Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrmikeman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14729 4 years ago

My gameroom isn't as impressive but I'm only beginning to re-populate it after a 10-year post divorce hiatus...

Turns out my GF loves pins at least as much as I do if not more.. Found the right one! Here's quote from last week "NOTHING leaves. More is better".

Using one of the 4 bedrooms for a game room. 1 is for my gaming computer/VR room. 1 is a guest room and the other is mine of course lol.

MMrRE on order will be added shortly(there's room for 4 on that wall). Also just managed to get my hands on a Dr Who once we figure out transport. The mini-fridge will go under the TV and pin #5 will go where the fridge is now. After that I have to use the home theater room as an overflow lol.

Wall art will start going up soon. Have a few BGs and translites to go up but need to get/make lit frames.
    Gameroom-feb2020 (resized).jpgGameroom-feb2020 (resized).jpgIMG-1746 (resized).jpgIMG-1746 (resized).jpgIMG-1747 (resized).jpgIMG-1747 (resized).jpg

2 months later
    #15054 3 years ago
    Quoted from ElectricLou:

Long time since I post my rooms.
    Stripped my pin collections saying I was over this sh*t.
    Yeah right..
    1 more in the garage for high end resto. I enjoy much more playing IN them than WITH them now.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Osti de belle cabane

And for those who don’t understand: nice place.

#15062 3 years ago
    Quoted from ElectricLou:

Digital jukebox? Not sure what you are taliking about.
    Hmmm...not pinball related...maybe the shakespear bust on the bar. When you push back its head There is a switch that open or close all games.

He is asking about this thing:

thing (resized).jpgthing (resized).jpg
    #15081 3 years ago
    Quoted from ElectricLou:

I bought mine used for 200$. Great deal

Wow I never find deals like that.. lol

It would be a cool addition to the game room.

#15084 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

If I could buy one for $200, I would buy it in a second. For $1K not so much at this point.

Same

1 month later
    #15390 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

My gameroom isn't as impressive but I'm only beginning to re-populate it after a 10-year post divorce hiatus...
    Turns out my GF loves pins at least as much as I do if not more.. Found the right one! Here's quote from last week "NOTHING leaves. More is better".
    Using one of the 4 bedrooms for a game room. 1 is for my gaming computer/VR room. 1 is a guest room and the other is mine of course lol.
    MMrRE on order will be added shortly(there's room for 4 on that wall). Also just managed to get my hands on a Dr Who once we figure out transport. The mini-fridge will go under the TV and pin #5 will go where the fridge is now. After that I have to use the home theater room as an overflow lol.
    Wall art will start going up soon. Have a few BGs and translites to go up but need to get/make lit frames.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Collection has expanded. Room is full (keeping the seating arrangement). Have 1 game(RFM) in the overflow room(home theatre). Will most likely move all the games in that bigger room and get rid of the projector and screen. Rarely sit there to watch movies anyway. Then I’ll have room for 4-5 more games.

1DD40789-74BC-468A-AB91-DF68F1560213 (resized).jpeg1DD40789-74BC-468A-AB91-DF68F1560213 (resized).jpeg99F0B668-A116-4E68-871A-1C6375E7A1E8 (resized).jpeg99F0B668-A116-4E68-871A-1C6375E7A1E8 (resized).jpegB1B5C1E3-AB7F-4DFF-A7A3-3273ADF2EB36 (resized).jpegB1B5C1E3-AB7F-4DFF-A7A3-3273ADF2EB36 (resized).jpeg5057AB9A-61B7-4BDB-81AC-C68A5230E6BD (resized).jpeg5057AB9A-61B7-4BDB-81AC-C68A5230E6BD (resized).jpeg
    #15405 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Couple pics of my favorite part of the gameroom
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Canadian eh? That clamato goodness does give it away. The jar of weed also gives it away. Lol.

#15407 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Only American is the Jack Daniels I think. Brewhouse is a Saskatchewan beer and the AGD is Alberta brewed. Royal reserve and the cheap vodka are definitely Canadian. Not sure about fireball. I love doing shots of it from the freezer. Same with tequila. So much better cold.
    We both love spicy ceasars. That's a new to us flavor of clamato. Pickled bean flavored. I'll let you know how it tastes in a hr or two.[quoted image]

i find it ok but prefer the regular spicy clamato. P.s. u missed my edit lol...

