holes and some GI bulb holes where the light shields stayed on). The ceiling and the back of each playfield was covered in tin-foil to help the light bounce around and eventually find it's way out through a lens/hole... here's some pics of playfields in preperation.

Prepairing_pf_for_ceiling.jpgPrepairing_pf_for_ceiling.jpg Half_foiled_Space_Jam.jpgHalf_foiled_Space_Jam.jpg Roadshow_pf_ready_for_ceiling.JPGRoadshow_pf_ready_for_ceiling.JPG

#178 12 years ago

Nice pad Steve... just out of interest, what's that playfield on the left of that middle pic? It looks like a Gottlieb System 80 from the bottom arch, but I don't recognise it...

#181 12 years ago
    Quoted from Steve-in-CT:

That's a playfield from a Gottlieb Ice Fever. My 9 year old is a big hockey fan, so I framed it, mounted LED christmas tree lights in the inserts and hung it on his wall as a night light.

That explains why I didn't recognise it... never seen one of those before... nice idea with the lights, was toying with doing something similar with the cailing I made, but I realised it would be way too much work... maybe next time

Quoted from Wise_Guy:

And pinballslave that ceiling is amazing omg thats crazy your one creative dude.

Thanks! Creative or obsessive? Good score on the BBB, would love that game!

#203 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

butler does have a creepy look to him plus he has a motion sensor and shakes when you walk by..

I bet you've lost count of how many people have spilt their drink walking past that thing... That would freak me out! For some reason I've got a few mannequins, that gives me an idea

#211 12 years ago
    Quoted from nasco62:

have got enough room for pleanty more pinballs.

Nice pad Nasco... buy buy buy

1 week later
    #226 12 years ago

I stumbled across the plan I made for the gamesroom that actually got built in my garden in London... Unfortunately it never got to the state I wanted it (i.e. with pins lined up like that)... and I've left it all behind to persue a life of happiness in Czech...

#227 12 years ago

For some reason the attachment won't come out... try again in new post...

Shed_alone.JPGShed_alone.JPG

3 years later
    #3356 9 years ago

This is the current status of my gamesroom: Finally it's taking shape!!!

Wall after Mozni doug.jpgWall after Mozni doug.jpg
    #3362 9 years ago
    Quoted from HighSpeed1:

Alrighty then, I think you should start a thread on this one!!!

Actually, that pic was about 2 weeks ago... it's changed now to this... these guys are quick once they get going

Supporting wall 2m high.jpgSupporting wall 2m high.jpg
    #3369 9 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Pinslave, I see that your new game-room will not fit your Fathom machine so I will do you the favor and buy it from you! PM me for details!

Damn, you're right... I miss-calculated, well spotted! PM sent!

#3373 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Nifty ... I did a quick workup of my garage. Their stock items included a "fold-up pingpong table" which was as close as I could get to a pinball machine, and pretty close in dimensions....

Looks good! You can squeeze a few more pins in there though

6 years later
    #17366 3 years ago

I've gone for the junk shop look...

20210411_121746 (resized).jpg20210411_121746 (resized).jpg
    #17371 3 years ago
    Quoted from kciaccio:

How much is the POTC pin worth these days just tossed into the corner? lol

Tossed... that was very gently placed!

#17376 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Well that’s it. I’m at capacity now! Not sure what I’ll do when GnR finally gets here.

Amazing place! Love the wall decorating playfields. Why don't you turn the Champion Pub and STtnG round 90deg so you can get to them better?

#17380 3 years ago

This is another room... the plan with this is to make it a cinema/music room... maybe with one or 2 pins... time will tell.

20210417_094643 (resized).jpg20210417_094643 (resized).jpg
    #17388 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Did you inherit this equipment?

