Topic Stats

• 23,861 posts
  • 2,345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 minutes ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,121 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DGR06 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1348 (resized).jpg
    DGR05 (resized).jpg
    _1010614 (resized).JPG
    DGR03 (resized).JPG
    DGR04 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6198 (resized).jpeg
    bikes1 (resized).jpg
    adcc8631-0ad1-436f-bac6-b92e38c5e4b1 (resized).jpg
    cde76292-235b-4aeb-93ad-e03a4f86cf0e (resized).jpg
    396724a8-c984-4b78-823c-5182cb817327 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205403289 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205413200 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205452551 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205433432 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205443930 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballderdash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20670 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

...except for the daughter getting kicked by a horse part.

#20696 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I guess this would qualify as a gameroom question: anybody out there have a recommendation for a fußball (foosball) table? How much should I expect to spend? I looked on Amazon and prices were all over the map.

Buy a tornado. Don’t waste time with other brands. Check craigslist for used.

#20709 1 year ago

If I had to do it over again I’d go Super Chexx over a foosball table.

#20713 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoldenBear:

...fear that with a little practice I would likely get better than all of my guests and it would be no fun for me or them to play.

Exactly what happened with me and foosball. Everyone plays half hearted and gets frustrated when I try to play well. Hard to find people with matched skills and interests to have real competition.

#20718 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Stay away from junk Foosball tables they don’t last.
    [quoted image]

Truth. And the bearings are crap so the spin and slide is slow and sticky.

#20731 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballGalore:

Well there's still the next round of MMr hopefully

With the delay of CCr I don’t know when that will be. Any guesses or has anyone heard? Also wondering what people think the price/model they release will be?

2 weeks later
    #20792 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

My gameroom has 2 games which feature a gangster theme: Kasco Untouchable and Bally Old Chicago (alternate cabinet art).
    I need that gangster mannequin! ;>[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Had to find some play through action of that game! Glad it’s online.

4 weeks later
    #20974 1 year ago

Dang dude.

2 weeks later
    #21074 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no it isn't, because the BTTF machine is a pile of dog shit.

That’s why it’s being remade in 2023!

#21076 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if it's made by JJP, it will be a pile of dogshit all over again. Time will repeat itself.

What makes you think JJP would have the license? It was a Data East property. Gary Stern has an autographed BTTF poster in his office. He dressed up as Doc Brown in a promotional ad. I think it’s safe to say Stern is all over it. Maybe with Kapow.

1 week later
    #21179 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtp78:

Great thread
    I am sure it's been said but where you guys buy slot machines ? I would luv to get one for the gameroom. Thx

Here you go! https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/147493

#21221 1 year ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

Any of you guys have a Mrs Pac Man / Galaga anniversary edition in your rooms? The joystick on mine after 3 years is messed up and I have to replace it. I ordered this
    https://www.arcadeshop.com/i/392/joystick-4-way-red-ball.htm
    Was wondering how easy/hard it is to replace? Looks to me just plug and play and 4 screws on the panel in the corners need to be removed to get to it.

Open coin door, three lockdown clips (left, center, right), undo wire connectors from leaf switches, unscrew nuts, remove joystick.

280BE97A-7CD6-4F97-952B-BEAE4F8EBEA2 (resized).jpeg280BE97A-7CD6-4F97-952B-BEAE4F8EBEA2 (resized).jpeg2F80EBA9-1726-4E5F-9E53-EA0999A00DE1 (resized).jpeg2F80EBA9-1726-4E5F-9E53-EA0999A00DE1 (resized).jpeg
    #21223 1 year ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

Awesome thank you!!
    And thanks for the pics, very helpful.

Caught me at the perfect time! Nice to finally pay it forward after all the help I’ve had from pinside.

*Keep color coded wires marked for proper reconnect*

#21264 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

Would love to hear more about what was involved in creating a basement space underneath an existing garage.

Same. I need more storage space. Previous homeowner finished every square inch of the basement and didn’t make a stock room.

2 weeks later
    #21398 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

Here’s my current lineup at home as of 1/23. Someday I’ll redo the basement, after work on the garage gameroom is all done!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dibs on your fish tales and whitewater if you ever feel like selling! Nice collection!!

#21436 1 year ago
    Quoted from I-Closed-Wolskis:

Finally got the meat and potatoes done with my basement bar renovation. Took me a full year for the bar build. Finished the basement renovation a year before that. Next phase is to get stuff up on the walls
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

For being a one hundred trillionaire I figured you’d have more pins! Also love that you’re a cheesehead in Chicago. Go Pack!