1 month later
    #15596 3 years ago

Got rid of the home theatre and declared that room the new and improved game room. Still some work to do. Waiting for lit frames and another pf to hang up(won an autographed stern jp pf). Fireplace is gonna come out if we decide to stay in this house. More room for 1-2 more games.

Still need to fix the infinity lighting on the juke. Converted to MP3 but you wouldn’t know by using it unless you looked inside. Behaves as original but with uno mega with mp3 shield. Video of juke “behaviour”:

15077358-C65C-45A7-94F5-880BFFA1B9B6 (resized).jpeg15077358-C65C-45A7-94F5-880BFFA1B9B6 (resized).jpeg4DBF69D1-DF81-480F-971B-EC1C70FB7860 (resized).jpeg4DBF69D1-DF81-480F-971B-EC1C70FB7860 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #15739 3 years ago
    Quoted from Medic:

#firstworldproblems wife will only let me have 4.
    [quoted image]

You can easily sell the point that adding one more will take no more space. Get them closer. You can fit 5 in the same space the 4 are. You need a JJP to round things out.

Or a Medieval Madness to go with that sword.. And THEN a JJP.

1 month later
    #16023 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

yeah when the pandemic is over I'm letting every parent on my block bring their kids over to the arcade.

Ooohh can I pretend I have kids(that aren't grown up and gone)?

1 month later
    3 weeks later
    #16443 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

In lieu of shuffleboard, skee ball is an option! That one, my gf really likes (so do the kids)

Or a puck bowler. Had one and it was certainly fun.

1 month later
    #16638 3 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

ATTN: Buffalo
    I moved to your glorious city last week.
    I'm pleased to announce that I've finished unpacking all my shit and was able to set up the first edition of Cloudy Laundromat™ this afternoon.
    Let's hang when the pandemic finally gets its ass kicked OK?
    xo
    (Oh, and go Bills!)
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Nice gameroom but I really like your Weltron turntable

#16642 3 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

You get serious brownie points for knowing about Weltron gear!

I'd love to say I knew all about it but I'm just good at using google. I searched after seeing the pic and found out what it was in about 45 seconds. I am totally jealous. I need one.

1 week later
    #16727 3 years ago
    Quoted from Timfenske11:

Why so few circuits on a new build? Most "new" games are rated at 8 amps. I have no problem running 3 on a 20 amp circuit but I would worry about 6 if they were all on at once. Just my two cents as an electrician since its easy and very inexpensive to do now rather than later
    On another note looks like it will be an amazing house.

I have 6 pins on a 15 amp circuit. And 2 jukes and a mini fridge. Never had any issues. Never had all 6 played at the same time but had 4.

Not by choice. Stupid electric layout but i am not opening walls.

1 month later
    #16996 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

We are a rare breed! Only 2 pinsiders that enjoy Red Dog![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Needs more dog

#17002 3 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

I enjoy free beer.
    Any pics with a bowler or skee ball
    My wife loves to play bowlers.
    It's a bunch of real estate.....

Had a puck bowler. Miss it.

3 weeks later
    #17186 3 years ago
    Quoted from MVCO:

Can you tell I like old Bally's? Also collect vending stuff. Many of the pins are HUO. My pride and joy accumulated over the last 30 years.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice collection. Jealous of the Nickelodeon Player piano!

1 week later
    #17243 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

This reminds me of the Jeremy Williams Arduino-powered PF lighting kits no longer sold? It was a great product I wish I could get for my spare Deadpool PF! Jump to 2:55

I remember it was prohibitively expensive.. like around 500$ or more for the kit. As usual, they got slaughtered on Pinside by armchair designers who thought they could design something similar for 1/5th the price. Of course that never happened.

Everybody wanted that kit but nobody was prepared to pay what it really cost unfortunately. Given the 1-2$k toppers being sold now I think it could probably work now. They were just a little ahead of their time.

Here's my 15$ solution from Amazon. Sorry for the short clip. There's 8-10 different flashing patterns and didn't feel like recording for 4-5 mins to get them all.

https://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Waterproof-Decorative-Valentines-Bedroom/dp/B07HH1FDY3/ref=sr_1_12

They have 50 and 100 light strings. I used 100 lights.

