Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1770 10 years ago
    Quoted from ahanson:

For now I have a few games setup in a spare bedroom.

I didn't go back through all 35 pages to check, but yours is the first picture I can remember where all the games are off.

3 weeks later
    #1848 10 years ago

Hope to get my Elvira restore put back together once the clear finishes curing, then I can reclaim my garage from project clutter and paint the wall behind the pins. In the meantime at least one Elvira is up.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1867 10 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

That Shadow backglass is bitching!!! LOL Man it makes that pin POP!

Thanks. Hope to see more of them in gameroom photos after next week.

2 weeks later
    #1905 10 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

Radical AND 720; very cool ... but no Bally Skateball???

He has a f'ing Radical! I think he gets a pass ...

2 months later
    #2159 10 years ago

My garage. Going to move the Star Wars cab and MAME cab to opposite wall, put a couple more pins in. Get some modern Sterns to balance out collection.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2162 10 years ago
    Quoted from domijr:

Sweet, nice setup Aurich. I'd like to get a MAME someday.

I find them more fun to build than play to be honest, I don't have as much patience for arcade games anymore I guess. This one is really nice, vertical CRT arcade monitor, lot of high end parts, custom paint and decals etc, which is why I keep it. Just don't have the heart to let it go, but I almost never play it.

#2173 10 years ago

Nice fuko. I love seeing my Shadow translite in big lineups, you have it between a couple great ones.

#2183 10 years ago
    Quoted from fuko:

I applaud your work. I didn't want a Shadow until I saw your translite, and now that I have one I love it.

This is my favorite compliment ever, because it means people are enjoying a game that I love.

2 weeks later
    #2197 10 years ago

Girls gotta sell cookies so I can play my pins!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2207 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyd044:

I'm going to go with a bright red behind the pins

Good call!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2211 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

The premium does not look that bad
    Nice addition to the line up

The Premium is awesome, super pleased with it, the powdercoat is really nice. Candy red metallic flake, it doesn't photograph well. I'll still make a new translite for it, but even stock I like it all. Of course the game is fun too!

#2242 10 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

Finally got all my machines in my new games room. Need to complete the other end of it with TV, Sterio and other incidentals. But at least all the machines are home and loved.

Nice collection. Swap that Revenge from Mars for a Shadow and I could be very happy with those games.

1 week later
    #2285 10 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

oh and p.s. thanks Aurich for the amazing Helen!!! LOVE IT!!

Looks great in your game room, enjoy.

#2335 10 years ago
    Quoted from ddebuss:

Star Trek, WOZ, Metallica, and AC/DC are on my short lists but so far I've resisted the temptation.

Hanging out around here is definitely not going to help that temptation resistance.

1 month later
    #2499 9 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

took the advise and installed my entrance door today. Looks great with the stones (real ones at that).

Nice! Are the stones a permanent thing? Because if they're keepers I would personally consider painting the white trim inside them a matching grey. Would really change the look for the better IMHO, make it feel integrated. Door looks great, would also be improved by that. Just a thought!

#2505 9 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

I was thinking the same thing re painting the trim grey - I trust your taste too Aurich (Helen is gazing loving at me from my acdc)! The rocks are permanent - waiting for the first tipsy guest to bump into the edge of them. Having Pinny and Pizza night tomorrow, so let the blood flow begin!

A quick and dirty photoshop of what it could look like with grey instead for reference.

door-trim.jpgdoor-trim.jpg

#2516 9 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

Right, holiday in Australia for you then with that airbrush. Come on down!

Sounds awesome, except for that long flight. And I hear you guys have flies the size of small cats, is that true?

If you really wanted to go hardcore (and is there any other way to do it?) you could paint it one shade of grey, then sponge paint a different shade over it, and then use a toothbrush to splatter a couple other tints. Take you an afternoon of playing, and you could get a pretty convincing stone texture out of it. I'm sure there's some Youtube tutorial that has better methods than what I just made up.

Either way, door decal is a lot of fun, nothing like setting the mood before you step into the game room. I'm jealous of these rooms, my pins are in my garage, nowhere in our house to put them. I see people with their 'small' 1200 sq/ft basements and that's the size our whole home! The price of living in CA, no sprawling cheap real estate here. I've got room for 7, can still fit a couple more, so don't want to sound ungrateful, but it's nice being able to stay inside to play instead of popping the garage door and walking out.

I did give up on babying my car, it lives outside now, needed the room for putting pins on another wall.

2 weeks later
    #2651 9 years ago
    Quoted from J_Cutler:

You guy's make me feel bad with my one and only pin. Hopefully soon I can acquire more.

Everyone started somewhere! I see collections all the time that I could be jealous of, but instead I just enjoy getting to see them and stay happy with what I have. The good ones were acquired over years, not overnight.

