Topic Stats

• 23,818 posts
  • 2,344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by YippieKiYay
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_232536 (resized).jpg
    20240423_230401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider esoteric_rt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1901 10 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

My wide body line up!

IMG_20131111_191819_182.jpg 2 MB

How does the external sub sound on Twilight Zone? Im considering getting one soon...

Cheers

2 years later
    #6200 8 years ago

I took a video of my Game Room which was set-up for Pincade 2016 - take a look

#6205 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks like a good time. Why wasn't I invited?

Mate, everyone is!

Book your tickets for Pincade 2017 to see even better game rooms than mine

RotorDave is your man for all the details

4 months later
    #7025 7 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

A couple of the game house. A long way to go but pretty good start. And the skeeball is a big hit

Love the TRON style skeeball machine

What are your thoughts on the longevity of the Big Buck HD or Terminator Salvation shooters?

I thought about getting one of these, Big Buck is cool, played one at our local arcade yesterday

#7030 7 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

With the shooters it depends what you are looking for. My 72 year old father and my 3 year old son love the terminator. But the terminator does get repetitive. We have a lot of parties and guests over and they love the terminator.
    The big surprise to me was the big buck hunter. It was pretty much a throw in when I bought the terminator but it has turned out to be awesome. I love the game play it is very addicting. Plus the two player versus mode is just awesome. I will be upgrading to a larger monitor and buying all the add ons.
    In summary the terminator is great for guests but if I could only keep one for myself it would be the big buck hunter and I do think it can survive in a HUO environment.
    My space is built to entertain. I don't have a bunch of pin heads in my family or friends so I have to diversify the space. The skeeball has been a huge hit. I also have 2 linked Mario kart racers as well.
    I want a moto gp and a bubble hockey for the picture with all those neon signs in future.
    Later this week I will get some pics of the upstairs which basically all done and houses 7 of my pins, an NBA Hangtime, a kegerator and a poker table.

Great thanks for that, good to hear BBH HD can hold up reasonably well at home

You have some cool gear!

3 months later
    #7540 7 years ago
    Quoted from cycochris:

So we built a bar downstairs in our new house. i decided i needed a pinball machine for the bar, turns out i was wrong...

...we obviously needed 6. I got the 1st one off rotordave, saw his games room... Nek minnit
    anyways, the bar!

and if you have a bar, might as well have a pole!

Looks awesome Chris, hope to visit some day!

Cheers,

Luke

3 months later
    #8136 7 years ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

Here's a video from yesterday. Only game not in the basement is our new Star Trek Pro which will be heading down in a few weeks(after we play the crap out of it in our living room! ).
    » YouTube video

2 months later
    #8405 7 years ago
    Quoted from snowvictim:

Not really a gameroom pic, but it's something I made for my gameroom. I didn't want to start a new thread for this, yet I still felt like sharing it on Pinside. Maybe someone will be inspired.
    Conscious of the fact that Medieval Madness is, both, out of my budget and out of my capacity (I only have room for 4 games, apart from the basement, but it's damp and floods often, while also being tough to get the games down there, so I don't want to keep them there. I've got a TZ, TOTAN, picking up a CFTBL on Thursday, and the last one will be a TAF), I still felt like I want it in my gameroom somehow. I remembered that I have a MM mini-translite, and I've come up with this:

Basically, I've called this a minibackbox, which I intend to hang on the wall of my gameroom. As you can see, I also have the mini-translites for TOM and AFM, which will also be used for minibackboxes as it looks rather nice. The project is not finished yet, I'm looking into some solution for a "miniDMD", or at least a way of having the title screen showing up nicely. The speaker panel "grille" also needs installing. It works pretty much like a normal backbox, in that I can remove the translite and access the stuff inside (I intend to put an Arduino board running a very basic lightshow in it. Considering either standalone 9V batteries or powering it up through a normal socket). A short description of the project for anyone who wants a read:
    I started off by measuring the backbox and scaling it down to fit the translite. The scale factor was x0.388. I assembled the backbox by cutting it out of 6mm plywood pieces cut to match the individual pieces of the genuine backboard. They were glued together using both hot glue and standard wood glue.
    After that was done, I created the DMD/speaker panel in Google SketchUp using the same scaling. I exported the SketchUp file to an .stl file for 3D printing and sent the part off for printing. I was extremely happy with the results, and also happy with 3D printing (it's the first time I've done it and it's something I'm looking into for a TAF project I intend to undertake over the summer).
    Next, I found the backbox decals for MM. There was a problem with them since they appeared to be cropped slightly, so the backbox decal on the minibackbox isn't identical to the real one (it's stretched to fit the wood). I also made a Williams logo decal, since extruding it in SketchUp was an absolute nightmare, and it would stand out 0.5mm, so it'd be barely noticeable anyway.
    Lastly, I cut a "trench" in the inside of the top of the backbox for the minitranslite to slide in like it does on an actual game. I've attached two pieces of balsa across the length of the inside of the top to keep it in place. When all the woodwork was done I sprayed 5 layers of black, then I glued the speaker panel with hot glue into the minibackbox once the paint had dried. After that, I applied the decals. The last step of the manual stuff will be to get a layer of clearcoat onto it. I applied very little hot glue since the panel fit in snug, so it'll come off for the clearcoating. When that gets done I'll create all the light-related stuff and program my Arduino to perform a very basic lightshow.