Nope, this is the result of 25 years of collecting. About 10 years ago I moved house, moved countries in fact, and have not yet got the new place in a condition ready to set these things up... was reconstructing an old house, plus extending it... took 8 years with all the planning to get it in a state where we could live in it, and the last 2 spent on the 'man cave' side of it, the main pinball room being the next on the agenda. 'Till that's ready, the pins are mainly folded away, waiting! This is the current state of the main pinball room, working on the skirting at the moment. Progress is slow due to having young kids.

Quoted from Methos:

Looks like the opening of King Tut's tomb.

Assuming king Tut was a pin-head

20210417_094828 (resized).jpg20210417_094828 (resized).jpg20210417_094842 (resized).jpg20210417_094842 (resized).jpg20210417_094900 (resized).jpg20210417_094900 (resized).jpg

#17391 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Assuming the cabinets are a bar?

Not sure what you mean there... you mean you assume the cabs in the previous photo will be made into a bar? In which case, no... they all have heads and will hopefully be complete working games... one day!

As for the ceiling lighting, good question! I've got a load of stripped playfields that I'm planning to use as a kind of suspended ceiling, with any large holes blocked off, and with lighting behind them... thinking of using RGB lighting for this. Another circuit will turn on a load of wall lights that will shine on back glasses... a 3rd and 4th circuit will light up some normal ceiling lights, one circuit for each 'corridor' of pins... that's the plan at the moment...

#17398 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Yes, I was talking about the row of cabinets clamped together in front of the window.

Ahh, that's just a work bench, the top was taken off to use as an actual work bench surface somewhere else. It started life as a bespoke but ugly kitchen unit on the upper floor of the house when I bought it. It made a good work bench as I progressed through the floors, finally ending up in the pin room... it's swan-song will be to support the skirtings while I paint them, then it will be skipped.

Yes, the ceiling is drywalled, which holds the rockwoll insulation in place. That room is part of the extension to the house, so just one storey... it can get down to -25c here, so reducing heat loss is important

Certainly looking forwards to seeing that ceiling finished off! It's been a long wait!!

#17440 2 years ago
    Quoted from Purdue:

starting to get somewhere with the collection...

Nice line up, but go steady on the Novus, you don't want to get dependant on that stuff!

#17469 2 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Oh, and chronological order....

Do I detect a theme?

#17497 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Piccie from comp yesterday.

Cool place, awesome graffiti!! Paragon was the pin of my youth. I give in, what are the 2 pins on the back wall?

Actually, the left one just clicked: Hankin, Orbit 1... pretty rare! Just noticed, you're from down under

The right one looks semi-familiar, Stern...? No... Shark... (cheated... just checked your collection )

#17500 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

the wall art is from Bally Lost World,

Ahhhh yeah, sorry, got confused... my excuse for mixing it up with Paragon is that I've not played Paragon for about 30 years... that and I'm clearly going senile!

That Deadpool art is excellent, blending in to an actual dance floor! Great work!!

1 month later
    #17661 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

What's with the horse?

You mean you don't have a horse in your gamesroom?!

#17667 2 years ago
    Quoted from fabsj82:

its finally 100% functional

Awesome place! Kids clearly love it!! You got me on the pin left of Taxi...

Got it... SoF... cheated... looked at your collection

#17683 2 years ago
    Quoted from fabsj82:

The marquees just lean against the wall and leave enough room for the LED strip to fit behind them.

Neat idea! Would like to see it with the light turned on! I have a load of backglasses I'm planning to display also, this method is a distinct consideration!

Sorry, just realised that there are pics with them lit already... they look great!!

#17689 2 years ago

Floor laid and skirtings down... The pinball room is looking much less empty now the first pin is in there

20210601_231155 (resized).jpg20210601_231155 (resized).jpg
    #17691 2 years ago
    Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

That’s going to be awesome when it’s full of pins.

Thanks for your encouragement... but I suspect there will be a significant time gap between it looking awesome and it being full of pins... Next step is to move all pins from storage, so I can stop paying storage fees... this will put this room into gridlock... the up-ended pins will then be used as a kind of scaffolding platform for doing the ceiling... then I can start thinning the herd to make space for setting the keepers up...

