Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverUnicorn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#596 11 years ago

I am a bit late to the party, but I will share

This is pretty much what I have in the basement now.

basement_100.jpgbasement_100.jpg basement_101.jpgbasement_101.jpg basement_102.jpgbasement_102.jpg basement_104.jpgbasement_104.jpg basement_105.jpgbasement_105.jpg basement103.jpgbasement103.jpg

10 months later
    #1214 11 years ago
    Quoted from phillips11103:

Where did you get that freaking awesome Williams neon????? That is bad ass!

I don't know about him, but mine came from this site:

http://www.backtothearcade.com/index.php

I can get pics of it tonight if you'd like. The tubing on mine is thinner than any other neon sign I own. It is extremely lightweight, and not as "quality" if you will as the beer sign neons I have.

Not knocking the product at all. It is very bright, but if you're looking for something with nice thick tubes and a super beefy transformer, this sign is not it. It is made in China, and, well, it shows.

Chris

1 month later
    #1348 10 years ago

Nice! When did you get a Godzilla?!

Chris

#1366 10 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

What's the name of the company? Do they have a website?

There are several. Just Google "Amish built Shed"

Seriously.

Chris

3 weeks later
    #1393 10 years ago

TRYING to get the basement cleaned up, LOL. Here's how it sits at the moment: basement2.jpgbasement2.jpg basement3.jpgbasement3.jpg basement4.jpgbasement4.jpg

#1394 10 years ago

One more.

basement1.jpgbasement1.jpg

#1396 10 years ago

Thanks.

I need to get in the habit of not tossing stuff under the pins. It's just too convenient to store stuff under there!

LOL

Chris

#1400 10 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Some rare Williams

Whoa!

That is a nice shot!

Would love to get a Cosmic Gunfight. Nice collection there!

Chris

#1460 10 years ago

Very nice! And a working Pole Position is a thing to behold!

Nice space!

Chris

1 week later
    #1489 10 years ago
    Quoted from skywalker:

Wow very impressive games room you lads have he who dies with most pins Wins

but still dies.

2 weeks later
    #1606 10 years ago
    Quoted from Olddragon:

You guys have some great rooms!
    I still need to finish some add and ends in the basement, and the theater isn't even close to being finished, but at least I finally moved the pinball machines down there today!
    Edit: holy moly, that pic got big! Click on it to see it in native resolution.

That's a basement? Holy moly that's nicer than the living space in my house! Looks great!

Chris

1 month later
    #1625 10 years ago

Some updated crappy pics, LOL DSCF6864.JPGDSCF6864.JPG DSCF6861.JPGDSCF6861.JPG DSCF6867.JPGDSCF6867.JPG

#1630 10 years ago
    Quoted from nighttaco:

Why is Airborne off to the side? Nice room btw

Thanks! When I first set up Airborne, the pin row was full if I put it where it is now, with the back to the wall, there would not be enough room to get around it when someone was playing.

I moved it sideways, and solved the flow issue in the room, and I kinda like it there.

airborne.jpgairborne.jpg airborne2.jpgairborne2.jpg

#1642 10 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

I cannot believe the person who built your house didn't think of this "issue" during the design phase!

That would be me LOL

We finished the basement ourselves. We have alot of things down there. When we built the house, I just wanted a basement for a few games. I always thought we'd finish it, but it's nicer than I expected. Also, I never dreamed I would have as many games as I have down there.

I think we use the space pretty well That one spot is really the only issue, but that's because of the HVAC the wall needed to be out a little bit further.

Live and learn! There are several things I would do differently if we built again, but honestly I don't ever want to go through that again if I don't have to

Chris

#1678 10 years ago

Good Lord that is nice! Very classy looking!

Chris

2 months later
    #1966 10 years ago

Latest incarnation of the game room, again with super dorky narration.

Chris

2 months later
    #2177 10 years ago
    Quoted from fuko:

Some pics of the current lineup

IMG_7917.1.jpg 174 KB

IMG_7928.1.jpg 187 KB

IMG_7936.1.jpg 196 KB

IMG_7940.1.jpg 264 KB

IMG_7943.1.jpg 142 KB

Holy crap! Varkon AND Inferno??

NICE collection there sir!

Chris

3 weeks later
    #2233 10 years ago
    Quoted from laruetl77:

Not the most impressive game room, but there's always time to grow and get more machines down the road.

image-719.jpg 360 KB

You have what looks to be an unfaded Fish Tales. I'd say that is quite impressive!!

Chris

3 weeks later
    #2392 10 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

If I buy anymore I will be single also.

I am sure there's a downside, but I can't see it.

LOL, just kidding. Happily married and the wife is a saint and tolerates my hobby

Chris.

1 month later
    #2648 9 years ago

I need to update my pics, but here's a quick cell phone shot:

basement recent.jpgbasement recent.jpg

Chris

#2652 9 years ago
    Quoted from J_Cutler:

You guy's make me feel bad with my one and only pin. Hopefully soon I can acquire more.

Don't feel bad at all. You must start somewhere. Here is my basement in 2009:

bkalone.jpgbkalone.jpg

You will get there if you want to

Chris

1 week later
    #2694 9 years ago

Some recent pics:

DSCF8198.JPGDSCF8198.JPG DSCF8199.JPGDSCF8199.JPG DSCF8200.JPGDSCF8200.JPG DSCF8201.JPGDSCF8201.JPG DSCF8202.JPGDSCF8202.JPG DSCF8203.JPGDSCF8203.JPG DSCF8204.JPGDSCF8204.JPG DSCF8206.JPGDSCF8206.JPG DSCF8207.JPGDSCF8207.JPG DSCF8208.JPGDSCF8208.JPG DSCF8209.JPGDSCF8209.JPG DSCF8210.JPGDSCF8210.JPG DSCF8211.JPGDSCF8211.JPG
    1 week later
    #2761 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

Finally got around to taking a couple of picks of the 'ManCave'. It's a work in progress. We moved into this house 2 years ago to the day. The garage is why I bought this house, it's 24x84 with a full upstairs.
    The upstairs is only partially finished, when I'm done there will be a golf simulator, putting green, & lots of pinball machines!

image-345.jpg 295 KB

image-717.jpg 305 KB

image-531.jpg 305 KB

image-655.jpg 290 KB

image-170.jpg 250 KB

image-875.jpg 270 KB

image-241.jpg 312 KB

I now have garage envy. That is AWESOME!

Chris

#2763 9 years ago
    Quoted from jeff_286:

Her are some pics.

1401191440290.jpg 271 KB

1401191614211.jpg 266 KB

1401191671591.jpg 192 KB

1401191729248.jpg 186 KB

1401191808213.jpg 192 KB

1401191859931.jpg 191 KB

1401191915947.jpg 216 KB

That is a great space. Very classy, not cluttered. Really nice pool table!

Well done!

Chris

5 months later
    #3194 9 years ago

I always think my basement is cool, until I see pics of others, LOL

Some very nice spaces!

Chris

#3199 9 years ago
    Quoted from bobnatlanta:

My modest 150 sq ft.

photo (3).JPG 284 KB

Modestly AWESOME!

Chris

1 week later
    #3249 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Half of my heated shop.

10305331_10202775566697649_73452... 97 KB

That is a hell of a tool box!

And a very nice space too!

Chris

#3266 9 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Here is the full view - the shop is about as big as the gameroom. Gameroom has 7 dedicated 20 amp circuits.

basement.jpg 59 KB

#3283 9 years ago

That is awesome! And the Vectrex setup is SICK!

Chris

3 weeks later
    #3375 9 years ago

There are thousands of arcade and pinball models in Google SketchUp. I think that is free as well.

Chris

3 months later
    #3921 9 years ago

Basements are fun....until they're not. LOL

Chris

1 month later
    #4119 8 years ago

Took an updated video which really showcases all my broken machines

Chris

#4133 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

It isn't in his collection list

m

Quoted from dung:It isn't in his collection list

It is now

Quoted from mac622:

I see you got rid of the QIX I sold you. How long did you hold onto it? I loved it when I was younger but found it got old quickly playing it as an adult. Loved the audio on it though!

