Topic Stats

• 14,152 posts
  • 1,739 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Deaconblooze
  • Topic is favorited by 725 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,686 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191111_211659 (resized).jpg
    20191111_210938 (resized).jpg
    20191111_210955 (resized).jpg
    677EE45D-693C-4EAA-815D-96AC88636088 (resized).jpeg
    key-cutting-machine (resized).jpg
    73703770-E626-41CA-882D-1FF7B03675A2 (resized).jpeg
    24A9AB42-B516-4752-BB6C-9C06E41A8D34 (resized).jpeg
    417D7DDD-2A8F-4857-B8C8-7FFEF4C0DCAE (resized).jpeg
    97432E89-8AAE-41F8-9D89-E3BD51D803D7 (resized).jpeg
    DC6092A5-CA4B-4951-82C7-353B26EF8A6D (resized).jpeg
    8A40CB8D-BA2C-41E6-BF90-11799509FE89 (resized).jpeg
    CC2D293A-ADFF-4DE0-8689-E37882CB44AE (resized).jpeg
    E2BBAE6C-7DEF-47D5-83F6-0FC07EA7045C (resized).jpeg
    6eba9dca7e3f9b64d6631a0eacb0b3d3e17859c0 (resized).jpg
    59269179-EADE-4F1B-9A65-C6AD5326E640 (resized).jpeg
    624CABC8-0FDE-4DF7-ACB9-8892EB33529E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3050 5 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

1st shot of my new gameroom - eta 03/15
    Scott

IMG_3626.JPG 590 KB

Awesome. Hopefully I will get to see it in person one day....

3 weeks later
    #3104 5 years ago
    Quoted from jints56:

FullSizeRender.jpg 479 KB

Ridiculous. Where are the toppers for MM and TOTAN? haha JK. Great lineup!

3 weeks later
    #3270 4 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Yes, also have a 40" entrance door with a sidewalk going to the driveway so I can just load them on a cart and wheel them in. Designed my house around pinball.

haha. I cannot wait to do the same. On a smaller scale of course haha.

2 weeks later
    #3325 4 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

Finally done! All my favorite indoor hobbies present.

image.jpg 272 KB

image-797.jpg 220 KB

image-930.jpg 297 KB

image-508.jpg 234 KB

image-977.jpg 217 KB

image-147.jpg 203 KB

Nice Tornado foose table. love those things.

#3334 4 years ago

Mines a joke compared to all these, but I like it. image.jpg

#3336 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Man cave is a man cave.... tons of room in there!

Yup. I think I can get at least 25 pins down here. That's one of the advantages of unfinished basement. That, and it's super easy to clean up. Haha

#3338 4 years ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

Here are some pics I just took of my gameroom. It changes up almost daily it seems, as im always trying to figure out something else to get or dont like the way something is. I know that i could get many more games in there but i like to be able to see everything and try to place games to be seen well. I have several pins still coming in or to unbox, so that might change

DSC07431.JPG 159 KB

Quit hogging all the hulk pins!!

3 weeks later
    #3403 4 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

hi all just a few photos of our pole barn arcade..i know not the best photos and im even worse at playing pins..we have seating for 20,lights everywhere,music pumped thru juke box remote units..rubber mats are easy on the legs and people can come inside with dirty winter snow feet swearing like a sailor with a smoke hangin out your mouth and this no problem as its in the barn not the house.we run a 9x12 ho train inside for the kids,board games under booth seats-joe

That leaderboard is awesome.

DSC00221.JPG 275 KB

DSC00156.JPG 335 KB

DSC00220.JPG 249 KB

DSC00218.JPG 229 KB

DSC00154.JPG 120 KB

DSC00158.JPG 321 KB

DSC00182.JPG 249 KB

#3406 4 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

thanks! story behind leader board is most of us are in this for fun.but some guys who have stopped by here want to know right away what am I trying to beat? they get all pro like their at some pinball championship ..so I hang board up and tell everyone this board is recognized by the international industry leaders of pinball and to get on this board brings great respect and possible certificate from them.....we laugh like clowns as we watch them try and try all night fueled by beer and us screaming your going to make it..funny as it get as they get more angry ...by the way the joe on this board is not me..we have 3 other joes who play.

That's amazing. Sounds like me and my friends would fit right in, haha. I might have to "borrow" your idea btw.

#3415 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I have to settle for fold-up oval table.. if I had the room, I would LOVE a table like that!