#21455 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmuglia:

Updated pictures.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

When am I coming over? What beer do you like?!

#21473 1 year ago
    Quoted from gumnut01:

I say, but if the 2 camellias are still there after the build is that not proof enough? They say nope.

Why would anyone put up with this nonsense and level of authoritarian bs? When bureaucracy supersedes common sense and autonomy (over private property) to such levels it needs to be put in check. Your government is really getting too far into the weeds... Pun intended.

#21506 1 year ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Since we’re talking drummers

Start ‘em young! Santa brought it this year.

38793E91-44B0-4AAF-9698-44AEEC8EEE37 (resized).jpeg38793E91-44B0-4AAF-9698-44AEEC8EEE37 (resized).jpeg94D61DF8-85B5-4F83-867A-C94B98400F7D (resized).jpeg94D61DF8-85B5-4F83-867A-C94B98400F7D (resized).jpeg
    #21515 1 year ago

Relax.

#21537 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoldenBear:

You mean the Packer rug. Can’t have too many Packer fans

You’re absolutely right! Took the boys to a preseason game this year. Go Pack!

F15E3268-8803-4110-9E7F-022747BD35CB (resized).jpegF15E3268-8803-4110-9E7F-022747BD35CB (resized).jpeg
    #21538 1 year ago

And just so Goldrich doesn’t get whiny about too much football talk as well... My Packer rug AND the drum set is IN the gameroom! So the jokes on him. It’s all pertinent.

7EB5E65C-FD40-4A1F-BA1E-0B4DDD425597 (resized).jpeg7EB5E65C-FD40-4A1F-BA1E-0B4DDD425597 (resized).jpeg
    #21540 1 year ago

I have learned more about other people and subjects tangential to pinball when pinsiders are allowed to let their knowledge about their other passions out. If I don’t care much or take interest in what they’re discussing I simply keep swiping. People are fairly good at self moderation if you let them and I don’t think it’s necessary for anyone to be the thought police of other adults. I enjoy tolerating everyone’s interests, not just my own.

#21541 1 year ago

For instance now I know GoldenBear is a Packer fan from California and he must have some interest in Scouts or Pinewood Derby bc I took a closer look at his profile pic. Spinners Goldenbear? On a derby car? Lol. So the cool thing is that bc he brought up football in this gameroom thread, I now know he and I have two things in common beyond pinball and maybe we make a friendship over them.

#21547 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoldenBear:

My current gameroom, Packer collectibles and all. Pinewood derby car is a car I made with my son or daughter at the time I made account…I thought it represented the toys we all talk about and was there at the time

I love your space! Mine is a mess otherwise I’d take more pics. Next time I have everything turned on I’ll post. Tell me more about the ball bowler. I fell in love with them at an old dive bar my father took me to and owning one is on my nostalgia bucket list. *Also what was your solution for the ambient ceiling lighting? What product and is there a track around the wall to hide it?

#21550 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoldenBear:

I placed black lights into the overhead Can lights, so that the black light carpet always has a glow.

Now I understand the purple hue mixed with the red LEDs.

Quoted from GoldenBear:

Big ball bowler is a favorite amongst almost all visitors. It is rare that a pinball enthusiast comes over so everybody can get involved on that game at whatever skill level. Don’t get me wrong. I’m still a little better than the average person but it’s pretty easy for beginners. If you have the room, I highly recommend one in your game room.

Precisely why I added the shuffleboard and SuperChexx. However, in hindsight I wish I had gone with a bowler. Yet they are just so large and unlike the shuffle, pretty much need to back up against a wall. What length is yours? Btw, there’s a guy in Ohio that restores them to original quality but they’re like $10,000 plus. Yours for $1,000 was a steal!

1 week later
    #21596 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Sorry we kept you out of the playoffs this year...sorry, not sorry LOL

Typical Lions. Nothing to gain by winning, instead they lose a spot in the draft to make a statement. Heck, until the Seahawks ruled you out, I would’ve celebrated a Lions win and cheered them on in the playoffs once they beat the Packers. But now it’s a lose/lose... idk. My Sundays freed up afterwards so that was a bonus!

#21663 1 year ago

Remember that time we talked about drummers?

