Topic Stats

• 23,835 posts
  • 2,345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 minutes ago by nickrivers
  • Topic is favorited by 1,121 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

adcc8631-0ad1-436f-bac6-b92e38c5e4b1 (resized).jpg
    cde76292-235b-4aeb-93ad-e03a4f86cf0e (resized).jpg
    396724a8-c984-4b78-823c-5182cb817327 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205403289 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205413200 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205452551 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205433432 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205443930 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205502934 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205514994 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205521414 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205546968 (resized).jpg
    20240421_204123 (resized).jpg
    20240421_210141 (resized).jpg
    dp8 (resized).jpg
    df18 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danqverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1288 11 years ago

Man, I can't wait to get into my new house (we close next Tuesday) with the awesome already-finished basement rec room. First game (first thing in the entire house, actually!) will be the AC/DC Premium currently languishing in my garage still in its box!

Pics will be forthcoming once I get everything set up!

1 month later
    #1369 10 years ago

Soon, baby!

3 weeks later
    #1444 10 years ago

Gadzooks!

Well, at least you'll have room for 13 more machines!!! Then it's expansion time!

Quoted from rotordave:

Should fit 100 in here according to my drawings.

3 weeks later
    #1576 10 years ago
    Quoted from bluevegas:

How far are you from Blenheim? I have family there and they have been wanting us to visit. I can use them as an excuse to go to NZ, and then just go to your place instead

He's near Auckland, your family's near Wellington. 11+ hour drive.

Like I'm some expert on NZ! I just Googled it...

3 months later
    #1896 10 years ago

I was going to wait and squeeze as many games as possible into my new game room and do some decorating before posting, but I can't resist showing this end of it now, since I realized this corner is pretty much done!gameroom_north.jpggameroom_north.jpg

5 months later
    #2542 10 years ago

Our fledgling pinball league had its third monthly competition tonight, this time in my own new game room, which meant I finally had to get it filled with games and spiffed up all nice and presentable. So to celebrate, here are some pics, including a few from league night.

IMG_20140426_170814.jpgIMG_20140426_170814.jpg IMG_20140426_171007.jpgIMG_20140426_171007.jpg IMG_20140426_171415.jpgIMG_20140426_171415.jpg IMG_20140426_171506.jpgIMG_20140426_171506.jpg IMG_20140426_172348.jpgIMG_20140426_172348.jpg IMG_20140426_172400.jpgIMG_20140426_172400.jpg IMG_20140426_172444.jpgIMG_20140426_172444.jpg IMG_20140426_172451.jpgIMG_20140426_172451.jpg IMG_20140426_172519.jpgIMG_20140426_172519.jpg IMG_20140426_190943 (2).jpgIMG_20140426_190943 (2).jpg IMG_20140426_190951 (2).jpgIMG_20140426_190951 (2).jpg IMG_20140426_191003.jpgIMG_20140426_191003.jpg
    #2554 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

First, DanQ, the room is awesome. Second, I suspect you spent the entire party monitoring and correcting everyone's grammar but the party was probably still equally awesome.

Ha ha. No, we communicated using the spoken word, where homonyms are indistiguishable and therefore cannot be incorrect, for instance. But if someone did say "supposably" or somesuch I might provide a gentle ribbing, I suppose.

I rarely (as in less than 0.1% of available opportunities) correct anyone, and when I do I try to be humorous about it.

#2564 9 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

He intentionally used the word because it would push his buttons.

Supposably, except it doesn't when it's intentional and humorous.

3 weeks later
    #2732 9 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

Sorry for the offence, but it was $3,500. Some find this reasonable, others go ballistic.

Looks like a man-month or so of effort to create, so $3500 is not unreasonable at all. Very cool!

1 week later
    #2820 9 years ago
    Quoted from liorillusion:

» YouTube video
    look at the end (5:50) . flying darth vader

Jaw-droppingly cool!

#2827 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I have the same light bought from same place in China, I hate the wire to this thing and have to run an extension cord as the cord cant reach the standard outlet to plug in. My sign doesn't have the plug in in the sign, its just a wire into it, no quick disconnect, etc. Let me know how you did it. you can just pm me.

Sounds not quite the same then, he stated it plugs into his light...

3 weeks later
    #2843 9 years ago
    Quoted from davjoszie:

is it just me or does almost every collection have a LAH or JP?

Or both! (Like me)

#2845 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Can't cram in another one.