Do you like yours? Where did you get it? I host a 30 man tournament every year, and I need three ten person tables that can fold up if possible.

#3417 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I do like mine. Got it on amazon when they had a free shipping deal. I think I only paid like 175 bucks with free shipping. Felt top, drink holders, and pretty sturdy. Still not anything like a nice wooden table, but it would be perfect for a tourney. I have about 8 games a year here so its perfect, as folded up it hides in the corner most of the time.

Nice. Thanks for the info.

2 weeks later
    #3487 4 years ago
    Quoted from daveispinball:

I feel compelled to share my gameroom. I can only dream about having more space... problem is I love all my games so I don't want to swap any out!

download (2).jpg 25 KB

download (3).jpg 24 KB

download (8).jpg 23 KB

download (6)-845.jpg 20 KB

Nice tmnt. I want that game bad. Now just get the steelers stuff outta there, and it will look really nice. I kid I kid.

1 month later
    #3749 4 years ago

Powell made my favorite decks when I still skated back in grade school/High school. Just loved that they would replace them for free if you snapped them. That was a huge benefit for a kid with no money haha.

#3763 4 years ago

Nice Tornado table. Love some foose. That STL sticker really ruined it though, haha.

#3768 4 years ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

tornados are really nice. tho I found on my old tornado the ball kept dead sitting in the corners, eventually got rid of it. nice setup and LOVE THE DECKS!!!

I will just pull the rod back hard against the opposite wall and it pops the ball off the wall it is stuck on. Works every time. I just wish it was a more popular game around here. Most people are turned off because of how long it takes to get good.

1 week later
    #3792 4 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

been a year or two, so updating the mini lineup in the best thread on pinside!

IMG_4052.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

That's one hell of a mini lineup!!

#3813 4 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Just over a year in the hobby, my modest collection:
    20150312_142944.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

haha. way nicer than my modest collection. Nice work.

#3821 4 years ago

What would you guys say the percentage of pinball enthusiasts that have their garage as a gameroom? I love the "at all costs" ways people use to really stretch the space in their houses to accommodate this amazing hobby.

#3823 4 years ago

Great point. Forgot about states that can't do basements.

#3829 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

You mean, don't do basements. I don't think that it's a case of "they can't". I think it's just that their climate doesn't require it. No need for a furnace ect.

Yep that is what I meant. You really think I meant it as, "those weirdos in CA, TX, TN, FL, etc don't do basements. They are just too cool. What a bunch of idiots."? Haha. Just forgot about the whole no basement thing is all.

#3836 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Put me in the CA using my garage club. Real estate is expensive here, some of you people in cheaper states would cry if you knew what I paid for my 1200 sq ft house.
    7 in the garage, two inside in my home office (the EMs).

Oh I know. My brother lived in San Diego for 5 years and only left because of the real estate prices. His friend paid over 600k for a 1200 square foot place that would've been 90k here in the KY haha. But it's Ky compared to Cali soooooo.... Hahaha

#3844 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

The issue with Texas is the type of soil. It is heavily clay based soil. The stuff expands and contracts like a sponge when it is wet/dry. All of that expansion and contraction would destroy any basements. I buddy of mine in Dallas had his driveway sink 4 inches when we had the huge drought a few years back. When it's really dry, the dirt around the slab foundation, driveways, sidewalks, etc will start pulling away. You will see big gaps forming. I always keep the perimeter of my house watered with a sprinkler when it gets dry.

I think the issue in TN is similar. It might not be all of TN, but definitely in central TN there is heavy clay or bedrock all over like 4-5 feet under ground. So most houses have just crawl spaces under them.

1 week later
    #3897 4 years ago
    Quoted from ff6735:

Update

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    image-601.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    image-891.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Baby Pac!! hell yeah. Glad you found him a spot amongst your amazing collection.

1 week later
    #3961 4 years ago
    Quoted from gaberm1972:

Family Game room work in progress...

20150403_171126.jpg
    20150403_171137.jpg

Wow. That has to be so exciting! Cannot wait to see the progress.

#3982 4 years ago

I didn't think I could want to go through the trouble of getting a pool table less until I read the past 5-6 posts. haha.

#3985 4 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

The nice thing with pool tables is that they are a nice looking piece of furniture. They can be had cheap if you are smart. 4k table for 200 dollars and unlike pinball it was a 15 minute drive. Downside is that it did not get that much play.

