Topic Stats

• 23,721 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by toaster777
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg
    20240324_164009 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163842 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163742 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163730 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163712 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163705 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 13 years ago

Looking sweet, LB! I love the rafters.

2 years later
    #1266 10 years ago
    Quoted from Vet-N-Vet:

And to think, I only wanted to get one Pinball machine after I fixed up the basement.

Love the whole retro look with the checkered tiles and wood paneling!

8 months later
    #2028 10 years ago

Looking at all these great game rooms, I realize that the one thing mine is lacking is more stuff adorning the walls. You guys all have some really cool decorative stuff.

#2031 10 years ago

That framed pinball schematic just might be the coolest damn thing I've ever seen.

3 weeks later
    #2093 10 years ago
    Quoted from opeth:

Yea that's my Fiero too.

Weren't those the cars that spontaneously burst into flames?

#2095 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

This is my garage wall I like to call, best of DE 93'

That's awesome! DE was churning out some really fun games during that period.

#2098 10 years ago
    Quoted from JeffZee:

I have three eight-bulb light bars on each side of the soffit for a total of 48 bulbs in red, yellow, green and blue. I don't know how to get decent pictures of the effect.

It's tough taking a photo where one thing is so much brighter than everything else. If your camera will let you, you will need to manually adjust the exposure.

#2101 10 years ago

Any game room with stuffed leopards is A-OK in my book!

1 year later
    #3550 9 years ago

For those of you who have electronic dartboards, do you find that you get a lot of use out of them? I've been thinking about buying a nice one for a while now.

#3554 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I actually prefer to play steel tips and bristle boards ...

I do too, but I don't like the idea of my kids and their friends playing with real darts. That's just a disaster waiting to happen.

#3579 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The stand-up machines are relatively expensive, but any of the wall mount boards (electronic or otherwise) are really quite cheap, especially when compared to the one hobby we all have in common.

I would seriously consider an Arachnid Galaxy 3. It's damn pricey, but it's not really that expensive when you compare it to the cost of a NIB Stern. Is it overkill for a home machine? Of course it is, but hey, you only live once!

1 month later
    #3903 9 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Glad my game room is finally finished so I can contribute to the thread!

That Atari Jaguar cabinet is awesome! Did you custom build that?

#3931 8 years ago

Are Nuon players valuable? I think I might still have one in my storage room somewhere.

#3933 8 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Seems like the games and controllers are more valuable right now than the players themselves.

If I can find it, I probably have the controller and the game that came with it. I'll have to search.

#3977 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

We moved it in the house yesterday. It wasnt to bad i broke it all the way down and moved it piece by piece.

How much does each piece of slate weigh?

#3980 8 years ago

So how does one go about leveling something that weighs half a ton?

1 month later
    #4360 8 years ago

+1

Those barn doors are awesome!

1 month later
    #4623 8 years ago

Do any of you guys have one of these bad boys in your game room?

Pac-Man_Battle_Royale.jpgPac-Man_Battle_Royale.jpg

2 weeks later
    #4724 8 years ago

You gotta love the "Fish Room"!

2 weeks later
    #4891 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Went and saw the house today. Took photos of a lot of things. As this is a "game room" thread, I'll share the basement photos.
    Remember, it will be a finished basement when it is all done except the area behind the stairs (laundry room).

That's a lot of space. How much of it will you be dedicating to pins?

2 weeks later
    #5028 8 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Still need about 8 pins, 2 hydro thunders, and the big ball bowler - but getting there!

Those are interesting chairs. Looks like something you would see in the waiting room of a doctor's office.

3 weeks later
    #5184 8 years ago

For those of you with pool tables near your pins, aren't you afraid that a hard break could send the cue ball flying off the table? I've been thinking about getting a pool table, but this is something that concerns me.

#5192 8 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

We have had a pool table for 5 years now, and I have never had that happen. Now, my pins aren't near the table, but I would have no issues if they were. I have seen that happen only once at my in-laws, but not on a break shot, and the ball was only in the air for like a foot, and you would lkely not have pins that close anyway.
    Maybe others are way better at pool and have this happen? I just don't see it as an issue, but I could be wrong.

It's probably not an issue for most people. I used to play a lot of pool back in the day, and I break REALLY hard. If the ball accidentally gets some air, it can go flying off the table very far.

