Topic Stats

• 23,726 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by kciaccio
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240329_010145474 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240329_010155166 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6895 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6906 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6907 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6908 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dendoc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1667 10 years ago

Got permission to convert the garage to a game room. Love the pics of everyones efforts. A couple of questions, I've decided on carpet rather than tile for comfort and noise, but wondered what lighting is best? Central or edges? Also, Individual power points, or power boards?

Thanks for the help. Want to get it right.

1 week later
    #1722 10 years ago

The current room. Of course too small for my 10 pins, so just got wifely permission to convert the garage to a new games room, and build a new garage in front of that! No more need to rotate pins in and out of storage!

games_room.jpggames_room.jpg

#1725 10 years ago

yep, love teh pachislo. Great cartoons of Kirk battling Klingons when you spin for a jackpot.

2 months later
    #1917 10 years ago

Got permission to convert the garage into the games room, and move some internal walls. Putting a new garage/entrance out the front, so everything is a wonderful mess at the moment.

Hoping the result will be as good as some here!

#1919 10 years ago

Pics of the progress-

image.jpgimage.jpg image-370.jpgimage-370.jpg
    4 weeks later
    #2006 10 years ago

Latest pic of the games room build. Walls up, plasterer in next week. Then bloody Christmas break until painting and carpet squares. Stupid holidays!walls up.jpgwalls up.jpg

1 week later
    #2053 10 years ago

Set up is starting to look good. Had the Brother-in-laws 50th Birthday yesterday (yep, 25 Dec the poor thing), but was a great day for all ages. The Woz took a beating and held up perfectly!Cave panorama.jpgCave panorama.jpgCave panorama 2.jpgCave panorama 2.jpg

2 months later
    #2240 10 years ago

Finally got all my machines in my new games room. Need to complete the other end of it with TV, Sterio and other incidentals. But at least all the machines are home and loved. image.jpgimage.jpg

#2246 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hashman:

You could always sell me your Congo!

I have a MMr coming soon, so will need to move the Congo on. Let me know if you want it, its a pearler. PM if you like.

#2250 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks like a VERY nice GR. How many sf. is it?

I'll do a measure today and see.

1 week later
    #2310 10 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

The latest garage lineup, CC & AFM are with McCune

Holey Moley talk about an A -list line up. Nice one.

1 week later
    #2406 10 years ago

Got my real rock entrance built for "the cave".
    Thinking of thick black rubber strips to push through rather than a boring door.image-396.jpgimage-396.jpg

#2408 10 years ago

I agree. Got the lab door for the entrance and the tardis for the reverse. Thanks blondetall!

3 weeks later
    #2494 9 years ago

took the advise and installed my entrance door today. Looks great with the stones (real ones at that).IMG_1750 (600x800).jpgIMG_1750 (600x800).jpg

#2502 9 years ago

I was thinking the same thing re painting the trim grey - I trust your taste too Aurich (Helen is gazing loving at me from my acdc)! The rocks are permanent - waiting for the first tipsy guest to bump into the edge of them. Having Pinny and Pizza night tomorrow, so let the blood flow begin!

#2513 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

A quick and dirty photoshop of what it could look like with grey instead for reference.

door-trim.jpg 61 KB

Right, holiday in Australia for you then with that airbrush. Come on down!

#2534 9 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

The flies there are not that big but there are zillions of them at the right time/place. Flight is not that bad really. Here are some other hazards to look out for in OZ

v3-amused-_img-dangerous-austral... 33 KB

Nice map. I had the pleasure of living in NZ for a year. Couldn't believe there is nothing there that is poisonous/venomous. Such a relaxed place. But watch out for orcs. Apparently they live in Orcland (or is that Aukland?)

3 weeks later
    #2696 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Nice! Are the stones a permanent thing? Because if they're keepers I would personally consider painting the white trim inside them a matching grey. Would really change the look for the better IMHO, make it feel integrated. Door looks great, would also be improved by that. Just a thought!

Took the advice - thanks. Much better.
    IMG_1782.JPGIMG_1782.JPG

#2698 9 years ago

And the latest line up. Happy happy timesimage-614.jpgimage-614.jpgimage-392.jpgimage-392.jpg

#2705 9 years ago
    Quoted from kapsreiter:

where did you get this decal?
    file?
    thx
    tom

That's the place. I have the Tardis on the inside of the door - you exit the room into some strange "house". It's no where near as good as the entry decal though. bit too cartoony.

#2711 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well let's see a picture.

As requested. image-939.jpgimage-939.jpg

#2718 9 years ago

Yes, and I agree.
    If you want to see it in action, see

#2720 9 years ago

It's one of those "if you need to ask, you probably cannot afford it" things. Each are custom made and never repeated, so more art work than just a toy. I love mine though. Smaller ones are havailable though, and you can contact David via his website, very nice guy.

#2726 9 years ago

Sorry for the offence, but it was $3,500. Some find this reasonable, others go ballistic. Just read the WOZ castle mod thread about pricing art vs mass production. Some get quite emotional.
    I know you can get an entire machine for this cost, but I like art and pinball, and it sort of combines both. You should see some of the other "first-world problem" stuff I've bought! I suppose I'll have to go home and post pics of it all now. Just my way of contributing to the economy.....

(reminds me of the joke of the elderly woman at Tiffany's. Bends down to look at a watch and lets out a fart. She doesn't think anyone hears. A shop assistant comes over and she asks "how much is that lovely watch?". He replies "if you fart just looking at it you'll shit yourself when I tell you how much it costs!")

1 week later
    #2816 9 years ago

What the? My guests would soil themselves if that happened unexpectantly, not to mention my kids.
    Well done!

3 weeks later
    #2832 9 years ago

Sure, Its just a color changing LED strip with the usual remote control. There are 3 lengths joined together. A black aluminium "L" guide is secured to the wood edge and LED placed in that. Stops you seeing the LED light directly, on the projected color. I'll take a photo of it more closely if you need one.

#2834 9 years ago

Do these help?image-721.jpgimage-721.jpgimage-601.jpgimage-601.jpg

#2837 9 years ago

It's adhesive backing onto the alumini strip. It doesn't stick well to the wood
    image-29.jpgimage-29.jpgimage-266.jpgimage-266.jpg

#2841 9 years ago

and I have JP. Covered.

#2850 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Can't cram in another one.

Iphone 2014 018.JPG 240 KB

Iphone 2014 019.JPG 263 KB

Isn't that a dream collection. Well done. Got to add WOZ into the mix now (no controversy please, just for contrast to all the Williams/Bally and Stern)

2 months later
    #2920 9 years ago
    Quoted from Breadfan:

Finally got some breathing room so I made a guitar wall mount today. I'm sure it'll close back up in a flash but I'm hoping not!

20140904_005100.jpg 298 KB

Please tell me that TZ topper spins?

5 months later
    #3758 9 years ago

This is what Don and Jeff's (pinball Podcast) place would look like if they decided to start breeding.

367074-i.jpg367074-i.jpg

1 year later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dendoc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=dendoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.