Yeah. And it is almost a natural thing to get when the type of setup I will have in my game room will be all the walls lined in pinball machines with nothing in the middle. Trying to decide what my options are outside of pool table and all I have come up with is some hightop bar tables.

#3987 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rando:

Air Hockey or bubble Hockey!
    Both easier to move than a pool table and cheaper (well the Air Hockey anyway). Or Ping-Pong that can be folded up/moved out when you want?

Good ideas. I have air hockey (not sure if that will make the move as it doesn't get used anymore) I was thinking possibly something that could be moved away if I wanted to, so Ping-Pong might be the way to go. I guess I might just wait until the room is finished and see for sure what kind of space I am dealing with.

#3992 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikeatsparkys:

Because they are too damn loud to have in a house. lol

kind of agree with this one. They are cheap though. I got a basic one from what looks like the 80s for $50.

#3994 4 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

Foosball is another good option with the capability to get 4 players involved. Always had a Foos till I recently moved. Everyone keeps asking when I'm getting another

Great call. A nice Tornado would help tie the room together. I miss my foos table as well.

#4018 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meph:

My gameroom got a little make over today to make room for a couple new additions. Jurassic Park left a couple weeks ago and I picked up a NBA Jam Tournament Edition that I have been restoring. Its almost complete so I moved it in from the garage today. The jukebox next to STTNG is for sale so it's just keeping the space warm for another pin very soon.
    20150411_182145_zpsg6onhbrm.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Nice. What does a NBA jam or a TMNT or Simpsons usually go for arcade wise?

#4020 4 years ago

Sweet. That's better than I thought. Thanks for the info.

3 weeks later
    #4113 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Slightly off topic, but I just added a golf simulator setup to my garage. I took over the third stall, it's quite difficult to really get a decent picture of it, but it's a 10x10x10 enclosure. I'm currently waiting on my new simulator to arrive, so it's mostly used for TV at the moment. I just hosted the fight last weekend, cigars + boxing was a great combo!

20150428_205232.jpg
    20150501_231120.jpg
    20150505_211351.jpg

Whoa. Can I be your new best friend? haha.

#4139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That said, I've been hitting balls at the screen while watching the Brewers lose. It helps.

Haha. I could use one for the Reds.

1 week later
    #4205 4 years ago

What is everyone's preferred flooring for a gameroom? I will be building in the future and want a floor that would be best for working on games out in the gameroom. Just worried about carpet and dropping solder on it or losing pieces, etc. I plan to have an unfinished area for a workshop, but won't be able to have more than one game in there to work on.

3 weeks later
    #4390 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

Just picked up this for my bar
    image.jpg

The question is, did you pull the trigger and buy the machine that goes with it? haha. That would be amazing.

#4395 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I looked into whether or not you could get an "Frozen Carbonated Beverage" machine for the home a few years ago. The general answer I found was no. They're apparently a maintenance headache and nobody wants to support joe home owner with one.

I found this same response for getting a touchtunes in my house. I know there are options to set up something similar, but I thought it would be cool to have all that music at my fingertips for a monthly fee or something. I guess you could set something similar up with Sonos, Spotify Premium and a touchscreen though.

#4403 4 years ago
    Quoted from rviguet:

Plus, you would be amazed at the drinks you can make up and freeze that turn out great

You need to look up how to make bourbon slushes right now. You're welcome.

#4431 4 years ago
    Quoted from philwojo:

We do all you guys get the money for all these games? I have 1 pin and I don't know how I could afford to get another, at least not the newer stuff that I would want that is. We are not rich, but we don't live pay check to pay check either. Man I wish I knew what the secret was to having 10+ machines and most of them being new stuff!!

How did you afford the one game you own? Just keep repeating that. Haha. For me, I just stopped spending money on some of the things I used to buy all the time. Mainly video games. That and not going to the bars so much anymore (barcades are messing with that part though and I'm not mad about it). Oh, and raises and promotions at work help too. Haha

#4448 4 years ago
    Quoted from philwojo:

I just wish I had that kind of extra money to throw around, just being a bit jealous,

I as well brother. I have no space issues at my home, it's the money thing that takes me a minute to get together. Haha. Love living vicariously through other peoples collections on this thread. So many great game rooms out there.

#4462 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Right now I have a very small house with an even smaller basement and two lonely pinball machines. But.....We just signed a contract on a house with a huge basement. It's unfinished, but hopefully shortly after closing I'll have someone in to finish it for me. For now, I'll be using the second first floor bedroom for the two machines. There are two other bedrooms upstairs, but I have no intention of dragging them up there.
    I'm so excited. Add the basement to the 3 car garage and I'm going to be in heaven!

