Topic Stats

• 23,814 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jedimastermatt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4185 8 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

IT HAS BEGUN....well I bought 4 windows and a door....plan on putting shades on them, but wanted some ventilation. Def worried about sun. But the one wall doesn't get a lot, and like I said, I will have shades on it.

2015-05-15 12.16.00.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    2015-05-15 12.15.54.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I just converted my enclosed sunroom into my arcade room. I put up some of the thermal rejecting (mirror finished) window tint on all my floor to ceiling windows. The nice thing is that the tint is also a UV blocker.

My only complaint about my project... I've already filled up the room.

1 week later
    #4264 8 years ago

These 2D game room floor plans are so inefficient. So much wasted space. 3D is solution - invent the bunk pin.

Kinda like a 80's synth player... only with pins.

4 months later
    #5292 8 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

An orange pool table and a DeLorean. You are one cool dude my friend.

I don't know why the OP doesn't just do the obvious with the damage to his new home... a quick trip up to 88mph should be able to solve all the problems with the movers.

2 months later
    #5737 8 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

Plus think it will be cool to have an IJ and a SW sitting next to each other.

Be careful when you put them next to each other. Mine were always talking behind my back about finding a way to off my SW Episode I... so, I had to get rid of it. They are much happier now.

6 years later
    #19171 2 years ago
    Quoted from sponjey:

Alright, don't laugh, but I'm a newbie to pinside and proud and excited to finally have my very first pinball machine, one of my childhood favs, DE Star Wars 1992! I can't believe I actually have one now, and hope to find my other 2 all-time favs: DE Jurassic Park 1993 and Williams Indiana Jones 1993.
    Thanks to GAP for making it happen! I think I can fit 3 more in this space
    [quoted image]

Congratulations. SWDE was our first pin as well. Since I had this copied to the clipboard, I might as well add this here as a PSA as well. Throw a Pinsound card into your game to kick it up several notches. John Williams makes everything better.

5 months later
    #20262 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

Still have a long way to go, but detached garage/gameroom conversion is underway. New roof and siding finished, and insulation almost in place. Next we insulate and drywall the ceiling, then finish walls, epoxy the floor, and maybe barn wood the walls. Thinking about a mini split for year-round gaming. Then the really fun part, adding pool table, pins, TV, seating, bar, etc. Hoping to finish this summer!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can’t recommend the mini-split idea enough. Ours was a life saver.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dedicated-game-room-or-environmental-panic-room-of-the-2020-s#post-6984397

#20265 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

Thanks for sharing! Yep, I think a 12,000 btu mini-split will easily handle a roughly 400 sq. ft insulated detached garage. Under $800 at the moment for a Pioneer. I’m hoping to install that in a couple weeks and finish the insulation and drywall that same weekend. Finish the floor and wall panels by August, have pins and pool table in there by Sept at latest.

12k btu sounds about right. We had several people come and give us estimates, just to make sure we were calculating the size/space right and also to get their thoughts on the concrete block walls. They all came back with 15k btu for our 570 square feet. Since we weren’t certain about the concrete block and keeping the heat in the winter, I wanted to make sure we got one with the dual inverter/hyper heat tech. Unfortunately, late last year nobody had the hyper heat versions in stock and wouldn’t get them until spring for the 15k models. We ended up switching to an LG 18k hyper heat and it hasn’t had any issues with heat or cooling.

These mini-splits are awesome these days. If I were building a house, I would likely design them into the plan.

1 month later
    #20430 1 year ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Finally finished the window trim (and put out some ducks). After the flood I got back to where I left off then got lazy. Also got some dock floats today. If you can't move em, float em!!! That's Plan B, hopefully never needed!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Well, that's certainly something I never expected to see in this thread. I hope you don't ever need it either; but, you may want to consider adding one more game to that room. I don't know much about floods; but, seem to recall something about 2x2 being a part of it... you may need an even number and I only count 7 games in there.