#21676 1 year ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

Ok, so currently getting the old storage room finished. Here’s some pics but the question I’d like to pose is regarding the placement of the recess lights.
    I’ve seen pics in this thread where there is one row of lights behind the pins and that’s what I told my contractor (where the row would be the blue line in the one pic). I don’t think the message conveyed to the electrician who did the work today including placing the recess lights where instead of one line there are two sets of two. One light is about 30 inches from the wall, which means it would be right above 2 potential pins.
    I have been going back and forth debating if this is a pinball dedicated room vs a more multi purpose room where I can switch between housing pins and have it be a lounge or even a small theater room so I don’t mind the current placement.
    Assuming I keep the light placement as-is, would anti glare glass solve my problem if I play with the lights on? I’ve only recently started playing with them off (and just created a poll out of curiosity to which is more common) but have previously played with the lights on.
    I do plan to speak with my contractor as maybe there can be a different switch to control the lights closer to the wall separately to keep those off and the ones behind the pins (in the middle of the room) on.

More importantly, get the pins on their own circuit for mains power. Have a bank of outlets wired to your breaker for the machines separate from anything else.

2 months later
    #21885 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Nice. Post one with them all turned on.

Walter Peck: "May I see this storage facility?"
    Peter Venkman: "No."
    Walter Peck: "And why not, Mr. Venkman?"
    Peter Venkman: "Because you didn’t use the magic word."
    Walter Peck: "And what is the magic word, Mr. Venkman?"
    Peter Venkman: "…Please!"

BEB6BC10-C6F1-49D0-A2AA-39645A74EEDD.gifBEB6BC10-C6F1-49D0-A2AA-39645A74EEDD.gif
    3 weeks later
    #22001 11 months ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

thank you!
    I created the poster. Each of the images were sourced from the US patent database, cleaned up digitally, and annotated with sources. I'm considering selling prints.

Put me on the short list please.

#22063 11 months ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

I accept that there are different opinions and that's fine. We don't all have to think alike.

Someone just sent me this. Perfect timing.

4A22D397-44FF-4C96-B704-2B0FF602264B (resized).jpeg4A22D397-44FF-4C96-B704-2B0FF602264B (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #22326 10 months ago
    Quoted from I-Closed-Wolskis:

Finished the bar display in my basement
    [quoted image]

Buzz? Your girlfriend... WOOF!
    -
    Lol. Bar looks great!

E83FC8C7-09FE-4C26-A1C1-70E0CEF39A0D (resized).jpegE83FC8C7-09FE-4C26-A1C1-70E0CEF39A0D (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #22417 9 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Gamerooms hey?

Three hockey related posts and you get anxious? I love these off shoot conversations when people in our hobby realize they have more in common besides pinball. I’ve learned stuff I wouldn’t otherwise known too. Anyway, I think their banter was winding down but thanks punkin for derailing us further.

1 week later
    #22453 9 months ago
    Quoted from mark532011:

Its not as fancy as most of these, but I do have a big plus. Mine is in the family room!
    [quoted image]

That Cyclone looks amazing. Love that game!

#22457 9 months ago
    Quoted from mark532011:

Thanks! I just finished a restore on it- replacement ramp ends and plastics, repaired playfield and custom 3d-printed interactive topper. Its so much fun to play...."Hey you, with the face!"

Tell me more about this topper pls.

#22481 9 months ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

the latest amazon/google spyware.

So true. Now look for the name of the silicon chip that google uses and cross reference that with their web browser name. “Wake up Neo, the Matrix has you. Follow the white rabbit.”

1 month later
    #22736 7 months ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Got a contractor coming out this week to talk about constructing a gameroom. When you constructed your room was there anything that you wished you had done before it was completed?

How are you getting pins in and out? Oversized doors. Eliminate stairs. Easy access walk-out. Also consider what furniture etc will go in front of your pins and space it far enough away so that you can pull out the glass. I ran my full length shuffleboard across my basement before collecting pins. Then I had to hire help just to relocate it 6 inches further back when I noticed I couldn’t service the machines.

1 week later
    #22803 7 months ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

Is Coax cable even a thing these days?

Wouldn’t hurt to run coax to a location where you can connect an over the air antenna. If internet goes down and you need to get local news/weather/alerts etc. having a broadcast receiver is critical. https://www.amazon.com/s

#22804 7 months ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

What lines should I definitely run to this tv?

You will need an HDMI cable that supports ARC (audio return channel) in addition to being high speed 4K/8k HDR (Dolby Vision) compliant if you are going to connect an A/V receiver to it.

