Topic Stats

• 14,139 posts
  • 1,738 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 minutes ago by Zablon
  • Topic is favorited by 725 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,683 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

677EE45D-693C-4EAA-815D-96AC88636088 (resized).jpeg
    key-cutting-machine (resized).jpg
    73703770-E626-41CA-882D-1FF7B03675A2 (resized).jpeg
    24A9AB42-B516-4752-BB6C-9C06E41A8D34 (resized).jpeg
    417D7DDD-2A8F-4857-B8C8-7FFEF4C0DCAE (resized).jpeg
    97432E89-8AAE-41F8-9D89-E3BD51D803D7 (resized).jpeg
    DC6092A5-CA4B-4951-82C7-353B26EF8A6D (resized).jpeg
    8A40CB8D-BA2C-41E6-BF90-11799509FE89 (resized).jpeg
    CC2D293A-ADFF-4DE0-8689-E37882CB44AE (resized).jpeg
    E2BBAE6C-7DEF-47D5-83F6-0FC07EA7045C (resized).jpeg
    6eba9dca7e3f9b64d6631a0eacb0b3d3e17859c0 (resized).jpg
    59269179-EADE-4F1B-9A65-C6AD5326E640 (resized).jpeg
    624CABC8-0FDE-4DF7-ACB9-8892EB33529E (resized).jpeg
    5CB44C9A-3E90-4962-83C0-AEF40F1949A8 (resized).jpeg
    451A5D7F-3218-49D2-B64D-78F8532B64EE (resized).jpeg
    FA64CDC6-B9C0-4543-A703-F5F269E1E846 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6645 3 years ago

Future pinhead...

image_(resized).jpeg

#6647 3 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Right on. Man I miss Visalia nice place. Worked and lived there a couple of years building power lines.

Bueatiful town but today is a scortcher (108F)... Perfect day to play pin tho

#6649 3 years ago

Corner cafe moved, they are now in a strip mall and everything is shiney and new which feels a little wierd but the food is still great as ever.

#6652 3 years ago

Exactly lmao!

#6655 3 years ago

Not full and throughly cleaned... Although the 12 year old in me thinks that could be quite exciting

I think I got the can for about 10 bucks and a two bucks for the jumbo cocktail umbrella (pack of 5).

One of these days I'd like to add some lighting to it and some other fun scene elements.

#6700 3 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Yeah but, killer games. I see Wizzard of Oz, Kiss, Star Trek, and Simpson pinball party. Am I right?

I see Game of Thrones as well. It took me a while to notice there was another game in there lol. With WOZ's playfield dark and Game of thrones back out of the picture my eyes only wanted to see 4 instead of 5.

#6709 3 years ago

A gallery view of all images associated to a particular thread seems like something that would actually be usefull (and fun to view) in a thread like this (and some others) and also seems like it would probably be reasonably easy to code.

#6714 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

Building an array of images that exist in posts in a topic would not be difficult on the PHP side of things, nor would building a simple responsive grid to display the images.
    I sent Robin some code help to fix an issue with Facebook Open Graph data on Pinside Market ads, which he did say he would implement, although I do not know if it happened yet.
    Maybe I will whip something up and send him a snippet to possibly create a topic image gallery view.

YupYup, the image info object could even include a link back to the post that it came from allowing you to visually jump to a spot in a thread like this that is mostly pictures already.

1 month later
    #6996 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballdork:

It's a homemade pub/Mame table. It's also a virtual pin table. I have buttons drilled into the sides for flippers. And buttons in the front to launch ball, start. Etc. it plays all the pinball software. The viewing angle isn't great when playing pin lengthwise, but it works on the rare occasions I wanna play it.

I like that idea, real multi-puropse, may have to copy that someday time permitting.

3 months later
    #7530 3 years ago

Not highlighting the room, just have friends and family over and the pins have been getting non stop play. Fun times.

IMG_4710 (resized).JPG

#7543 3 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Very diverse...and not even one game with a dot matrix display.

Thanks. Also have a couple EM's, one that will edventually be in there.

Yeah, I sort of skipped the whole DMD thing, it won't be that way forever, just sorta the way things worked out lol.

Getting ready to move my office and the wifes craft area to a dedicated room which should make room for 3-4 more. I've got one or two DMD games in mind that might make it in and the wife is encouraging me to sell RFM as there are other games she likes better. I don't know though, I'm kind of fond of the P2K platform.

#7563 3 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

so only 4-5 games in 6-10 months? slacker.

LOL! It took me 15 years to get back to 5 (3 setup), however, I've already cycled through the stages of pindiction once.

1 year later
    #11112 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

Drooling at all that real estate. My kid's college would be in serious jeopardy if we had basements in south Texas.

They don’t really exist here in California either.... or at least so I thought. It’s not a massive under the entire house kind of thing but its a fair size (about 22’ x 26’) plus some storage space. After looking at houses for years and never seeing anything close to that we were sold instantly. Get the keys next Thursday!