#20434 1 year ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

10, we're good for now!
    [quoted image]

Aw! You need a little inflatable baby floaties for the Bell Ringer. Stick them right on the legs.

4 months later
    #21347 1 year ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

I have the exact same sign. Just FYI, thing eats through batteries incredibly fast. You’ll find yourself most likely just leaving it turned off.

I have a similar arcade metal sign that is battery powered that I didn’t want to have to replace the on and also wanted to have turn on/off with the rest via Alexa. I just got the right sized AC adapter and wired it to the terminals. On the sign I have, the tin is soft enough for me to bend the tabs holding the battery holder open and wire it up from inside.

6 months later
    #22406 9 months ago
    Quoted from matt_adams:

That has literally never happened, it's been in there years and tbh I don't ever think about it but yeah, maybe I should swap it out given the new audience!!

Nah, don’t listen to the Peanut, we, Flintstones gallery. I would take the fact that nobody’s noticed as a sign you should go even further. Full frontal dinosaur so to speak.

3 weeks later
    #22519 9 months ago
    Quoted from kyle5574:

Credit dot on IJ?! For shame!
    Just kidding! Looks like everybody had a good time. It’s great seeing non-pinball people enjoying games.

Ok. Let’s be honest. How many of us scroll through pics in this thread and notice that and get a twinge of anxiety.

No pics of my game room at the moment as my new Godzilla keeps complaining about poor WiFi signal.

4 weeks later
    #22619 8 months ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

Awesome collection, but I do feel like Cactus Canyon is kinda the odd man out beside all the other space/alien pins unless there is an alien in cactus canyon that I don't know about. I'll be honest I am not overly familiar with that game.
    Just picking at the loner, nice collection again sir.

Maybe he will retheme it to the movie Cowboys & Aliens?

#22623 8 months ago
    Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Figured this would be a great place to show off the “Three Ms of Pinball” art my wife made for my birthday.

Those look very nice and she did a fantastic job; but, what about the fourth “M” required for pinball… “Money”?

1 week later
    #22697 7 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Lets see what $100 in 20c bits does to fill it.
    [quoted image]

Good luck in filling it. We picked up a 4 sided pusher (Pharaoh’s Treasure) and I ended up tracking down something like 3000 identical tokens on eBay to fill it and have enough to still feed it. My wife and niece love playing it. I look at it and see another couple vids or a pin that could take its place. Oh well, it’s stuck in there now and won’t fit through anything other than the garage doors that are now powered off, sealed, and locked.

I still need to get inside of it and replace the fan on the bottom layer as it’s very noisy. The 4 sided ones means there isn’t a good way to get to the center.

2 months later
    #23048 5 months ago
    Quoted from Jordan23945:

Updated after moving some things around...

I think you can squeeze in a couple more games... on the ceiling once you remove the chandelier.

Gotta love the commitment though. Who needs those doors when you can get more games in?

I'm going to keep this in mind when I need to convince the boss we've got no space left in our game room.

3 weeks later
    #23211 4 months ago
    Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

It's against city ordinance in my area to discharge sump pump water into the sewage system. I'm sure many people still do it though.

We “had” to change our homes (built in the 50s) discharge path when we had a sewer main issue as the contractor said it was out of code going to the sewer line. They claimed that occasionally the city inspectors release colored smoke into the local line and wait to see which homes report it to fine them. If they didn’t need to tear up the whole yard to rerun the line, I probably would’ve left it alone; but, it was as good of a time as any to do it.

Sorry to hear about the basement flood. That always sucks. Thankfully the only water we ever had in our basement was from a water heater leak. Unfortunately, it wasn’t able to drain over to the sump even though there was a drain right in front of it because the line was clogged. It turns out when we had the original water softener from the house replaced, they tipped it over to let some of the water weight to drain and ended up clogging the line with the silica. Always a good thing to check those drains to your sump are clear.

I never heard about the water powered sump backups, so thanks for sharing that. I’ve got a battery backup; but, will look into this as well. Seems simple enough.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jedimastermatt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=jedimastermatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.