Topic Stats

• 23,814 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Viggin900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13090 5 years ago

For the arcade I took inspiration from the ps3 Pinball Hall of Fame game. I'm relegated to just part of the basement so I got creative to satisfy my needs. I created marque boxes for arcade games I wish there was room for. The Backglass to Space Invaders and Haunted House are my favorites so I used an old infinty mirror for the same look as SI and made a lightbox and printed a transom for HH (looks better than whats pictured). Made my own TouchTunes as well by creating a bezel in front of a light strip and mounting an ipad with jukester installed. The amp is behind the wall. My collection of pins except Hurricane are ones I remember as a kid playing and were innovative. First speech,first multiball, and first toy. I love all games so the rest of the basement I built an English pub/billiard room and a lounge with retro consoles. It took several years but now Im able to relax and enjoy it.

20181213_224821 (resized).jpg20181213_224821 (resized).jpg20181213_224755 (resized).jpg20181213_224755 (resized).jpg20190419_074007 (resized).jpg20190419_074007 (resized).jpg20190419_073808 (resized).jpg20190419_073808 (resized).jpg20190419_074140 (resized).jpg20190419_074140 (resized).jpg20190419_074424 (resized).jpg20190419_074424 (resized).jpg20190419_074527 (resized).jpg20190419_074527 (resized).jpg20190419_074713 (resized).jpg20190419_074713 (resized).jpg
    #13100 5 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Guessing Wonka is your next pin ....

Hahaha!

#13110 5 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I love that bar, would like to see more pics of it.

Sure, I had to fit it under the stairs with a pole but still have plenty of room.The casks pumps are fake, I purchased many things from ebay UK pretty cheap since pubs are dying in EU. Authentic stools are impossible to have imported so I converted some antique ones for the same look.This has been an inspiring thread seeing everyones great work!

20190420_110131 (resized).jpg20190420_110131 (resized).jpg20190420_101510 (resized).jpg20190420_101510 (resized).jpg20190420_101649 (resized).jpg20190420_101649 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #13156 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

A few snaps of my area of joy and wonderment
    Down stairs and up stairs
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Real custom neon lights! Spectacular.

1 month later
    #13467 4 years ago

A collection like this should be in a museum. Finish off the rest of the basement and charge admition. Superb!

1 month later
    #13629 4 years ago
    Quoted from midcoastsurf:

My game room should help lower the average [quoted image]

Thats how all of ours started out at one point.

1 week later
    #13664 4 years ago

I like the simplicity of this setup. Movie room and a couple games on the side for a break. I wouldn't change a thing.

#13701 4 years ago

I love polynesian bars and black lights. I'm so jealous! If your ever in Chicago hit up 3 Dots and a Dash. Reminds me of your place.

#13712 4 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

I mentioned this to my wife and she said it was actually partially inspired by that place, haha. Also Union KY? Small world we live in.

Same initials for high scores too, weird? We'll have to catch up sometime.

2 weeks later
    #13782 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

We have a new addition to our game room!!![quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, that pin "Really ties the room together"

#13793 4 years ago

I wish I could have done that carpet in my room. I may settle for some rugs?

1 week later
    #13825 4 years ago

I thought a garage arcade would't work until I see you live in california. Must be nice.

1 month later
    #14121 4 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Updated pics, post renovation.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Skittles? You have Skittles? I love it! I recently came across it and thought about making my own. So original. You have all the greats.

4 weeks later
    #14273 4 years ago
    Quoted from Staf:

i had room for 4 pinball's , after blood sweat and tears , room for 12 . [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work. I was in Brugge last fall and love the Smiths. You need to talk the guy of The Lucifernum to start a game room with a few of your pins!

1 month later
    #14505 4 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Just moved in sevral months ago and moved all these machines with me by myself. Wont be doing that again but much more space.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Loved playing at your place. Very relaxing and a nice mix of games.

#14531 4 years ago
    Quoted from lastlight:

I've had to thin my collection but here's a few shot near its prime...[quoted
    What is that light line near the ceiling overhead, is that a reflection? Doesn't look like a light strip?

#14532 4 years ago
    Quoted from mmuglia:

I sold one and picked up two this week. Updated gameroom pics.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where'd you get the pac-man cutouts on the wall? Those are cool!

