Topic Stats

• 23,818 posts
  • 2,344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by YippieKiYay
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_232536 (resized).jpg
    20240423_230401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikecav.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12732 5 years ago

We bought a new house and are in the middle of a complete reno/addition. We've been renting for the past 2 years and all of my games are out on loan to friends at the moment.

Part of the deal with the new house was that under the new family room area I'd get a basement with 9 foot ceilings. This is as of today.. to be my game room in just a few months...

IMG_5442 (resized).jpegIMG_5442 (resized).jpegIMG_5443 (resized).jpegIMG_5443 (resized).jpegIMG_5444 (resized).jpgIMG_5444 (resized).jpgIMG_5445 (resized).jpgIMG_5445 (resized).jpg
    #12742 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Very interesting framing. Where are you from?

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Why metal studs?

We are in NJ. The foundation is a precast foundation. It is poured offsite to spec and the framing \ insulation is all built in. It's pretty cool actually. They just truck it onto your property, crane it into place and boom, you have an addition. See photo of them swinging one section into place

They arrived at my property at 7:30 AM and pulled away at 11 AM. All set, we could put the deck on it that day (but we waited until the following day). There were 6 sections, and they are attached with bolts and glue. I was told that the glue is so strong that one time when coming back to try to correct something, they tried to separate the panels and ended up breaking the foundation while the glue held.

The foundation needs no water proofing as the conditions in the plant are so good that they density of the foundation is far superior to that which could be achieved on site.

It's more expensive, but the timing of our project was such that it made sense. A traditional foundation would have delayed us a few months, and this we could pop right in and work through the winter months. I'm very pleased with it so far.

IMG_2728 (resized).jpgIMG_2728 (resized).jpg
    #12745 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

WOW, talk about a home renovation. Did you invite Bob vila over?
    Great job, can't wait to see it finished!!

Yup, this has become a full gut and major reno. We are basically getting a brand new house. Here are some pictures of where we stand now. Siding started going on yesterday. Pardon the landscaping for now please...

Quoted from RWH:

Have not seen that system here in Ohio yet and I'm on various job sites weekly. Looks very interesting though. Nothing seems to far out to me since I saw them constructing bridge abutments out of huge styrofoam blocks they covered with a cement product. The entire approach to the bridge was done like that and this is on I-75 which is a very busy corridor.

Apparently it's becoming more and more popular. I'm seeing it all over in our area.

front (resized).jpgfront (resized).jpgsiding2 (resized).jpgsiding2 (resized).jpg
    1 year later
    #16233 3 years ago
    Quoted from TUFLYF:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can I ask- Where did you get those stools for the cocktail? I'm in the market for some for my galaga, the ones I have are garbage.

3 weeks later
    #16375 3 years ago

Love the floors, I almost did epoxy on mine as well, but decided to stain them instead. Did you do it yourself or have a professional in? I stained myself to save some $$

I'm in the middle of my game room work now, can't wait to finish....

1 month later
    #16769 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikecav:

We bought a new house and are in the middle of a complete reno/addition. We've been renting for the past 2 years and all of my games are out on loan to friends at the moment.
    Part of the deal with the new house was that under the new family room area I'd get a basement with 9 foot ceilings. This is as of today.. to be my game room in just a few months...
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

See above for where I started... this project was moved up in priority due to the pandemic and me working from home. My arcade/office space is almost done, just need to decorate the walls (and add some more pins)...

The contractors did most of the work, but I finished the floors, built the shelves, did some of the metal work, finished the stairs, and built the hockey stick tops... I considered trying to black out the ceiling myself, but decided against and thank goodness I did after I saw the effort that went into that!

IMG_8254.JPGIMG_8254.JPGIMG_8255.JPGIMG_8255.JPGIMG_8256.JPGIMG_8256.JPGIMG_8257.JPGIMG_8257.JPGIMG_8258.JPGIMG_8258.JPGIMG_8259.JPGIMG_8259.JPGIMG_8260.JPGIMG_8260.JPGIMG_8261.JPGIMG_8261.JPGIMG_8262.JPGIMG_8262.JPGIMG_8263.JPGIMG_8263.JPGIMG_8264.JPGIMG_8264.JPG
    #16778 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

And indoor shooting range!

LOL I've been asked by the wife not to fire the guns in the house...

#16779 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Hockey sticks top, beer on tap, full size Donkey Kong and Mrs Pac-Man! I dig that!

Thanks! What goes together better than hockey and beer?? Just can't wait to the pandemic is over so I can get back to the rink to drink those beers with the boys after a game!

#16785 3 years ago
    Quoted from CanadianPinball:

mikecav Talk to me about the beer selection on the TV and then your keg-o-rator setup.
    Hockey is sorely missed right now!

CanadianPinball the beer list on the tv is run though taplist.io. It's mostly set up for kegs, and I believe its used commercially, but there is a $39 a year home subscription that works for me.

I only have a small two tap kegerator, but I have a decent amount of cans on hand right now... so I was able to mess around with it and load can and bottle images in place of the keg images. You can check out what I currently have on tap (sixtels of Sloop Juice Bomb and Kane Head High) and in can/bottle at https://taplist.io/mikecav.

There is a Amazon Firestick app that plays to my tv and scrolls through my beer. It's easy to update in real time via the web, you can add whatever beer you have with little effort. Unnecessary but very cool I think...

Hockey is missed... I'm "growing out of" my hockey gear with all this pandemic sitting around... at least we are back with the NHL next week... Let's go Rangers!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikecav.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=mikecav and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.