Make sure and show us plenty of pics of you finishing your basement/game room !!

2 weeks later
    #4548 4 years ago

Okay I'm pretty sure JFH wins the game room battle up to this point. Holy moly it is beautiful.

#4557 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Thanks for the kind words.
    But anyone with a game room with pinball machines is a winner in my book.

Totally agree. This thread is so great and full of fantastic ideas.

1 month later
    #4727 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kcbbq13:

Not really my game room, but this is next to the room that pins will end up in... Built this over the weekend with my 10 year old.20150804_113308.jpg

Mini-ramp? Hell yeah!! My friend had one growing up. I practically lived over at his house, haha

#4772 4 years ago

I'm visiting my parents and my dad has like 6 of these custom work benchs on wheels. I think they would be perfect for working on my games. Anyone heard of these?
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    image.jpgimage.jpg

#4774 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

They look great but very expensive I'll bet.

Each cart is $150, not sure for the benches that they fit under. My dad said they are completely customizable with tons of didfernevt options for doors, drawers, sizes, etc

#4776 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well that's not to bad. Stainless steel?

Nah. Looks like some sort of aluminum for the doors, not sure about the carts themselves.

#4782 4 years ago
    Quoted from exflexer:

Those carts are from sams club.

Yup. He said they don't have all of them at SAMs club, but SAMs prices are way cheaper than the company's website.

#4798 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

Are you interested in adopting an Australian?

Or an American?

#4817 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

13x12=169 not 180.

actually 13*12=156. haha sorry I had to do it.

#4827 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

some kick butt under cab lighting on.

And subs. Haha

#4843 4 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

When you're in the middle of an .....epileptic seizure you really don't notice the curtains
    https://instagram.com/p/6WYUijMnrT/

Oh my. Haha

#4847 4 years ago

Or get some black rubber made containers or go to the container store. That place rocks.

#4866 4 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

2900 Sq. ft. By the time I subtract the bedroom, utility room, work shop and bathroom, it's around 2300 sq. ft. of pure game room space.
    I started a separate thread called Arcade/Game Room. There will be several arcade games in it, along with a pool table, two bowling machines, a skee ball, and many, many slot machines. My wife tells me I'm out of control. I don't think she's serious...

With 2900 sq ft, I'd put two bowling lanes in there.

8 months later
    #6442 3 years ago

Change up the lineup a bit! This will be my setup until we move in a year or two. That will give me time to save up for a nice house warming pin! Haha

image_(resized).jpeg

#6454 3 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

Get a hazer to go with it. A 1W would be nice, I had a 750mW and it was mesmerizing.
    ebay.com link ยป 1000mw Rgb Ilda Cartoon Animation Laser Light Dj Disco Stage Full Color 1 W Watt

Haha. Rave game room. I'm down.

#6473 3 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

I could do custom graphics, sure. I just made these for myself, but if folks are interested, I could run some more of them...had just done a few others as well...

If you're willing to sell a punch out set, I'd love one.

5 months later
    #7634 3 years ago

Halloween mini gameroom!!

IMG_4933 (resized).JPG

#7655 3 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

That's a great idea, do you let the trick-or-treaters play the pins?

Hell yeah!! A lot more came to play than I thought too. Some kids were getting yelled at by their friends cause they didn't want to leave. Haha

We're brand new to this neighborhood so I thought that was a good convo starter for the parents too. Found out my neighbor has a Spider-Man arcade in his basement. We picked a cool neighborhood.

3 weeks later
    3 months later
    #8304 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinden007:

Only 1 pin and a few other games. Nothing like the amazing rooms I've seen on here.

Nice!! I have three tables like yours that a buddy built for me. I have a 30 man poker tournament at my house once a year.

#8321 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffk:

Around the corner is a bathroom, so I have to leave some room to get to it. I might put a bar in the little area by the stairs.

Great idea! could have it cornered off in like a half hexagon shape that will help increase seating.

3 weeks later
    #8417 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Nothing worse than looking at game rooms WITHOUT drywall. 50k in pins but not $3000 in drywall! Haha, see it so many times too! Haha. (Drywaller rant!)

Unfinished basements rule. Drywall drools!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 11.95
    $ 14.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 89.99
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 174.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside