Topic Stats

• 23,812 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duffysarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19055 2 years ago
    Quoted from dutchi:

Well its a start.. and what an amazing gamerooms in this thread! My youngest daughter is a fan
    [quoted image]

Nice start to your gameroom...and I love the artwork on the walls!

4 weeks later
    #19345 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

Guys I must inform you of a steal I got after posting my new game room on Facebook. Someone I know messaged me and said they had a working firepower and if I was interested they’d sell it to me for $500

2 months ago I also snagged a Firepower for €450 (which is essentially $500). It was dirty and needed a few MPU repairs and wiring fixes. A few weeks later I fell into another deal with someone who wanted a Firepower, so we did an even trade for his F-14 Tomcat....so I've got a $500 F-14 now

Deals are still out there...and sometimes two deals in one!!

2 months later
    #19851 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

Thanks, it was just an image I found and had made into a translite.
    [quoted image]

Awesome! How/where did you have it made? Local print shop or web-based?

2 weeks later
    #19942 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

You know what I like most about this story? It isn't full of just brand new Sterns. Great lineup.

Seeing a lineup of all brand-new Sterns is like going to a Saturday night car show and seeing a row of 1-2 year old sports cars. They are of course awesome and beautiful pieces of machinery...but a hodgepodge of classics of all eras, makes, and condition is far more interesting. It also teaches you a lot more (cars & pins).

#19946 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Couldn't agree with you more!! Fixing this 40+ year old car prepared me well to fix my own pins right from day one![quoted image]

Dude. You're my freaking hero! AWESOME!!!

2 months later
    #20325 1 year ago
    Quoted from Eagle14:

Batcave is almost finished.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Holy crap, that is sick! The colors reflecting off the car is just amazing. Not sure I'd be hosting too many pinball nights with it parked in there...but very beautiful all the same.

2 months later
    #20729 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballGalore:

First time I'm seeing them all light up so beautifully. Some still require a few tweaks but just staring at them all lit up for ten minutes straight is my kind of meditation.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Killer collection dude! TOM and TOTAN are both on my someday/hopefully/if I get lucky list!

1 month later
    #20889 1 year ago
    Quoted from aamauzy:

Stupid Genesis with that swoopy 80B head kind screws with the lines, though

My TX Sector screws up my lineup just the same. I have all my BWS lined up together and a 2nd row of "misfits" on the other side. Gottliebs, classic Stern, EM, etc.

#20898 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Anyone do games by designer? Like a Steve Ritchie row or Pat Lawlor corner?

I have a Pat Lawlor row (sort of) going on with his first 7 machines from Banzai to Road Show. My Whirlwind is in my maintenance area still being refurbished, and my Addams is unfortunately still back in the states...and it really bothers me!

VideoCapture_20221031-182531 (resized).jpgVideoCapture_20221031-182531 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #21304 1 year ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

Building near the ocean we cant have basements. Water table. Second floor porch will let the fun spill outside. Prob get 6 pins, multicade, coke machine, whiskey barrel table, tv and some comfy chairs.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bethany!? My house is 20 mins away from you near Millsboro, and my Dad lives in Millville. I know what you mean about the water table. I'll have 20 pins by the time I move back and no suitable place for them. Basement not an option, so wife and I are planning to break ground on a 40' x 28' expansion there in about 12-18 months.

#21311 1 year ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

Very cool. This area is crazy with new homes. Everyone moving to the Beach and Delaware is the new place to retire since taxes are cheap. Property tax is like 80% less then MD Need to change my pinside name

Yeah, we were born in the state. Sussex County has changed a lot since we were kids. Each time I come back I see hundreds of more new homes being built.

#21340 1 year ago
    Quoted from lecter:

Hi guys!
    I have a passion for American style, love looking at your games rooms and enjoy reading pinside. There are so many great pinball places to see in the US, I would love to be there one day.
    At the moment I can't afford a game room as impresive as yours, but I'm still working hard on it
    Your Polish friend Erni[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You have excellent taste in pins...and you have an especially nice looking Road Show!

#21370 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Pandora's box is utter shit is my honest answer. I have nothing good to say about it, every aspect of it is trash. Poorly made Chinese bootleg nonsense.
    That said, if you aren't particularly picky about things like input lag, accuracy, and bugs and you just want a big list of games to scroll through why not.
    MiSTer is absolutely not plug and play. It's early adopter land for people who don't mind working and researching to have the best experience, which will still have issues here and there. But if you want games without lag it's hard to beat, short of just working in the realm of real PCBs. I run it with an Jamma adapter in real cabs. Works great once set up.
    The real answer is there's no magic box of lots of games that works amazing and easily and has every title you want.
    My real advice is this: stop worry about quantity and just get a game or two you enjoy. Multigames are primarily a waste of time in my experience, which very few people actually use to any great extent. 3000 games you don't care about is easily trumped by a single title you really like and want to fire up or share with people.

I bought a Pandora Box from Alibaba with the intent of using it in a cabinet I have in a dual-boot setup. They are absolute garbage. The games all play at the wrong speeds, aspect ratio is wrong, and the UI is terrible. That piece of crap sits in a drawer now. I ended up using an old Raspi3 running RetroPie. Been running those for 6 years and they still do everything I need.

3 weeks later
    #21543 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Noticeable difference in power draw when the games are in attract mode versus being played. All my games are LED throughout, so are using up negligible power just being turned on. Now, if/when enough people are over to be playing them all at the same time, now that might be another story. I noticed a 5v reset issue in one of my games only under this scenario. Oh, and a friend's kid flipping both at the same time constantly. Game kept resetting yet could never replicate it just here on my own. I figure my electrical service in this house is pretty mediocre and it took using a lot of it all at once to see any issues crop up.

I've measured the power consumption of all of my machines while in attract mode. 15 pins & 3 arcade machines draws 1800-1900 watts. TNA draws only 55 watts in attract...and Haunted House almost 200 so there's a huge difference depending on era. Every machine in the collection is LED'd and that cut the power draw a lot. However consumption is almost double when everything is being played. The gameroom is served by a single 18A breaker at 230v so upwards of 3500+ watts capacity. I've never tripped it, but I've also never had more than 6 or 7 machines being played at once with the rest in attract.

6 months later
    #22525 9 months ago
    Quoted from PinballGalore:

From Israel to Cyprus. Some of them have traveled with me to Israel from South Africa almost 15 yrs ago

Good luck! I also have experience moving pins internationally...from Germany->USA in 2019, and then back to Germany again in 2020. I had the movers wrap them all in plastic, then double-wrap them in 2 layers of cardboard. Everything was taped up very well and I had NO damage. I had to be VERY watchful and a bit of a PIA to the movers to ensure that everything was wrapped and protected sufficiently.

I now have 17 pins in Germany and I stress a bit about the day I'll return to the USA.

20190607_104407 (resized).jpg20190607_104407 (resized).jpgreceived_478363429592303 (resized).jpegreceived_478363429592303 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duffysarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=duffysarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.