1 month later
    #22930 5 months ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Is that Iron Maiden banner official? I’ve never seen one like that before.

Officially bootlegged. Stealing Stern’s IP.

1 week later
    #23009 5 months ago

Wait, I get this reference!

2 weeks later
    #23112 4 months ago
    Quoted from Medic:

Just got Yoda for the game room but not sure how I can make him better. It would be cool if I could make his light saber light up somehow, but I don’t want to damage him too much and don’t want to see individual led lights. I thought about putting mini spotlights behind the light saber or have it shine on him? Is there another forum where I can ask these questions? Thanks
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Some thick EL wire would work. Also there are separate acrylic diffusers that can go over led strips to smooth out the dots of light. However, there is a type of “neon” LED rope light that achieves this effect out of the box (but note the shape of the strand is somewhat keyhole instead of round).

https://www.extremeglow.com/thick-wire-6-5-foot-el-kit.aspx

https://www.amazon.com/Lamomo-Flexible-Waterproof-Silicone-Decoration/dp/B08SJCFFFS/ref=mp_s_a_1_12

#23115 4 months ago
    Quoted from Medic:

Just got Yoda for the game room but not sure how I can make him better. It would be cool if I could make his light saber light up somehow, but I don’t want to damage him too much and don’t want to see individual led lights. I thought about putting mini spotlights behind the light saber or have it shine on him? Is there another forum where I can ask these questions? Thanks

Alternatively you could go for a duelling saber replica or a cheaper toy option that’s ready to go. https://www.damiensaber.com/products/damiensaber-lightsaber-jedi-master-yoda-green-lightsaber-force-fx-dueling-saber-short-hilt-18cm-no069

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Yoda-Electronic-Lightsaber-Detatchable-Blade/839015094

1 week later
    #23130 4 months ago
    Quoted from jrcmlc:

Great pics lol

Basement full of games... $60,000
    Motorola flip phone... $40

Posting your blurry collection photos on pinside... PRICELESS

1 week later
    #23213 4 months ago
    Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

It's against city ordinance in my area to discharge sump pump water into the sewage system. I'm sure many people still do it though.

Couldn’t help but think of this. Enjoy everyone. Merry Christmas!

#23224 4 months ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

All in all it could have been worse.

A lot of what helps is your positive attitude. I’m impressed with how well you’re handling it.

#23246 4 months ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Reminds me a little of the ending to Stand By Me and what the author writes to finish his book with.

Thanks for sharing this. Just seeing the ending again gave me the feels. I watched the crap out of the VHS as a kid. Probably worth another viewing as an adult to take away new meaning.

1 week later
    #23378 3 months ago
    Quoted from Cyclehoarder:

I like them chairs!
    [quoted image]

That rug really ties the room together.

1 week later
    #23454 3 months ago
    Quoted from jrcmlc:

These were in it when I bought the building and they are in my opinion too white..... possibly to be dealt with at a later time

Not sure if helpful or not but the above conversation led me to rabbit hole to this link. Maybe file it away for later. My favorite LED lights btw are the GE reveal HD+ usually around 2800k not to yellow not to bright white/blue. https://insights.regencysupply.com/led-replacement-for-t12s-pros-and-cons-explored

#23461 3 months ago
    Quoted from PinballGalore:

You’ll see the goldmember poster in the background. My favorite trilogy of all time.
    Opened the monster bash in the living room for now. Kid’s 3.5 and playing it daily after kindergarten. Here with his grandfather who flew in for a visit, yesterday afternoon.
    [quoted image]

Is your dad Eric Clapton?

#23467 3 months ago
    DB9DD198-C880-4994-8769-D144538A7480.gifDB9DD198-C880-4994-8769-D144538A7480.gif
    1 week later
    #23507 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

The one thing I didn’t have space for was a small bathroom… with the house being only 100’ away, it’s not a huge issue. But still would have been nice.

A urinal and a curtain is all you need.

1 week later
    1 month later
    #23716 29 days ago
    Quoted from toaster777:

Laundry room was in the basement. Got it moved to the main floor to make room for pins. Thought this will be more than enough space. Now I've filled it and trying to figure out where I can put more LOL

That cabinetry to the right seems non-permanent.

#23757 25 days ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Ready to have people over tonight. Jukebox decided I needed to hear Breaking Benjamin. If anyone is near Quakertown PA hit me up!

Chris

Glad to see things back in good shape after the water you had.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballderdash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=ballderdash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.