Topic Stats

• 23,818 posts
  • 2,344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 minutes ago by YippieKiYay
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_232536 (resized).jpg
    20240423_230401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bayoubilly70.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7419 7 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

In the garage. This is a pole barn with garage doors for easy loading. No escalara needed.

Nice - what did you use for insulation in the pole barn?

#7422 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

The best way to go is with spray on insulation, that's what my buddy did and it's tight as a drum.

That's what I figured... What about heating the barn? Heated floor? Gas with blower ?

#7425 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

My buddy also has a heated floor installed (hot water) when the shop was build. He loves it especially during our cold MN winters, the heat is totally even...and your feet don't get cold. Just remember that an overhead garage type gas furnace vents the combustion gasses out the flue but it heats the room air so you have to have an opening to the outside to replace the oxygen in the room. A home type furnace uses outside air to heat then blows that into the house but you'd need duct work in the pole barn to distribute that warm air around and cold air returns. If you have the money the heated floor is the way to go.

Thanks for the info ... I have to admit I don't have much knowledge about heated floors but it sounds like a good idea. What actually heats the floor piping - is it attached to an oil or wood furnace ?

#7430 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

My buddy has his hooked up to propane, he has a 500 gallon tank and heats his shop and house with propane, forced air in the house tho. Do you already have a cement floor in your building? If so you would have to put down a sub floor with the piping in that. My buddies is in the cement because he started from the ground up on his build.

If I can manage the funds it will be a ground up building. Its just a piece of land with a lot of trees for now... I can clear the land. After that, its up to other experts. If I'm going to spend the money I don't want to cheap out and make something for all of that trouble that I'm not happy with... I want to do it right.

#7433 7 years ago

Thank for all the good info folks !

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bayoubilly70.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=bayoubilly70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.