#2684 9 years ago
    Quoted from n0s4atu:

Maybe when the new movie comes out I'll put them on eBay as a lot with an opening bid of a dollar and see what happens. lol

Those are worth quite a bit more than a dollar my friend. Not trying to blow them up into some pawnshop reality show treasure trove, but carded figures from that era, especially with the cards looking as clean as that, will command a decent price. Depending on the rarity and demand maybe $50-$250 each. Enough that if you're gonna get rid of them it's worth doing some minimal research on pricing first. Could be a decent little pin downpayment fund.

Generally speaking the "unpunched" cards are worth more too, so don't pop those out if you can.

#2697 9 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

Took the advice - thanks. Much better.

Awesome, definitely a big improvement, nice work.

#2729 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sidekick74:

MY LOVELY GARAGE

Now that is an eclectic lineup of pins!

#2749 9 years ago
    Quoted from Meph:

I realized once I got it in here today that if I move the bartop and the dart machine I have room for another 2 pins

This is how the sickness begins FYI.

#2765 9 years ago

Finally got off my ass and mounted my swap box last night. RF unit failed for some reason, need to wire in a new one, so the remote is broken and I have to hand plug / unplug temporarily, but not a huge deal.

image-360.jpgimage-360.jpg

#2769 9 years ago
    Quoted from blimpey:

I just saw your post here. 1st one I have had fail.
    I will mail you out a new R/F module and remote today. Your Helen translite looks great!

Oh hey thanks, I was just gonna order one, but if you're taking care of it then gold star for your customer service. I dunno what happened, it just stopped working. Remote lights up when you press the button, assume it's still fine. Friend and I pulled the control module and stripped the shrink tubing and tried to reflow solder etc, figuring why not, but no dice. Anyways, not your fault, these things happen.

Just one more reason to recommend people buy Swap Boxes, great product, and as you can see, great support!

#2775 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Gee...where did ya get that HOT tl for the box, it looks GREAT. It's almost like she's looking for the game.

Problem is I've got this angry guy in an electric chair on my desk giving me the bloodshot stare looking for his game.

3 months later
    #3036 9 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Thanks. I've had an addiction to hi-fi since about 1968.

Best use of the icon yet!

1 month later
    #3182 9 years ago
    Quoted from Memphis777:

Just got back into the hobby this past year, talk about sticker shock! I remember when I bought LOTR NIB for 3800! Most of the prices for pins I had in my collection years ago have gone through the roof.
    Anyway, this is where I'm at now

Shadow, Dredd, AC/DC, that's a pretty sweet 3 game lineup. All pretty good games for getting your adrenaline running!

#3187 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Gettin full there buddy.

Heh, I basically only have room for one more in there. Abra Ca Dabra is in the house in my office, might be able to fit another wedgehead next to it. That's gonna pretty much cap me at 9. And I'm okay with that, more than that starts becoming hard to maintain.

#3205 9 years ago

swampfire, I was looking at your wall of framed prints and thinking "man, he should pick up that framed Fathom piece from Pinball Life, it would fit perfectly" and then I grinned when I scrolled down and saw that you had the real thing covered.

I wish I could find a Fathom in SoCal!

3 months later
    #3627 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rickwh:

There is a closet with bifold doors on the right of TSPP and as it is you really cant get in there to access the closet very well.

I give it 3 months tops before you're rejiggering that closet to just be open shelves and take the doors off so you can fit 4 games.

3 weeks later
    #3812 9 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

5 decades of pins. Don't see that too often.

I have 4, 70/80/90/10, missing a 00 pin I guess.

#3835 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What would you guys say the percentage of pinball enthusiasts that have their garage as a gameroom? I love the "at all costs" ways people use to really stretch the space in their houses to accommodate this amazing hobby.

Put me in the CA using my garage club. Real estate is expensive here, some of you people in cheaper states would cry if you knew what I paid for my 1200 sq ft house.

7 in the garage, two inside in my home office (the EMs).

#3846 9 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

I need to take a newer photo with Aurich's translite.

Yes you do, look at that pathetic thing.

1 month later
    #4143 8 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

1934 Rockola World's Series

The only thing keeping you from being a complete Stern whore now that TZ is out!

1 week later
    #4202 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballdork:

We are moving and I’m looking for suggestions to my new office.

Personally I don't care for any setup where you can't get the glass off of a game.

2 weeks later
    #4316 8 years ago

My space is pretty modest by the standards of some of these gorgeous dedicated gamerooms, just a garage, but I enjoy it very much, no complaints.

My EMs are inside the house in my home office.

lineup-left.jpglineup-left.jpg
    lineup-right.jpglineup-right.jpg
    lineup-pano.jpglineup-pano.jpg

#4318 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

1) Put some pics of you HO!
    2) How you are able to actually work with that sort of tempation right in front of you?

