Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThePinballCo-op.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16131 3 years ago

My wife and I sold our old house for the main purpose of buying or building a new one that has a pinball room. We chose to build, and the construction process has begun. Here are some blueprints. Completion expected around December/January.

And comments or suggestions are welcome.

Plans w/ dimensions. The purpose of the utility sink is to add running water & drainage for maybe a urinal on the storage side and a wet bar on the adjacent pinball room.
    Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 10.36.24 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-18 at 10.36.24 AM (resized).png

Electric. 2 outlets per 15 amp breaker.
    Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 10.36.45 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-18 at 10.36.45 AM (resized).png

#16156 3 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Have them put a larger beam in and that column isn't necessary. I hate when architects skimp on beams. The additional cost for steel is less than the cost/labor of installing a column in such a short span.

ooohhhh.... they started construction a few weeks ago. This is already up. You're right though, that would be such a huge boost for the room... ugh...

#16196 3 years ago
    Quoted from Averell:

Man, you all have these big basements... you should be lucky guys.
    I have no space for more than 4 Pinballs... maybe if I would do some improvements, but not without loosing needed workspace.
    So I have to leave it as it is... and I'm happy, too.
    But to be honest, I have prepared the room on the other side where currently the sauna is.
    If I get fed up of the sauna someday there's space for 5 more Pinballs.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Are these pics showing a sauna and pins in the same room? Are you saying I can soft-boil my eggs while I watch someone reach wizard mode on IJ?

You win this thread. I won't see another setup like this one.

1 week later
    #16242 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

A modern machine has joined the ranks of my game room. I normally don’t care that much for many modern games but HOLY CRAP this one impressed me. I brought it home from work to tinker with it as it was giving problems and now is the first time I’m really playing it. Wish I could keep it forever! Oh well it’ll stay for a while until I get it sorted then it will go back to public use. Now... to take over the guest room or wait for a bigger house.... hmmm
    [quoted image]

ACNC is vastly underrated. Tough but makable shots, great flow, the sounds and songs are fantastic, great light show, challenging modes, and the playfield is like glass.

I straight up love mine. I got it in February and I've played it almost non-stop since. So addictive.

1 week later
    #16303 3 years ago
    Quoted from gentrsa:

Finally took some pictures of my rooms with games.....The BS Arcade!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Roy Clark The Entertainer!? What? Not only have I never seen one of those, I didn't know this existed. Wow.

Quoted from gentrsa:

Also just opened our place a couple weeks ago!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

ROCK AND ROLL PINBALL! AWESOME PLACE!

I finally have a reason to go to Alabama!

#16314 3 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I was within inches of purchasing two of these machines in the early 80s for $3300 each. The distributor showcased these machines in Chicago when they were first offered, boasting about how they're controlled by a microprocessor which was revolutionary at the time (I think it was a Z80), and you could change the playfield by simply unbolting and unplugging the connectors, replacing it with another theme. They also guaranteed in writing that you would recoup your investment within 24 months, sharing your take 60/40 with the establishment that they would find for you (restaurants, bars, etc.). Really a win-win it seemed.
    The main reason I didn't go for it was during their demo, the machine locked up and the displays all showed 8's. The other reason was their design was cocktail table style, and I noted that if you spilled your beer on the glass, it'd drip into the machine and no doubt damage components.
    Two years later they were out of business. I have no doubt there were issues with their electronics. Their marketing seemed well thought up.

I was not asking for this, but you delivered! Thank you. Great story!

1 week later
    #16412 3 years ago
    Quoted from KJS:

[quoted image]

Me: *doesn't recognize game on far right, enlarges picture*
    Me: "Mad Max?.... I don't remember ever seeing that one..."
    Me: *Googles it, finds link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-max-original-1979-retheme-project

"Oh.... my......... GOD!........ AWESOME!!!!!"

1 month later
    #16683 3 years ago

Our new house is nearing completion. My wife loves the fancy new everything upstairs, but I keep taking pictures of the future pinball room!

Gonna put a bar on one side and TV on on side, and build in some lighting around the top edges so the room can be lit without so much light that it'll blind us when we play our games. Wooo!

IMG_1157 (resized).JPGIMG_1157 (resized).JPGIMG_1158 (resized).JPGIMG_1158 (resized).JPGIMG_1160 (resized).JPGIMG_1160 (resized).JPG
    #16721 3 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

I have about 25 on route already. The rest are in storage. About 20 of the ones I have in storage haven't been restored yet. The plan (which is always subject to change) is to fill the room with some of my favorites then I will most likely reduce the number of routed locations I'm taking care of to get the routed number down to less than twenty. If I could get down to one location that would be really awesome. Then I'll continue to restore and change my home lineup/routed lineup as I see fit. I'm also thinking of selling a few to maybe buy some newer pins. A lot of mine are older but I do try to take my time and make them nice when I restore them. Maybe I can find some buyers.
    Here is the last resto I did before we moved into the apartment (no shop currently).
    EDIT: I didn't have time to finish Capt Fantastic because the house had sold. Still have to do the coin door and score reels. Didn't want anyone to think I'm slacking!
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I am a huge fan of restorations. There's a guy near me who does it and his games look amazing. I just don't trust myself yet to be able to do that. I'd like to try someday though. I'm jealous of your talent.