1 week later
    #17717 2 years ago

Games room is developing a distinct chaotic feel...

20210612_192553 (resized).jpg20210612_192553 (resized).jpg

#17720 2 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I'd like to come over this evening and play the game second from the left in the back row.

2nd from the left head or cabinet?

#17723 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

what's those 2 heads far right? Yellow and black, and the other red and blue lines?

Target Alpha and Bowling Queen.

#17725 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

No Target, but I have Bowling Queen..

I have the complete TA, but only the head of BQ...

#17756 2 years ago
    Quoted from SR230CC:

Just need to rewire the Firepower coin door.

A bigger concern seems to be the displays on The Simpsons...?

#17763 2 years ago

Games room is filling up.

20210620_211022 (resized).jpg20210620_211022 (resized).jpg
    #17770 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mikespinball:

but I can't understand how you are going to play them like that. lol

I'm not, I'm going to walk on them... to sort the ceiling out... which is quite high at that point, but not as high as some thought! That would be impressive stacking them like that!!

Quoted from Mopar:

I get the feeling your game room is going to hold a lot of pins..

Time will tell, but stacking them like this will certainly maximise the pin holding potential... maybe I could go for a slot in the Guiness book of World Records... most pinballs stored in an 8m x 8m room

#17772 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Hard to see, but believe me. 40' deep, rows of 5 on each side..

I see air gaps between them

Jolly Park wasn't able to sustain the weight of the Masquerade head on it and when I got home from work yesterday this was waiting for me! Strange how the head rotated 90deg as it fell, and just sat there upright!!

Clearly should not rely on packing tape to hold heads against the cab, especially when putting a 4 player EM head on top of it!!

20210621_204500 (resized).jpg20210621_204500 (resized).jpg
    20210621_204631 (resized).jpg20210621_204631 (resized).jpg

#17775 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

You have it lined up that that many more machines is shortly coming in?

Indeed! I've had games in storage for around 9 years, waiting for this space to be finished... now it is, I'm moving them across... I guess I'm about 15% there... it's a slow process... each game needs to be checked for mice, things sticking out of the bottom that might scratch the new floor (already missed a nail sticking out where a plastic foot/lug had come off!), and bad odors, especially if associated with mold!!... my wife has a VERY sensitive nose... any slight incling that there could be a sign of mold and she'll have me burning the lot!! Mold killer and aftershave have been used on a couple of occasions Now I need to add 'security of head to body' to that check list... I also need a stable platform to put some boards on as a working surface to do the ceiling... I have plans using suspended back-lit playfields up there.

#17788 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

Man...... thats more like Attack from the Sun with that fade

True, decals are waiting, as is a new playfield... that's a project pin!

1 week later
    #17836 2 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

Commence Ballshack load-in sequence. Prepare for blast off.

That's gonna be epic!! Ballshack, is that a play on words?

#17843 2 years ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Not hard to tell what my impressionable teen years were...

13 to 19?

#17850 2 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

My friends at BuffaloPinball dropped by over the weekend and filmed a tour of my game room

Excellent place! Very impressed with your video game remakes, and I'm not even into video games. ton of work gone into those!!!

#17853 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Interviewer had no respect for those bad ass classic video games you built!!

Was thinking the same... these things deserve tremendous respect and praise, they're awesome!! There's a gap in the market there!!

1 week later
    #17921 2 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

or maybe it was The Hollywood Knights ?

Porky's for sure.

1 week later
    #17977 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Got Dave’s basement on point. This is about 1/3rd of the collection.

What's the game at the far end?

#17997 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

It's one of the main reasons i buy pins, so i can share.

