Topic Stats

• 23,819 posts
  • 2,344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 minutes ago by phillyfan64
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2498 (resized).jpeg
    20240423_232536 (resized).jpg
    20240423_230401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stal8080.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3508 9 years ago

While my game/pin collection is no where near as nice as some in this thread, I am proud of how our basement turned out. Sewer backed up and we had to re do the whole thing. Some of my favorites. ---Bar front made up of pallet wood planks and stained (equipped with hidden plank revealing old school NES/N64)
    ---X-Files Pinball
    ---Linked Rush the Rock Racer games w/ upgraded with LCD monitors

basement.JPGbasement.JPG basement4.JPGbasement4.JPG basement2.JPGbasement2.JPG basement3.JPGbasement3.JPG
    #3512 9 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Was there any kit you needed to use or an adapter? One of my monitors is starting to go on my Rush's and would eventually like to replace with LCD

I just used this adapter for each game. http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/gonbes-video-converters/23-cga-vga-hd-video-converter.html

I was fortunate enough to actually inherit 3 of these games from a closed down arcade all had issues. 2 of the 3 games the monitors were shot and one of the games I was able to save the monitor with a cap kit. That game I sold. The other two it would have cost much more to replace the CRT's---which to me made it a no brainer. Honestly at a time I had all 3 sbs and despite the ratio difference I preferred the LCD for these types of games. You get some nice adjustment features on the adapter boards so you can really dial in the colors. Depending on the make and model you can possible fit a 29" tv in the cab which is what these are. Another important feature is to make sure that the TV's will come back on after power is cut.

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=283401

This was my inspiration for trying it out. Would do it again in a heart beat for racing games. I think the lcd conversion just all depends on the game type and personal preference.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stal8080.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=Stal8080 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.