#17245 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Rechargeable USB lights? Brilliant!
    I was looking for something like this and didn't know it existed. Thank you!
    MrMikeman Can one remote turn on and off 2 or more at the same time? Or do I need to use a separate remote for each one?

They are not rechargeable or battery operated. They run off a USB port. I have a power bar with USB power on it that they are plugged into. 1 remote operates all within IR range. In my case both my USB "sticks" are near each other so both playfields turn on and off together.

5BDCC736-4840-4FBB-9318-9F629C1CFD2A (resized).jpeg5BDCC736-4840-4FBB-9318-9F629C1CFD2A (resized).jpeg
    #17265 3 years ago
    Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I was focused on an expensive, complicated, sophisticated sequencer. Until you posted this!
    It took me 45 minutes to setup and $11.95
    Thanks for posting the info!

Nicely done! Just takes a bit of patience and a whole lot of duct tape lol.

I'm surprised at how few inserts are on TAF! I had 64 on DrWho and at least that many on JP.

1 month later
    #17426 2 years ago
    Quoted from trueno92:

Omg wow is there a diy thread for this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/345#post-6191855

Duct tape and a cheap-ass light string from Amazon. not much to explain really...

#17456 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Nice collection of Sys-11 games...but you need a Mousin' Around.

Or something from this millennia..

4 weeks later
    #17613 2 years ago

A few changed games since last time.

6825A776-7649-4777-8010-3000B06E35D2 (resized).jpeg6825A776-7649-4777-8010-3000B06E35D2 (resized).jpegB39B36B8-0F78-4592-B12E-F1CBB85D563B (resized).jpegB39B36B8-0F78-4592-B12E-F1CBB85D563B (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #17699 2 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

6 for the case! 2 for the cpu are Obove facing down.

Similar to mine. 6 for the case (3 front 2 top and 1 back) and 2 for the CPU (radiator)..

C68785D8-4AE8-4452-9363-B16672D6B39B (resized).jpegC68785D8-4AE8-4452-9363-B16672D6B39B (resized).jpeg
    #17704 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Wait, back up the truck. How did you get your hands on a 3090 GPU?
    You’re mining with that when you’re not gaming right? That thing should bring in about $210/month.

Totally a gaming computer. I paid a little over retail for the 3090. Computer is a bit old. I9-9900. 5tb of SSD storage (2tb +1tb M.2 pcie and 2tb ssd)

1 month later
    #17896 2 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

When you figure it out let me know. I have the exact same NSM hanging in my office. The dollar bill acceptor is no longer working and I want to put it on free play.

it’s in the manual. Had to do it for mine. IIRC it’s a setting about pre-loaded credits and if set to 99 it’s on free play. There is a battery/ram chip in there that needs replacement every few years. Otherwise the settings don’t keep and the machine won’t work right.

#17899 2 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

I read about the 99 credits and had to use a dollar bill to reach that amount but it still didn’t work? Maybe it is a dead battery I will check that out thanks

No it's not about entering credits. It's a setting. While some recommend leaving the interlock switch pulled all the time which lets you play songs without credits I don't recommend that solution. It leaves the juke in programmable mode after power up and can get really messed up by someone who doesn't realize they are changing settings.

The programmable settings 90-94 will need to be set. P090-P091-P092-P093 are set to 0. P094 is set to 200. Free play all the time.

You have to go into settings:

- Open the door and pull out the white interlock switch.
    - Display should show P010 in the SELECTION window and some other numbers in the other windows.

- Press 'C' - display should show only P with no other digits

- Enter 090 and press H
    - Enter 0 and press H

- Enter 091 and press H
    - Enter 0 and press H

- Enter 092 and press H
    - Enter 0 and press H

- Enter 093 and press H
    - Enter 0 and press H

- Enter 094 and press H
    - Enter 200 and press H

Push the interlock back in. Close the door. You are done.

If the ram/battery chip is dead then the settings will not remain after you power off and the juke will not function correctly anyway.

#17910 2 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

Hey Mike, no luck with your instructions and pulling plunger out doesn’t work either. I’ve attached a pic of mpu would you happen to know which is the ram/battery chip?
    Thanks again[quoted image]

Yup.