It's an embarrassingly messy right now. So old photos, but desk on the left, pins on the right.

B7KZP8ECYAAXrse.jpg-large.jpegB7KZP8ECYAAXrse.jpg-large.jpeg
    B5uwXl2CQAAyQdu.jpg-large.jpegB5uwXl2CQAAyQdu.jpg-large.jpeg

#4325 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

THAT'S a mess....yeah right.

That's why they're old photos from when it was clean, instead of new ones from today when it's a disaster!

#4354 8 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

Updated pics of my joint.

My wife and I want to know the story of the stairs to nowhere!

#4364 8 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I thought the same at first, but check on the left side of the head - actual stairs.

Ha! We totally missed that.

4 weeks later
    #4537 8 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

My biggest automation disappointment is that I couldn't get remote, automated control of selecting or rejecting records on the jukebox to work (i.e. Turn on the jukebox and play G3) so you still have to press buttons.

Wow, I thought your setup was pretty awesome until I read that. You have to press some buttons? Utterly ruined!!

Killer space man, very creative, really works. You went über nerdy, but in a really tasteful and well planned way.

1 month later
    #4960 8 years ago
    Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

I'd love to own a Jack Bot. Then I believe I'd have every game that Pinbot was in one way or another.

Gotta get the BOP 2.0 kit first ...

5 years later
    #17718 2 years ago

One of my 'pandemic crazy' projects was building a driving sim, still trying to figure out how to rearrange some of the stuff it displaced. The corner with the Neo Geo cab and dual monitors is definitely a work in progress.

IMG_2864 (resized).JPGIMG_2864 (resized).JPGIMG_2894 (resized).jpgIMG_2894 (resized).jpgIMG_2898 (resized).jpgIMG_2898 (resized).jpgIMG_2770 (resized).jpgIMG_2770 (resized).jpg

#17736 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

You need to get aurich's alternate shadow translite

It's actually funny to me to see the original now, I'm so used to mine not only on my machine but basically every other one I ever see in person at this point. Nothing wrong with it if you prefer staying original though.

Not trying to advertise in this thread, but I'm organizing a run right now, and once it's over I never know when/if I'll do another. So if you'll pardon the self promotion this is what it looks like aFineMoose since you're newer to Pinside and maybe not familiar. No biggie if you prefer Baldwin.

Translite-Plus-Speakers (resized).jpgTranslite-Plus-Speakers (resized).jpg

#17738 2 years ago

I really don't have a problem with Baldwin himself, I just thought that The Shadow game should feature ... The Shadow. Not a guy in a tux. I made the translite for myself and thought maybe 10 other people might like one.

1 year later
    #21364 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bohm:

I want to play NBA Jam, Street Fighter, MK, Gauntlet... etc without a bunch of lag or choppiness

No off the shelf multi box will give you those games with good performance, don't waste your time. It's just the reality of things.

MiSTer is getting there, but it doesn't support all those games right now.

#21367 1 year ago

Pandora's box is utter shit is my honest answer. I have nothing good to say about it, every aspect of it is trash. Poorly made Chinese bootleg nonsense.

That said, if you aren't particularly picky about things like input lag, accuracy, and bugs and you just want a big list of games to scroll through why not.

MiSTer is absolutely not plug and play. It's early adopter land for people who don't mind working and researching to have the best experience, which will still have issues here and there. But if you want games without lag it's hard to beat, short of just working in the realm of real PCBs. I run it with an Jamma adapter in real cabs. Works great once set up.

The real answer is there's no magic box of lots of games that works amazing and easily and has every title you want.

My real advice is this: stop worry about quantity and just get a game or two you enjoy. Multigames are primarily a waste of time in my experience, which very few people actually use to any great extent. 3000 games you don't care about is easily trumped by a single title you really like and want to fire up or share with people.

#21387 1 year ago
    Quoted from aamauzy:

There's only one day a year where everything in the game room is assembled and working - New Years Eve!

I might be the only person here to say this, but nice Jaleco Pony Mark IV.

#21389 1 year ago
    Quoted from aamauzy:

Thanks! It's a shame it was made out of that same plastic that Super Nintendo consoles seemed to be made of - it has gotten SUPER brittle over the years, to the point where most of the screw mounts for the control panel and the big hinged monitor plastic have shattered. The whole thing is basically just piled together neatly, and I'm doubting it will survive a potential house move this year. It's nearly impossible to open it up without something else chipping off or breaking. I'll try, though!

Yeah, it's a shame. The Sega cabs went to fiberglass after they retired the metal ones, they're still holding up great.

#21394 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Some updated pics of the cave for 2023...

I want to know more about that Creepshow looking window display!

