Topic Stats

• 23,831 posts
  • 2,345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 minutes ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240424_205403289 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205413200 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205452551 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205433432 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205443930 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205502934 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205514994 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205521414 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205546968 (resized).jpg
    20240421_204123 (resized).jpg
    20240421_210141 (resized).jpg
    dp8 (resized).jpg
    df18 (resized).jpg
    df9 (resized).jpg
    br9 (resized).jpg
    ash5 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider litedpinballmods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 weeks later
    #8816 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks so much for posting that. I knew Ed took it but he never told me he posted it on Utube, this is the first time I've seen it. There's much more in the room that he didn't shoot. I need someone to shoot the whole room.

That looks great Paul!

1 year later
    #11631 5 years ago

My lighted speaker paneled Sterns.

stern lighted line up (resized).jpgstern lighted line up (resized).jpg
    4 months later
    #12726 5 years ago

Added something new!

pinspot (resized).jpgpinspot (resized).jpg
    #12729 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

Sweet. Where did that come from?

Thanks, we make them. We will have about 150 to 200 images when we start selling, we are pushing to get them listed before Texas. It is a high output very small Bogo style projector. That projector is mounted on the bottom of the game, and it swivels to point were you want the image, and are self focusing. It will only hold 1 image, but you can change the images. We will sell the entire kit for $79.99, additional images would be $9.99.

We should have them listed on here and at our site.

Dan
    Lightedpinballmods.com

0115191921_resized (resized).jpg0115191921_resized (resized).jpg
    #12731 5 years ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

could you put that on the top for ceiling or back wall viewing instead?

Yes.

The bulb we use is an LED designed for this type of application, the light output is about equal to a 60 watt incandescent. Keeping that in mind it is very bright, but we recommend it be used in a room of average light or less. Yes, it can be used as a topper, but we find the image looks brighter on the floor. It can also be used on the ceiling. Our 4 lens design is designed to focus at any distance, but the farther it projects the more the light is spread out, I don't like the look on a 10 foot ceiling, but they look good on an 8 foot ceiling. One problem with a ceiling projection is your game (if LED's) makes a lot of light, and it is all projected up, so if you put the image directly above your game, it will probably be washed out. If you put it on the ceiling above your back box, or have incandescent bulbs you can have a good effect on the ceiling.

I don't like to talk a lot of sales on a non sales thread, but I will say this, every time I have these on at my house, and someone comes over, the first thing that happens is they walk up to the game, say some thing about how cool it is, and kicks at the floor. Does not matter if they are a pinball person or not.

i will start a thread when we get more pictures processed and start listing.

#12738 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What is the image file used? Wanted to use a custom image with my home arcade name..

Yes, we can make custom, we are planning on having that as an option on our website. It needs to be a high resolution image, a jpg is fine. If your phone is a few years old, set to the highest image level, and that should be good. A bright image is important, and high contrast looks best also. The image manipulation and manufacturing is a bit tricky and will take us about a month.

But let me explain the nature of the beast, we have been working on these for about 8 months, so we know the beast well. The beast is you need as bright of a light as possible to make the image, but that light does fade the image. We have done a lot of work on this, and the kit will give you about 1,000 hours of use, if on for 1 hour a day, that will give you 3 years of use. The light is rated for 50,000 hours. Because of the fade issue, that is one of the reasons we will be selling additional images for $9.99. We will be charging more for custom art, but we are going to give additional images, so you should get about 2,000 hours. Replacing the image only takes a couple of minutes.

For you math guys, here is the detail we are working with, the image used is less then 1/4" and normally it gets projected to a size that is about 24" wide (the width between the legs). It is almost like working with microfiche, and that is tough for 50+ year old eyes.

#12772 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

It wouldn’t be hard to make a game name light like that. There’s a lot of mini led spotlights on AliExpress that could be used for under cabinet lights. Here’s a 12v led spotlight for less then $5, your just need to print a tiny image and put it on the end of the lens. I bet with a little searching I could find something that would work perfectly
    Look what I found on AliExpress
    http://s.aliexpress.com/NrQjeM7f[quoted image]

Like many projects, these are easier in concept then application.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider litedpinballmods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=litedpinballmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.