#16739 3 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

[quoted image]
    The wife wanted a new house built, with a pool. All I asked for was a pool house and a shop. On the far right in the 3rd bay of the garage it is walled off and will be insulated/HVAC with sliding door access. That will be my shop.
    On the far left, connected by breezeway/security checkpoint-- the "pool house" which upon it's completion will have a .5 bath, hvac, fridge, icemaker and the rest will be pinball machines and a bar to sit at. It will also have a 10x30 covered poolside porch with a fire pit. The "work in progress name" for the pool house is "Dave's Ballshack."
    A few closeups of my ballshack-
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

What is the square footage of your new home overall, and the ballshack and ballshop separately?

4 weeks later
    #16875 3 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Room for one more...
    So far a music theme
    [quoted image]

Not that I've been trying to find one, but this is the first picture of a Heavy Metal that I've ever seen. The cab looks awesome.

2 weeks later
    #17033 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdc99999:

I'm regularly looking at these games room posts and often show them to the wife, it's nice to see the different ideas and visions for them. They are all unique and awesome regardless of size and style, after all, we do it for ourselves and they reflect our personalities and tastes.
    We were taking pics for someone today and she convinced me to share them on this forum so, here are a few before and after snapshots of our Man Cav... I mean Family Cave... we're very proud of it... ROCK ON and STAY SAFE guys, CHEERS!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW! How long did this take you? Did you go about it solo? If you don't mind me asking, what was the budget?

This is seriously a place I could go and just hang. Not too many games, not too few, excellent relaxation atmosphere. Very nice all around.

#17034 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flatroll:

Wow, I’ve seen some spectacular game rooms on this thread. Very inspiring, creative, & super-inviting indeed!
    As for me...just starting a game room with my 1st machine - Joker Poker with all it’s charm & those classic chimes to boot! You’re never too young to enjoy some pinball!! Game on. lol. Cheers fellow Pinsiders.[quoted image]

Is that you in the pic?

Joker Poker is one of my favorite games all time. I could play it daily -- and I basically have -- and never get bored. What a classic!

1 month later
    #17244 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

I remember it was prohibitively expensive.. like around 500$ or more for the kit. As usual, they got slaughtered on Pinside by armchair designers who thought they could design something similar for 1/5th the price. Of course that never happened.
    Everybody wanted that kit but nobody was prepared to pay what it really cost unfortunately. Given the 1-2$k toppers being sold now I think it could probably work now. They were just a little ahead of their time.
    Here's my 15$ solution from Amazon. Sorry for the short clip. There's 8-10 different flashing patterns and didn't feel like recording for 4-5 mins to get them all.
    amazon.com link »
    They have 50 and 100 light strings. I used 100 lights.

Rechargeable USB lights? Brilliant!

I was looking for something like this and didn't know it existed. Thank you!

MrMikeman Can one remote turn on and off 2 or more at the same time? Or do I need to use a separate remote for each one?

#17287 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What a lineup! I need to get me an ACNC

Good luck in the search! I purchased ACNC, then got R&M a few months later. What game left my collection first? R&M.

Actually I think I've bought and sold 5 games since my ACNC purchase...

Anyway, it's not a game to give up easily and very few were made. If you can find one, pull the trigger immediately. Put down that deposit and run to it!

4 months later
    #18091 2 years ago

Referencing an older post, I finally feel ready to reveal some of my first ever game room pictures. Not entirely finished but getting there. I got the 4' live edge bar from a guy on etsy. $250.

IMG_2057 (resized).JPGIMG_2057 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2059 (resized).JPGIMG_2059 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2061 (resized).JPGIMG_2061 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2060 (resized).JPGIMG_2060 (resized).JPG

#18095 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Looks nice, very clean.

Thank you for saying that. That was my goal. I'm married and I wanted her to feel like it was a place she could go too and feel welcome.

2 weeks later
    #18240 2 years ago

I'm getting so jealous at all the black light flooring. I know how much fun it is to have in a room, I wish I had it myself.

Lymes How many pins can you fit?

5 months later
    #19471 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Here you go George. Rabbits. Or todays front four anyway.
    [quoted image]
    My baby's home and she's got a new dress.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Pretty cool collection. I could spend a lot of time here.

Who did the paint job on the wall? That's freakin awesome.

#19499 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Ash Johnson, a local graffitti guy. He did a stack of my art including the sorcerer on my van and my house.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

WHOA!

Boy am I glad I asked. That is AWESOME!!!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThePinballCo-op.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=ThePinballCo-op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.