Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20118 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmuglia:

Over the past 6 months I've completely refreshed my collection. It started with GNR in December, then a HUO CV and AC/DC. In the past month I've added Godzilla premium, Rush premium, and Deadpool premium all NIB. It was difficult selling some of the games I had, but it was time to freshen up the gameroom.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the Coleco collection. Rush!

Awesome game room!

1 month later
    #20318 1 year ago
    Quoted from Eagle14:

I've been collecting, playing and modding these games for a very long time. I have had almost 100 pinnies over the years and these are the ones that I love to play. Yes I have money, but doesn't mean I don't appreciate it and understand that I am very lucky (although I worked bloody hard and earned it all myself).
    For example, I recently sold my Elvira and Batman 66 as I got to the point where I had done everything in the game a number of times over and they just weren't fun anymore. I sold my Godzilla LE coz I just didn't like the game. I also sold a McLaren 675lt and went back to a lotus exige as it is more fun and raw to drive.
    I understand your comment, but everything in this room is special to me.
    Also, I am not a sentimental person, so I can't have old crap in a room. I was very hesitant to share these photos. I didn't do it to show off or say hey look at me, I just wanted to share my passion for pinball with likeminded people.

I see you passion and I'm glad you appreciate and enjoy it all. It's a dream garage!

Know a couple of guys that truly are just collectors, several pins with 10 plays on them. I can't understand that but there is a lot of money flowing around.

1 month later
    #20451 1 year ago

If I got divorced my entire basement would be pins. Definitely wouldn't be horrible

2 weeks later
    #20493 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

I didn't play pinball until I was 24!

Entirely possible for younger players.

Barely saw them through the early 2000s and 2010s

1 week later
    #20544 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nazz26:

It’s been 6 months since my last post. CCr & HW have been added. I’m running out of room.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love your set up - very clean!

Well done.

1 week later
    #20595 1 year ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Help with picking my next game, please...
    We are looking to add a non-pinball game for more variety. The space in question is behind the couch, along the wall. With Arcade Legends moved to one side, there is approx 90 inches (7.5 ft) along the wall and 69 inches from wall to couch.
    We also have a megatouch that is behind the jukbox (not shown in the pic).
    (and yes, I know and worry about the pin next to the windows, but it is a vacation house and they spend most of their lives covered with the blinds closed)
    I have some ideas, but didn't want to bias the opinions yet
    thanks![quoted image]

For variety >> Buck Hunter or Racing Rig (or driving game)

#20605 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

For shooting games.. YES! Big Buck Hunter has more replay value that rail shooters. If you have different people over alot go with a rail shooter but if it is just your family every time go Big Buck Hunter.

Rail shooters like T2 are so boring - replay is terrible.

2 weeks later
    #20671 1 year ago
    Quoted from rod90:

Just one side of the basement.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I want your Gorf and your Berzerk!

Great set up.

#20685 1 year ago

My small game room. Still a work in progress but getting there. Just added a Buck Hunter.

20220910_141649 (resized).jpg20220910_141649 (resized).jpg20220916_201928 (resized).jpg20220916_201928 (resized).jpg20220916_201953 (resized).jpg20220916_201953 (resized).jpg
    #20690 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Looks good neighbour

Thanks - come play sometime!

Quoted from Viggin900:

Nice Arcade Legends,I love mine, I recommend getting the light gun for the games,Its not perfect but a good way to blow off steam like big buck hunter. Hopefully they don't outlaw those too?

I do have an Aimtrak gun for the Atgames - it's not bad. I just got the yoke and driving box from Buystuff Arcades for it also, really good.

Quoted from ExSquid:

Man I love the stern banners, I just don't know where I would put them if I got a couple.

I have 2 basement separator screens in the basement so they hang nicely on those. Love pinball art and banners!

Quoted from CoachBacca:

Gonna have to disagree with you sir. I have a small game room. This is a moderate sized, and a very nice looking, game room.

I always see these giant basement arcades, mine always seems small in comparison, Thank you.

#20692 1 year ago

YES!