I know where you're coming from, I'd love to invite people off the street to come and play the pins, give them a break from their daily routine and something fun to do to bring a smile to their faces... the only snag is my wife doesn't like visitors, especially ones she doesn't personally know and like (which excludes most of my friends), so pretty much no-one gets to play them except me!!

Quoted from Thunfisch:

XENON because of the art,

Xenon is stunning for sure! I remember when I fist saw that game in an arcade... I remember being totally blown away and mesmerised by it's beauty more than any other game I ever saw! And the voice!! Shame the gameplay is somewhat limited though.

#17999 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

I can relate. She loves pinball. Hates people. Lol

Well, you're luckier than me... my wife hates pinball too!!

1 month later
    #18168 2 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Weather, this one took us by surprise. Was only supposed to be 3 or 4 inches, which we can handle

That sucks man, I feel for you!! If that happened to me I'd be devastated!! Hope it all gets cleared up with minimal damage to your room!! My laminate floor would be totally destroyed by that!!

#18181 2 years ago

Finally starting to see some order in the main room!

20210902_205825 (resized).jpg20210902_205825 (resized).jpg
    #18184 2 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Just an annoyance for me. Much more serious for you. We only got about 7-8” in our basement. The video was about 3 hours before the rain stopped.

So sorry for you guys, that's awful to deal with... hopefully it doesn't damage to flooring or building structure and it dries out properly in the end!

#18189 2 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

I knew pinballslave had more than one. But five!!! We had briefly discussed me possibly purchasing one before I managed to find a nice one already over here.

Things got worse since we were chatting about that... what's even more crazy is that I've never even set one up to play yet!! Too many games arrived at once and had to go straight to storage! It was nuts to end up with so many of these, they weigh a ton too, so they're a pain to lug around, as I'm sure you can testify! I can't imagine how you got yours up on those chairs!!!

#18194 2 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

She has suggested maybe we should build up rather than keeping them on the ground level.

My wife would have the opposite suggestion: to get rid of them totally so the need to deal with them again would vanish! You're very lucky to have such a helpful and appreciative wife!!

#18218 2 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

The animations are really stuttering. That would drive me nuts.

The reason for that is explained at about the 9 min mark in the video...

#18231 2 years ago
    Quoted from SirMachismo:

The scale of this picture of the pictures is messing with me…are the pictures really low to the ground and small?

I was also confused, I thought they were about 6ft tall at first and the top of the door was visible, but then I realised that what I thought was the top of the door was actually the underneath of a shelf that they are under next to the floor, and that their actual flyer size... so to see them up close, best is to lie on the floor...

#18250 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Not sure where I'll stick more frames when they go?

When they go, that would make more space for more frames, no... so you can stick them there?

2 weeks later
    #18357 2 years ago
    Quoted from semicolin:

I think the arcade is finally done enough to give you all the video tour:

Excellent hang-out! Love those 80's games!!

2 weeks later
    #18546 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

JJP's rules are terrible and ruin the great look and layout.

I felt the same way about the rules, and I was planning to sell it because of that, but I guess the look of the game and the sounds, and the amazing graphics kept me attached to it... it's certainly a different player from other pins, but in a way, it adds a uniqueness to it that I find actually ends up adding appeal, strangly enough... certainly a cool looking place you have there!! Love the Mr. Black... that mirror woman hidden in the backglass art is awesome on that game!!

By the way, since you clearly like European games, and have a pirate theme, can I suggest Corsario... I have a spare one

#18553 2 years ago

I call the current stage "Organized Chaos"

You got some serious competition in the organised chaos front!

20211013_214520 (resized).jpg20211013_214520 (resized).jpg
    #18554 2 years ago

Another shot...

20211013_214438 (resized).jpg20211013_214438 (resized).jpg
    #18556 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

nice mephisto playfield hanging in there.

I touched that one up, just need to get it clearcoated, rebuilt, and put back in the game... one of many on-going projects that's stopped at the 'need to find a place that can clearcoat the playfield' stage. Mantra to self: I will not strip another playfield 'till the ones I've already stripped are rebuilt!