1 month later
    #14837 4 years ago
    Quoted from adborto:

Moved a few games around and started to expand into the garage. My Daughter loves the Wonka movies and she is learning how to play now! Pretty awesome to see her getting into the hobby. Didn’t think that Wonka would be as fun as it is. Great addition to the lineup. The wine is for my wife putting up with my crazy hobby (even though she secretly enjoys the arcade)![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have never seen a game room that has so many pins they are grouped by manufacture.

2 weeks later
    #14930 4 years ago
    Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I counted 86 pins (someone else counted 87). All I can say is "Holy shit!" And it looks like they're all in great condition. My jealousy quotient is through the roof. I assume you're in the pinball profession. That's how you've come to accumulate so many. I have 7 games and they cost me a lot. I can't imagine the value of your collection. I assume they're all insured.

I counted "0" gameroom.

#14934 4 years ago
    Quoted from PokerJake:

Sold a few machines and replaced them with Darts and Foosball. Game room/bar is complete.[quoted image][quoted image]

Would look so much better with an Oktoberfest. Sad.

4 weeks later
    #15100 3 years ago
    Quoted from CollinT:

Moved recently and took over the front room. Easy getting them in![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice game line up. Refreshing to see someone who owns games that weren't made in the past 7 years. Now your place I would play for hours since they are harder to find.

2 weeks later
    #15158 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

It's actually just a 4x8 table. My dad bought a snooker ball set when he bought the table and thought I'd teach my wife snooker tonight during happy hour
    [quoted image]

So how do you play snooker with pockets? Now that is a MOD that needs to be made.

2 weeks later
    #15245 3 years ago

I have to get an Icee cup sign like that. Classic.

3 weeks later
    #15360 3 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

I loved Get Smart.
    I am a big superhero guy. The Superman telephone booth was to balance out my Batpole on the other side of the room.

How come you didn't go with the shakespear bust button thats available?

SmartSelect_20200621-233801_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20200621-233801_Chrome (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #15729 3 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Nice work, I printed these, work perfectly, but not as cool looking as yours.
    [quoted image]

Crazy, I have my Space Shuttle next to Gorgar also!

#15735 3 years ago
    Quoted from Red_Devils:

Been a long time since I last posted here. Made changes to the lineup and additions to the room. Thought I'd post a video this time, It's only a small room but I love it

Why is the Enterprise on a shelf and not hung from the ceiling? I can see an epic space battle over your head with UV string laser beams,Klingon ship and space backdrop.

2 weeks later
    #15817 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Been a while! Stuff has moved in, out, and around...but this lineup should be stable for a while!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whats the 80's pattern wall from? I am thinking of doing my entire arcade in a similiar design?

1 week later
    #15862 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Check this out... for this interactive mini golf we're building we'll have a pinball hole. We took a very very very old super wide body and rebuilt it so it can shot golf balls instead of pinballs. We just finished retheming the cabinet. Once we get it all done it will have a real games beside for theming and I'll share some pics.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

What glow paints are you using? They look brighter than others on the market?

2 weeks later
    #15997 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

new addition to the gameroom today
    [quoted image]

Thats great fun to have with friends during covid. I can't even get anyone over to play.

1 month later
    #16372 3 years ago
    Quoted from BleacherBum:

My game room / home brewery. There is a fifth pin (Space Time). It is currently under going a refurb/restoration
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks cool but complicated and over the top. I'm trying to figure how it would improve the flavor or make brewing easier? Simple step mash system with a cooler works fine. This must be nice for brewing during yhe winter. Kudos on the specific temp fridges for lagering!

#16431 3 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What color changing strip lights are you using? I cant find a reliable one for a long run? Thanks

1 week later
    #16493 3 years ago
    Quoted from RobDutch:

Time for a new photo, my 'gameroom' as of december 2020!
    5 games, 4 are mine.
    [quoted image]

Where is the room?

2 months later
    #17053 3 years ago

I spent the other week completely redoing my arcade room. The Blacklight paint took 5 coats! I was going for the retro wave 80s look. The UV color doesn't pop in photos. I thought the mural was good use for the 17 inches I had above the pins.

20210214_001054 (resized).jpg20210214_001054 (resized).jpg20210219_173813 (resized).jpg20210219_173813 (resized).jpg20210219_173836 (resized).jpg20210219_173836 (resized).jpg
    #17063 3 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

What type of paint did you use? Brand/colors? I always wonder about adding fluorescent pigments to existing latex paint.

Good question, it was trial and error. The stuff from the craft store is a different color under blacklight. Invisible flourescent isn't strong enough. The best was this from amazon.