17CE7F2B-5C14-4E7E-B07A-AA6FE50B931E (resized).jpeg17CE7F2B-5C14-4E7E-B07A-AA6FE50B931E (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #17993 2 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

So I've been staring at the image an hour now and I still don't see the 3D image..I hate these things. What is it supposed to be a rocket or whale or something? [quoted image]

Some folks have a hard time seeing it. Some ppl can't (like my GF). You have to look at it slightly cross-eyed. Easiest way is with a frame with a glass. You focus on your reflection. There's no "image" that appears. It's just a shape that either sticks out towards you or deeper "behind" the image.

#17998 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

I know where you're coming from, I'd love to invite people off the street to come and play the pins, give them a break from their daily routine and something fun to do to bring a smile to their faces... the only snag is my wife doesn't like visitors, especially ones she doesn't personally know and like (which excludes most of my friends), so pretty much no-one gets to play them except me!!

I can relate. She loves pinball. Hates people. Lol

1 month later
    #18350 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Over the weekend I built a stand and put a revolving Merry-go-Round (that I picked
    up over the Summer) above the pellet stove. I'm 100% EM and know nothing about
    sound components but the 1956 "Peppy the Clown" I have has a modern sound device
    to play its music..
    I'm sure this is a ridiculous question to many, but what's an easy inexpensive way to
    record and add Carousel music to the Merry-go-Round? Thanks for any suggestions.. (T)
    [quoted image]

Not plug-and-play but fairly easy to setup.

https://www.amazon.ca/Music-Player-Programmable-Button-Control/dp/B01M35VHY5/ref=sr_1_6

2 months later
    #18886 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Current line up.
    [quoted image]

Hot Tip was my first game!

#18933 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I hear ya, I was an arcade kid in the 80s, wasn't into pinball until High Speed blew my mind, and I've never looked at arcades the same since.

Same!

2 months later
    #19558 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Not being rude just questioning but why have them? If you aren’t going to play like crazy? Wouldn’t it be cheaper and easier to just go to an arcade? I play mine every weekend after cleaning the house or finishing my “honey-do-list”! I think I played 100 games last night with the kids!

Almost there! Once you realize that pinball isn't a weekend only thing you'll be a pinhead!

#19563 2 years ago

The guy I bought my WOZ from barely plays. He has a house packed with games in every room.
    He said he enjoys looking at the blinky lights more than playing. To each their own I guess.

3 weeks later
    #19784 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I’ve never seen that! I want one now!

Me too!!!

1 week later
    #19826 2 years ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

This isn't going to be exactly on topic... but the audience is right... was wondering about pricing back in the day on new games. Specifically, wondered if Williams or Bally in the 80s and 90s had all new titles coming out at a standard price that wasn't based on the title? Sort of like how it is now with Stern, where every new game has the same price (not counting different prices for Pro, Premium, LE... I mean, standard price regardless of whether it is Rush or Star Wars or Godzilla).
    Did they do the same thing back in the day? Like in 1990 or so, would Rollergames and Diner and then Funhouse all have cost the same to an operator that was buying it new?
    My train of thought being how those three all have different values right now as would other sets of games from the same year. Like in 1991, maybe you could have bought Terminator 2 or Gilligan's Island or Bugs Bunny... but how disappointed would you be looking at values if you had bought Bugs Bunny and not something else?
    Guess I'm just thinking of all the new Sterns with the same price when new... there are inevitably going to be some duds and some great ones, yet you don't know it on day one and might still pay that full amount for what is later realized to be a lousy game. I can think of a few in the past couple years that are great and some that are not. Yet resale prices don't seem to show that yet.

If you are only into this hobby to maximize value/profit then you are in it for the wrong reasons! Buy what makes YOU happy.

The problem with Stern is they release games that are incomplete, which inevitably makes them seem as duds from the get go. Case in point: I bought Stranger Things LE from my distro more than a year after release because nobody wanted them. Early code sucked. Now it seems to have picked up a lot in interest/value but it's too late I got rid of mine because my wife just didn't get into it. We are both avid pinballers but she really didn't connect with that one.

When I bought JPLE(first NIB) I had NO idea that the game would turn out so great. Had it over a year before the code was even completed (v1.0). I took a chance and scored big time on that one. Actually only bought it because my MMr was taking so long to arrive. Sometimes there's a bit of luck involved.

