Topic Stats

• 23,813 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cam.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#587 11 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

I have posted in here a while ago, but have added to the lineup since then, so here are a few pics.

Ron, that's a sweet setup you got happening! I might have to take you up on the invite and come check it out
    I should post some new pics too, I've moved 4 out, brought 4 new ones in and added a Ultimate Arcade after we talked last time.

4 years later
    #7458 7 years ago

It's been a few year since I posted in this thread. Things have definitely changed and gotten tighter in the basement since then!

Welcome to my Pinball Arcade & Game Worn Hockey Collection (No Flames fans allowed)

IMG_8433 (resized).JPGIMG_8433 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8434 (resized).JPGIMG_8434 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8713 (resized).JPGIMG_8713 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8718 (resized).JPGIMG_8718 (resized).JPG

#7459 7 years ago

Now the Edmonton Oilers section. Almost every item is game worn/used and came from the Oilers locker room over the years.

IMG_8719 (resized).JPGIMG_8719 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8715 (resized).JPGIMG_8715 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8716 (resized).JPGIMG_8716 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8717 (resized).JPGIMG_8717 (resized).JPG

#7465 7 years ago
    Quoted from PhilGreg:

Nice! A Slap Shot!
    I'd like to add an Ice Fever to the collection eventually.
    Wow, the Oilers stuff is crazy too. Were you involved with the team in any way or just a huge fan?

Yeah one I found out about Slapshot I had to find one. Me too, Ice Fever would be a good add. Thanks! No, just a fan with a passion to search out cool shit.

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That's impressive! Be honest - have you thought about selling all of that and using the space for more pins?

Haha! I hear you, but no I haven't. But the shooting room was going to be a "Wizards Castle" Arcade full of pins before it turned into the shooting room/penalty box.... I'm sure one day it'll be converted to hold more pins once the kids get older...

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Not the penalty box! That's a keeper.

Quoted from Spider3582:

I remember the Oilers of the 80s . One of the greatest teams ever . I'm a Flyers fan and they did take the Oilers to 7 games I believe it was Hextalls rookie year and lost another year to the Oilers. Do you have anything from cement head. The goons where always my favorite players. Dave Brown was on Edmonton for awhile

Those Phi vs Edm series are my favorite hockey memories as a kid in the 80's!
    No Semenko stuff yet, but I hope to add some someday.

#7471 7 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Nice, Cam! Never seen anyone with there own penalty box. That would be great for misbehaving kids lol.

Thank you! Haha, yes it's true.
    Yeah it's a nice touch, a little over the top but fun and functionable! I always say if you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong

Next up: full size rink with boards and glass in the backyard! Our 33'x50' is too small for the kids now.

Quoted from PhilGreg:

Are you the one who posted about looking for one on the Canadian forums this winter?

Yes I did post a wanted thread on maaca sometime last winter. I ended up finding one in BC and had it shipped.

#7473 7 years ago
    Quoted from PhilGreg:

Nice! I got the one from the Ontario guy who was looking for a trade. How about that topper, does that look stock? What does it do? Light up each time you score?

So it was you that scooped it from me! It actually worked out better that that one got away from me....
    No it's just a goal light that lights up from a button. It just looked good up there. However the original brochure for Slap Shot shows a goal light topper that I assume was functional....

#7477 7 years ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

awesome awesome room. I dig the penalty box and the oilers stuff, sad to hear they traded hall this year. I finally found a open ice and still in the hunt for a dedicated gretzky machine.
    reminds me of a buddys mansion I grew up with, he had a little roller rink setup in his basement you could play 2 on 2 in. great great room buddy! thumbs up!

Thank you! Yeah I'm going to miss Hall, but our D should be much better this year... I hope.

Quoted from PhilGreg:

nothing personal, I had my eye on that one too ever since I saw it at the NW expo a few years back. I had to trade a DMD for it (plus got some cash back). It's hard to put a value on the Slap Shot since it's so rare, but I figure it's pretty unique and given the small footprint, fun gameplay and how cool the theme is it was worth it.
    Glad it worked out for you too!

Haha, no worries. Like I said it worked out better that I found this one much closer to home. You traded Fishtales for it right? I agree about the value as there is never any for sale, or even sold ads to go off of for value.
    Exactly! I used to think why is there so many baseball pitch n bats and never a hockey themed one..... then I stumbled on a Slap Shot and had to find one!

#7481 7 years ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

amazingly there are two slap shots on ebay haha

If they are the ones I saw when I was looking, they have been on for many months. $2999 was the price when I was looking and at the they will still be there next year.
    I'm too lazy to search eBay right now to see if I'm right...

1 year later
    #9802 6 years ago
    Quoted from dawgs:

I share the basement with my kids. Their space keeps getting smaller and smaller!