SmartSelect_20210221-235227_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20210221-235227_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #17378 3 years ago

Anyone have a gameroom with woodrail pins all over? Maybe lit up? A speakeasy theme would be cool if I owned them and had the room.

3 weeks later
    #17554 2 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Update from today.

Chris

Wow, nice picks on games! I can see you appreciate the classic period like I before Mortal Combat and dozen more took over the arcades. A real collection you have, don't ever let it or the dream go!

2 months later
    #17893 2 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

I had posted pics of my old basement game room many years ago. Last year I moved to SW Florida and built a separate building out back with 2 car garage and made a nice game room out of remaining space. I’m such a nut I covered the only window with a huge Guinness mirror lol. Still not complete as I’m missing my jukebox being fixed 1 pin Zep premium & arcade legends 3. Have to make room maybe move dart board to other side.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Budweiser and Red Dog, nailed it! My favorites.

1 month later
    #18043 2 years ago

Does anyone know where to find arcade blacklight rugs

Quoted from pinzrfun:

I have this one, readily available. Lights up and makes old school sounds when you press the buttons.
    [quoted image]

I have this too,seconds to install ,I love it!

3 weeks later
    #18197 2 years ago

My Pinball Hall of Fame in the gameroom. All the games I have owned and sold get their flyer framed on the wall. Sort of like how some people have hunting trophies!

20210903_130137 (resized).jpg20210903_130137 (resized).jpg
    #18219 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Cool ass idea!!!
    Did you buy these or download and layout and print the art yourself?
    What size are they? I like that they're small, I can find room for this!

Just download and print. Michael's has cheap frames in packs of 4 the same size.

#18249 2 years ago
    Quoted from SirMachismo:

The scale of this picture of the pictures is messing with me…are the pictures really low to the ground and small?
    …and I love this idea!

Yeah, they are regular flyer size. The only place I have left on my walls is below my gaming console near the floor. Not sure where I'll stick more frames when they go?

2 weeks later
    #18365 2 years ago
    Quoted from trueno92:

Finished up some cleaning... more to go..
    #unfinsihedbasementclub
    #lowendpinguy[quoted image]

The Coke snackbar menu sign is the best! Wish I had room for that. I have the House Rules sign too.

1 week later
    #18490 2 years ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

Here’s a pic of my current game room
    [quoted image]

I like the route 66 theme!

3 months later
    #19153 2 years ago
    Quoted from ChipScott:

I have these in several of these in the recess can lights in my bar/gameroom.
    They don't get hot, they last a long time, they offer a really nice blacklight effect ( as well as offer a nice subtle light to the area below). They're not uncomfortable or harsh to look at, and actually they look rather neat.
    I found them on Amazon.com.
    [quoted image]

All the reviews say they don't last? I would like something like these but none of them last very long apparently.

3 months later
    #19867 2 years ago

The 80's nook is my favorite. I wish had a space like that. I may put wall shelves up? The pump car and pac man lunch box make me miss the good old days.

1 month later
    #20152 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

As a proud Canadian, NO Thank you. If that ever happens I'll move to Europe or Central America.

As an American, I'm not sure if I should be insulted by this comment :/

#20162 1 year ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

current game room line up and new diner topper I assembled
    lego mini figures
    [quoted image][quoted image]dc super hero statues[quoted image]legos[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your lego figure display is great. I've been thinking of doing that with my old star wars figures.

2 months later
    #20505 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmuglia:

A couple of updates to the gameroom.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like your taste in games. I just never understood everyones attraction to Track and Field?

4 weeks later
    #20662 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

You know, its fun looking at people's collections, but I come to this thread for decorating ideas. I love looking at all the neat stuff people have up on their walls. I also love looking at "wide" collections. The latest Stern is great, but an 80s street level game and a 90s DMD can provide a breath of fresh air.

Ask and you shall recieve, I agree.
    I just finished continuing the arcade blacklight stripes on the next wall, also to draw attention to the old Skool skatedecks I just started to collect. They looked pretty lonely by themselves. Since I got a 3d printer I have been printing 80's toys from my childhood like Motu and Gi joe that look like the real thing. Great for the retro arcade theme.
    The first pictures are with regular lights on which I never use. I have all blacklights.