#19834 2 years ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Best to play any titles you want to buy in advance of commiting I’d say. Being an early adopter on something going for $16k CAD and it could be a dud just ain’t in the cards for me.

Agreed although sometimes itks just not possible. I ordered a P3 machine with Weird Al. Unfortunately not only is it difficult to try weird al (very few out in the US) but there aren’t any P3s locally that I know of even though the company has been around for 10 years. Can’t even try the machine. Had to make a leap of faith. An over 20kCAD leap.

3 weeks later
    #19936 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

"...it's addictive!"
    "...won't be long before you get your second machine!"
    "...down the wormhole we go!"
    Funny, I didn't have a single game less than two years ago. Now look at this mess! [quoted image][quoted image]

Yep. When non-pinheads visit and don't get why you'd ever have more than 1, I do the game console analogy. Would you really play just ONE game forever? Not likely. It gets boring. That's why you buy more games! They usually understand at that point.

1 month later
    #20202 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skatewake:

Yes, ditch the couch..... no time to be sitting down....

If you need seating get a few stools that can be used to play pinball.

1 month later
    #20392 1 year ago
    Quoted from JustLikeMe:

It's been a long time coming, but I can finally contribute to this thread. Moved earlier this year to a house which had an outbuilding that had previously been used as a workshop - wasn't much to look at, but it had three phase electric and running water at least:

I immediately saw the potential for a pin room - I'm just lucky my wife liked the house attached - and got to work on it a couple of months ago. Building work finished last week, and I moved the machines in this week. Incredibly happy with the outcome.

Very nice!!! Well done you!

1 month later
    #20590 1 year ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Help with picking my next game, please...
    We are looking to add a non-pinball game for more variety. The space in question is behind the couch, along the wall. With Arcade Legends moved to one side, there is approx 90 inches (7.5 ft) along the wall and 69 inches from wall to couch.
    We also have a megatouch that is behind the jukbox (not shown in the pic).
    (and yes, I know and worry about the pin next to the windows, but it is a vacation house and they spend most of their lives covered with the blinds closed)
    I have some ideas, but didn't want to bias the opinions yet
    thanks![quoted image]

You're on a pinballl forum. Most will recommend more pinbal lol. Add a pinball and replace the shuffle board with a shuffle alley.

1 week later
    #20654 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Superb!. They expensive?

I think we all know what the answer to THAT question will be

Maybe you should rephrase to "How insanely expensive was it?"

4 months later
    #21452 1 year ago
    Quoted from Days:Hahahaha!
    Of course i will not have a NEON sign saying "coffee" , i will have something saying Arcade _____ in neon, just used that 3D neon template just to have an idea of how it will look, aso the red slotmachine will be a "Megatouch" machine or a Pachinko machine. I will have a beer tower etc etc... haaa and of course... i will not have only Game of thrones pinball machines, it's always GOT model just to give an idea of how it will look like

I especially like the British pinballs with the shooter on the wrong side lol. Well they must be British since they also drive on the wrong side

1 week later
    #21553 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ballderdash:

Now I understand the purple hue mixed with the red LEDs.

Precisely why I added the shuffleboard and SuperChexx. However, in hindsight I wish I had gone with a bowler. Yet they are just so large and unlike the shuffle, pretty much need to back up against a wall. What length is yours? Btw, there’s a guy in Ohio that restores them to original quality but they’re like $10,000 plus. Yours for $1,000 was a steal!

A shuffle alley is quite fun as well. Usually relatively inexpensive too. Not quite as long as a bowler. Mine is 9 feet long.

3 weeks later
    #21704 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

So, here’s my game room as it is today. My newest addition was a couple rolls of 1/2” neon gaffer tape to add some glow to my Arcade1up collection and skeeball game. The retro consoles are all modified or running an everdrive with the entire library of games except for the ps1 (haven’t got to it yet) and ps2 (it only has about 200 games on the hard drive). They can be played on the Sony crt in the corner or on the projector, or both at the same time. This side of the room has a pretty kick ass surround sound system for watching movies too. The other side of the room is for my 1up’s, full sized mame cabinet, and a racing chair connected to a ps3. There’s a 10 foot storage room behind the back wall that will eventually become part of this room as I need more space for games, but that project is a couple years away. My next addition will probably be an AFM pin, unless there’s a new 1up that catches my attention before then. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking nice! You do need a real pinball or 2 in there though

1 month later
    #21781 1 year ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I see you got the extended cab version of Led Zeppelin.

Shuffle alley sized!

1 month later
    #22009 11 months ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

Working on it now. I'll start a new thread and invite the people who posted here.

Invite me too please

#22022 11 months ago

Who gives a shit that someone else has the same artwork as another? Decorate your game room in a way that it means something to you, not for the sake of being different.

Reminds me of teens. “I’m going Goth to be different”. Yeaaaaah. Like all the other teens doing the same. Trying too hard to be unique & different is a waste of time. Everyone IS unique in some way. Just be you.

#22062 11 months ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Having a hard time understanding this one. If you’re putting together a really expensive game room, what’s wrong with wanting to have unique stuff?

No issue with being unique at all. It's a personal preference/choice thing.

I prefer to focus on what makes me happy and nostalgic as opposed to having something nobody else has. I accept that there are different opinions and that's fine. It doesn't mean I think I am right and they are wrong. We don't all have to think alike. To each their own. Whatever floats your boat!

2 weeks later
    #22149 11 months ago

Not very exciting but my summer game room is good to go. It’s for games that will never be worthy of making the real line up and that go in storage over the winter.

IMG_5770 (resized).jpegIMG_5770 (resized).jpegIMG_5772 (resized).jpegIMG_5772 (resized).jpeg
    #22152 11 months ago
    Quoted from zebpin61:

Summer game room.... I like it! In my entire life I've injured my back twice: the day I bought a 12ft shuffle bowling game and the day I sold it. You're a better man than me or at least stronger, if you're moving that beast twice a year. Enjoy!

I get help. It’s “only” 9 feet long. The 2 parts aren’t really heavy.

#22154 11 months ago
    Quoted from Nintegageo:

You probably just taught him they come apart haha

LOL. Actually it comes apart in 5 pieces but I usually just keep in 2 parts.

1 month later
    #22510 9 months ago
    Quoted from MWM82:

How do you like that Shuffle Bowler? Is is frequently played? Any recommendations if I were to get one?

Quoted from TonyP66:

It is fun when you get a crowd, but it does not get much play solo. People like that it is pretty simple in nature and the scores are are always close.
    For me it fit perfectly in that spot for something a bit different.

I agree with that assessment! I also have one, albeit in my “summer” game room. A.K.A. the garage. Goes in storage for the winters.

Great game when you get 4+ players going. Short games. Good players don’t get to hog the machine like pinball. 1-2 players is meh.

1 month later
    #22650 7 months ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I really enjoy looking through these cool pictures of game rooms. Keep em' coming folks!

Fine. Here you go! Lol

Same layout but different games from last time I posted pics.

I’ve included the “summer game room” too.

IMG_6060 (resized).jpegIMG_6060 (resized).jpegIMG_6061 (resized).jpegIMG_6061 (resized).jpegIMG_6062 (resized).jpegIMG_6062 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #22766 7 months ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Yup, I keep mine tight also to improve my tournament skills at nudging without causing a tilt. Anyone can slide the pin around, but slap saves and small thumps take practice.
    Besides the warning and tilt callouts are funny to hear once in a while. I love the claxon warning sound on TWD and AIQ warning "DONT SHAKE MACHINE!!" and tilt callout "Hulk Sorry".

On Weird Al (Multimorphic) I thought I heard a tilt warning say something "Hey stop shaking the machine or I'll tell the attendant!"

I don't get warnings often because the game is so damn heavy. It's like trying to nudge a freakin house.

2 weeks later
    1 month later
    #23061 4 months ago

Updated line up. Messy room. I just got Labyrinth in.

IMG_6457 (resized).jpegIMG_6457 (resized).jpegIMG_6458 (resized).jpegIMG_6458 (resized).jpegIMG_6459 (resized).jpegIMG_6459 (resized).jpeg
    #23070 4 months ago
    Quoted from kool1:

How do you like Labyrinth so far? Played at Expo, seemed like a solid game.