Keep at it and you'll eventually take it all over! I did the same thing over the years and now have the entire basement jammed with 25 pins and arcades

#9852 6 years ago

This thread is full of awesomeness every time I come in!
    I haven’t posted for a couple years, so here’s my hockey themed pinball arcade in its current state.
    The penalty box gate is the entrance to the shooting room for the boys to fire pucks inside.
    And the bench in front of the pins is for getting dressed to go skate on the backyard rink (in the last pic) it’s the only pic without a pin in it

58CE9946-5FE2-45A5-86BC-B42A8FE33CA4 (resized).jpeg58CE9946-5FE2-45A5-86BC-B42A8FE33CA4 (resized).jpeg
    4F4C73A4-B707-43FC-8A62-AB4A1E89ACD1 (resized).jpeg4F4C73A4-B707-43FC-8A62-AB4A1E89ACD1 (resized).jpeg
    2B455784-6893-45C2-B50B-E2C8705BD7CC (resized).jpeg2B455784-6893-45C2-B50B-E2C8705BD7CC (resized).jpeg
    137E3DB2-A694-4D62-9D76-73A566765073 (resized).jpeg137E3DB2-A694-4D62-9D76-73A566765073 (resized).jpeg
    BD84D937-3EEE-4903-A05A-5B2D57091C9A (resized).jpegBD84D937-3EEE-4903-A05A-5B2D57091C9A (resized).jpeg
    BB929166-563A-4F5E-9E84-B389E976F965 (resized).jpegBB929166-563A-4F5E-9E84-B389E976F965 (resized).jpeg
    20A4A7F7-21FD-492F-96D4-36736A32F739 (resized).jpeg20A4A7F7-21FD-492F-96D4-36736A32F739 (resized).jpeg
    C51A1662-098E-415B-B884-C70D864E3D83 (resized).jpegC51A1662-098E-415B-B884-C70D864E3D83 (resized).jpeg
    F9707E44-9604-449B-B6F8-5C00A35E6DA7 (resized).jpegF9707E44-9604-449B-B6F8-5C00A35E6DA7 (resized).jpeg
    D312629E-A39D-41CE-B3B7-D58AB6FD35F0 (resized).jpegD312629E-A39D-41CE-B3B7-D58AB6FD35F0 (resized).jpeg
    3CD1EBB1-B462-4232-A72B-EEFE6C5D888A (resized).jpeg3CD1EBB1-B462-4232-A72B-EEFE6C5D888A (resized).jpeg

ED62777E-79FC-4FB3-8C76-41C7D91EC1DE (resized).jpegED62777E-79FC-4FB3-8C76-41C7D91EC1DE (resized).jpeg

#9858 6 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

That’s some of the coolest shit I’ve ever seen! You have your own rink and Zamboni along with a collection of awesome machines. I almost forgot about the penalty box!!!!!!
    Wow, can I make my first Canadian trip to your house to experience the epicnesss? Truly an awesome space well done

Quoted from RumRunner9:

Spectacular.. as always, Cam!

Thanks guys! It’s been many years in the making.

davijc02 anytime!

#9867 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hey Cam, looking good as always. See you took the giant poker table out. Good call. Also the rink and zamboni are over the top Cool! Your kids and their friends must be over all the time?!? The translite collage over the windows is a great idea. Going to steal that one

Thanks Jay! Yes the poker table finally had to go to make more room for pins. Totally, the kids live on the rink for hours and hours everyday! Haha, I figured I would give it a try and see if it looked good...

Quoted from ChrisS:

I didn't know Zamboni made an attachment for the tractor. That is sic.

I knew they made the large version for a full sized tractor since the 70’s, but I had no idea they made the small tractor version for smaller rinks until last year. Then I had to find one!!

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Cam - Your entire setup is epic & absolutely worthy of a double post!! I enjoyed scrolling through those pics twice
    Well done!

Haha thank you!!

Quoted from Buzz:

So awesome! Please adopt me. That is sick you have indoor shooting, a rink, and everything is so cool I almost forgot about all the great pins. I just saw this the other day.

Thanks!! My wife thinks I’m crazy, but I know she secretly loves it.

#9870 6 years ago
    Quoted from Requis:

Spectacular comes to mind Cam, great fun and very cool, love your back yard we historically have done the same...but I just don’t feel like doing it this year as we were only able to skate on the rink twice all winter last year and didn’t want to,through another roll,of poly and work effort for a couple of days on the ice. And so,instead I bring the snow blower to Our lake and clear a rink.
    Quick question on your game roomyour signature says 23 pins but it looks like you have more?
    Thanks for sharing!

Requis Thank you very much.
    Yes the rink is definitely a ton of work, but we use it a ton. Thankfully we’ve been on it for 2 months already this year!
    Nice, having a lake is much less work, lol.
    The pinside collection is up to date, the only pin in the pics that’s not here anymore is Space Jam. Just the Chexx and vids are not listed... There are 25 machines in the basement and 4 in the garage.

#9881 6 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

I totally agree! Fantastic rooms. That penalty box is great.

Thanks. The kids love it, and use it year round to work on their shot, and stick handling.

Quoted from Requis:

Thank You for Sharing! Great space and looks awesome too!
    We just got a new Super Chexx pro...and not the same...I miss the Boo button! lol

You bet, thanks for the kind words! Ha! The boo button is a great feature.

Quoted from hlaj78:

The penalty box is where the kids have to go when they misbehave, right?

Haha. Not yet, but I may have to utilize that in the future as they get older, and I can rig it up to only open from the outside

#9891 6 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

Haven't posted pics in a while so here is my basement. Some screen used costumes, movie props and sports memorabilia.

Wow Ron, it looks unreal down there! A solid mix of cool stuff, well done.
    Very cool. I’m going to have to pm you to find out more about the screen used stuff

Quoted from Micky:

I looked at the pics before reading what you had written. I was thinking that's a nice collection with some great games! Then i saw the hockey room, the Zamboni and the rink and was blown away. That is awesome!
    The kids would love that and no doubt it would get so much use.
    I wish we could do things like that here in Australia!

Haha. Thank you!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cam.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=cam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.