I had it about a year. Loved it, but like you said, it seemed to get old. That and nobody else really seemed to want to play it, and I am not sure why. Sold it for the same price I paid for it to a nice KLOV member.

3 months later
    #4941 8 years ago

I LOVE this thread. Took some pics of my "row" last night. Pinsider EagleTG was kind enough to fix almost everything that was not working, and better yet, teach me some things in the process. So now the row LOOKS nice, but more importantly, they all PLAY nice now also, something that hasn't been for quite a long time, so I am very happy. Posted a while ago, but I think one or two things changed. Thanks again to EagleTG for being such a good Pinsider!

Chris

DSCF9531.jpgDSCF9531.jpg
    DSCF9530.jpgDSCF9530.jpg
    DSCF9528.jpgDSCF9528.jpg

1 month later
    #5190 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

For those of you with pool tables near your pins, aren't you afraid that a hard break could send the cue ball flying off the table? I've been thinking about getting a pool table, but this is something that concerns me.

We have had a pool table for 5 years now, and I have never had that happen. Now, my pins aren't near the table, but I would have no issues if they were. I have seen that happen only once at my in-laws, but not on a break shot, and the ball was only in the air for like a foot, and you would lkely not have pins that close anyway.

Maybe others are way better at pool and have this happen? I just don't see it as an issue, but I could be wrong.

Chris

1 month later
    #5379 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Current state of my gameroom, Flash on

DSC01060.jpg DSC01058.jpg DSC01059.jpg DSC01056.jpg DSC01057.jpg

Does the Skee Ball machine double as a couch? LOL

Chris

1 week later
    #5411 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

It's one of those rare days where I feel like everything is working. Pictures of working games to commemorate the occasion.
    gameroom.jpg
    garage.jpg
    bowl.jpg

ooooh! one more for R-A-N-S-O-M!

Chris

1 week later
    #5437 8 years ago

Kind of a crappy photo, but the pin row as of this evening:

DSCF9740.jpgDSCF9740.jpg

1 month later
    #5858 8 years ago

New video of the basement space:

Chris

1 month later
    #6148 8 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

Does anyone have any OUTDOOR lights for their game room? I am helping with an arcade, would love to get the letters ARCADE in lights outside the building...open to suggestions!

Just make sure your city or town doesn't think you're running a business with an outside sign.

I love the idea, not trying to be a debbie downer, just that I know how weird my township can be about stuff. Also might not want to advertise what you have in the building. Just a thought.

Chris

5 months later
    #7284 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryno:

Apart from the rain pissing in, the wall on three sides are at subsoil level. Tanking should sort that out.
    It's a concrete floor. No Radon issues. It was originally used as an old bakery back in the day.

I am not trying to be a jerk here, but have you tested for radon? Just because it was a bakery, don't assume that they ever tested. You never know if radon is present without testing.

Again, trying to look out for your famalie's (and your) well being is all.

Chri

2 months later
    #7689 7 years ago

Nothing new really, but took some new pics for something else so thought I could toss them here as well

IMG_4454 (resized).jpgIMG_4454 (resized).jpg

IMG_4457 (resized).jpgIMG_4457 (resized).jpg

IMG_4455 (resized).jpgIMG_4455 (resized).jpg

IMG_4459 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_4459 (1) (resized).jpg

IMG_4456 (resized).jpgIMG_4456 (resized).jpg

IMG_4458 (resized).jpgIMG_4458 (resized).jpg

#7691 7 years ago
    Quoted from jyeakley:

What's wrong with the Airborne? Is that a bungie cord?

Airborne is waiting on parts, which hopefully will be here today. Have some coils locked on so transistors and/or chips need replacement.

If by bungee cord you mean the yellow and black thing hanging from the ceiling - that is a TRX workout system. If you know me, you know damn well that isn't mine. LOL My wife uses it.

Chris

1 month later
    #7921 7 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Just an update. Was testing the waters to see if I could fit 9 machines. The spare radical went back on the wall next to airborne for now and the 3 alvin g's are lined up straight. Hoping to host a part in a few months, right now 5 machines play. Pinball Magic will get fixed up next and then on to the radicals.

Good man! I too have Airborne, Pinball Magic, and Breakshot

Nice lineup!

1 week later
    #7941 7 years ago

VERY nice. Is that a basement? Serious question. It's huge! I may need to move to South Dakota. LOL

Chris

#7944 7 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

Yes, the arcade, bar and theater are about 2,000 sqft and there is a guest bedroom, work out room and play room also in the basement. The entire house is 10,000 sqft. I have 5 kids so it's nice to have so much room. The prices are moderate here in Rapid City. I bought this house for 1 mil with 5 acres in a scenic spot. I am spoiled by rich parents that don't want to be dead to see us enjoy our inheritance. I am very fortunate.

That is awesome that you have that opportunity! Enjoy the space!

Chris

3 weeks later
    #8071 7 years ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

added a williams multigame
    now the games are set till SW LE comes out (if it ever comes out)

Love the Williams Multi Game but that Inviso button would drive me bananas. LOL

Your dog is awesome.

Chris

#8101 7 years ago

horrible pic but this is my in-law's:

pinball (resized).jpgpinball (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #8328 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinden007:

Only 1 pin and a few other games. Nothing like the amazing rooms I've seen on here.

First of all, this IS an amazing room. You have friends that come over on a regular basis to play cards with. There's something to be said for that. Sure, there's "only" one pin. Who cares? I think this room looks pretty amazing in it's own right.

Chris

2 months later
    #8744 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jtm3:

One side of my B/W room. WPC95's on the other side.

That rug really ties the room together.

Nice space!
    Chris

2 months later
    #8953 6 years ago

Took an updated video of the basement gameroom. Now to get all the games working again and I'll be happy. LOL

Chris

1 month later
    #9287 6 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

This isn't pinball game room related per say, but for those of you who like sports you might be interested in the gym I put together:
    » YouTube video

Looks great!

I have a similar product for my basement floor since floods destroyed the Pergo.

Very nice court you made!

Chris

1 month later
    #9617 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vdrums:

While I don't wish anyone any harm, looking at the pictures of these Dedicated game rooms and the collection of outstanding games they house, it generates a particular feeling directed towards all of you- and it's not a nice one!!!
    Okay I should probably avoid looking at this thread in the future to avoid extreme envy.

I have been in the hobby a long time. Most of my games I bought long ago. And most were from before the prices went way high. Things have changed. I feel the same way as you when I see people buying NIB games. I just sit in awe and wish I could do that. I am lucky to have what I do, but it's sure nice to oogle over other's collections

Chris

3 months later
    #10344 6 years ago

This show was on when I was a child. This show is the single reason I wanted arcade games and / or pinball in my house.

What an inspiration!

Chris

2 weeks later
    #10446 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I stopped collecting pinball machines, and started collecting ladders
    Edit ... ladder gameroom, this exciting game of climbing ladders, so much fun

I just got a Step Ladder. I never knew my real ladder

I will see myself out.....

Chris

3 weeks later
    #10607 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmieczko:

Current lineup

Great variety there. I don't disrespect or blame those that have a whole line of new Sterns, that's awesome too, but I prefer a gameroom with variety like this.

Great room and nice games!

Chris

#10640 6 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

"Hey, do these LEDs make my butt look big"?

"Does my ass make these LED's look small?"

2 months later
    #11076 5 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Ceiling Height is very important though. You will want to bounce any Atmos height speakers vs direct fire them from the ceiling at that height.
    I spend way more time in the theater then I do in the arcade. Hard not to. It’s just so awesome for movies and games (PS4/Xbox)

Wait, WHAT?!?!?!?!

That. Was. AMAZING! Well done!

Chris

1 month later
    #11302 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Can't forget about the baby waker? Fishtales topper is not only awesome looking, it's loud as hell!

"Pfffft. Here hold my beer" - Williams Fire!

1 month later
    #11584 5 years ago

Playing with the new camera a little bit.

P1000555 (resized).JPGP1000555 (resized).JPGP1000558 (resized).JPGP1000558 (resized).JPG
    1 month later
    #11791 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:

Starwars out and bsd and Fish tales in.
    [quoted image]

Medieval Castle? Is this an alternate translite for another game?

Nice looking BSD there too!

Chris

2 months later
    #12223 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Most video games are pattern-based which can get boring compared to pinball which is random.

Atari Space Duel..."Hold my beer". LOL

I saw you said you had asteroids, so that's comparable Wish I hadn't sold my Space Duel.

Chris

2 weeks later
    #12348 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

I built them out of 1/2 inch pipe and solid oak. Surprisingly knees aren’t affected, and the are easy to move under or to the side if desired. Here are some pics, I wanted to do a contrast stain, maybe next time.[quoted image][quoted image]

You can use the cutouts as pin-footies! (tm)

Chris

3 months later
    #13070 5 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

It looks like your Indiana Jones poster is wrinkled and none of the games look playable in the positions they are in.
    Just helping you tear down your game room.

I may be tired, but this made me laugh out loud.

Chris

1 month later
    #13424 4 years ago

Someone emailed me the other day asking about my basement so I made a quick update video. Hope that's allowed.

Chris

2 weeks later
    #13493 4 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

The only complete collection of system 11s in the US.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Aw come on, NONE of those Star Trek games are System 11!

And HOLY COW that is impressive! I always wondered what the whole series of System 11 games would look like. Now I know. Ivan tried rather successfully to have a System 11 row one year at Allentown, but I don' thtink they were all there.

Well done sir. WELL DONE!

Chris

#13509 4 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I'm sure I'm not the first to think this, but these recent posts made something pop in my head. If you have a game room with a nice pool table like this, well then, does at least one of your pins have to have a pool/billiards theme to go with it?
    If I had room, I'd love to have a pool table with an EBD next to it.

We have a pool table in our game room, and also a Capcom Breakshot pinball. Not intentionally, but it goes well with the pool table. Also had this made by Stan Fukuoka:

Stan1 (resized).jpgStan1 (resized).jpg

stan2 (resized).jpgstan2 (resized).jpg

#13512 4 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

Finally filled in all four spots. Two more games in shop and will rotate them into lineup when done and pull a game to clear coat and cosmeticaly restore. Its amazing how big a four game collection feels! Have to dedicate a bit of time if I want to play them all.
    This is my limit- it feels like enough games to keep me busy and the room looks fun![quoted image][quoted image]

Fantastic use of mirrors!

Chris

1 month later
    #13667 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

So I have a gameroom in my basement just added Wonka will take some new pics there... but check out my home away from home gameroom. We have a haunted house and I bought damn near every horror themed pinball and added it to the exit of our haunt. So you have horror themed pins surrounded by monsters, autographs, and so much more. Check it out. If you're ever in St Louis stop by... these pinballs are only avail to play in September, October and early November. After that they sit there doing nothing, other than we open for one day for Christmas, Valentines and one special event in March. Yeah they just sit there year around.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

For a second I thought these pics were your basement and was like HOLY CRAP!!! But then re-read your post, and while not the basement, an awesome execution of theme at your business!

Well done!

Chris

2 months later
    #13996 4 years ago
    Quoted from Namsan:

My turn ! Ok here my 2 small game room.
    One is dedicated to pinball and the second to arcade machines.
    - Pinball room video tour (poor quality)

- Arcade room video tour (poor quality)
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This room has so much amazing, but +1 for the Kronenbourg neon!

Chris

1 month later
    #14168 4 years ago

Some changes happening in the game room. Same # of games, but a section of the basement has been taken by the wife for her Zumba training (she is an instructor). It's all about balance, and I still retain the fun areas without having to sell anything.

Basement Pano2 (resized).jpgBasement Pano2 (resized).jpg

mirrors1 (resized).jpgmirrors1 (resized).jpg

mirrors2 (resized).jpgmirrors2 (resized).jpg

mirrors3 (resized).jpgmirrors3 (resized).jpg

Basement Pano1 (resized).jpgBasement Pano1 (resized).jpg

#14181 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I recently unlocked the "flood" achievement in my gameroom.

Ugh. Been there, done that. Hope you didn't lose much. It's never a fun time when that happens

Chris

1 month later
    #14377 4 years ago
    Quoted from corvair61:

Merry Xmas! This is where you’ll find me today.[quoted image][quoted image]

OK, I'll say it. That's quite a large "D" you have. LOL

Nice room!

Chris

#14378 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice! What brand cooler is that? I wasn't something like that but in a 1 or 2 door configuration.

Chris

#14408 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Had about 30 people or so over yesterday. Good times![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I want to know what this thing saw that clearly can't be unseen. LOL

unsee (resized).jpgunsee (resized).jpg
    #14415 4 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

LOL, that’s McGruff the crime dog. But when I first saw it his nose did look like a mouth that was wide open!

ooooooooooh! I see it now. LOL Whoops!

Chris

1 week later
    #14480 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Too much talk and not enough Pics in the “pics of game rooms” thread....

IMG_0802 (resized).jpgIMG_0802 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #14660 4 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

Thanks for that info, you guys did a great job!

Nice Macintosh equipment, and a bonus Mick Fleetwood drum head! Really nice space there!

Chris

#14674 4 years ago
    Quoted from TAFguy:

Not as elaborate as most but a fun area for the family.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It doesn't need to be elaborate to be awesome!

Great stuff there.

Chris

4 weeks later
    #14783 4 years ago

Rearranged a bit, added a pin, and snapped some pics.

IMG_1019 (resized).jpgIMG_1019 (resized).jpgIMG_1020 (resized).jpgIMG_1020 (resized).jpgIMG_1021 (resized).jpgIMG_1021 (resized).jpgIMG_1022 (resized).jpgIMG_1022 (resized).jpgIMG_1024 (resized).jpgIMG_1024 (resized).jpg
    #14786 4 years ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

Nice mix of games there!

Thanks

2 weeks later
    #14863 4 years ago
    Quoted from amstrick:

gorillabiscuits Also really curious about that Bally rug. Any chance you could share a link? Also, your room looks fantastic!

I second both of these. Would love one or both of those rugs!

Chris

#14870 4 years ago
    Quoted from marcus0202:

Here's mine, just one pin...you guys have understandinger wives than me.

Only one pin, but man that's a damn nice space!

Love it!

Chris

1 month later
    #15186 3 years ago
    Quoted from mcuzz:

Got pong working 10” monitor , thanks VCR ... huh yeah.. empty home arcades.;(
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was going to say your Tempest needs a marquee, but I am thinking that is just an awesome photo of mini machines.

Maybe I'b wrong, but either way, a really cool pic!

Chris

#15188 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

You nailed it Chris. Everything in that photo is a miniature replica sold by New Wave. They are awesome.
    https://newwavetoys.com/
    Can’t wait to pick up the dragons lair replica. [quoted image]

Those are amazingly detailed!

Chris

1 week later
    #15222 3 years ago
    Quoted from Antron77:

Heres a before and after!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW! So many questions. First off, What stone veneer did you use. that looks fantastic!!!

Chris

2 weeks later
    #15307 3 years ago
    Quoted from jonh:

And here it is remodeled after my two week furlough.
    Moved some games in and out. Added the brick paneling and stained and hung the cedar trim. Hung up all of my tap handles, beer signs, and my antique wooden propeller. Got rid of the bulky theater seats for a narrow bar height table, still waiting on the bar stools. And converted the closet into a bar.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What fridges are those if I may ask? Looking for something similar. Nice space you have there!

Chris

2 weeks later
    #15410 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I took some new pictures which showcase the pinball games much better. Enjoy and hope to see some of you come out this Halloween.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I absolutely love your space, and respect all the work it took to get it to that point, but I have to laugh..." Yes, at The Darkness, we're spooky and scary! But hey, we have Dippin Dots!" LOL

That sign just struck me funny. Fantastic space.

Chris

#15428 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hyperion:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! A lot going on and I love it! Is it odd that to me one of the best things in the room is the Airborne with the yellow powdercoated wireforms? I think I really like that!

Great space!

Chris

4 weeks later
    #15645 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

Needed to spice up the utility room that you walk through to get to the game room. Here’s the before and current progress photos.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks awesome, like a queue line at Disney! Great work!