Really enjoying the game so far. “It’s harder than you think” would be a great slogan. It’s actually really hard. The rules for the wizard mode remind me of Valinor on LOTR. You have to successfully finish all modes but you can’t redo them until they are all attempted(or reach level 4 with Hoggle or Didimus I can’t recall). I’m a decent player and can’t get more than 3-4 attempted, usually failed attempts, in 1 game. Outlanes have no physical adjustement possible and they are sooooooo hungry.

It also reminds me a bit of “When Dinosaurs ruled the earth” on JP or “Over the Rainbow” on WoZ. Wizard modes that are unlikely to be seen by most players.

3 weeks later
    #23210 4 months ago
    Quoted from KING-HENRY:

You really need another NBA Fastbreak, so you can link them...I had a linked set for a bit, and it was the coolest, most competitive setup pinball has to offer (and the only scenerio where you can link two pinball machines!)

Sorry to burst your bubble but Multimorphic has a head to head game with linked games(CL module), as well as online racing against other P3s with Cosmic Cart Racing. So while NBA has the likely honour of being first, it is certainly not the only way to link machines.

#23271 3 months ago
    Quoted from RikeIsland:

What is the best way to hang a playfield on a wall? I have seen the picture frame wire trick, but I was wanting them to be more flush to the wall. Thought about finding existing holes and just using a flat head screw.

That’s what I did.

IMG_4204 (resized).jpegIMG_4204 (resized).jpeg
    #23274 3 months ago

Ready for the family to arrive any minute for XMas dinner.

IMG_3347 (resized).jpegIMG_3347 (resized).jpegIMG_3349 (resized).jpegIMG_3349 (resized).jpeg
    #23282 3 months ago
    Quoted from KING-HENRY:

coo, cozy setup there How do you like your Labrynth? How does it stack up against the rest of your pins there? Merry Christmas!!

Labyrinth is hard as f#&$.

Really tight shots with canyonesque outlanes.

I can’t get enough of it. What a game!

1 month later
    #23558 79 days ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

How often does your shuffleboard get played. The wife and I are actually thinking of picking one up. Good beer drinking game.

We have a shuffle bowler that surprisingly gets a lot of attention when we have groups over. There's no delay or waiting for good players (like pinball). In fact good players play quicker by hitting strikes. 6-player games are a ton of fun

The only real downside is the size. At 9 feet long it's a summer game room thing (garage). It gets thrown in storage for the winter.

1 week later
    #23574 71 days ago
    Quoted from Dashmonster:

I am with you on a JP. I think the LE armor though, my friend has a FF premium and it looks bad next to the BRK Elvira he just got. I don’t think 12k is a good price for used stern LE but 500 in the world I may have to pay to play for JP.
    Now Jaws LE with that white armor might look sick next to GnR. I bet I can get an LE of Jaws for 10k before I can get LE of JP.

There are 1000 JP LEs out in the world. 500 green and 500 35th.

Funny about the JAWS LE white powdercoat. Lots of folks seem to like it and I hate it so much! This isn't a movie about pristine snowy mountains. Not sure why some think white suits this theme. To me it makes no sense. Maybe it's the "seamen wear white" but then again fishermen definitely don't. Sooooo. Why?

All I can imagine is seeing all the dirty fingerprints on the lockbar and armor all the time, especially on location.

3 weeks later
    #23611 48 days ago

Had to remove some items. Vewlix and Jukebox out. JAWS in.

IMG_6740 (resized).jpegIMG_6740 (resized).jpegIMG_6746 (resized).jpegIMG_6746 (resized).jpeg
    #23615 48 days ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Oooooo…
    Couple of questions!
    1. What did you do with your vewlix?! I love those machines, I had to build one because I couldn’t find one to purchase.
    2. Your dot matrix clock…. Is that rundmd? Can you tell me more on the large led panels that it is made of?
    Nice collection too!

1. I put it in the garage for now. Will list it for sale soon. There’s an importer in Montreal (150miles for me) and they sell them for 2.5k-3k CAD. That’s about 1800-2200$ USD.

2. It’s a run dmd. No idea which panels are used I bought it as a kit many years ago from someone on Pinside. They no longer sell full kits, they only sell frames now I think.

3. Thanks! Also missing a P3 (behind the camera) and JPLE (right of STTNG) from the pic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrmikeman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=mrmikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.