NF-L-Buffalo-Bills-Flag-3ft-x-5ft-Polyester-Banner-90x150cm-white-sleeve-with-pure-Logo (resized).jpgNF-L-Buffalo-Bills-Flag-3ft-x-5ft-Polyester-Banner-90x150cm-white-sleeve-with-pure-Logo (resized).jpg
    #20710 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Thanks for the offer. I will take you up on that sometime. I haven’t played any of those pins yet.
    I like the gun idea for Legends. I have one as well. No gun though.

My mom is up this weekend, maybe next weekend though. September is always busy in our house for some reason.

Quoted from AlexRogan84:

The divorce went through... traded my bride for some magic [quoted image][quoted image]

Only played TOM but I definitely like it better than Bride. Nice trade!

#20724 1 year ago

Never seen one in a home. Love the Star Wars Trilogy also, awesome game!

#20750 1 year ago

Lots of space!

Wish I had that. Beautiful.

3 weeks later
    #20836 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

My modest 3. Promised the wife I wouldn't have any more than 3...so I just have to pick which one to move if I want a new one. I highly recommend PINWOOFER. Installed one in my Deadpool and it's a real game changer. It's soo good that it literally makes your other games seem less fun afterwards.
    [quoted image]

3 amazing games is all you need

#20837 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I had the oneup version (so not as good as the real thing) and... It's great! It has substantially more replay value than a rail shooter. Price to entry on one of these is 400 if you can find it NIB, but they are available used on your local Craigslist or Facebook marketplace. My kids like it. Great way to mix up the lineup.
    [quoted image]

You need one of these boosters - makes the game soooo much better...

https://www.buystuffarcades.com/products/riser-booster-for-arcade1up-arcades

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#20850 1 year ago
    Quoted from stefanmader:

What is this Treehouse Club game? wow.

2 weeks later
    #20922 1 year ago
    Quoted from Junkhauler:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Love it!!!

#20946 1 year ago
    Quoted from bush3262:

Robotron is definitely my favorite of my arcades. Original CRT and joysticks, and I play the hell out of it and yet it keeps on ticking.
    As for my pins, Pinball Magic was my favorite...until last week's addition. [quoted image][quoted image]

Love the Gorf and the Williams machines. 3 of my favorite 80's games.

#20948 1 year ago
    Quoted from bush3262:

I had a nicely working Defender for a while, but it was so damned difficult and I never could get past the first 4-5 waves. I eventually sold it, but now wish I'd kept it as it would have rounded out a nice trio of Williams games (to go along with the Road Show).
    Gorf was one of my favorites when I was a kid, but it doesn't get much play these days compared to the others. I'm actually getting ready to sell it to make room for something else, probably another pin.

What would you sell Gorf for?

Defender is a fantastic game. I'm terrible at it also but it's an absolute classic.

#20985 1 year ago

I want a theater room!

Beautiful

#21016 1 year ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Rearranged some things.

Dude that is a stunning setup. Well done.

A Corvette is still on my to-do list.

#21030 1 year ago

I want your Defender

Well done! Carpet is killer.

3 weeks later
    #21217 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Moved 4 of my 6 machines into the unfinished part of the basement. Trying to figure out the best layout for doors and walls.

Doors can really screw up a nice bank of pins!

1 week later
    #21284 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

If you are ever through Guelph, they have a Twilight Zone on location at The Western Hotel Restaurant downtown. It is a wide body. There is also an Addam's Family there too for side by side comparison.
    Your basement looks really great, btw! Thanks for sharing.

My son is at U Of Guelph. I will have to check that out next time I'm up!

#21288 1 year ago

Maple has an absolutely great collection - I played at their open house and sale in the spring and fall.

I'm probably not ready for competition yet - I totally suck.

#21302 1 year ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I moved to Buffalo a couple years ago and have been slowly stuffing my basement with games. I was planning on finishing it, but the ceilings are kind of low and also I spent my renovation budget on pinball so it is what it is
    Alas BBH was too tall to fit down there, so it now classes up my office.
    Anyhoo, here's my present setup!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Impressive collection!

You almost need to hire staff to maintain that arcade.

Go Bills Go!

#21315 1 year ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

Is that an ATGames cabinet with the Robotron marque? How do you like it? Sams club has one for sale really cheap right now and I was thinking about it.
    Insanely cool looking room you have there btw.