Chris

3 weeks later
    #15793 3 years ago

Wait, this is an AirBNB? Where? I thiknk I need to book this!

Chris

3 months later
    #16492 3 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

Has anyone here done an HO scale "railroad" running near the ceiling, that encircles your room? I would think several people have done so.
    Can someone advise on the construction pitfalls to avoid in creating this - i.e., what materials work best for the runs along the wall, how best to hang or suspend all the track and supportive structures? Also any important issues, such as how far out distance-wise you need to do the corners so the track has enough radius to swing the corners and the train makes it through those areas??
    I have boxes of old HO stuff from my childhood and I'd really like to look into this for the added gameroom amusement of the grandkids.
    Thanks much!

Following this as I was considering the same thing.

Chris

#16531 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shawn1976:

You got some extra cash to throw my way?
    Pinball games are so much more expensive than arcades, well at least back in the day when I purchased all of my arcades.

Wanna trade that Ice Cold Beer for something?

Chris

#16533 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shawn1976:

I appreciate the offer, but I’ll have to decline.

No worries. You don't know until you ask

Chris

#16581 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

I really respect people who can do things like finish a basement themselves. I wish I had more skills like that.

My wife and I did ours with 2 exceptions. We hired out the electric and the drop ceiling / soffit work.

It took us about a year to get it all done working here and there. If you're really bored we took lots of pics.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/1049931

Since then it flooded once and we no longer have the laminate wood floors, but things happen. Was a great learning experience and we only had one mishap which required an ER visit. LOL

Chris

#16606 3 years ago

Updated video.

Chris

1 week later
    #16643 3 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

ATTN: Buffalo
    I moved to your glorious city last week.
    I'm pleased to announce that I've finished unpacking all my shit and was able to set up the first edition of Lake Effect Laundromat™ this afternoon.
    Let's hang when the pandemic finally gets its ass kicked OK?
    xo
    (Oh, and go Bills!)
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Well done! It's like Sunshine Laundromat part II!

Enjoy! And welcome to the east coast!

Chris

#16645 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

He's further front the East coast now than he was

oh whoops. I was thinking he was moving from the Midwest. Never mind then

Carry on!

Chris

1 month later
    #16837 3 years ago
    Quoted from scootss:

After this weekend's addition of Aerosmith and the sorting of the Megatouch, it's starting to come together.
    Any suggestions for another arcade next to JP? No more pins (for now )

Oooooh! I so want that CD Jukebox. Sweet room!

Chris

#16886 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Not a game room but a game room bath. The old silvered walls were about 25 years old. Time to match it up with the rest of the game room.
    Just waiting on the light fixture to come.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh man that looks great!

#16890 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

My latest gameroom! Pretty much out of room in the basement gameroom, so...wife lets me put one in the bedroom. . Damn, gotta love that woman.
    [quoted image]

Damn! She must like that "new pinball smell". LOL

She's a keeper for sure!

Chris

#16892 3 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

That's a whole lotta love!

Now I'm upset I didn't come up with that reply. LOL

Chris

#16896 3 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Haven't posted update images or a new video in a while and I've changed out some games and added new things to the Loft.
    Time for an update!
    New to the Loft since last full posting:
    - Big Buck Hunter Mini Reloaded
    - JJP Guns N' Roses CE
    - Stern Avengers Infinity Quest LE
    - Stern Jurassic Park Premium
    - New Mathmos "Giant IO" Lava Lamp
    - New set of Mix Tiles (movie themes)
    New to the PinballLoft.com blog:
    - John Schneider's visit
    - Building the Loft (build link at top)
    - Big Buck Hunter review and tech
    - GnR CE review
    - Avengers AIQ review
    - Gottlieb Wipe Out restore
    - Pinwoofer review
    https://thepinballloft.com/
    Shot a new one minute video of the room
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

https://media.giphy.com/media/oubM1tKqnLW5G/source.gif

2 weeks later
    #17081 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Pay no attention to my collection stats.
    And don’t take life too seriously

I'm sorry but this was the best thing I've seen in a while. It really made me smile.

Chris

4 weeks later
    #17300 3 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

Haha. Yeah I'm hoping they give the place a good sweep before we take ownership. You should see the back yard. It's a minefield of bricks, drywall and lumber with nails sticking out of it in every direction.

Make sure they haul away the stuff in the yard and don't bury it. Ask me how I know

Chris

1 week later
    #17349 3 years ago
    Quoted from s2k4ary:

Here’s my latest pic. Almost done restoring my mousin around.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks amazing. Love Mousin' Around.

Chris

2 weeks later
    #17436 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mikespinball:

The wife and I are building a new home. She designed the main floor and I get the daylight basement. Very large game room and work area for the machines. It's been over a year in the works and finely under construction. Very excited!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, what a great space this will be! Congrats!

Chris

#17459 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Gameroom Update:
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!

Chris

2 weeks later
    #17553 2 years ago

Update from today.

Chris

#17555 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Wow, nice picks on games! I can see you appreciate the classic period like I before Mortal Combat and dozen more took over the arcades. A real collection you have, don't ever let it or the dream go!

Thanks! I tend to want to have what I remember playing in the arcades back in the day. When I was into video games, it was Asteroids, Defender, Space Duel and stuff like that. Mortal Kombat and the age of fighting games happened after I shifted to pinball mainly, and that's kinda evident in the pinball machines I have as well.

Probably the biggest exception is the CarnEvil, which I got more to just have some variety for when people are over. Turns out on free play it's pretty easy. LOL

Chris

2 months later
    #17912 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yup.
    [quoted image]

Oh man, are those available anywhere? I am getting a MSN Firbird soon and feel like I might have this issue at some point

Chris

1 month later
    #18107 2 years ago
    Quoted from ringonu:

Got the final touches completed and am in maintenance mode for a while. Will eventually trade up to a dmd pin but this is my lineup for the foreseeable future.

Good assortment of games there! Enjoy!

Chris

#18132 2 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

Well after 1 year of ~2-hour work nights and a few weekends I finally have this done. Just need to finish casing in pillars and building the shelf wood slab, finding a cool runner carpet and a large main carpet. I’m new to home theater and have budget theater stuff mostly purchased second hand off Facebook. The Polk T90’s I bought new from tweeter back in mid 2000’s hoping I would have a game/ theater room one day. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

"Done". That's funny. They never seem to be "done". Looks like an awesome space though. Great variety, and nice movie area!

Chris

#18140 2 years ago
    Quoted from ShrimpPimp:

We've added a few pins over the past few months, but we're not done yet. Waiting on Iron Maiden Premium pin and a Jurassic Park Arcade sit down two player game to arrive this month. They are going in what used to be the exercise room located adjacent to the cigar room. Still have a few more items to hang on the walls but it's coming together.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful room(s)! Very classy.

Chris

#18163 2 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Weather, this one took us by surprise. Was only supposed to be 3 or 4 inches, which we can handle. Not sure how much came down, but it was a lot. Lots of cars still in the neighborhood, included my wife's. Of course I'd rather lose a car than a pinball machine. I moved al the EMs upstairs. Normally I would evac the solid states, but like I said, took us by surprise. I'll attach an updated pic in a min.[quoted image]

UGH. Ida got us too. Hoping you can get it cleaned up quickly and without minimal loss

Chris

#18183 2 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Thanks everyone. Bit of bad pinball news, the Cyclone fell over sometime over night. Very disappointed, that was my first game and all time favorite. It was in excellent condition, probably not so much anymore. I'll let it dry out and see what can be done. At least the backglass was upstairs.
    The rest of the machines stayed high and dry. Even the Disco Fever was high enough, I wasn't so sure for a while. I think my mistake with the Cyclone was that I put it on some This End Up furniture. Turns out they're very buoyant.
    The room itself it a total mess. Things were looking so good just on the last page of this thread. Oh well, time to get back to work. Water still isn't gone yet, but plenty to do.