20220913_125824 (resized).jpg20220913_125824 (resized).jpg20220913_130817 (resized).jpg20220913_130817 (resized).jpg20220914_123619 (resized).jpg20220914_123619 (resized).jpg20220914_123804 (resized).jpg20220914_123804 (resized).jpg
    #20665 1 year ago
    Quoted from doompin:

Nice!. I really like your paint scheme. You need a Radical machine now (though Dr. Dude fits the vibe great already).

Hah! Yes, I thought the same thing,I'm selling the Dude and hope to get a Radical soon. I was getting Town and Country Surf Designs and Skate or Die vibes.

#20688 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

My small game room. Still a work in progress but getting there. Just added a Buck Hunter.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Arcade Legends,I love mine, I recommend getting the light gun for the games,Its not perfect but a good way to blow off steam like big buck hunter. Hopefully they don't outlaw those too?

1 month later
    #20912 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Has anyone done a cool painters tape wall design, graffiti work, or blacklight paint in their arcade?
    There's 207 pages of images and I got through 30 and decided to ask year.
    Looking for some inspiration.

Please check out my gameroom photos in my profile for more blacklight arcade ideas.

20220914_123619 (resized).jpg20220914_123619 (resized).jpg
    #20915 1 year ago

Thanks! I'm on the hunt for those chasing lights they would have in arcades in the 80's. You know the ones, about every 80's movie had them. Left over from the disco era.

1 week later
    #20966 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Question for you guys. What do you use to hang your skateboards? Thanks

Use a black zip tie through the the top 2 holes and hang on a hook. Cost 35 cents and no one has been able to figure out how I did it. Buying aparatuses is silly expensive.

2 weeks later
    #21060 1 year ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

Shouldn’t the speedometer go to 88mph.. Are they all like this?
    [quoted image]

And they are only 150hp, or so I have heard. Fun getting up those hills!

2 months later
    #21718 1 year ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Had the games on and some friends over last night, figured I’d update the pictures while I was at it.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would love to stop over and do some laundry!

4 weeks later
    #21772 1 year ago
    Quoted from NewmanJerry:

Heard![quoted image][quoted image]

No Tron? Love the flag!

1 month later
    #22091 11 months ago
    Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Blacklight rules.
    [quoted image]

Hey, how did you get blacklight trim for your legends ultimate? Did you use tape? I'm going to do this,great work.

#22092 11 months ago
    Quoted from Redfive05:

Thanks! I am really trying to get that authentic arcade feel and think I’ve done a pretty decent job doing it… adding the change machine really took it to the next level. I removed the bill validator and installed a button in its place, I have it set to give out $2 in quarters each time you press it. I love when I have people over and they are playing games and I hear the sound of the coins falling into the scoop. It's also great when someone is getting really far in Ninja Turtles and they run out of quarters and have to run over to the machine to grab more while the timer is running out… just like when I was a kid lol
    [quoted image]
    A few of the other “Authentic” arcade detail I tried to recreate were my custom arcade LED sign, which I had the “arcade” letters designed to look like the Dream Machine logo at the mall arcade ai went to as a kid.
    [quoted image]
    And another local arcade I took inspiration from is Joe’s Playland on Salisbury Beach… they have the carnival style chase lights on the walls around the arcade, I built my own for my Pinball Row.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Next project…. A mini version of a Canobie Lake Park Palace Arcade “Tree”
    [quoted image]

I wanted that TOKEN sign years ago but missed the auction. Also a coin machine, just the front side to have in front of the wall since I have no more room.
    Can you tell me or share a link on how to make chasing lights? I've wanted them for years. Nothing more nostalgic than that!

#22124 11 months ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Decades in the making, I finally hung some shelves that can accommodate my extensive, mostly VFD handheld/tabletop electronic game collection. Now I can honestly say my gameroom features well over 100 individual games!
    [quoted image]

Seriously, that is mind blowing, you should be proud. If I ever end up in prison I hope my jail cell looks like that. I wouldn't mind it a bit killing time.

2 months later
    #22541 8 months ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Bought and sold some stuff over the summer so time for a new picture dump…
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! What a variety of games.That would keep me entertained for days. I love it!

5 months later
    #23452 3 months ago
    Quoted from blainerunner:

Pinball with a 14th floor view of Manhattan's City Hall and the Brooklyn Bridge in the distance. But I bought a fourth machine (Maiden). Now, AFM lives in the living room.
    I included a pic of my Shadow's alternate translite.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I see your avatar is the view out your window. First time I've seen pinball on an upper floor of a skyrise with a view. Anyone else?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Viggin900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=Viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.