#18558 2 years ago

This room is a bit less on the chaos and a bit more on the organised... similar principle of tombestoned games though...

20211013_202924 (resized).jpg20211013_202924 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #18601 2 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Another Gottlieb Cutie.

Gottlieb Pleasure Isle, 1965:

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1832&picno=66837

Next:
    20211022_082555 (resized).jpg20211022_082555 (resized).jpg

Oops, wrong thread

#18604 2 years ago

.I can almost smell this picture.

I love the small of EMs!! Especially when you open the coin door... I think it's all that brass they used... they should make a perfume like it!!

#18625 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m having a spat with my wife right now I want to mount the back end of a EL Camino In the home theatre area to lay in for movie nights .A junkyard bare bones rear ended of course but with tires and the rear window .What do you think ?It would come out of the wall by the slot machine with a fiber optic night sky ceiling above .

I think it's a shame how some wives dampen the enthusiasm for seeing through cool ideas like this... but as they say, happy wife, happy life... something like that...

Quoted from Pinwiz1985:

Wife had these custom made for me.

Now that's a wife who understands a man's needs...!

1 week later
    #18678 2 years ago
    Quoted from stavio:

And now that its getting colder a Sorcerer with a salamander

I thought you meant the cold weather had brought a lizard in and he'd crawled on your game, so I was trying to spot it... then I realised you're probably talking about the heater

I should have realised, having an older model Salamander myself!!

20211030_124403 (resized).jpg20211030_124403 (resized).jpg
    #18680 2 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Wow, that is a work of art.

Sadly that's all it is... the vent is a pig to get modern ducting to connect to, so even though it's positioned next to a chimney, all it does is sit there and look pretty.

#18682 2 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

My wife is not a big gamer but she loves Tetris so this is getting her in the gameroom more

Good you found something to engage her in there... mine is a no-hoper... the only time she goees down there is when we have guests that are friends of hers, and they go down there to check out the games... she'll then come down to watch them play.

1 week later
    #18716 2 years ago
    Quoted from Shriner37:

I'm blessed to have a girlfriend who doesn't mind and in fact supports the machines being in the main area of the house.

Don't let her go!!

1 month later
    #18979 2 years ago

Mikespinball , what's this game?

20211222_195413 (resized).jpg20211222_195413 (resized).jpg

Flintstones perhaps...?

2 weeks later
    #19067 2 years ago
    Quoted from cconway84:

Buy a 12k sq foot house in Aspen for 35.5 million and get the pinball gameroom included.

Anyone know what that long table thing is in front of the pins?

#19098 2 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Been a few years since posting....

Excellent selection of games... what's the one in the middle if this pic?

Screenshot_20220109-200019_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220109-200019_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

Zooming in to the zoomed in pic it seems to be GoT...

#19143 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballboy:

This is mine. It’s not much but it’s enough for me.

Cool collection of System 80Bs! Highly underrated games IMO! Really looking forwards to getting my TX Sector set up one day!!

1 week later
    #19241 2 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

Haven’t decorated yet, but thrilled to have room for Baywatch again!

Very underrated game IMO.

1 week later
    #19327 2 years ago

Looks like Ted's been a naughty boy and Red's not having any of it!

#19339 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

Looks like now Ted is worried and Red has sobered up.

To me it looks like Red is crushing Ted's balls under the playfield to teach him a lesson for whatever he'd done!

1 week later
    #19397 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballdork:

'Special When Lit' goes to my wife, for playing along with the "Just One More Machine" fallacy.

Very impressive age range of games spanning, if my calculation is correct, 66years!!

#19414 2 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I don't think she will go for your backglass version.

I didn't spot that 'till you mentioned it!!