As a finishing note, I'm really happy with the way this came out. For someone like me, limited by both space and money in a hobby I love, this is a very elegant solution to supplement a game room with games I most likely won't ever have (unless I win the lottery or something...). Sorry for rambling on and on like this, I'll shut up now.

Cool idea.

You could mount a small LCD screen where the DMD normally goes, run a PC to the screen with Visual PinMAME running the Medieval Madness Rom in attract mode

5 months later
    #9148 6 years ago
    Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Thanks guys --- no CGI here, just a little OCD when it comes to cable management. I also have PS3/PS4/XBOX1/WiiU wired into the cubbies under the TV. there rest of the compartments is where I stash he controllers, games, movies etc. Here are some more pics with everything on.

Great collection, love the arcade selection. What are the dimensions of your room?

1 week later
    #9224 6 years ago

Took some photos before the local meet yesterday, lots of games come/gone over the past year

15 (resized).JPG15 (resized).JPG

14 (resized).JPG14 (resized).JPG

13 (resized).JPG13 (resized).JPG

12 (resized).JPG12 (resized).JPG

11 (resized).JPG11 (resized).JPG

10 (resized).JPG10 (resized).JPG

9 (resized).JPG9 (resized).JPG

8 (resized).JPG8 (resized).JPG

7 (resized).JPG7 (resized).JPG

6 (resized).JPG6 (resized).JPG

5 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG

4 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG

3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG

2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

#9228 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Super nice set-up. But where do ya park your car?

Can't you see the Ferrari in there

I just park our family car in the driveway

2 years later
    #14225 4 years ago
    Quoted from bowtech:

Alright game room guru's I need your help. Just had my black light carpet installed and I added some black light strip lights and some bulbs to my ceiling fan but it doesn't seem bright enough. The strip lights are ok but the fan lights are about worthless. Need some ideas so I can make this carpet glow! The picture actually makes it look better than it does in person.[quoted image]

Buy a couple of these bad boys:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LRQ47Q8/

5 months later
    #15123 3 years ago

Quoted from drfrightner:

Almost every single game an LE! Just added a few more including Black Knight LE and Guardians Le.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

4 months later
    #15935 3 years ago
    Quoted from CanadianPinball:

700 in HK, sounds spacious!

Be even less once the Chinese government moves in

#15937 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

It’s actually a nice place. It was a three bedroom/2 bath place. But they knocked down walls and now it’s one master bedroom, a nice office/bedroom and an open kitchen/dining/living room on the 29th floor. Perfect for us! I love HKG (other than not having my pins and jukes)!
    BTW, if I was here solo I’d have pins. I could comfortably put a half dozen in the place!

Yeah don't get me wrong, I've been to Hong Kong, great place, friendly people. But pretty concerning with the new laws from the mainland

3 years later
    #22846 6 months ago
    Quoted from Kolk1:

The local place Atomic that just reopened at a new location, they have playfields between the urinals. LOL
    [quoted image]

Hope they don't use a South Park, that gobble hole will enter glory hole territory

2 months later
    #23361 3 months ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

It's the shock factor. When I have a crowd, the first person that uses the bathroom gets freaked out - I tell them "Don't make eye contact with him, he's a neighbor who just won't leave". From there on, it becomes an attraction. All in fun.
    [quoted image]

Yeah you've shown us that weird-ass thing like 5 times in this thread

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider esoteric_rt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=esoteric_rt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.