I have one and they are excellent multicades. 300 built in games and then you can add more with Coinops X.

I have the older LED marquee

20220103_153556 (resized).jpg20220103_153556 (resized).jpg

#21334 1 year ago
    Quoted from budfrog80:

Santa added a Jurassic park pro. All four kids love it…….

Amazing game. You will love it.

2 weeks later
    #21440 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lymes:

Update on the collection
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!

How do you like Bond?

#21442 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lymes:

I’m liking it! It has some great shots and the video assets and music are awesome. I think this one will really grow on people like most of Gomez’s games, especially once the code develops. The game art looks better in person as well.

Nice. I'm hoping to play one soon.

Looks like it shoots pretty well. I'm also a big Bond fan.

Congrats!

#21477 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmuglia:

Updated pictures.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A+ stellar collection.

So tempted to do that Rush topper but I want to see what Stern offers first and pray it isn't $2000!

#21487 1 year ago
    Quoted from spicekabay:

I only recently have had the opportunity to upgrade from having a game in a room to having a room with games= game room!
    [quoted image]

If you are a drummer you need to add a Rush in the middle!

#21508 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Nobody has hit the skins harder since Bonham.

Maybe but Neil was technically better and he was also an amazing songwriter.

The professor!

gettyimages-134591594-23d365ada00e44e9736f1d75d47df4c167801e3b (resized).jpggettyimages-134591594-23d365ada00e44e9736f1d75d47df4c167801e3b (resized).jpg

Quoted from Ballderdash:

Start ‘em young! Santa brought it this year.

Awesome

#21563 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Yes, but beer signs. Noice beer signs no doubt. Wish i had some.

Amazon or Aliexpress if you don't mind the wait

3 months later
    #21996 11 months ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

Some recent lineup changes, Batman66 and Mando out, Elektra and Foo Fighters in.
    [quoted image]

HardBody!

#22060 11 months ago
    Quoted from Redfive05:

So jumping into the Ringer discussion has inspired me to finally post my game room. I’ve been in this hobby since I was a little kid. My father collected Jukeboxes and I would help him work on them, and as I got older growing up in the 80’s and 90’s, I started to gravitate more towards the pinball and arcade games. When I bought my first home in 2002, I finally had a place to build up my own collection (instead of fighting my father for space in his house lol). I had a nice game room in my unfinished basement there… But my wife and I only ever intended it to be a starter home, so I never really did much with the space beside set up the games I owned. Life changed and we stayed in our “starter home” until 2018 when we finally moved. I again set up a basement game room. As I was setting up my games after the move, I was starting to really bring myself down looking at the prices of games and thinking about how I always thought I would own a Funhouse, or an Addam’s Family or a Monster Bash…. And as I stood there in my little game room of amazing pieces I finally looked around and just appreciated all these games I spent my twenties and thirties accumulating and realized I have an amazing collection, and if I can no longer afford to buy machines, the least I could do was to make this space the best little arcade I could. It's not quite finished yet, there are a bunch of attention to details I need to address and I'm still planning on painting some stripes on the wall and a few other arcade inspired decorations. But I finally feel like it's to a point where I'm proud to show it off a little, so I present to Pinside.... Rolling Meadows Arcade:
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Killer Arcade - well done!!

Quoted from Capn12:

When the blankets start flying around, he runs out.

Keep the dog - get rid of the blankets and let that arcade shine!

1 week later
    #22126 11 months ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Decades in the making, I finally hung some shelves that can accommodate my extensive, mostly VFD handheld/tabletop electronic game collection. Now I can honestly say my gameroom features well over 100 individual games!
    [quoted image]

That is absolutely EPIC.

I have 15-20 of these but it blows my collection away. Well done sir!

#22130 11 months ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Thanks guys, I wish I had taken them out of hiding years ago! They had been languishing in boxes since 2003.

Oh wow what a shame.

Those games were all my childhood Christmas dreams.

1 week later
    #22155 10 months ago
    Quoted from ChrisBardon:

FF Arrived, so updated pinball lineup:
    [quoted image]
    MAME is still at the far end:
    [quoted image]
    Also did some updates on the wall art with some new prints from Flyland:
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Nothing wrong with that lineup!!