Come on! Do you live in Cantfield, or Canfield? I see a couch in the way...

1 year later
    #6619 7 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Marshall mini fridge on sale at costco.com
    $50 off shipppng included / no maple leaf .

Gah! $300 on sale? So, a basic $80 mini fridge with $220 worth of Marshallness?

Makes me glad my fridge is hidden behind the bar anyway.

#6638 7 years ago

Sorry about my sticker shock. I figured maybe half that.

1 week later
    #6710 7 years ago

I posted a feature request for that functionality some time ago. Crickets...

Maybe they were too busy with Stalkermatic 3000.

1 month later
    #6945 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I think I can solve your problem, get rid of all the arcade cabs.

I wonder how many times that particular sentiment has been expressed in this thread.

Guess how many arcades I have to my 29 pins? Hint: the pins to arcades ratio is infinite and/or undefined!

#6948 7 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Otherwise, it's just a Pinball Parlor.

That's like saying the Louvre is just an art gallery.

1 week later
    #7087 7 years ago

I question the accuracy of calling a room a "game room" when furniture takes up more space than the games.

Pool tables count as furniture, by the way!

-

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

a bristle board with steel darts

Luddite! Having to track scores manually? Especially while drunk?

If that's better, then by that logic, we should all have bagatelles.

#7099 7 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Thats not very civilized!

In what way? Merely expressing an opinion is impolite now?

(Some background: this person thinks it's clever to say what he did because I said in the Predator thread that it's uncivilized to even joke about causing physical harm to Kevin Kulek. The mods agreed, and have their ban hammer at the ready, so now this. Draw your own conclusions.)

As if I was even being serious. Of course a room with games is a game room. And I once had a pool table, which wound up mainly being used as a table table. As for darts, its popularity is thanks to automatic scoring, and only serious competitors and/or snobs would look down their noses at those machines, bounceouts notwithstanding. I try to picture how much fun doing it manually would be, and I am skeptical to put it mildly. But I agree the physics are superior, good thing most people could discern that my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek.

Perhaps following a poster around making unfounded comments based on things said in an unrelated thread is impolite?

#7113 7 years ago

I'm right there with you in agreement. Electronic darts is like a Virtual Pinball cabinet vs. real pinball. Just not quite the same. I guess most folks who prefer electronic darts are the ones who couldn't pass math class in 6th grade and want the computer to do it for them! Haha!

More likely, they don't want to have arguments about it, or have to check each other's work, or wonder whether to suspect cheating, they just want to have fun. I don't agree that the contrast is as stark as that between real and virtual pinball, by a long shot. Give me a break.

No one around here played darts when I came of age. Now the electronic boards are standard in practically every bar.

Yeah, they mess up sometimes with the scoring, but so do pinballs. You takes what you gets.

I had my eye out for a good deal on a full size bar darts machine for a long time, but the deals get snapped up faster even than underpriced pins. Then I found a killer home board, with Cricket scoring and a scrolling marquee, at Goodwill for 20 bucks! It was like $400 new!

And I'm so glad it's not a Halex, with that horrible bug that awards the computer Triple Bullseyes in Cricket during practice against a virtual opponent! You think you've been pissed at a pinball?

#7120 7 years ago

Have you played steel tip darts or just soft tip? having to straighten out and tighten loose soft tips before every throw, the constant bounce outs, and the light weight of soft tip darts just doesn't quite cut it after playing any serious time with steel tip darts. Electronic darts are in bars not because they are better, but only because they collect money without having someone working in the bar babysitting them. But if all you played is soft tips, and that's your preference, by all means....enjoy!

For serious competition, I'm sure steel tip darts are far superior.

For a friendly inebriated pastime, soft tips FTW!

I've spent more time typing about it now than I've spent actually playing darts in recent memory. Back to the game room pics! (My own are forthcoming soon, just working on some finishing touches!)

1 month later
    #7309 7 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I just have to say that you know a pin is good when its in nearly every game room it seems. Metallica for the win!!!

Hardly. I've been to lots of local game rooms and only one has Meh-tallica.

(I just thought of that! Nothing against the game, I understand it's awesome. Too bad it's got that band for a theme.)

And however good it is, it's sorta there by default, since the guy gets just about every pin Stern puts out. (Of course the clunkers get rotated out, so we can conclude it doesn't suck, at least...)

I keed, I keed. Someday I'll spend some real time on it and wind up wanting one, I'm sure!