#21399 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hey Aurich!
    I'm still loving your Star Trek art package!!

Glad to hear it!

Thanks for the breakdown, what a fun project. Great vibe.

1 week later
    #21463 1 year ago

That owl looks great. Makes me wonder how you could turn it into a full width topper with animated lighting making rays come out from behind it.

Owl (resized).pngOwl (resized).png

#21465 1 year ago

Be totally doable, I can already see a few different approaches to it. Not something I have time to rabbit hole right now, just couldn't resist quickly mocking it up. I always like it when toppers fill the horizontal space on the backbox more.

But the owl looks great as is, and you lit it really well.

1 week later
    #21514 1 year ago

Could the drummer talk please be taken to a new thread? This is the game room discussion, and it’s a great thing to have without the lengthy off topic chatter.

I’m sure it would be a lovely solo topic for those who have strong feelings about those musicians and bands.

I’ve sold most of my pins, my garage is mostly my laser cutter, my CNC, and my candy cab collection, but I’m starting to feel the itch to maybe go back up to 4 pins.

2BD7C056-6CFA-49CE-8F73-D51965B52A1F (resized).jpeg2BD7C056-6CFA-49CE-8F73-D51965B52A1F (resized).jpeg

5BE2E682-5F12-4E7D-B945-61939147B374 (resized).jpeg5BE2E682-5F12-4E7D-B945-61939147B374 (resized).jpeg

51109F7A-9059-45C6-85F5-BFE6CAE26419 (resized).jpeg51109F7A-9059-45C6-85F5-BFE6CAE26419 (resized).jpeg

#21521 1 year ago

All custom LED work I did, it's pretty convincingly neon-like, but not the real thing.

Quoted from twinmice:

Nice Tron! Miss that game!

Thanks for selling it to me! The playfield inserts are lifting unfortunately, but that just means I've got Ron Kruzman clearing me a NOS playfield, so it's going to be ridiculous glass after I swap it.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Is that bowl of ramen noodles neon sign right of the pins?

Yeah, it's an animated ramen bowl sign I made as a replica of a sign you see in the background of an episode of Loki. You can see how it animates in the video in this tweet:

https://twitter.com/aurich/status/1419796609332748288?s=20&t=gmRCV9tMGymFS-6gI8R5MQ

#21522 1 year ago
    Quoted from superNoid:

Are those last 2 cabs real Viewlix cabs or chewlix clones? Where did you source and how do you like them?

Yes, those are real Vewlix Blue Diamonds. I imported them myself, sorta, piggy-backed on a container a friend was bringing over, he let me just pay for my space on it.

Chewlixes have their place, but I prefer authentic cabs. I don't mind a little wear and tear on used games, I'm running an arcade not a museum.

Keep in mind these are older cabs, they're relatively low rez (720p). I may upgrade the monitors to high refresh 1440p before Street Fighter 6 comes out. There are brackets out there, or I can fabricate my own. Just drop a standard 32" gaming monitor in.

If you have more questions about how to source them etc feel free to message me, don't want to drag the thread too off topic unless other people find the info useful.

#21527 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

The framed Silver Bullet backglass is sweet. I was bidding on one years ago at a Yegpin silent auction.

I think it was an edition of 25 if I'm remembering right, I bought it direct from Brian in 2015.

#21531 1 year ago
    Quoted from superNoid:

How do you run yours for games? Do you run PCs within and emulate and then link the cabs together?

All modern arcade titles (say Street Fighter 4 on for instance) are PC based now. So for the Vewlixes I just run a PC with Steam. Being authentic is pointless in my mind, the home ports are all better than the arcade versions. And yes, like the Astro Cities they’re linked. Sharing a control panel sucks.

For the CRT cabs I run PCBs. I have a MiSTercade, and that’s pretty great if you have a solid core, but PC emulation just not good enough. When we’re playing games like Third Strike I’m not willing to give up any accuracy or input delay.

#21539 1 year ago

It was a polite request, no need to act so hurt about it.

#21581 1 year ago
    Quoted from La4s:

Love the Candy cabs. Makes me regret selling my Super Neo 29.

Sitting at a stool to play is just so civilized.

1 week later
    #21660 1 year ago
    Quoted from Micky:

There are plenty here in Australia.

I heard Australia is a whole continent.

#21677 1 year ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

Assuming I keep the light placement as-is, would anti glare glass solve my problem if I play with the lights on? I’ve only recently started playing with them off (and just created a poll out of curiosity to which is more common) but have previously played with the lights on.

Just tell them to fix it.

They messed up, show them what it's supposed to be like and have them redo it. That's how construction works, you don't have to just sit there and take something they did.

1 week later
    #21714 1 year ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Had the games on and some friends over last night, figured I’d update the pictures while I was at it.

I like this shot!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.