1 week later
    #22197 10 months ago
    Quoted from big-c66:

I’m starting to get a few I’m still working on my game room just added Deadpool
    [quoted image]

Any bank of pins is a thing of beauty!

#22204 10 months ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Heres my Little Row,unfortunately I need to move My Deadpool due to space issues.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Godzilla topper looks decent!

My Rush is supposed to arrive today. Fingers crossed.

1 week later
    #22250 10 months ago
    Quoted from cait001:

had a table/shelf made for my prewar pins. Took some time to clean up a bit. Also posted this to http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2023/06/arcade-update-new-shelf-for-prewar-pins.html
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Love all the old marquees. I want your Moon Cresta!

2 weeks later
    #22370 9 months ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Ok so just so I am on the record here. My wife is awesome. She doesn't play pinball or even any of the video games. I bought the Frogger for her because she said she liked that game, but I think she's maybe played it 10 times in the 7 or 8 years it's been here. Usually when friends are over she'll play a game or two. She's just not into it. And that is fine. She has hobbies I don't really care for, and she knows that. But she doesn't stop me from enjoying my hobby and I don't stop her from enjoying hers.
    Communication, respect, and balance. That's what we have and it works great. I don't need to "ask permission" if I want to get something new for the basement. I do, because that's respectful, but I don't need to (and she tells me that). I feel we have a great marriage, and just celebrated our 23rd anniversary. We've had MAYBE 3 or 4 arguments in those 23 years.
    Didn't mean for an aside comment to derail this thread. Sorry if it did so.
    Now, onto more gameroom photos!
    Chris

This ^^^^

Same - My wife plays Ms Pac Man maybe once or twice a year. Otherwise, she leaves me alone with arcade changes. She knows it's my hobby, all good.

1 week later
    #22446 9 months ago
    Quoted from stompeN:

Gameroom started out with a ton of arcade1ups and a modded out legends virtual pinball machine. I noticed I was enjoying the pinball way more than all my arcade machines. The replay on it was so much better. I fell in love with the VPX Iron Maiden table and searched out the real thing. I realized quickly the digital was no longer going to be enough for me and started clearing out my 1ups and my VPIN table. About 9 months later I have 4 real pins. The addiction is real !
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. Vladdy!!!

I only have 1 Arcade 1up left, Buck Hunter. Wasn't playing them.

2 weeks later
    #22529 8 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

CV a new addition. It's fallen straight into bad company.
    [quoted image]

I love that game, so unique.

Congrats!

1 week later
    #22542 8 months ago
    Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Had to bring some route games home for a bit. Current situation:
    [quoted image]

Superb setup. Wish I had that kind of room.

1 week later
    #22598 8 months ago

Some updated pictures of my little game room, a few changes over the last year. This should be it for 2023.

20230813_174933 (resized).jpg20230813_174933 (resized).jpg20230813_174954 (resized).jpg20230813_174954 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #22655 7 months ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

Fine. Here you go! Lol
    Same layout but different games from last time I posted pics.
    I’ve included the “summer game room” too.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great lineup of pins!

1 week later
    #22686 7 months ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

After 9 months of work my new and improved shed/games room is done!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow wow wow

1 month later
    #22861 6 months ago
    Quoted from drttd:

[quoted image]

Nice.

How heavy are the pinball alley signs? Easy to hang?

1 month later
    #22997 5 months ago

allsportdvd Amazing room. I always drool when I see those pictures.

2 weeks later
    #23068 4 months ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Finally added a lit sign.
    Hope I don’t get bit by the sign bug…

Beautiful. Does P1 have those signs in stock?

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Updated line up. Messy room. I just got Labyrinth in.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How do you like Labyrinth so far? Played at Expo, seemed like a solid game.

3 weeks later
    #23201 4 months ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Current gameroom state after 4 inches of rain and the sump pump deciding to fail. As a friend stated : Basements are great……until they’re not. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Painful ouch. Sorry to see this.

We had a drainage pipe back up in our house, I feel fortunate the water didn't damage much aside from the carpets. Nice thing about pins is they have a few feet of clearance at least. Arcade cabs not so lucky.

I have a small flood alarm in the basement now but no guarantee it can't happen again unfortunately.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=kool1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.