Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenbear.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20234 1 year ago

Might need a Hobbit pinball for that game room. Really nicely done!

#20245 1 year ago
    Quoted from wolffcub:Cut back the pony wall so i could squish in the Deadpool so it warrents a new picture.
    [quoted image]

That is a tight space in between Pinballs, but I love it. It just means you have a crud load of machines. Great job!

3 months later
    #20712 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ballderdash:

If I had to do it over again I’d go Super Chexx over a foosball table.

I have always had a secret love for the Super Chexx games but I have held off on purchasing for fear that with a little practice I would likely get better than all of my guests and it would be no fun for me or them to play. At least with pinball you are playing for a score rather than competitive against friends.

#20721 1 year ago

My bowler seems to be the equalizer game. Whereas I’m still better than most visitors, it’s closer and the skill set is like that of skeeball which everyone has played. It’s a big piece but probably the most loved piece by visitors

4 months later
    #21536 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ballderdash:

Start ‘em young! Santa brought it this year

You mean the Packer rug. Can’t have too many Packer fans

#21544 1 year ago

My current gameroom, Packer collectibles and all. Pinewood derby car is a car I made with my son or daughter at the time I made account…I thought it represented the toys we all talk about and was there at the time

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #21545 1 year ago

It’s a mess right now so not the best pics. I’m troubleshooting a pesky NGG right now

#21548 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ballderdash:

I love your space! Mine is a mess otherwise I’d take more pics. Next time I have everything turned on I’ll post. Tell me more about the ball bowler. I fell in love with them at an old dive bar my father took me to and owning one is on my nostalgia bucket list. *Also what was your solution for the ambient ceiling lighting? What product and is there a track around the wall to hide it?

Big ball bowler is a favorite amongst almost all visitors. It is rare that a pinball enthusiast comes over so everybody can get involved on that game at whatever skill level. Don’t get me wrong. I’m still a little better than the average person but it’s pretty easy for beginners. If you have the room, I highly recommend one in your game room. On the West Coast there really are not many bowlers and mine is a little cosmetically rough but mechanically it is almost bulletproof. Had I known before I purchased it how much I was going to like it I would have spent more money on one that was refurbished.
    I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it or if it was going to fit my game room so I was able to pick up the one I have for less than 1000 bucks and did the mechanical repairs myself. Mostly it was a lot of cleaning.

I didn’t want direct lighting on my Pinball’s as it caused reflections, so I had drop-down molding installed, and inside of the molding trough, lies LED light strips. I can set whatever color I want, set it to music, or have it randomly rotate light colors if I wanted more festivity to the room. In general, I like the red, however. I placed black lights into the overhead Can lights, so that the black light carpet always has a glow.

#21549 1 year ago

I will also add that the Pinball space is separated from the game watching space by the bar so when people are playing Pinball’s it really doesn’t invade the sound of the football/baseball game. With surround-sound and large speakers for the TV it’s a good viewing experience and then the beer tap at the bar doesn’t hurt either.

I’ll try and take better pics someday with all the lights on and everything cleaned up

#21552 1 year ago

I think the big ball bowler is 13 or 14 feet and one day I’ll do some of the wood restoration myself..maybe.

Almost bought a nicely restored one from St Louis restoration guys. Wish I had now. There were some cool ones from later years that had a lot of different games as well. Maybe someday, but I figure in the future I’m likely to downsize rather than increase my game room size.

3 months later
    #21951 11 months ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

First world problem here, but here goes:
    A few years ago I laid down some spendy carpet throughout our upstairs in all the rooms and hallway. One of the upstair rooms has become the pinball room. I got the machines now on this carpet and I cannot stand it. Am thinking of tearing up the carpet in that particualr room so the pins have a solid even surface to sit on. Maybe just some faux wood floors or something. Is it dumb to rip up the expensive carpet in said room for the sake of the pinball machines?

It would be nice to know what bothers you about the carpet, because as stated above, except for moving the pinball machines, and potentially keeping the carpet clean, carpet, grips the legs nicely for a solid connection and can be sound dampening, which is really pretty nice. It also cushions your footing so if you’re standing there for a long period of time it’s a little easier on your body.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenbear.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=goldenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.