#11143 1 year ago

Lots of places here in CA where that mortgage won’t get you a run down shack. Fortunately the central valley is still mostly farmland and halfway sane.

#11220 1 year ago

Just closed and currently moving in... future game room here (pool table was left behind). I know in other parts of the country y’all take these for granted but here they are ultra rare.

CD272228-3D1B-48BA-9CBB-69FCF00BB9BF (resized).jpeg
    #11230 1 year ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

He meant the basement, these are very rare here in California. Pretty much like finding a unicorn that poops golden eggs.
    Apparently it is fairly common for pool tables to stay behind with sold houses, because of the high cost of moving them.

Exactly, we looked at houses for 3 years before settling on this one and while the basement wasn’t the only factor in us picking it, it was the first house in 3 years of looking that we have seen one.

Today while having the gas turned back on the technician asked where the water heater was... I told him the basement to which I got a blank “huh” stare lol.

Table seems solid, it’s three piece slate... if we end up not playing it then will probably just give away providing they have it professionally moved.

Here is the maker:

image (resized).jpg
    #11233 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Pool Tables in homes are rare there? It looks like a solid machine. Any manufacturing label?
    The basement has a walk out, or is that maybe the reason the table was left behind?

Walk out would be cool but no the basement is completely underground so games will have to go in/out via stairs.

2 months later
    #11817 1 year ago
    Quoted from PianoCK:

Hi, here is Christian from Germany and I like you to show you my basement after 5 months of work. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the black acoustic tile ceiling. Debating between that and drywalling then painting.

1 month later
    #12098 11 months ago

I think my brain just melted a little lol

#12119 11 months ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Assuming I don't also need a moisture barrier behind the wall (I do plan on coating every concrete wall with drylok) ?

I’ve heard that it’s not always good to seal up concrete from the inside with stuff like drylok as the moisture will get trapped then build up enough force to start eroding the concrete (over years). I have concrete cinder block walls. Where they drylocked some 20 years ago the surface is slightly eroded and the dryloc flaking off vs where they didn’t there are some salts from moisture but the wall is still in pristine condition.

My plan for when I finish things a bit more is to like you said use a moisture barrier behind the finish but leave an air gap between that and the wall so that any mosture that does come through can safely evaporate.

This probably wouldn’t apply in wetter areas, but where I’m at the climate is mostly dry.

2 weeks later
    #12248 10 months ago

I think that would be rad if the upper playfield was a video panel so you would be blasting the invaders head to head with the pinballs. As it is, I don’t know....

1 week later
    #12315 10 months ago

First thought that comes to mind is plugging in the christmas tree on Christmas Story.

3 months later
    #13126 6 months ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I decided to go with a drywall ceiling. I wanted it to be more of a living space and felt that an open or drop ceiling would make it feel like a basement. I'm sure one day I'll need to punch a hole (or three) in the ceiling, but I'm willing to take that chance. Drywall can be repaired and I'm willing to risk the trade off.
    My dad, who helped me finish the basement, was 100% against the drywall. Just like when I was a kid, I decided not to listen.

Been debating this for a few months now. I think its going to be drywall. It gets me a few more inches of height vs the crummy drop ceiling in there now. Drywall is cheap and easy to open up and patch if I ever need to get back in there. The only drawback is it is a bit messier to open up. Will be painting it a dark grey or flat black. Open isn’t a great option for me because i want to keep the insulation in.

Also with ya on wanting it to feel like a living space.

1 month later
    #13470 5 months ago
    Quoted from Only68s:

My gameroom always stays a breezy 105*[quoted image]

It would have been alright if we had some opportunity to acclimate first. Great lineup tho!

#13502 4 months ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

If I had room, I'd love to have a pool table with an EBD next to it.

I’m ready to let our pool table go. It’s a nice table but takes up space of 4-5 pins. I’m only working with about 600 sq ft so gotta prioritize.

2 months later
    #13826 61 days ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I thought a garage arcade would't work until I see you live in california. Must be nice.

Depends on where in CA. In the Central Valley a garage temps can range between 32 and 120F between winter and summer... but a halfway beefy mini-split and some insulation can make it very comfortable.

I’ve also seen several garage rec rooms in this area that are simply primarily used spring and fall. The temp extremes probably only total up to about 3 months out of the year.

#13880 55 days ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

21x12 in the main area.. 7.5x14 in the “treadmill” area

Just going to take a little furniture/game Tetris. One suggestion I would have is cut a piece of paper out scale to the room (1:12 is pretty easy) then pieces out for games and the couch. Then you can arrange and re-arrange without breaking your back. Just plan on room to get around and remove glass.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 59.00
    $ 157.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 18.95
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 19.95
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 35.00
    Hardware
    Filament Printing
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 229.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 222.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Buthamburg
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside