Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bakerhillpins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19478 2 years ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

Gameroom construction. Anyone care to offer suggestions on how to save this disaster before I have it all ripped out? This is not how you box in duct work. Disgusted.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

In that 1st pic it appears that the framing job is going to result in that electrical junction box/service panel being sealed in the wall. IIRC NEC doesn't allow that so you might want to have something done there as well.

#19480 2 years ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

Do you mean the cable tv wires on the gray block of wood? That’s actually a storage area under the steps. There will be a door to get in there. If it’s something else please let me know. In the first picture that wire hanging down is actually the flex water line going upstairs to the ice maker. But I should move that now that I see how it is.
    As for the soffit apparently he plans to do something called scabbing. I’m not familiar with the technique.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #19483 2 years ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

I see it now. There’s actually a drop ceiling going in. Does that make a difference?
    As for the soffit apparently he plans to do something called scabbing. I’m not familiar with the technique.

If you've got junction boxes in the ceiling and you've got a drop ceiling going in then you're good. It's about access.

Quoted from phillyfan64:

Oh ok. That’s an older picture. It’s already been moved but thank you.

NP!

#19592 2 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

thanks! the heat is something I've been struggling with for a few years.

I think ultimately, one more 24,000 BTU mini split system would fix this but we don't have 30amps of power for it since all of our 50 games are maxing out our current electrical system.
    I'm always surprised at how much heat the neon lights create. Many of the power supplies get so hot you can't touch them for long. Also, fluorescent light ballasts get extremely hot. We had ten, 8 foot long, double bulb fluorescent fixtures (80 feet in total, 40 feet on each side of the ceiling) that we had swapped out to LEDs in an effort to keep the room temp down. Each of the 10 fixtures has a brick sized ballast that literally got so hot you could not touch it. Imagine how much heat 10 ultra hot "bricks" put out?! Changing to LEDs eliminated the ballasts which helped a lot.

I can't find the post now but somewhere (Possibly another forum) there was a discussion of the Pinball Hall Of Fame in Vegas (at least I think it was them) swapping over to LEDs in the games and how much of an impact that had on current draw per game and in building cooling. Not sure if you've changed the games over or not but at 50 games it would effect your current load, heat, and wallet probably equally.

1 month later
    #19873 2 years ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

Yup![quoted image]

BMX (Woodward PA?), tube socks, arcades, ahh the memories!

6 months later
    #21019 1 year ago
    Quoted from JeffZee:

I suppose there's always room for one more (would still like to fine a nice Road Kings someday), but maybe I'm done. The space is about as crowded as I'd like to see it and I have about as much to maintain as I'm interested in maintaining. More pictures on my pinball webpage at http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/index.html .

OOH, Champagne edition Fire! NICE!

3 weeks later
    #21181 1 year ago

Personally, stools without backs. At the bar, that's probably a tossup.

1 month later
    #21617 1 year ago
    Quoted from TC-5:

Just installed this super rare beast in our home arcade. Daytona USA 3 Deluxe 4 player

Daum... wish there was a way to upvote +10

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bakerhillpins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=bakerhillpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.