Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordloss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5177 8 years ago

This side of my basement has room for 9 pins along the wall with LOTR. If I move my game collection, that would be 4 more pins I think.

Right now i installed a ton of recessed lighting and did some temp wiring to see how bright it is down there. Before it used to be 3 single light bulbs for this side of the basement, now i'm going on 16 I think.

20151004_092214.jpg20151004_092214.jpg

20151004_092255.jpg20151004_092255.jpg

20151004_092247.jpg20151004_092247.jpg

1 month later
    #5433 8 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Cool stuff, I'll be looking into this for sure. I first noticed this at Disney, Space Mountain. When I got up close to it I realized it wasn't neon, but I didn't know what they were using.
    space1LARGE.jpg

looks like a variation to the cove lighting style. it'd be fun to see what exactly it is that they're running there.

5 months later
    #6511 7 years ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

So I finally moved out of my apartment, and landed a house with a basement

You mind sharing how wide that room is? Looks like the perfect width and i'd like to replicate that someday.

1 month later
    #6813 7 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

T- shirts look nice , but why does everyone print the art work on the front ?
    I would much rather have it on the back.

Quoted from Dayhuff:

BINGO !! Thanks for asking that question. I wont even buy a shirt if its printed on the front because I'll never wear it no matter how much I like the design.
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

I'm the opposite, I hate those shirts with the tiny logo on the front upper part of the chest and the main art on the back

2 weeks later
    #6943 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Got a few newcomers, had to play gameroom tetris but they all "fit".

I think I can solve your problem, get rid of all the arcade cabs.

#6957 7 years ago

I'll help you haul that mach arcade game out to the trash paul! :0

#6965 7 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

now i do recommend sit-down racers, shooters and golden tee in dedicated forms.

I just cringed! Those are basically all the craigslist leftovers

#6983 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

My Golden Tee 2016 pedestal for $3500 delivered with no tax will beat your TSPP's ass up and down the block for value, fun and joy from everyone of just about any age that plays it. Just pretend you are a little younger than you are and you may like it to. CL that MOFO!

To me a golden tee is in the same league as the madden video games. Not sure why people buy those and they depreciate pretty fast and don't hold value worth a damn.

#7036 7 years ago
    Quoted from webdiddy:

I see so many nice game rooms here and I'm really jealous
    I myself have only room for one pin in my home, if you ask my wife she will tell you there's no room for even that one.
    I see that there's one thing missing in many peoples game rooms and that's specific pinball related art.
    [Advertisement removed by moderator--please use the marketplace]

Just a heads up, the tshirts are preshrunk and run kinda small. So might need to upsize the shirt for more comfort.

8 months later
    #8336 7 years ago

In progress

20170319_172240 (resized).jpg20170319_172240 (resized).jpg

#8338 7 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

alt translite much ?

Not on purpose, can't find original tftc translite. Lah I haven't looked too hard

9 months later
    #9839 6 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

I wish I had more ceiling height. No toppers!

I just tore down all the wood paneling in my basement, it was painted baby blue. The bright red wallpaper was a nice surprise under that.

#9907 6 years ago

Spent all day removing the duck border in my gameroom. Finally figured out how to get it to come off cleanly.

26695022_10159892203080241_1126997566_o (resized).jpg26695022_10159892203080241_1126997566_o (resized).jpg

#9921 6 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Good to know the duck found another place to stay after lordloss evicted it.

Quack

20180108_151140 (resized).jpg20180108_151140 (resized).jpg

#9923 6 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

That Quack has been paper tigered for removal, I use steam never any chemicals.

I tried the steam, but the combination of the previous paint underneath wallpaper in the rest of the house caused the paint to peel up from the drywall. I'm using DIF gel currently and works, but takes time.

2 months later
    #10520 6 years ago
    Quoted from sleazius:

That is the more important factor. The effect I was talking about is more prominent the closer they are to the surface they are to reflect off. You can buy smoked diffusers to stop the issue.
    These ones are for recessed strips, like in a shadow line, also they're in Australia, but it gives you some idea of what is available to reduce the effect even if you don't want to run a cove.
    http://www.sunnylighting.com.au/led-strips/channels-accessories/slt6000/product-detail.aspx
    Or like this, wall mounted up or down lighting:
    https://www.ledlighting.com.au/led-strip-profiles-led-p019/
    45 degree mount:
    https://www.ledlighting.com.au/led-strip-profiles-led-p007/
    Anyway, getting away from your original question but there are lots of things that are traditionally used in home theatres that could be used in home arcades to great effect.

Thanks for the link

#10544 6 years ago

Do hypothetical game rooms count? I'm laying out the design for the house i'm going to build in a few years.

30070645_10160300514375241_405424403_o (resized).png30070645_10160300514375241_405424403_o (resized).png

#10547 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nice but how do you get from one side of the room to the other?

I didn't layout any doors or stairs yet, but each pinball hall will have a set of doors on each end. Capable of holding 64 machines total.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

A hypothetical square block with tens of pinball machines in a few years? Hey, you stole my idea...

Design is still evolving, laying out the basics right right. Game will have 6 inches between them. The far right area will end up being the utilities for part of it. Its evolving as I think of more ideas.

#10553 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

So you would have to walk out of the room to get from 2 rows to the other 2 rows. Sounds like a good place to put a bar and a lounge area.

Lol, I keep telling my wife she is driving me to drink. We don't drink, but a lounge of some sort might work.

2 weeks later
    #10674 5 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

I can't help with the GU10s, but your question inspired me to upload/post the custom wall I made about a year ago. One of these days (when pins aren't being worked on) I'll have to take video/pics with the machines (pins were pulled away from the wall for this clip).
    » YouTube video

Can you take a pic with the leds off and lights on? Id like to see how the wall is built

3 weeks later
    #10856 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Or better yet No switches and a simple Alexa and staged names for different areas of the arcade. Way easier to me.

Alexa, lets play pinball

*one by one the pinballs turn on

1 month later
    #11065 5 years ago

I like your dedication to the vampire theme.

3 months later
    #11731 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It does not exist if you have kids

Im 29, childfree, slowly building up a pin collection. Its nice

#11741 5 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

you can only play one pin at a time. four is plenty.

Says the guy with 3

#11768 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

I don’t think you posted enough pics, any more?

He needs to get a drone to fly through his gameroom and take pics/video.

1 month later
    #11918 5 years ago

Whats the height of that ceiling?

1 month later
    #12229 5 years ago
    Quoted from wayner:

Ball bowler takes pride of place
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Table size would drive me crazy. Why so small?

3 weeks later
    #12396 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK then here's part of mine.
    [quoted image]

Paul, take some new pics. We have seen these same ones 20+ times

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordloss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=lordloss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.