Sorry about Cyclone

We got water as well. Not nearly as bad as you did though. This was all the while our sump pump was running the entire time through the storm. The water came up through the floor. Nothing we could do but wait. I thought we’d be ok based in past experiences. I was wrong. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. My stuff should dry out. Just an annoyance for me. Much more serious for you. We only got about 7-8” in our basement. The video was about 3 hours before the rain stopped.

Chris

66C5186E-57EC-4114-B917-E6CCCD946978 (resized).jpeg66C5186E-57EC-4114-B917-E6CCCD946978 (resized).jpeg6E9075B5-4FA3-40ED-86CE-9C1DBF8869EE (resized).jpeg6E9075B5-4FA3-40ED-86CE-9C1DBF8869EE (resized).jpeg702E4539-70C0-4482-9F47-6D56BA4439DD (resized).jpeg702E4539-70C0-4482-9F47-6D56BA4439DD (resized).jpegBD5AB9D4-299E-4FD3-9756-DA872879E794 (resized).jpegBD5AB9D4-299E-4FD3-9756-DA872879E794 (resized).jpegC00C05C2-AB38-4430-BDB5-7B7DCBE558D3 (resized).jpegC00C05C2-AB38-4430-BDB5-7B7DCBE558D3 (resized).jpegC8C5CA67-9608-4DEB-9508-F642A3E3C25B (resized).jpegC8C5CA67-9608-4DEB-9508-F642A3E3C25B (resized).jpegD1687D3E-B245-48D7-93F3-62B2DA2FBD13 (resized).jpegD1687D3E-B245-48D7-93F3-62B2DA2FBD13 (resized).jpegE00C43C4-2C1A-40B8-9B4E-426A90D23543 (resized).jpegE00C43C4-2C1A-40B8-9B4E-426A90D23543 (resized).jpegE559E5EE-4666-4C68-AA7B-0C34A6631FE2 (resized).jpegE559E5EE-4666-4C68-AA7B-0C34A6631FE2 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #18274 2 years ago

Water is gone, all wet items thrown out. Demo complete, airing out now. All games appear to be functional to that's good news at least.

But what a mess, and we only had 8" of water.

65290793049__E9E8DA15-E5DD-421F-A71F-7D0C2B214BB0 (resized).jpg65290793049__E9E8DA15-E5DD-421F-A71F-7D0C2B214BB0 (resized).jpg65290794381__7DD2F0A1-1F44-4382-9504-592816875DC9 (resized).jpg65290794381__7DD2F0A1-1F44-4382-9504-592816875DC9 (resized).jpg65290795738__D7943CC4-5DA9-46DC-A36D-336BF06FECBD (resized).jpg65290795738__D7943CC4-5DA9-46DC-A36D-336BF06FECBD (resized).jpgIMG_4665 (resized).jpgIMG_4665 (resized).jpgIMG_4666 (resized).jpgIMG_4666 (resized).jpgIMG_4667 (resized).jpgIMG_4667 (resized).jpgIMG_4668 (resized).jpgIMG_4668 (resized).jpg
    #18279 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

water is the worst. And insurance doesn't pay for shit. Sucks bad.

Yeah, I didn't have coverage for water backup. I do now. $100 a year for 35K in coverage. As long as we have a sump pump and it is working, if there's an issue it's covered. Better than nothing.

Chris

#18296 2 years ago
    Quoted from JimWilks:

Had an event at my place yesterday so needed to do a bit of a cleanup of the game room. While I was at it, I took some new pics as it's been quite while since I posted my pics here. The room is nothing fancy, just some fun games...

Yeah, I guess you have a few ok games there. LOL

Chris

1 week later
    #18351 2 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Drywall is back up, feels like Grounghog Day!
    [quoted image]

Looks good! I hope to start on mine in a few weeks.

Chris

#18370 2 years ago

Finally got my father in law’s games set up n his new house after 6 months in storage. Had to wait for a bedroom to be built in the unfinished portion of the basement so the gameroom space could be reclaimed.

1C390DD4-0B51-44D5-B3DD-6620F49CA4C3 (resized).jpeg1C390DD4-0B51-44D5-B3DD-6620F49CA4C3 (resized).jpeg209F9062-232B-450C-A637-1522D682C539 (resized).jpeg209F9062-232B-450C-A637-1522D682C539 (resized).jpeg677F95B8-E289-4D6A-9B24-A5FAD2076868 (resized).jpeg677F95B8-E289-4D6A-9B24-A5FAD2076868 (resized).jpegF67FC896-19B7-44BA-8064-0A1C8EDBFCAE (resized).jpegF67FC896-19B7-44BA-8064-0A1C8EDBFCAE (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #18515 2 years ago

I call the current stage "Organized Chaos"

IMG_4799 (resized).jpgIMG_4799 (resized).jpgIMG_4800 (resized).jpgIMG_4800 (resized).jpgIMG_4801 (resized).jpgIMG_4801 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #18603 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Finally got around to bringing some of my EM pins back down to the basement, after getting a new floor installed.
    This basement side room will continue to be my retro EM pinball room as well as my place to store and archive my pinball manuals and vast pinball flyer collection.
    Below are a couple of pictures of those games with my new marmoleum floor finally installed.
    Not very pretty or custom or as nice as a lot of the other gamerooms in this topic thread,
    but it is what it is.
    I still have about 10 more pins to set back up in the basement, some of which will be Solid State pins,
    but i think I am leaning more toward EMs at the moment.
    I a getting too old for this hobby, as I strained my back, while setting games up.
    If it were not for my nephew (in-law) helping
    it would not be possible to get these games set back up in the basement, let alone anywhere.

Awesome! Something about EM's is captivating. The art, the sound.....I can almost smell this picture.

Chris

1 month later
    #18840 2 years ago
    knotty 2 (resized).jpgknotty 2 (resized).jpg
    #18857 2 years ago

Some photos from yesterday. Progress after flooding in September.

20FD8DC8-1B20-40D3-98BA-14397E202720 (resized).jpeg20FD8DC8-1B20-40D3-98BA-14397E202720 (resized).jpeg3D0BF653-4630-4788-8240-E5BC0244EF64 (resized).jpeg3D0BF653-4630-4788-8240-E5BC0244EF64 (resized).jpeg574F9FE6-6359-43DD-A97A-0E2C6C92839C (resized).jpeg574F9FE6-6359-43DD-A97A-0E2C6C92839C (resized).jpeg5F2010D6-3B3B-47A1-BB81-C50E1BA1DDBA (resized).jpeg5F2010D6-3B3B-47A1-BB81-C50E1BA1DDBA (resized).jpeg677D5E80-25B2-44B5-B318-01AF2A9AE1C0 (resized).jpeg677D5E80-25B2-44B5-B318-01AF2A9AE1C0 (resized).jpeg973FB5CD-DFBD-4BEA-AC79-96350F60E126 (resized).jpeg973FB5CD-DFBD-4BEA-AC79-96350F60E126 (resized).jpegCFE9580B-24E8-4D2F-B87D-69587B8D3962 (resized).jpegCFE9580B-24E8-4D2F-B87D-69587B8D3962 (resized).jpegD6306B33-2EC4-49C0-9CF9-3313E81DED61 (resized).jpegD6306B33-2EC4-49C0-9CF9-3313E81DED61 (resized).jpeg
    #18868 2 years ago

They killed it in 2 days. Looks good. One more day then I can put stuff back in order.

0E002D29-AADD-4E88-A5AF-1479DC3F698D (resized).jpeg0E002D29-AADD-4E88-A5AF-1479DC3F698D (resized).jpeg3329A9AC-E93E-4771-84FE-F50439234ACC (resized).jpeg3329A9AC-E93E-4771-84FE-F50439234ACC (resized).jpeg48818093-4F34-45AB-8204-E80AD9B5C916 (resized).jpeg48818093-4F34-45AB-8204-E80AD9B5C916 (resized).jpeg7EA38ED8-F3F1-4326-BAC0-882BD804A0E5 (resized).jpeg7EA38ED8-F3F1-4326-BAC0-882BD804A0E5 (resized).jpegBE5A4DFD-6A34-4E0C-A4A2-F54AFB296112 (resized).jpegBE5A4DFD-6A34-4E0C-A4A2-F54AFB296112 (resized).jpegDEFC85BA-3788-4157-BF6C-0E9E0EB89D8A (resized).jpegDEFC85BA-3788-4157-BF6C-0E9E0EB89D8A (resized).jpegF7456AE9-BCD5-4FF1-85BD-BD0B450FF19A (resized).jpegF7456AE9-BCD5-4FF1-85BD-BD0B450FF19A (resized).jpeg
    #18876 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I like it better that way. The glass shelves make me nervous

LOL. The glass shelves have been there for 7 years now with no issues. Now that I said that though.......

