Topic Stats

• 23,814 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davebart5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5703 8 years ago

Just finished putting some final touches on my game room. I had a tight budget and a small room to put something together, but I am very happy with how it turned out. I tried to tie in all of my main hobbies (pins, games, turntablism, gems & minerals, cactus and succulents, record collecting, my music business, etc.)

I have some numbered and signed silk screen pinball art to put around the room. First is the 'Solenoids & Asteroids' design by Graham Pilling, I feel that truly embodies the battle of pinball and having that space themed poster next to the BH really works well.

There are two posters by Dirty Donny. One is the 'Master Blaster' which technically isn't pinball related besides looking like the inspiration for Sparky from Metallica Pinball (which is a game I dream of owning), but the 'Zodiac' poster from DD is pinball related. I really like his style and love that he incorporates Pinball into his art. The blacklight aesthetic truly makes it feel like a room to have a drink, listen to music and play pins.

I have my shelves full of the rare gems and minerals I collect, as well as my turntables and victorian Morris Chair with the lion heads and paws. Love sitting in that thing. And a small mini fridge packed with waters, craft beers and craft sodas. I installed some LED spotlights on the shelves for the rocks and threw some small blacklights into small lamps to make the posters glow.

Final steps here is to throw a stand-up arcade cabinet in that closet like area in the corner next to the records. Other than that, I am feeling like this room is ready to rock.

IMG_0306_(resized).JPGIMG_0306_(resized).JPG

IMG_0305_(resized).JPGIMG_0305_(resized).JPGIMG_0307_(resized).JPGIMG_0307_(resized).JPGIMG_0303_(resized).JPGIMG_0303_(resized).JPGIMG_0308_(resized).JPGIMG_0308_(resized).JPGIMG_0309_(resized).JPGIMG_0309_(resized).JPGIMG_0310_(resized).JPGIMG_0310_(resized).JPGIMG_0301_(resized).JPGIMG_0301_(resized).JPGIMG_0315_(resized).JPGIMG_0315_(resized).JPGIMG_0312_(resized).JPGIMG_0312_(resized).JPGIMG_0313_(resized).JPGIMG_0313_(resized).JPG

#5714 8 years ago
    Quoted from tiltmonster:

Vintage and very cool! Still rockin the LPs myself and love that B Dawk!

Being a die hard Eagles fan I will always love B Dawk. The Liberty Bell and B Dawk are created by a local artist that makes Philly themed pictures that are actually made up of a bunch of words smashed together to create one single image. The Liberty Bell is the words of the constitution and B Dawk is one of his famous pre-game speeches mashed together to make the shot.

Quoted from Aladdin:

Very classy! Nice job on incorporating the Blacklight Posters without making the room look like you just got back from Spencers Gifts at the mall!

Thank you. I had to come up with a way to get the illumination pinpointed on the poster and not much else. I also had to have the bulb not be visible at all because they are a bit unpleasant to look at directly. As you said it can take over the room and I wanted to avoid that, and so did my girlfriend who I share this home with. She was worried about everyone's teeth and clothes glowing when they walked in the room. Not very classy. I happened to find small compact blacklight bulbs and got creative with extending the edges of the lamps with gaffe tape to funnel the light to the poster, block the view of the bulb and contain the blast of neon purple. Turned out better than I originally imagined.

3 years later
    #13603 4 years ago

I don't have a huge space or a lot of games, but I'm happy with my game room slice of the home. It's always a fun time rocking these games and having weekend bon-fire shin-digs over tokes and jokes with friends. I used to have 3 games in the setup, Class of 1812 is being babysat by a friend, but I didn't like the flow of the space cramming in 3 and this 2-some frames the room much better with a small alleyway behind the games for storage and a backdoor to the ground level bonfire area. Might change up the prints, sell one or two, and adjust some of the lighting soon, but overall we're feeling good and 2 game tournament ready. Party!

IMG_0130 (resized).jpgIMG_0130 (resized).jpgIMG_0162 (resized).jpgIMG_0162 (resized).jpgIMG_0172 (resized).jpgIMG_0172 (resized).jpgIMG_0173 (resized).jpgIMG_0173 (resized).jpgIMG_0153 (resized).jpgIMG_0153 (resized).jpgIMG_0160 (resized).jpgIMG_0160 (resized).jpgIMG_0159 (resized).jpgIMG_0159 (resized).jpgIMG_0166 (resized).jpgIMG_0166 (resized).jpgIMG_0167 (resized).JPGIMG_0167 (resized).JPGIMG_0171 (resized).jpgIMG_0171 (resized).jpgIMG_0175 (resized).jpgIMG_0175 (resized).jpgIMG_0176 (resized).jpgIMG_0176 (resized).jpgIMG_0178 (resized).jpgIMG_0178 (resized).jpgIMG_0179 (resized).jpgIMG_0179 (resized).jpg
    #13606 4 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Davebart5, cool rocket lamp! Did you make that yourself?

Found it at an antique store here in PA. The four exhaust flame bulbs flicker and the middle is an edison bulb. It's stunning in action and one of those things I couldn't leave the store without it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davebart5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=davebart5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.