Topic Stats

• 23,818 posts
  • 2,344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by YippieKiYay
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_232536 (resized).jpg
    20240423_230401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aingide.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#478 12 years ago

The room is small, but it'd fit at least 2 more pins on the other side. I might paint the walls a dark gray to make the lighting pop more...I'm sort of lucky in that since it's so small the machines and lighting are enough decoration to make it look pretty finished!

all-small.pngall-small.png

1 year later
    #1598 10 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Here's the current state of my setup. May not all be mine, but they are all in my basement

That looks great. How do the wall-mounted track lights work for you? Designing my room now and am working through the lighting.

5 months later
    #2108 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Be prepared to get A LOT of them. My room is about 600sf and I have 12-15 watt (60 watt eq screw in bulbs which lights up the room nice when 10 of my games are on. But the bl has a hard time reaching under the games and it looked wanting so I put a 22in. bl tube light under each and now it looks like the games are "floating" on the bl carpet. It really looks cool. So that's a total of 22 bl bulbs at 15 watts each = 330 watts of bl for a 600 or so sq. ft. room without peoples teeth glowing. If you have a tall ceiling you would need half again that many. Don't even think about the regular incandecent bl bulbs, they generate way to much heat and, I think, don't give off very much bl and they use 60 watts of electricity.

Do you have any photos of this setup? I'm planning out my 400ish sq/ft. game room and am thinking about black lights, but having a hard time with it...I'm getting track lighting and LED strip lighting around the perimeter on the walls, but don't know how many black light fixtures I'd need to make it worthwhile. If I need tons of bulbs in order to get the effect looking decent, then I'll scrap black lighting altogether.

5 months later
    #2863 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Here's a shot of the blacklight carpet runner, I mounted blacklights under each cabinet to light it up

That looks great. What fixtures are those? Where did you get the runner?

1 week later
    #2892 9 years ago

Here are the first shots of our new game room.

Still a lot left to do, but we were going for a showroom look and so far it's turning out great! Now we just need to move in the A pins.

IMG_20140719_101104.jpgIMG_20140719_101104.jpg IMG_20140719_101025.jpgIMG_20140719_101025.jpg
    #2895 9 years ago

The space is about 18' x 20', so enough room for about 13 games.

The lighting around the room are multi-color LED strips. I stole the lowered crown molding idea from someone here on Pinside.

It's great, because switching from blue to orange, white, violet, etc. completely changes the feel of the room. I also have track lights running down the center and can individually point them at games that have darker playfields.

9 months later
    #4105 8 years ago

Here’s our game room! I really wanted it to feel like a showroom when you walk in…we’ve got the track lights down the middle which provides very dramatic lighting as well as eliminates glare on playfield glass. We also have RGB LEDs around the walls behind crown moulding for ambience.

When all of the games are on we turn the track lights off and let the RGB LEDs light up the place. We also have in-ceiling speakers around the room, which are great for pumping out 80s tunes or modern stuff, depending on the age of the visitors.

The room is about 20x20 feet with a maximum of 13 games plus our custom Mass Effect arcade cabinet.

We also opted for the memory foam carpet padding to make standing around for hours as comfortable as possible. Not pictured is the mini bar with beverage fridge and a tasty selection of bourbons and whiskeys.

Overall I would definitely recommend the RGB crown moulding lighting, dark walls with a white ceiling, adjustable track lighting down the center, and in-ceiling speakers for distributed music.

1.jpg1.jpg
    2.jpg2.jpg
    3.jpg3.jpg
    4.jpg4.jpg
    5.jpg5.jpg
    6.jpg6.jpg
    7.jpg7.jpg

1 week later
    #4132 8 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Awesome room!! I will be doing the crown moulding as well, how far down from the ceiling is it. Ceiling to where the lights sit?

Thanks! It's about a foot below the ceiling (a few inches above the top of the pins)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aingide.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=aingide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.