Chris

1 week later
    #18906 2 years ago

I know this looks like a hot mess, but I FINALLY started to put the basement back together. The contractor got all the wainscoting done, so I could get to work. This was one day and I hope to have it all situated and cleaned up in the next few days or so.

Riverboat Gambler, WCS, Breakshot, and T3 have returned to their owner. Moon Patrol, TOTAN, and RFM will do the same likely tonight (after being down in the basement for almost 20 years)

Chris

2 months later
    #19516 2 years ago

Took a long boring video of the current basement status. LOL

Damn I hate the way I sound on video, and sorry for the orientation.

Chris

#19525 2 years ago
    Quoted from daveyvandy:

I'm currently building a custom home. Hopefully the drop ceiling here was done right! This will all be the pinball area.
    Before HVAC and electric:
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    After with drop ceiling install:
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I'm no builder but I think that looks nice and done right. That's pretty much how ours was done when we have the ceiling done in our basement. Since we now have to replace the HVAC system, we'll see if they have to tear apart the soffit

Quoted from daveyvandy:

I'm currently building a custom home. Hopefully the drop ceiling here was done right! This will all be the pinball area.
    Before HVAC and electric:
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    After with drop ceiling install:
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

That looks nice to me but I’m no builder. They did ours pretty much the same way. We’ll see in a week how it fairs when we have to replace the entire HVAC system.

060BE8BC-0A88-43BC-97B3-CA439D39985C (resized).png060BE8BC-0A88-43BC-97B3-CA439D39985C (resized).png1921DFD6-1D0A-466B-A8D0-929DB6500C48 (resized).png1921DFD6-1D0A-466B-A8D0-929DB6500C48 (resized).png284CA97A-BF29-412D-9EC0-A3D6AF612C25 (resized).png284CA97A-BF29-412D-9EC0-A3D6AF612C25 (resized).png751079C7-89F7-4314-BDE9-2FEE91478DAC (resized).png751079C7-89F7-4314-BDE9-2FEE91478DAC (resized).pngAD977A1D-FED0-4314-B0E6-A9973A3F3B70 (resized).pngAD977A1D-FED0-4314-B0E6-A9973A3F3B70 (resized).png
    #19583 2 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

3-minute walk thru taken 02-19-22. Feels great to have activity after the long Covid hiatus.

Just incredible! I was watching this and my wife said "What restaurant is that?" LOL

I had to tell her this was someone's house. She was impressed, and that's hard to do!

Chris

#19611 2 years ago
    Quoted from ChiPin1978:

Not nearly as insane as some of the game rooms on this thread, but good for now. When I get a chance I'll clean up the third game room area and add another photo and maybe one with everything lit up and the under cab lighting. As an aside, has anyone hard wired a laser light or have a link to a good one to hard wire? I'm looking to add that to the main area, assuming it isn't incredibly annoying while trying to play pinball. Also going to add some suzo happ drink holders to arcades. Cheers

Nice variety there! Looks fun!

Chris

1 month later
    #19815 2 years ago
    Quoted from Br81zad:

It's very much a work in progress. Just moved into the new home late September of last year. Much more to come.
    [quoted image]

I SO want a dual Daytona USA. Very jealous of that!

Nice room you have!

Chris

3 weeks later
    #19871 2 years ago
    Quoted from mmuglia:

Ordered Godzilla in January and got it today. This wall is all new in the past 4 months. It used to be BDK, IM, Avengers Hulk, and POTC. Now it's GnR LE, AC/DC premium, a HUO CV, and Godzilla premium.

The most Arcade part of this setup is the JVC on top of the Dragon's Lair. BRAVO!

What a fantastic space and good variety!

Chris

1 week later
    #19948 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Only car i ever took to a show was as old as me.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Won best in class at the Chev Nationals here so i never entered it again. Let it rest on it's 100% record

Nice! Retired as champion!

Chris

#19977 1 year ago

Sometimes I rearrange just for fun.

6C3C9FFE-B587-4E53-9286-D32B72043F74 (resized).jpeg6C3C9FFE-B587-4E53-9286-D32B72043F74 (resized).jpeg7BCF01B0-EA51-4A6A-A710-82555DABCC95 (resized).jpeg7BCF01B0-EA51-4A6A-A710-82555DABCC95 (resized).jpeg
    #19985 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

You guys crack me up. I have to replace my HVAC right now, it's the cost of a Stern Premium. Not only space, but life gets in the way of more pins. I'm cool with what I have.

Yeah we just did that as well. WIth 2 systems. Dual zone is nice until you have to replace them both

Quoted from Scotty_K:

I just arranged to have Anderson windows put in. I don't think there is enough room here to list all of the other things I could have gotten...

That was last years project for us too. You don't realize how many windows you have until you have to replace them. The joys of a 23 year old builders' grade house. Roof is next year. No now pins next year a guess. LOL

Chris

#19997 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm still working on it but am debating mounting an entire extra row of marquees over my light strips. This would difuse the light. I'm slowly collecting these marquees (looking for scratch and dents) and they are awesome. I figure I've already got a ton of holes in the wall, why not ruit the ceiling too!
    [quoted image]

Aw man. I wish I knew you needed marquees. I have 3 you can have.

Chris

3 weeks later
    #20175 1 year ago

Made some changes. Some quick pics here. Once cleaned up will get better photos.

0E37F5E1-16DA-4DE6-A14B-69A697869587 (resized).jpeg0E37F5E1-16DA-4DE6-A14B-69A697869587 (resized).jpeg43D4B3E3-B80F-446E-A784-EEB33E296BD4 (resized).jpeg43D4B3E3-B80F-446E-A784-EEB33E296BD4 (resized).jpeg59C14827-43DC-4023-A423-484660760100 (resized).jpeg59C14827-43DC-4023-A423-484660760100 (resized).jpegFABD2C19-FDFF-48A6-AAD6-9B6893C1AEE8 (resized).jpegFABD2C19-FDFF-48A6-AAD6-9B6893C1AEE8 (resized).jpegFC389788-9CD9-41BD-946F-2D3B188D17ED (resized).jpegFC389788-9CD9-41BD-946F-2D3B188D17ED (resized).jpeg
    #20178 1 year ago
    Quoted from scootss:

I like your style. How would you rate mousin' vs earthshaker in a home environment?
    Both are on my list.

I find them very different. If I had to pick, it would be Earthshaker, but Mousin' is good fun and the ball lock traps are super cool. I like the music on Mousin Around. it's really upbeat and catchy. That said, Earthshaker is just plain awesome. Great sounds, music, and gameplay.

Both are staying.

Chris

#20179 1 year ago
    Quoted from polishedball:

Love the sys11 luv

They have always been my favorite era of games.

Chris

2 weeks later
    #20242 1 year ago

Unless something crazy happens this will be my lineup for the foreseeable future.

Chris

#20251 1 year ago
    Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Had a few local collectors over today to hang out and shot this quick video beforehand.

Wow, a working Stompin and it looks to be in incredible shape! Nice space and great variety of stuff! Love the Black Widow nxt to the Space Duel. I used to have that as well but sold my BW. Some great vector stuff you have there! Good time for sure.

Chris

3 months later
    #20777 1 year ago

6 minutes of basement.

Chris

#20818 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I've been looking for a Sega Flashbeats since i first saw them. There is a couple in this thread.

I've had to make do with a Catch the Light combo game until i can find one. The visiting kids still seem to like it.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Ok that Flash Beats is pretty cool!

Never seen that before.

Chris

2 weeks later
    #20891 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

How does everyone do their "order" of games? Age? Manufacturer? Theme?
    My main four are in the order I remembered / loved them as a kid... Getaway, Funhouse, Diner, Party Zone.

I've done it several ways over the years but it changes as new stuff comes in. Right now I have Dr Dude and Mousin Around together since they are the same profile. Then I have Bad Cats next to MOusin just because I feel they go together. The rest are just kind of lined up as they arrived or got moved in the process of getting the others in line.

Ceiling height also plays in, and I typically rotate one out to another spot when they need to be worked on.

Chris

1 month later
    #21251 1 year ago

Took this pic last night before a party and thought it turned out well.

DC37E7A6-32D9-44A4-ADB3-54900634C006 (resized).jpegDC37E7A6-32D9-44A4-ADB3-54900634C006 (resized).jpeg
    #21261 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Debated sharing but here it goes. Built a home. Revolved the layout around my theater. Im a big movie guy. Excavated under the covered porch for the theater and Excavated under the garage for what was supposed to be a playroom but I took that over with the arcade.
    There’s a Gym down there that doesn’t get used as much as it should and a spare bedroom where my friends can crash but the pub is a fun spot. Urinal was top of my list.
    Happy to report beer on tap is dangerous but also very inviting.
    Big stranger things fans here and that’s where the arcade logo on the door comes from.
    Love pinball but 5 pins seem to be my sweet spot.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

WOW! That is a beautiful (and huge) space!

Chris

1 week later
    #21351 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

A Jpop, a Lawlor, and an Oursler. Three fun pins!

This sounds like the beginning of a joke. LOL

Chris

1 week later
    #21402 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blake:

From our New Year's Eve party. Vid heavy.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very good use of space. I like the old bagatelle games on the wall. Nice room!

Chris

1 month later
    #21735 1 year ago
    Quoted from polishedball:

I fell in love with Brian Allens newest Tee design but he wasn’t offering prints so my wife made a mural of it for going downstairs to the arcade. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's not my style but she did an AMAZING job!

Chris

#21745 1 year ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

The customization has been pretty impressive.
    This Locktar is actually made in my dad’s image with custom fortunes wit specific messaging.[quoted image][quoted image]

OK now THAT is really cool! What a piece of work that sculpture is!

Chris

1 week later
    #21757 1 year ago
    Quoted from stavio:

Updated garage setup...

Damn, that's a big garage!

Chris

1 week later
    #21793 1 year ago

Updated walk through.

Video-

FC8F8C26-392B-461A-9402-AD155925C840 (resized).jpegFC8F8C26-392B-461A-9402-AD155925C840 (resized).jpeg1B88D2A5-5F14-4A9A-B768-D179023DA4B5 (resized).jpeg1B88D2A5-5F14-4A9A-B768-D179023DA4B5 (resized).jpeg405A4186-F5CE-4333-A78C-89590DD60106 (resized).jpeg405A4186-F5CE-4333-A78C-89590DD60106 (resized).jpeg081F8926-C334-4411-94A1-EDA03626237C (resized).jpeg081F8926-C334-4411-94A1-EDA03626237C (resized).jpeg877BB897-5F83-44D4-9CC8-293AF80DE0DE (resized).jpeg877BB897-5F83-44D4-9CC8-293AF80DE0DE (resized).jpeg393A573D-7F95-42CA-926B-9FE190C9BB58 (resized).jpeg393A573D-7F95-42CA-926B-9FE190C9BB58 (resized).jpeg14F85152-B59C-4F8B-BC81-DC460843150F (resized).jpeg14F85152-B59C-4F8B-BC81-DC460843150F (resized).jpeg5EA532F6-1748-4EB2-93FE-BDE12256736C (resized).jpeg5EA532F6-1748-4EB2-93FE-BDE12256736C (resized).jpeg6C08C965-E780-46C0-B616-6228E4C17810 (resized).jpeg6C08C965-E780-46C0-B616-6228E4C17810 (resized).jpeg54FF9214-C5BB-48A9-8A74-BAB742B2011D (resized).jpeg54FF9214-C5BB-48A9-8A74-BAB742B2011D (resized).jpeg4CDDE1D2-6E24-4BA6-A148-61AD60B56F8F (resized).jpeg4CDDE1D2-6E24-4BA6-A148-61AD60B56F8F (resized).jpegC31FD700-9C17-4F63-AB42-93878744ADF3 (resized).jpegC31FD700-9C17-4F63-AB42-93878744ADF3 (resized).jpegC13C529D-9E1E-4095-867A-1C09972D1818 (resized).jpegC13C529D-9E1E-4095-867A-1C09972D1818 (resized).jpeg
    #21796 1 year ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Great space! Of the few arcade games I wish I never sold, Space Duel is one I’d like to have back. Really no other game like it.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I was about to say, Space Dual is a fantastic game. Great to see this in SilverUnicorn's lineup!

Thanks! I love Space Duel. the 2 player element makes it so much fun. This is the second one I've had. I keep thinking of selling it but then I play it again and that thought goes away. LOL. Such fantastic side art too!

Chris

#21799 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Can't believe you sold Black Widow

Yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. I wrestled with that for a while before I did. At least it went to a good collector locally. Honestly it was unique but I didn't play it much. Was amazing to look at but I wanted it to be appreciated more than it was in my place.

Chris

#21806 1 year ago
    Quoted from Triplecdad:

Moved to new house five years ago, much smaller than house we raised our kids in. Wife kindly let me build this separate building, with full bath and large closet. Not as fancy as many here, but suits me just fine. Love her. Love pinball ... and the dog's name is Rebel. He likes Pinshield.

Great room! Very classy. Nice variety as well.

Chris

1 month later
    #21976 11 months ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m going on the hunt…

Wear pants with deep pockets. These ain't cheap! LOL

Chris

1 week later
    #22005 11 months ago

Me too!

Chris

#22090 11 months ago

I feel that if I had blacklights in my basement they would see too much.

1 month later
    #22343 9 months ago

My happy place. My wife doesn’t play any of them

IMG_8853 (resized).jpegIMG_8853 (resized).jpegIMG_8854 (resized).jpegIMG_8854 (resized).jpegIMG_8856 (resized).jpegIMG_8856 (resized).jpegIMG_8857 (resized).jpegIMG_8857 (resized).jpegIMG_8858 (resized).jpegIMG_8858 (resized).jpegIMG_8859 (resized).jpegIMG_8859 (resized).jpegIMG_8860 (resized).jpegIMG_8860 (resized).jpeg
    #22365 9 months ago

Ok so just so I am on the record here. My wife is awesome. She doesn't play pinball or even any of the video games. I bought the Frogger for her because she said she liked that game, but I think she's maybe played it 10 times in the 7 or 8 years it's been here. Usually when friends are over she'll play a game or two. She's just not into it. And that is fine. She has hobbies I don't really care for, and she knows that. But she doesn't stop me from enjoying my hobby and I don't stop her from enjoying hers.

Communication, respect, and balance. That's what we have and it works great. I don't need to "ask permission" if I want to get something new for the basement. I do, because that's respectful, but I don't need to (and she tells me that). I feel we have a great marriage, and just celebrated our 23rd anniversary. We've had MAYBE 3 or 4 arguments in those 23 years.

Didn't mean for an aside comment to derail this thread. Sorry if it did so.

Now, onto more gameroom photos!

Chris

#22368 9 months ago

Another random question.............

Whenever we have people over we usually end up in the gameroom at some point. There are 17 games to choose from including pinball and arcade, plus a pool table. INEVITABLY someone will always say "Why don't you get (insert game name here)?

Does anyone else get this? Just curious.

Chris

3 weeks later
    #22513 9 months ago
    Quoted from Rehamed:

Nearly all setup, just need to bring lord of the rings upstairs to the room

Nice space!

Chris

#22515 8 months ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I had six non-pinball playing family members over the other day.
    My line-up is: Getaway, Funhouse, Diner, Party Zone, World Cup Soccer, Theatre of Magic, Cyclone, Space Station and Sure Shot.
    Everyone had a great time and while I don't know exactly how much each game got played, I can tell you which ones got the most and least attention.
    World Cup Soccer was the one everyone kept playing and enjoying and figuring out more and more of what to do and aim at. On the other end of that was Space Station. Consensus was that it is just too hard and you don't know what you're supposed to do or where to send the ball.
    Thought that was interesting. I love Space Station, but definitely know how hard it is on account of their being no inlanes. And have heard some of the other WCS owners saying the same about their game and now I've seen it with my own eyes. Fun day regardless. Love having the variety in the line-up.

I always find it interesting to see what the non-pinball people play when they come over. You have a great lineup, and while I'd probably have been on Space Station or Diner most of the time, I totally get WCS. That game is very approachable to non-pin people from what I have seen. Oddly enough, when I had it, Hyperball was the game that got the most attention when I had people over.

Chris

3 weeks later
    #22600 8 months ago

Ready to have some people over tonight.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #22603 8 months ago
    Quoted from uphamj:

What Time I will be right over.....

please do!

Chris

#22616 8 months ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Here''s a Shout Out to the Banker and His Pinball Collection .. It's been 2 year's since I did a Full Collection Video for him .. Several Pin's have Left and Several have Came N .. With More on the Way .. Banker is Look_N for a Close too Collector Quality Junk Yard pin , if Ya have 1 , shoOt either Me or Him a PM ...... EnjOy the videO

Great variety he has there for sure!

nice.

Chris

2 months later
    #23028 5 months ago

Pretty much unchanged but had stuff on last night when I had a friend over.

IMG_9612 (resized).jpegIMG_9612 (resized).jpegIMG_9613 (resized).jpegIMG_9613 (resized).jpegIMG_9614 (resized).jpegIMG_9614 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #23092 4 months ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Latest line up and likely the last to be in this room before everything moves to the finished garage where the line up will eventually expand by 3.

Very nice variety there!!

Chris

2 weeks later
    #23145 4 months ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is a fantastic assortment covering the many eras of solid state games. Well done!

Chris

1 week later
    #23185 4 months ago

Current gameroom state after 4 inches of rain and the sump pump deciding to fail. As a friend stated : Basements are great……until they’re not.

IMG_9734 (resized).jpegIMG_9734 (resized).jpegIMG_9736 (resized).jpegIMG_9736 (resized).jpegIMG_9737 (resized).jpegIMG_9737 (resized).jpegIMG_9738 (resized).jpegIMG_9738 (resized).jpegIMG_9739 (resized).jpegIMG_9739 (resized).jpegIMG_9740 (resized).jpegIMG_9740 (resized).jpeg
    #23205 4 months ago

Thanks all. Got a new sump pump, went to install it, and when I cracked the clamp to remove the hose clamp off the old check valve the old pump kicked on. WTF. Anyway, after a few hours the water is down but the damage is done. The video games (as always) took the worst of it. The ones with plywood cabinets aren't too bad, but CarnEvil is MDF and that crap is like a sponge.

We can't do a water backup pump because we are not on city water. I thought you needed municipal water to have that option?

This is happened before and it's super annoying, but it's just stuff and can be fixed and/or replaced. A few houses nearby had major damage from the water.

3 dehumidifiers and 6 fans running down there (and likely will be for a week or two). Will see if insurance will work with us on the walls and stuff.

The floor is plastic so that is fine. It's interlocking tiles made by the same company that makes the RaceDeck garage floors.1

Anyway, I guess I should get back to it. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Chris

#23208 4 months ago
    Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Very sorry for your losses here like I said to the other guy, I dodged a bullet in my basement (thankfully the pins were on the deeper part of the slab, so my uprights didn't get hit) ..hopefully your insurance covers you with this..

Yeah, we'll see. I called Jake at State Farm but there's 6 callers ahead of me LOL.

I will send them a video maybe that will help.

Chris

#23223 4 months ago

The water is out. Replaced the sump pump (after the old one decided to start working for some unknown reason) and set up 9 fans. Things are drying out pretty well.

All the arcade games still work so that's good but they have pretty major cabinet swelling so there's a significant value reduction.

All in all it could have been worse.

Chris

#23226 4 months ago
    Quoted from Ballderdash:

A lot of what helps is your positive attitude. I’m impressed with how well you’re handling it.

Thanks. It's not the first time it had happened, but is the first time because of sump failure. The other two times were instances where it just couldn't keep up with the amount of water we got. In those instances we had like 4 inches of rain in 2 hours.

It is what it is and it's all part of owning a house and having a basement. Sometimes they're great. Other times, not so much. LOL

in the end it's just "stuff" and if needed can be replaced.

Chris

1 week later
    #23356 3 months ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Did an end-of-year dry run walk-thru of my latest setup. Things are getting pretty cozy here.

Such an amazing space. Looks like a showroom! Well done.

Chris

1 week later
    #23457 3 months ago
    Quoted from PeterG:

Small adjustments to the gameroom for 2024. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is AWESOME! Well done! Is that a small automat machine under the Ford gumball machine?

Fantastic space!

Chris

#23458 3 months ago
    Quoted from PinballGalore:

You’ll see the goldmember poster in the background. My favorite trilogy of all time.
    Opened the monster bash in the living room for now. Kid’s 3.5 and playing it daily after kindergarten. Here with his grandfather afternoon.
    [quoted image]

This photo is priceless.

Chris

2 weeks later
    #23524 84 days ago

My pinball happy place. Updated walk through now that everything is back together after some minor flooding.

1 week later
    #23567 72 days ago
    Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I like revisiting here every 12 months as I change my collection over a fair bit. Here’s the cave today. Don’t roast me for the Silverball purple backglass. It’s trashed and has so much paint missing that it actually looks better in purple than white until I replace it. Too much light coming through when I’m playing it and as always the camera seems to blow out the colours.

Great variety! Nice space!

Chris

#23587 66 days ago
    Quoted from Cyclehoarder:

Love all of these!! So pleased with how ours came out![quoted image]

Great space! I'd love to have a walk out.

Chris

2 weeks later
    #23607 51 days ago

Not sure where I’ll put EATPM or Bad Cats. Getting full down here. Time to sell something maybe

Pool table is staying
    The open area between Stranger Things and Getaway is the wife’s space. I'm sure I can work something out

IMG_0017 (resized).jpegIMG_0017 (resized).jpegIMG_0018 (resized).jpegIMG_0018 (resized).jpegIMG_0019 (resized).jpegIMG_0019 (resized).jpegIMG_0020 (resized).jpegIMG_0020 (resized).jpegIMG_0021 (resized).jpegIMG_0021 (resized).jpegIMG_0022 (resized).jpegIMG_0022 (resized).jpegIMG_0023 (resized).jpegIMG_0023 (resized).jpegIMG_0024 (resized).jpegIMG_0024 (resized).jpegIMG_0025 (resized).jpegIMG_0025 (resized).jpegIMG_0026 (resized).jpegIMG_0026 (resized).jpeg

#23609 51 days ago
    Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Cool basement! I'm gonna have to give you minus 5 points for the TV wiring debacle though.

Thanks! That's fair. LOL It needs to get redone, and we need to ditch cable, so that'll clean much of it up.

Chris

2 weeks later
    #23673 31 days ago
    Quoted from Mikespinball:

Taking a long last look at my game room here in Eugene Oregon. Today is the day I start folding my machines up for moving. My family and I are moving to the Tri-Cities Washington. Had a great time living here, but looking forward to the move and our new place.
    This is always the no fun part of being in this hobby is moving our babies.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I hope you have an equally awesome space to set up your games in the new place!

Chris

#23695 26 days ago
    Quoted from Jordan23945:

Current lineup...
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hope you never have to rearrange!

Lots packed into that space.

Chris

#23743 20 days ago

Ready to have people over tonight. Jukebox decided I needed to hear Breaking Benjamin. If anyone is near Quakertown PA hit me up!

Chris

1 week later
    #23802 8 days ago

Rearranged a little to make more room for my wife’s Zumba training area. Kinda digging the new setup.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #23804 8 days ago
    Quoted from EtzEtz:

What am I missing…. Where exactly does the Zumba take place?

In the other section of the basement. The games were encroaching .

Chris

IMG_0026 (resized).jpegIMG_0026 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverUnicorn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms?tu=SilverUnicorn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.