#7316 7 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I'm just saying the gamerooms posted here. B
    More often then not, Met is present. Must be less civilized around here!!

Probably a correlation between having the money for new games and having a game room of showing-off caliber!

2 months later
    #7644 7 years ago

Oughta be able to fit a few games in there!

#7669 7 years ago

Even worse: posting complaints about beach pics in a game room thread!

(... Or complaints about complaints!)

3 weeks later
    #7736 7 years ago

I wouldn't say that was a blatant ad. He just wants to know if our interested, whatever that means.

4 months later
    #8473 6 years ago
    Quoted from KirboTurbo:

Flipping both flippers at the same time, continuously. I got a lot of those rules from a thread from 5 years ago called "Home pins- what are your house rules". Sorry, I could not figure out how to post the link from that thread. Pretty cool thread though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-pins-what-are-your-house-rules

1 month later
    #8757 6 years ago
    Quoted from catalina:

Mine has come along greatly over the past few months. Getting the wall built for the bowling machine to go against really made a big difference.
    Looking forward to filling in the gaps over time.

Maybe you are crazy into pool, but typically your gaps will decrease as the pins multiply, and soon enough you won't have to worry about the cue ("Q"!) ball as the pool table will be sacrificed to the pinball gods in order to cram in more pins! Seen it happen many times.

Yes, this is a hackneyed observation, but it's true!

3 weeks later
    #8883 6 years ago

If I change my name to Luke will you adopt me so I can inherit all that someday?

(Actually it wouldn't surprise me if you already named a kid that so you could say... you know...)

1 month later
    #9102 6 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

The penguin made me think of these 2, I think they should be hanging in your game room

Burma!

5 years later
    #22121 11 months ago

Decades in the making, I finally hung some shelves that can accommodate my extensive, mostly VFD handheld/tabletop electronic game collection. Now I can honestly say my gameroom features well over 100 individual games!

PXL_20230514_025849130~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230514_025849130~2 (resized).jpg
    #22129 11 months ago

Thanks guys, I wish I had taken them out of hiding years ago! They had been languishing in boxes since 2003.

#22132 11 months ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Do you have one of these? (I can't tell from the picture)
    It was designed by a friend of mine.[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh, yes, one of those has been in my other game display for several years now.
    caseofgames (resized).jpgcaseofgames (resized).jpg
    Er, I could have sworn it was. Anyway, I know I surely have more than one, actually.
    And that's an old pic. Some of those games are on the new shelves...

#22135 11 months ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Now my question to you is... do you play any of them?

No, but I'm trying to talk myself into starting a YouTube channel or whatever checking them out one by one. My fear is that the interest would be limited.

1 week later
    #22157 11 months ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Er, I could have sworn it was. Anyway, I know I surely have more than one, actually.
    And that's an old pic. Some of those games are on the new shelves...

Just kicking back in the old basement game den and noticed, yeah, Wildfire is in this case now. This is what I get for being too lazy to go take a new pic.

PXL_20230527_052345858 (resized).jpgPXL_20230527_052345858 (resized).jpg

Played tons of this as a kid. Probably the most of any electronic game, in fact. (Coleco Electronic Quarterback got old fast.)

1 week later
    #22218 10 months ago

Velcro? Do the banners need to be removable or something? That is sort of the point of Velcro, no? Won't it leave adhesive residue on the wall when the wall strip is removed, if not paint damage?

The banners do have grommets... I would use Command Strip hooks to hang by the grommets if I was worried about the wall.

Which is to say I wouldn’t be, my walls are covered with items and I'm always rearranging them as I acquire more, cooler stuff, so there are already tons of tiny holes. Small nails or large push pins are about all I use, except for on the heavy stuff.

I'm finally getting close to having the whole game room and bar presentable, and will be posting pics before long.

1 month later
    #22558 8 months ago
    Quoted from Electronmagic:

Just curious, does "atonement" mean something different in French than it does in English?

Interesting, in French it is used as a synonym for satisfaction or contentment, looks like to me. Makes sense!

#22562 8 months ago

Oh well, my theory sounded plausible to me! I know about as much French as Steve Martin. "I'll have a shoe with cheese on it, force it down my throat, and I want to massage your grandmother."

1 month later
    #22719 7 months ago

Cool! I want a smegging Smeg fridge someday!

1 month later
    #22963 5 months ago

I hope you got lucky renting out the back side of a neglected shopping mall, and aren't planning on keeping it heated and air conditioned 24/7!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danqverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=danqverymuch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.