5 months later
    #20453 1 year ago

All games are finally out of paid storage and 'under one roof'... the main room (which is currently just used as a store for games that are acting as a working platform for working on the ceiling) has just had the backlighting finished that will provide rear lighting for a stack of playfields... I've got space for 98 playfields up there (14 rows of 7). That's the next job!

20220805_192958 (resized).jpg20220805_192958 (resized).jpg20220805_193158 (resized).jpg20220805_193158 (resized).jpg20220805_193722 (resized).jpg20220805_193722 (resized).jpg
    #20454 1 year ago

I just thought I'd share my 'solution' for stopping drywall dust going all over the place (in my case on the pinballs!) when drilling into a drywall ceiling... a lid off a spray can with a hole in it to give a tight fit to the drill bit.

20220805_205117 (resized).jpg20220805_205117 (resized).jpg

#20456 1 year ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Getting there!

Yep... progress would be a lot quicker if I wasn't playing 'spot the pinball' on Pinside so much!

#20459 1 year ago
    Quoted from WesleyB:

Look past the carpet...it will be replaced

Personally I like the carpet... the neutral colour is a nice contrast to the pins...

#20462 1 year ago
    Quoted from WesleyB:

1984 light blue...coundn't go wrong with blue in 1984.

It's faired well if it's been there 38 years!! It must be a trick of the mind because when I first saw the pics I could have swarn it was beige, but now you've said it's blue it's clearly blue!!

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

it basically looks like a large plastic bowl

I'd be curious to see that... you ideally need a cylindrical outer wall or the dust could get centrifuged out...

#20464 1 year ago

I was looking through some photo's to remind myself how the ceiling is constructed behind the drywall in preparation for hanging the playfields and came across this early 'before' photo of the pinball room...

It reminded me how much earth had to be moved to make space for the pins!!

20220806_121152 (resized).jpg20220806_121152 (resized).jpg

#20467 1 year ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Wow, I knew you were building a big pinball room, but had no idea it required moving a mountain!

In the fight between pinball and mountain, pinball won!

#20470 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mikespinball:

how about a hillside that we had to support and road for our driveway on our house. My game room is on the other side of the wall in the daylight basement.

The things we do for pinball!!

#20477 1 year ago
    Quoted from Striker:

Hopefully it’s solid rock

I isn't... just very compact earth that probably hasn't been disturbed for millions of years... possibly even compacted by dinosaurs!

Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

My very humble game room. Hope to add many more in the future.

Watch out... once you've got 2 they start to breed!!

1 week later
    #20486 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Whats the playfield with all the bats on it?

That'll be Mr Doom or Mr Evil... I think the playfields are the same... I have the complete game too (Evil version), not for sale I'll add

Love the artwork on this game, very giallo!

If you want the playfield for decoration I'll swap it for an equally nice Ana Bond playfield (plastics not needed)

Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’ve really turned them over trying different titles.

Nice line-up! What do you find you play the most?

#20488 1 year ago
    Quoted from Boof-Ed:

People don’t believe me but F-14 Tomcat. My favourite pin.

That's funny... I've never even played that game, never mind owned one... the artwork always put me off.

#20535 1 year ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Deadpool Premium arrived last week after 14-15 month wait, first decent time on it last night. Instant hit with the boy!

That MB playfield tucked up in the rafters would make a cool back-lit wall decoration!

#20537 1 year ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

There's twinkling Chrissy lights behind the inserts

I noticed it looked a bit lit-up behind there... would look even better hanging next to that neon IMO...

3 months later
    #21046 1 year ago
    Quoted from Slacker_Quacker:

My humble lineup. I like to think of it as a poor man's pinball museum. Just need a bingo and a DMD.

I'm starting to appreciate the pre-war games more and more! What's the game on the left? Would appreciate a good pic of the playfield

Ah, I see it now... Prospector... Will check it in the IPDB... I see lots if pics there... I see it's a payout machine... so the player gets 1 to 5 bucks for landing in the Big Strike hole, which has to be done by bouncing off one of the lower leaf springs!

Screenshot_20221127-203826_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221127-203826_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #21064 1 year ago
    Quoted from Slacker_Quacker:

Part of me wants to completely restore it, and another part wants to leave it be as is.

Well, it looks pretty good as it is, so I'd opt for the leaving it route! The patina on those old games is worth keeping if it's not too excessive!

You put some pretty good pics up on the IPDB, so my curiosity about the game is very much satisfied with those thanks

Amazing playfield art! Lots of the pre-war games have either no or pretty boring artwork, but this is an exception!

1 year later
    #23772 16 days ago

Finally my pinball playfield ceiling is starting to come together... 3 playfields up there so far (you can just see them on the first pic on the right)... only 95 to go

20240402_201225 (resized).jpg20240402_201225 (resized).jpg20240402_201308 (resized).jpg20240402_201308 (resized).jpg

#23775 16 days ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Can’t wait to see the finished project!

Me neither, of course. Very curious to see if I manage to get the light bouncing around enough up there so that the playfields with no direct light behind them will be almost as well lit as those with lights directly behind... I was going to put baking foil on the back of each playfield (that's on the 3 already up there) with appropriate holes for the lenses and other small openings, like slots for switch wires, but I think I'll abandon that idea as being too much work and instead paint the backs gloss white...

#23777 15 days ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I think it would run led light strips behind them. I don’t know if they would be strong enough to light the inserts.

That's the main source of light on the left side of the first pic actually... as I was installing the lighting I had this idea after I'd already put some 'tube lights' in a certain area... I'll see how it turns out and may add some additional lights if I get dark areas... I've applied reflective silver foil over the entire ceiling in the hope it will help distribute the light. Around the edges I'm planning to install small spot lights fixed to the playfields (screwing them into places that will still allow them to be used in games) that will illuminate backglasse I plan to have on the walls.

The ceiling is angled by the way, and the playfields are also angled, but at a shallower angle than the ceiling, so the gap between the playfields and the ceiling gets wider as the ceiling gets higher.

#23779 15 days ago
    Quoted from RGarriott:

Do you have the PFs already or do you have to collect them still?

They've been littering the place up for years Will be great to eventually have them out of the way!

#23781 15 days ago
    Quoted from KING-HENRY:

that is going to be BADASS...I love it..I'm wondering if you are going to use fiber optic kit that they use for the star lit soffits that you see (here) and in home theaters; running one fiber to each insert on every playfield up there..and controlling it in whatever way you want..wouldn't be an easy task, but HOT DAMN that would be somthing! Do Tell!

I thought about it, and agree that would be truly awesome, the whole ceiling could have its own attract mode sequences... it could really be mind-blowing... but the extra time that would take is putting it out of reach for me... I'm already wondering whether this is going to get finished before I die

When you add the time it's going to take to fix the games up it really limits the time I have spare to finish this off...

#23783 15 days ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Would love to see this complete.. I just started hanging some on my walls and ceiling too.

I'm sure we'll be sharing pics on here when we've finished our projects

#23787 14 days ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

This person has a shit ton of pins, and a whole nother shit ton of work getting it all setup. I have feeling its going to be an even more shit ton of impressive when said and done!

Time will tell... sometimes I look at this shit load of stuff and think 'what the f**k have I done!?' The majority of the pins are being used as a working platform for the ceiling at the moment. Here's what that looks like... pins with long cabs (Gottlieb System 80s, old Sters) are at the back where the ceiling is highest, then shorter cabs as you move forward, then games where the heads are high up when folded (to get lower by walking on the folded heads), then lower down folded heads, then very low folded heads, then just heads at the front... After that I use a ladder in the corridor I've left so you can still walk through the room...

The heads dotted around at the back are just to store them somewhere...they also make handy surfaces to put tools on

20240404_074512 (resized).jpg20240404_074512 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=pinballslave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.