1 week later
    #5225 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Suggestion to moderators....
    This is a "pics" of game room thread. After 5 years, this thread has become enormous. There are more posts in this thread with comments and no pics than there are of pics of game rooms. Trying to find game rooms Seen in the past to reference back to is nearly impossible and a huge time drain.
    My suggestion: go back through the thread from day one and delete all posts that have no pic in them. Then, on a weekly basis, delete the same to keep it current. Make that a rule of this topic. All non pics posts are deleted after one week.
    If people have questions about someone's game room, then they can PM them.
    If some game rooms are being shared "in progress", then have that person start a dedicated thread for their game room. That way, we can all find the progress quickly in one spot without having to look through pages and pages of "hey I am jealous", " wish you were closer", and "wish I was rich" posts to get to actual PICS....which is what this thread is supposed to be.
    Thank you all for your consideration.
    To moderator: I will offer my time to "clean up" this particular thread if you agree and need assistance.
    Dave

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think this thread is just fine as it is. It's honestly one of the only long running threads I can think of where there is virtually never any need to moderate it.

#5236 8 years ago
    Quoted from IBARAKURO:

My little gameroom ...

Very nice. I'm digging those lightbulb shaped lamps!

#5276 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

But it would also be cool if there was a filter option I could temporarily select to only see pics. Just like how you can see posts by one particular Pinsider or etc.

I'll bring this up to Robin. I agree that it would be a nice feature if you could just view the posts with photos, or even just the photos themselves without having to scroll through the entire thread. Normally,it's not a big deal, but it would really come in handy for long running threads like this.

1 year later
    #7875 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Bought it brand new, delivered on Monday. Very cool machine.

If you don't mind my asking, where did you buy it? I've been thinking about getting one of these for my basement ever since they first came out.

11 months later
    #9723 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Looks awesome - what are those lights you’ve got going on there?

It looks like a combination of some Christmas lights and a disco bulb similar to this one ...

https://www.amazon.com/Delightime-Color-Disco-Light-Party/dp/B00GMQ7QGC/ref=pd_sim_60_2

#9750 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rschuetter:

Finally getting the basement remodeled after we did most of the house ...

Sweet dart board!

2 weeks later
    #9898 6 years ago

That Bruins re-theme is impressive! Did you do it yourself?

8 months later
    #11565 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Do all of you with these huge collections have electricians come in and rewire?

When I first started collecting, I had my electrician run four new 20A circuits just for the pins.

1 month later
    #11793 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Medieval Castle? Is this an alternate translite for another game?

Quoted from StylesBitchly:

That Medieval Castle has to be the best one off pin I've seen yet!
    HTF do you accomplish this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-castle

1 month later
    #12044 5 years ago

That Harley Quinn is creepy as f**k!!!

3 weeks later
    #12251 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

For those of you that have the space, and have games like PAC Man battle royal, here is one you can add to your collection.
    https://arcadeheroes.com/2018/12/23/taito-space-invaders-pinball-jam/
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks f*****g awesome!!!

1 month later
    #12684 5 years ago
    Quoted from Flippingr8:

Had polyurea floor coating (“Domino”) installed on the concrete floor of my Gameroom

That looks great! Is it some kind of an epoxy with flakes in it?

2 years later
    #17350 2 years ago

Here are the most recent photos I have of my basement. I've made a few changes to the pin lineup since then, but it's mostly the same ...

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg14 (resized).jpg14 (resized).jpg15 (resized).jpg15 (resized).jpg16 (resized).jpg16 (resized).jpg17 (resized).jpg17 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg
    #17361 2 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

Really nice setup and use of the space! Always jealous of basements!

Thanks! We love our basement and spend a lot of time down there. We are thinking of moving to Arizona within the next few years, and we'll really miss having that extra space.

Quoted from atrainn:

Nice groove coaster!

Thanks! I originally bought it for my daughter who is super into Vocaloid, but it quickly became one of my favorite games in my collection. I had been looking for a nice one for a while, and I was lucky that a super cool guy on Pinside helped hook me up with a beautiful example out in California. Most people who come over really seem to love it. It's definitely way more popular than the pins with non-pinheads.

3 weeks later
    #17519 2 years ago
    Quoted from kciaccio:

New TFTC translite today too.

Where did you get that rug? I love it!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.