Topic Stats

• 23,818 posts
  • 2,344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by YippieKiYay
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_232536 (resized).jpg
    20240423_230401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goodmanners.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19849 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

Thanks, it was just an image I found and had made into a translite. Gives me another option along with the busier original. I had alternates made for GB and LOTR too.
    [quoted image]

Those are great!

1 week later
    #19902 2 years ago
    Quoted from Willys45:

I have had both games for a while but felt the poster really tied the two together!
    [quoted image]

That poster is pretty cool find!

3 months later
    #20413 1 year ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

May be building a beach house Prob have a 7 pin arcade. What electrical service upgrade should I ask the electrician? Dedicated service for wall outlets? Thx for any help if you have done electrical in your gameroom.

I run 4 pins on each 15 amp breaker and never a problem with that.
    I would feed 220 into the panel as suggested above if you can.

3 months later
    #20895 1 year ago

I sort of have a space theme corner - Star Wars (Pin and Arcade game), Star Gate, 70's Star Trek. Then older 70's games next (Spider Man, Viking). Then Movie/Tv Pins (Addams, Phantom,) Then into Monster stuff (MB, CftBL, BSD, MSF, etc) Then on other side of room are Playboys and Rock pins (IM, ACDC, GnR).

Works for me but def not OCD lol

I also agree - best thread ever. I love seeing what everyone has around their games and what they've done with their space.

1 month later
    #21219 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:Doors can really screw up a nice bank of pins!

If you can fit them pocket doors are great.

1 month later
    #21533 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I have a question regarding some of the larger game rooms (a lot of games). Do many of you have to rework the electrical wiring in the room to provide enough juice so the machines are not tripping the house electrical panel? Obviously, I am not an electrician and wonder how many machines I can simply plug into the normal wall electrical outlets before I may start running into issues. Thanks.

No - I run 20 machines from 4 breakers in the basement. have had all 20 running at the same time no issues. one plugin has a power bar and it's running 4 machines.

1 month later
    #21731 1 year ago

I use these -

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/everbilt-1-3-4-inch-low-friction-furniture-cups-4-pack-/1000784703

It's like they were made for pinball feet if you get the right size - and they aren't grippy really, they have a plastic bottom so you can slide the game.

Every hardware store I've been to sells them in a 4 pack.

4 months later
    #22372 9 months ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Ok so just so I am on the record here. My wife is awesome. She doesn't play pinball or even any of the video games. I bought the Frogger for her because she said she liked that game, but I think she's maybe played it 10 times in the 7 or 8 years it's been here. Usually when friends are over she'll play a game or two. She's just not into it. And that is fine. She has hobbies I don't really care for, and she knows that. But she doesn't stop me from enjoying my hobby and I don't stop her from enjoying hers.
    Communication, respect, and balance. That's what we have and it works great. I don't need to "ask permission" if I want to get something new for the basement. I do, because that's respectful, but I don't need to (and she tells me that). I feel we have a great marriage, and just celebrated our 23rd anniversary. We've had MAYBE 3 or 4 arguments in those 23 years.
    Didn't mean for an aside comment to derail this thread. Sorry if it did so.
    Now, onto more gameroom photos!
    Chris

Best post on PINside

2 months later
    #22737 7 months ago
    Quoted from bobwiley:

Sound considerations (hardfloor vs. Carpet, insulation above if noise would be bothersome to adjacent rooms).

This ^
    In my room with the Pins on it's crazy loud and turns some people off of the experience.

#22772 7 months ago
    Quoted from cookpins:

Smart plugs and a voice assistant are much cheaper/easier solution and more sensible for future potential resale of your home. Fun to "wow" my guests by bringing them into a dark room and saying "Turn on pinball" and all my machines pop on at once.

Or say "Turn on Favourites" and it turns on the ones I always play - lol

3 months later
    #23398 3 months ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

What is the best refrigerator to have in a game room? I’ve seen branded mini fridges in this thread, which are eye appealing. Just curious if there are any more out there to show off

I have one of these - gets lots of looks and comments:

71RF3T1mFSL._AC_SY500_ (resized).jpg71RF3T1mFSL._AC_SY500_ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goodmanners.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=goodmanners and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.